lifetime support for solar panels
we've got you covered
We’ve built our reputation on providing world-class service to our customers. Years of experience and a proven track record ensure you’ll get the very best with Sunlux.
frequent support questions
We take the utmost care with your property when installing Sunlux systems, but in the unlikely event that the unexpected happens, we’ll make it right. For example, when a wire was accidentally crossed during installation, damaging a customer’s stove, fridge, microwave and dishwasher, we immediately took them to a local Lowe’s to pick out brand new stainless steel appliances. A situation like this is very rare, but when things do go wrong, we go above and beyond to resolve the situation.
If you notice an issue, call to schedule for a technician to come to your home and resolve the issue.
With our Platinum Performance Package, you’ll never have to worry about a thing. If there is a shortfall in production, we’ll reimburse you for the difference per our contract payment schedule and optimize your system for peak performance, at no charge to you.
Filing a warranty claim with a manufacturer can be a long and painful process. If something breaks, we’ll fix or replace it immediately and deal with the paperwork and manufacturer ourselves. We’d rather you spend your time on something you actually enjoy doing.
Many of our competitors don’t cover the parts and labor costs for repair, but we do with our Platinum Protection Package. Enjoy solar power worry-free, knowing we cover all parts, labor and even shipping costs for any repairs or maintenance for 25 years.
We are known for our world-class customer service, and our reviews and ratings prove it. Our US-based service team is here for you, whether for troubleshooting or simply explaining how to read your new electric bill.
Call (877) 467-6712 today with your support inquiries.
What Sunlux solar customers say
Don't take our word for it. Read what our valued customers think about us.
- After a couple of research for solar company, we decided to go with Sunlux for our solar system. The sales consultant Lorena Gutierrez and service representative Markie Owen are both amazing to work with. The installation team are very professional and on time. They keep me update through out the process. We are very happy with our solar and so far after 4 months we only need to pay $10 a month for Edison connection fee for electricity bill.Kevin C. 5/17/2019
- They've been thorough. They've followed up, responded to emails, tried to make it easy and communicated. It was just wow. I just wish more people were like that in their business. The spiel of the SunLux rep was so clear and well-organized. He anticipated all of the questions that we were probably going to ask. He wasn't one of those salesman types that is like, "How much money do you think you're gonna save...", that is such a time suck as a way to try to engage you. He just engaged personally, instead of through dorky, recommended, inexperienced people. I didn't feel any pressure. We have a date scheduled for installation on November 17th. I was expecting it to take longer and I'm very impressed that it hasn't. I hope it stays that way.Melissa 11/11/2021
- The entire Sunlux team has been incredible from start to finish. During the sales presentation, there was no uncomfortable up selling or pressure by Chris. The installation process managed by Jen was seamless, and whenever there was an issue (all issues were minor) she took considerable effort to ensure our care and solve the problem. The roof and the panels look fabulous and they are producing as expected - we couldn't be happier!! We received 3 other quotes for the project and Sunlux beat the competition in every category, which actually made me a bit nervous, but after going through the whole project, I am blown away that they exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Sunlux and Troy Roofing for any project you might have. Thanks Garrett and the entire Sunlux crew!!Scott M. 7/08/2020
- Sunlux has done everything they said they were gonna do and they responded to every question I've had. Their contract was very detailed and it included the requirements that the law required. I'm fully clear about everything that is going on and how it's happening. It's been about a three-week process so far. We're in the engineering process awaiting a final design and plan. Everything's going as scheduled, as planned, as expected, and as they describe it to me.Steven 2/19/2023
- Sunlux Stands behind their word.Michael R. 10/07/2021
After a year with having panels there was some questions about my SCE bill and the production of my system. Spoke with Michael Valencia and he went above and beyond to resolve my problem. He took the time to explain exactly what was going on. Sunlux made it right, you can't ask anything more from a company. I would highly recommend Sunlux as your solar company.
- We looked at multiple companies for solar over a year. Sunlux was professional from the first point of contact. Between their customer service, installers and employees everyone was helpful and respectful. Getting solar was the best decision we made and I would highly recommend Sunlux.Kim H. 2/26/2020
- Don was my Sunlux rep and he was very knowledgeable, extremely helpful, and always available. I had the most wonderful experience working with him. He mentioned that he was an engineer by training and really had an answer for every question I had. I double-checked his work and it seemed to be spot on. At no point did I get the impression that he didn't know what he was talking about or he was just throwing numbers or concepts out there that he was not comfortable or content with. He was always very cordial and to the point. I haven't really committed to Sunlux yet. If they can be competitive in terms of the price they offer for my projects, then they have my business. If ultimately, I can get the same if not similar service for less money, then I have to go with that.Eaman 6/05/2022
- I chose Sunlux only after performing hours of research using the Better Bureau's website to locate A+ rated companies to perform my solar panel installation. I realize now that I chose well. Sunlux performed a preliminary inspection of my roof and found several cracked tiles which resulted in damage to its underlayment. With knowledge of rain approaching, they offered to tarp my roof at no cost to minimize further damage as I waited for my insurance company to make a final decision on my claim. I feel confident that I made the right choice when I chose Sunlux and would highly recommend them if you value integrity, quality, forward-thinking and customer satisfaction.Victor D. 1/25/2021
- I spoke to other companies. They were somewhat pushy. But with Sunlux, it was nothing like that. I asked for a quote. They gave me a quote and left me alone. The gentleman that gave me the quote showed me how extensive their installation process is to prevent roof leaks. That was another selling point. I didn't see that with the other guys. The guy that gave me the quote, the gentleman that took over and became the project manager, the crew that he sent to evaluate it and the second crew that came to install it were all phenomenal. I see the meter whenever I'm doing yard work. We're barely using any of what we're producing during the day. At night, we're having to use from the grid because we don't have a battery backup yet. There's a progress.Daniel 3/06/2023
- We were in the market for a solar system from a company that was reliable and we could trust. After doing lots of research we asked Sunlux to be our solar provider. They were very honest with their prices (they were on one of the lowest) and their customer service has been excellent? Since we did not know a lot about solar systems, they educated us to be smart consumers and gave us options and choices that met our needs. We can truly say, we are very happy with Sunlux and would recommend them to others as well.Scott M. 2/18/2020
- The SunLux reviews that I saw online were consistently good. There have been a few different people who have been involved with ushering us through the process. The initial person I spoke with was more of a sales guy, and then after that was somebody who was assigned as our primary contact for the process of going through and getting the analysis done, getting the license done, and getting the work itself done.We have one problem at the moment, which is that they said that they were ready to turn on the system. It was a couple weeks ago that they said they were ready to turn on the system and that I should expect to be contacted within three business days by their operations team that would confirm that the system was running, and that I would be able to log in online to my account that had been created to see the statistics of the reporting that the system was running all that. I never got contacted by the operations team, and the online system still shows that the system is not operational. I have a contact who I've been emailing. I'm going to ping her again and see if they can give me an update. Everything else has been great. They did a good job through the whole process. I felt like they were taking good care of us, and doing a good job of staying on top of things.Charles 2/10/2021
- The sales rep was great. He was very patient, answered all my questions and concerns, really listened to my wants and needs and came up with a reasonable timetable as to when things would get accomplished. The cost is a little bit higher than norm, but it’s expected because of the quality of work that SunLux does. I’d also give the installation a 7 out of 10 stars. There was one visit where it was unannounced. They always mentioned that there's always gonna be a possibility of cutting of electricity, so we instructed the project manager that we needed to have ample notice for any visits. Being that we have two students doing online studies, as well as my wife working from home, any disruption can be unwarranted. My also wife mentioned that the installers were speaking Spanish but in a very vulgar tone. Other than that, the installation went okay.Arthur 4/03/2021
- We did a virtual visit and the sales rep explained all the benefits of going solar, and how much money I'll be saving in the long run with going solar. He also mentioned the impact on the planet and renewable energy. He was very informative. He answered all my questions. I was very happy with the sales rep that I dealt with. There was some delays with the installation due to COVID and that was understandable. SunLux Energy was always on point as far as informing me of where we were with the installation process, and with the gathering of permits from the City and from my HOA. The installation crew was great. They came in and explained everything they were going to do. We hardly even heard or saw them because they got in, they did what they had to do, and then they got out. They cleaned up after themselves. The cost of the service was very reasonable. I've got my first electric bill and I'm seeing savings already. From start to finish, it was an awesome experience. SunLux was very professional and informative. They laid out everything for me. Everything that I heard on the radio was spot-on.Johnny 4/01/2021
- Sunlux was the most thorough. They were not the most affordable, but their honesty combined with their pricing was the best. The person that did our intake and walked us through the interview was the most honest. He is a salesperson, but he didn't act like one. The installation is supposed to happen in October, but we had a little hiccup with our project so we are probably going to push it out a little bit further. They work with what we thought was a lender, but they're a broker for the loan. The lender that they work with is no longer offering that loan. We're back at the application process.Karina 9/04/2022
- Made solar easy! the entire process has been little to know effort on my part. From quotation to install everything was easy. No hard pressure sales tactics! honest pricing and a great team from the inside people to the installers! If you are thinking about going solar you just need to call these guys!James B. 3/07/2019
- I recently completed my solar project with SunLux. They did a great job with my installation. They set the proper expectation on start and end times of the install and the communication throughout the project was excellent. Freddy and Liz were always quick to respond to questions and were so helpful all along the way! I did have one issue with the wiring I wanted corrected. The owner of the company contacted me directly and personally ensured that the issue was addressed. For me it is great to see the owner backing up the work first hand ensuring the customer is happy when the work is done. I would highly recommend SunLux. Oh, and their prices were far better than any other I received. Bring them in without hesitation.Dave M. 5/01/2019
- I did research and found that SunLux has good Panasonic panels. I called them up to see what proposal they could provide and liked what I heard. There were delays beyond the control of SunLux but they were responsive. Their staff followed up with emails and had good communication. We did both our panels and our roof through them and financed the roofing part. The manager who handled us, Jennifer, was very good. I also dealt with Mike from SunLux and he was very good as well.Alfonzo 5/17/2020
- I went through several solar companies comparing and contrasting which one would be the best suite for me based on the following; reviews, price, quality and longevity. SunLux was by far the best in their competitive price and being the only solar company to offer Panasonic panels. The process was smooth from the beginning to the end. I was was notified once a week to twice a week receiving up to date status regarding the installation, inspection and going live. Thank you, SunLux!Ernie A. 8/15/2018
- The salesperson was really good. He was very instrumental with my choosing SunLux. I had some concerns but he was able to answer it. At the same time, I felt sincerity and authenticity from him. SunLux did their best to try to be the hub for everything but there are a lot of moving parts. There's SunLux and there's the financing. Then I'm in a unique situation where I also have an HOA. For my HOA, I had to fill out forms and it would have been great if SunLux did that for me. The city approved the project and SunLux took care of that part, which is great. Once HOA approves the project, we're going to schedule the installation.Michael 11/30/2021
- Things have generally gone okay with Sunlux and the only thing that is disappointing is my project manager is out in Texas and I live in a three-story house and they keep saying that there are things that are preventing the project from going to the next level. So, I'm trying to see if they can complete the project work-up so then it can go to my HOA. It's stalled out a little bit. So, I'm waiting for Sunlux to take the next step. Everyone on the team seems to be receptive and seems to be trying to do their best to provide appropriate services. But every month that goes by that I don't have solar panels on the roof, I'm losing money because that's money that I'm paying into a power bill that I wouldn't necessarily have to pay. So, Sunlux is in a tough spot because the faster they get the solar panels up, the happier the customer is. So, I'm just sitting here watching the clock. We're just starting this process and there's still gonna be many steps left. So, if six months goes by and there are still no solar panels, I'm out a couple of $1,000 in solar savings. Six months from now, if we get to a place where things are not moving forward appropriately, I'm gonna be upset. But right now, things are good. We're only a month In so there's plenty of time. I'm flexible. Generally speaking, I'm happy.Thomas 2/25/2023
- Sunlux made the solar installation pretty easy and straightforward. The sales person, Jerry, came for a free estimate and quote (very professional and knowledgeable). He answered all our questions and even got us a few deals on the solar package. Installation took a few weeks for approvals from LADWP but installation of solar panels by sunlux was the highest quality and fastest ever (one day install). Throughout the buying process, the project manager, Berlyn was just the best! All the praise to her. She did all the hard work behind the scenes from approvals and scheduling to making sure we were satisfied from start to complete as well as informed us about everything. Thank you Berlyn! All in all- without a question this has been the best investment for our home. Don't hesitate and really, give sunlux a try- you can thank me later. 🙂Emily S. 6/24/2020
- Extremely happy with the entire process! We did a lot of research and received numerous proposals. I am very glad I went with Sunlux! Every single person I came in contact with was courteous, knowledgeable and professional. We also had Sunlux repair our roof prior to installing the solar panels. We knew it needed fixing and they gave us a great price. Other companies had tried to talk us into a whole new roof, which was completely unnecessary! We worked with Chris Adams, he is fantastic. Give him a call if you are considering going solar, you won't regret it! The installation was clean and efficient from start to finish and the crew was very respectful of my home and the fact that I was working out of my house while they were here. Highly recommend Sunlux!Heather C. 8/26/2019
- The entire process from initial contact to the final install and activation of the system was professional and done extremely well. Everyone we dealt with was courteous and helpful. All work was done very well and completed in one day. The panels look great. Super clean appearance with nothing showing on our roof except the panels. I definitely recommend SUNLUX.Arden S. 4/02/2018
- I had an issue with our solar panel not producing any electricity so I called and left message for Garrett from Sunlux. Not only did he call me back the same day, but he basically diagnose the problem over the phone and sent someone from Sunlux to come to my house the next business day to confirm diagnosis that we had a bad inverter. A few hours later that day Garret called not only to schedule an install of the new inverter, but to my surprise he also said that because we were having problems with pigeons living under the solar panels that he would install critter guard to prevent the pigeons from going underneath the panels for no charge.Robert N. 10/28/2019
I would highly recommend Sunlux for their professionalism as well as their great customer service.
- Starting with initial consultation to installation with SunLux was real smooth. There was a little glitch with county inspection, but SunLux technicians took care of the issue. I was well informed about each stage of the process. Whole process took less than 3 months which is shorter than what I expected. Everyone from SunLux that I dealt were as pleasant as they we're professional. I am happy with my decision to go with SunLux.Myung Y. 11/20/2019
- I wanted to be as independent of the electrical grid as I could be. I had done part of the house with solar and I had a Tesla battery. But I realized that I was generating about half the power I needed to offset my power bill. So, I called SunLux and had them come to double what I already had. And that brought me to net zero on my electric bill. In fact, Edison sent me a check last year, so I appreciated that.Aside from that, I had concerns with the company that I had used before with the quality of their workmanship, but SunLux stressed that their workmanship would be excellent, and it was. They said that they would run the cables through the attic and not over the top of the roof, which made it more pleasant to the eye, so I was very happy. They also tied my Tesla battery into the system so that I've got the two solar systems and the Tesla battery all connected together.I started the process with SunLux a year ago and they got the installation done beautifully. But it took a long time to get the permission to operate, so I kept calling them to ask what was holding it up. They said that it was Edison that was holding it up, so it took a couple of months after the installation before I could turn the system on. Other than that, I love the solar system that I've got. Plus I drive a plug-in hybrid car, so my car basically runs on sunlight. I charge it in my garage overnight and I drive it to work, then I can plug it in where I work to drive home. So, if I've decided to work at home, I don't ever have to buy any gasoline.Dave 2/20/2021
- I am so happy with my Sunlux experience! After going through the process I would definitely choose them again without hesitation. I initially reached out to Tesla Solar, which seemed great at first. We had a good initial meeting, the proposal looked good, and the gentleman that did my inspection was so nice. Then everything went sideways. After my inspection, the initial estimate went up $8,500 for additional costs. I called my local utility company to verify what Tesla Solar was telling me was needed. My utility company sent someone to my house to inspect and verified it was not needed. Suddenly, I had a hard time getting ahold of my Project Manager at Tesla and the engineers could not agree on the requirements. Every few weeks they would just send me an email asking if I had signed the documents yet. They didn't want to discuss what the utility company said.Page M. 7/30/2019
That is when I called other companies, including Sunlux. My sales contact, Rob Martinez, worked with me and answered all of my questions. After reviewing the proposals, I researched the equipment on each proposal. The pricing was all competitive, but the equipment Sunlux quoted was far superior and the reviews were great. That is when I signed with Sunlux.
Everyone I talked to, emailed, or that came to our house was friendly, professional, and overly polite. From my Project Manager, Emma Stadler, to the techs sent to our house for installation and inspections, everyone was knowledgeable and amazing. Emma kept me informed every step of the way and I did my part by emailing or calling when I had questions. Every email or call was responded to quickly. If someone did not know the answer to my question, they would have someone call me with the answer right away. Every inspection was passed easily. They submitted everything for me and made the whole process seamless.
My solar system was turned on today and I am excited to see the kW it started producing right away. I will be referring everyone to Sunlux!
- Our sales Rep Mark T******* was really nice and walked us through the entire process during our solar hunt. The rest of the team kept us updated on what was going on behind the scenes. We financed solar, and I was upset that I had to open an account with another bank. Going to have to put the foot work in later to close the act once our loan is paid off. The installation was seamless and the installers were friendly. Sarah C******* took care of everything with our HOA and SDGE. That saved me a lot of headache. Looking forward to saving some money with solar.Nicole M. 6/10/2018
- Sunlux has been very diligent. Everything is transparent. They've tried to accommodate a lot of the questions and concerns that I've had. They don't promise everything, but they provide you with the details. The gentleman who explained the details to me had a very detailed presentation. It took a lot of time but it explained a lot of things. I'm still in the middle of trying to finalize how we're gonna be approaching the project. We're making sure that the roof is able to handle that added load and that we don't have to remove the panels 5, 10 years from now to fix leaks.James 5/26/2022
- I've had a very positive experience with Sunlux. I feel they are an ethical company that stands by their word. There were some problems with employee turnover over the course of installing my system, so it ended up taking longer than it should have to get solar activated. I worked with Adam and Jessica to get compensated for my lost production. They were good to keep their word and worked hard to make things right. Now my Sunlux system is activated and my first bill was completely zeroed out. I was SO happy! Sunlux assessed my need and my difficult issue with a big tree that shades much of my house correctly. I'm very happy overall.Aimee C. 4/20/2020
- I'm updating my review after Garrett took the time to coordinate to have a couple of fixes related to the gutter that was poorly done (piping was reversed and was leaking). There was ownership over some snafus that happened throughout this process, which ultimately what is causing me to change my review to 5 stars - their customer service clearly shines through and they will want to fix things.James H. 9/24/2019
I would ultimately say: if you're going with Solar, use Sunlux. If you're going with roofing, I wouldn't recommend Sunlux until they figure out their craft here. In either case scenario, their customer service will take their diligence to try to remediate things as much as possible, which is more than can be said about most service companies.
- I was looking into a few different companies and went with SunLux. Not only was the price right, but the experience and knowledge that SunLux has been around a lot longer than the rest of these companies weighed big on who we were going to choose. The process so far has been pretty smooth. They've been very communicative.Josh 10/31/2021
- After waiting years for solar panels to become more efficient and affordable, i finally settled on Sunlux to set up solar for our newly renovated home after reading reviews and speaking with friends. I must say this decision for solar has been the best investment in my home i have ever made. Sunlux reps took us through the whole process from estimating our generating needs (we have 2 ev cars, 2 A/C units and outdoor entertainment) to mapping out our panels to give us maximum sun exposure, to setting up and registering our panels with the electric company. Garrett, the customer service manager, responded to our questions and calls promptly and kept us informed during the whole process. He introduced us to the app that can monitor our daily, monthly and cumulative generating at the touch of our iPhones 24/7. We are now generating more electricity than we use and this will allow us expand our electricity needs in the future. The monthly cost of our solar loan is significantly less than our previous electrical bill and in several years we will be saving hundreds of dollars monthly. We are very pleased with our purchase and with Sunlux.Martin . 11/01/2019
- Our experience with Sunlux was great from the time we signed the contract with the sales rep. thru the completion of the installation. A couple of weeks delayed with the install due to the rain, but that was out of anyone's control. Aside from that, everything went fairly smooth. Customer service was courteous and responsive. We'd definitely recommend Sunlux!Serei C. 4/01/2019
- Our experience with Sunlux was great. Our initial consult with Tracy was scheduled promptly and I was seriously impressed with his level of knowledge and ability to answer all of my questions. The system was designed and sized exactly as I wanted and meets the needs of our current and expanding family. The install team was professional and courteous. I did have to monitor them a bit more than I had wanted to insure everything was done to my exacting standards but in the end it turned out great. It has been a month and the production is right on track. I am already saving money! It was a great experience from start to finish.Christoph P. 7/07/2019
- I picked Sunlux for solar to install on my elderly parents house. This was after 5 other quotes. Price was the best. From signing contract to power up was better than imagined. Even with weather delays (wet in socal this year) they got past the delays. Customer service is fantastic. They know how to design a system. I recommend them highly.Ronald J. 6/12/2019
- SunLux had a strong proposal and I liked their warranties. They're not cheap but they were the best. When doing solar, buy the decent quality. Don't go for cheap crap because it won’t pay off in the long term. Our experience with SunLux has been fairly okay. But we might not be able to go forward with the job at the moment. My roof isn't correct because I don't have the right type of shingles. I need to change that and it would cost me 11 grand, which I'm not prepared to pay for.Alastair 11/01/2021
- The rep answered all my questions and was patient. It took us weeks back and forth because I wasn't tenacious on signing a contract. I reviewed the proposals, asked more questions and he supported the whole process. We're at the early stage of the project, getting approvals, and I'm comfortable with the decision I made. I evaluated two other companies and felt SunLux was the right choice for us. I would tell friends that it's definitely one of the companies they should evaluate before making a decision.Tim 1/01/2022
- Our servers were shutting down all the time, and so we were losing a lot of data every time they shut down. One of the solutions was to get solar and we were already looking into solar, so it kind of worked out. SunLux was a recommendation. Their representatives were very responsive. Installation took less than a week, but it was pretty smooth. The cost of the service is fairly competitive. Go for SunLux.Takashi 6/30/2021
- Sunlux won the bid. Received quotations and inspections from three of the biggest solar companies.James A. 8/22/2018
Although the prices were similar, Sunlux was able to acquire a unique loan at an amazing interest rate. Also, they did not try to oversell the number of panels.
Installation was fast (4 hours), clean, and almost invisible. Looks great with no system problems in 3 months.
- I kept on going back and forth and wavering if it was something I wanted to spend that much money on, if I wanted to come out of pocket and pay for it or if I just wanted to finance it. Finally, I thought of financing it, and once I made my decision, everything after that went fast. The people did a good job with the installation. One of the screens was broken so they had to replace that. There was one decision they had where they thought they could move a couple panels, wasn't in the right place, so they called and got the approval through their people and then me about it. I told them if they figure it will be better in this location then that's fine so they moved everything and set it up really quickly.From the beginning, know how many panels you really need. I expressed that to the guy I was working with. When I looked at everything, it seemed like the amount of panels I got is what I really need, so he developed the system perfectly, above and beyond what I thought. When I look at the charts, I'm producing 33% more than the average people. Once summer hits, I’ll produce a lot more.Timothy 5/14/2021
- We just signed up with the project and it has yet to commence. But everybody has been cooperative and has been giving me information because everything is new for me. I'm not that knowledgeable in solar or roofing or contracting so they are helping me throughout. Bonnie is our project manager and Gary, who was my initial contact, is the salesperson and engineer. He has been giving me guidance. So, it’s been good. I will recommend others to at least explore the possibility of going with Sunlux and they can make their own calculated decision and look at all the options. And so far, my experience has been wonderful, so I have nothing but praise for Sunlux.Kishor 4/21/2022
- SunLux is great. They called us to let us know there was an issue that needed fixing. Talk about being proactive!!!!! They came out and fixed the problem as it was an easy fix. But they went above and beyond and did some extra work to make sure that it wouldn't happen again. I am very please with them.Bob 2/26/2019
- First, let me say that my experience with Sunlux was a good one. The agent that first met with me was very pleasant and knowledgeable and put a great system together for what my solar power system. The technicians that came to install the system were also very professional and courteous. After that, there is some patience that you will have to have with getting the system up and running. From Sunlux dealing with the Gas Company, DWP, and the city inspectors, it can get to be time consuming, but they keep you abreast to what’s going on. Garrett in the main office was very helpful all the way through the process. Overall I’m very happy with my choice of Sunlux and I’m looking forward to saving money on my power bills by generating solar energy.TC C. 5/22/2019
- The customer service with SunLux Energy is outstanding. They're constantly on top of everything. They kept me apprised of every step that was being taken. My project manager, Berlin, was fantastic. What's shocking was that they buy the panels from a distributor and they don't tell you what it is. Once we were into the project, I got a certified letter stating that if SunLux doesn't pay their bill, I'm getting a $14,000 lien put on my house. It never happened because they did pay it but I was very aggressive at first with these people thinking I didn't do business with them. I didn't sign any contracts with them. After doing a lot of internet research and so forth, I learned that this does happen if companies go belly up. Even though I didn't make any business with the provider of the solar panels, they have a right to put a lien on the property for their merchandise. SunLux provided me the document saying that it was paid in full then they forwarded it directly to the company and I didn't have to do anything further. But it is kind of scary when you're in a contract with a company like this and you get this in the mail, and they don't tell you that this is gonna happen.The guys that came over were very professional but it took about two months until I went to full production because half my panels were wired incorrectly. They came out once and tried but couldn't figure it out. We had to set another appointment for about three weeks out. Then they sent a crew of two guys. They spent all day and finally found the problem. There was reverse polarity on one of the panels. Having SunLux, I'm saving a lot of money. My payments for the solar panels might pay the rest of my life for these things but for me, my payments are $170 a month. My average electric and water bill every two months was between 1,100 and 1,600 for a family of three and a swimming pool. The electric portion of it was between 600 and 800. I got air conditioning last year and my bill probably would have been about 1,700 just for electric. Now that we have the solar panels, the most I've paid for electric so far has been $65. It's definitely paying off for me.Al 2/12/2021
- I was trying to get our energy costs lower because of early retirement. We had a gentleman from SunLux Energy come out and he did an excellent job. We liked his sales presentation so we decided to go with it. Every interaction that I had with every person that worked for the company from the salesperson all the way through the people that came out and did the inspection of our roof had to coordinate with my roofer to get the system in place and that went well. They were all professional. But I wished the process of getting the system in would've been a little bit faster from start to finish. Permits had to happen and there were a lot of different players came in. There was a lot of cooperation and everybody was professional. They didn’t leave my yard with a lot of rubbish or anything like that. So, I was quite satisfied with the way everybody conducted themselves.We put some money down and then we did the financing. There seemed to be enough options to accommodate us for what we needed. So, everything went well. For the first couple of months, everything seems to be really well. The system is producing enough energy and it’s accomplishing everything that has been promised to us. SunLux did a good install job. The system looks beautiful and it works. Overall, I’m very happy with the experience and I have referred a couple of people to SunLux.Rex 7/01/2020
- So impressed!Laura G. 9/09/2018
We had been interested in going solar for a number of years and began researching solar panels and installation providers. I contacted several solar companies, including Sunlux, for information and estimates on our household solar needs.
When the Sunlux representative began going through the solar plan for our home we knew we'd finally found the right company. The representative was well prepared and had tailored 'the numbers' of our solar usage to our house and our actual energy needs. We didn't have to guess or try to estimate how many panels or the output or the impact on our long term energy budget. Everything was laid out - easy to understand and clearly presented. And the cost was competitive- less than other companies we had contacted. It was an easy decision to move forward!
And then, Sunlux handled EVERYTHING! They scheduled to evaluate our roofline, and worked with us on an aesthetically appealing panel configuration. They also applied for our solar rebate from the local energy company on our behalf. The installation crew was thorough and efficient and had our 24 panel system installed in a day and a half!
Sunlux then scheduled the city inspection and power company meter installation to finalize the project - we didn't have to a thing! And they kept us notified of each next step along the way.
The panels look amazing and operate wonderfully! Sunlux even sent us a link at the end of the installation to download an app to monitor the output of the panels in real time. We are very grateful that we found such a professional and organized company. We highly recommend this company to anyone who is considering solar! Sunlux made it extremely easy and we can't imagine the process would've been this smooth with any other company. Five stars!
- I highly recommend Sunlux! They are honest, responsive, and very customer focused. Couldn't ask for a better company to work with. If you appreciate a company who honors their commitments without any hassle this is the company to hire. No third party installers. Employees are knowledgeable, polite, and will exceed your expectations. You can count on Sunlux to make things rightMiguel C. 6/09/2022
- Sunlux said that they could finish before the tiers changed, which they are doing. Also, they showed me how the tiers would be paid out and how the electricity bill would work. They sent a brochure and said, “This is what your average bill is gonna look like in the future,” which is good. It‘s month by month. Wintertime, you would get less electricity than in the summer. But it all depends on how much you use during the day, winter or summer, and on how it would pay out. They've been on top of things.David 2/15/2023
- They get 5 stars and I did not buy solar from them... here's why. We have been getting solar quotes for the last month, from both local and national companies, ranging from 40k - 80k. My husband and I were feeling done, disappointed, and confused. He wanted me to get one more quote from Sunlux. Thank God we did. They were great about confirming the appointment, getting the information they needed for a quote and the like. Today, before the appointment, I received another call from them, Sierra wanted to confirm and had some additional questions. A few minutes after hanging up, Fernando, the sales rep. called. He asked me why we wanted solar. Then he took the time to explain my SCE bill, and the fact that since we are in a "grandfathered" plan, we are already paying less than we would be able to recoup from solar, probably in our lifetime, that no matter how much he would love to sell a system, he couldn't recommend in good conscience that we go solar at this point. He was professional and kind, very informative, and transparent. After speaking with him, I understood why my "gut" had been telling me these quotes were all wrong. I came home and looked at the 7 other quotes we had received, and none of them took into account the actual amount we are charged, even though they had the same information from our bill that Fernando had, they all used recently published SCE rates. It is frightening how close we came to making a financially catastrophic mistake, and I am so grateful for Fernando's professionalism and honesty. He knows what he is talking about. It turns out that solar is not the right choice for our family right now, but if it is the right one for you please give him the opportunity to give you a bid. If our circumstances change, he is going to be my first call. Sunlux, you have a rare and valuable associate in Fernando. We wish your company every success, if your other employees are as informed and honest as he is, I am certain it won't come at the expense of your clients.Lisa M. 7/09/2019
- All the representatives were courteous and professional. They did a real good job. They were quick and efficient in installing the solar panels and equipment inside. My neighbors all said they did it pretty fast. Going solar helped me out tremendously so far because I put a pool in my backyard and it made a difference.E. 2/26/2021
- 4/18/2020 Solar for my house. When purchasing Solar I interviewed about 8 solar companies and I hired Sunlux because of there consistent quality of work. These guys would call the night before coming out and tell me that they we're coming out in the morning to start the work of installing solar on my house. They showed up right on time, work hard until dusk, never took short cuts and always keep me informed of what they were doing on any given day. When the city inspector came out I met with him as well and he confirmed what I already new. He said, I see a bunch of Solar companies today installing solar on peoples houses, but these guys do it right every single time and they never take shortcuts. Sunlux is the best and they back up their work with a 30 year warranty bumber to bumber, if anything goes wrong. I will refer them business all day long, Jonjon w. 4/18/2020
- Sunlux has been great to work with on my solar install. I found them to be very competitive and did a great job. The panels have been installed for about a year with flawless performance. I am currently having issues with pigeons hanging out under the panels and reached out to Sunlux. There was a quick response to assist me in arranging to have a critter guard installed. I give them my highest recommendation and thanks!Nicholas H. 4/02/2019
- Everybody at SunLux was amazing. They would call me whenever there was a delay of any sort and they would let me know the process we were in every step of the way. I've recommended SunLux to some of my friends. There are very terrible experiences with other solar companies that I've heard but you don't have to worry about SunLux.Ivy 9/16/2021
- Juan and his crew were terrific. They showed up early. He and the crew were courteous, efficient, and professional! They worked cleanly. They swept the area before they left. I didn't have to worry about anything. Sunlux has been on top of every step of this project! No problems with the entire process!Jerry M. 12/18/2019
- We took over 6 months deciding whether to go with solar and who to go with. We ended up with SunLux because of their warranties, everything is done inhouse and price. They were very patient with us while we made our decision. The installation went very smoothly. We are enjoying seeing a credit to our Edison bill.Sasha T. 6/27/2019
- The way SunLux quoted and their pricing structure were very clear and upfront. I like the fact that they presented a consumer guide that they have to give you. It gives you all the rules and regulations and all the breakdown for getting solar. The other guys will give it to me eventually, but they didn't give it to me upfront. The SunLux reps were good and professional. We're all signed up. Right now, we're at the permitting process. Overall, everything SunLux has done has been good.Tate 12/28/2021
- Excellent service provided by each team member. I was kept informed during each stage of the process and the Sunlux representatives took time to educate me about process, product, timelines, progress, services and costs. As a former educator, Sunlux receives an A+ for all aspects detailed above.Lee S. 12/29/2019
- I have their system for a year and it is really paying off. Two self caused service calls were the greatest experiences ever. Fast to call back, great comfort on the phone and rapid to arrive . They knew what to do and even though I caused the short they remedied the problem and saved my day with nothing but smilesGary P. 4/12/2019
- So far, it’s been great. I've given all the information and they came and did the inspection. Everyone I've talked to from SunLux has been phenomenally happy and helpful. That was another reason why I went with them. The other reason I chose them was I had three other quotes and they were the lowest. They’re also local in Southern California. I've heard them on the local radio and every time I heard them speak or talk to them, it’s always been pleasant.Jason 10/17/2021
- For quite some time I didn't believe all the hype of the solar industry and its claim that it could save you money. I simply kept paying the increasing monthly electric bill hoping that the next months bill would decrease. In the summer months of 2017 I saw my electric bill rise to about $550 a month and decided to do something about these outrageous prices. I spoke with a friend at work who had a solar panel system installed in 2016, and was shocked when he showed me a monthly Edison bill totaling 35 cents. I immediately contacted (3) solar panel companies and set up appointments. Mind you, I selected brand name solar companies believing I would only get the best product available. Well, needless to say, I elected to go with SunLux. Mark Trujillo, the SunLux Energy Consultant, was extremely knowledgeable of his product and was able to answer all of our questions. Mark was polite and accommodating throughout the entire process. In fact , Mark was head and shoulders above the other companies consultants in regards to product knowledge. Ultimately, SunLux's solar panels were superior,the SunLux warranty was longer, and the price was lower. The entire staff that I encountered at SunLux was extremely professional and attentive throughout! . If your thinking of solar panels, I would only recommend SunLux.Michael H. 7/02/2018
- Highly Recommended. I'm glad I didn't give up on my solar project because I almost did. Back in 2019, I was ready to move ahead with the project and went to energysage.com get quotes. I've had over 10 quotes and I actually even signed up with another installer at the time (not SunLux) and started the project. Then shortly after the project started I was told they discovered my roof had issues so the project was cancelled. I cancelled in part 1) the installer didn't do roofing and I didn't want to deal with multiple contractors and 2) the unexpected cost in the project. And apparently, the installer wasn't too excited about either, it seem. I guess most installers out there just want the easy installs but that's not the real world out there. I all but had given up. Then 6 months later I decided I give it another try and recalled Sunlux had given me a quote prior but never follow on it. Explained my situation to Tracy, my Sunlux consultant and he said my roof is certainly not an issue. He was very responsive to my needs, customized a system that I want and even had a great suggestion on the panel placement. How it looks is as important as the power. So with contract signed, this is typically where most solar project fall apart (right?) and this is what I heard from my neighbors with their solar project from a different installer. Nope, not with Sunlux. The project moved quickly and it stayed that way. I got coordinated with the project manager Jennifer and she made sure all my concerns were addressed. Even with Covid, the project took no more than 3 months and the bulk of the wait is with permitting. Very happy with the overall install experience, pricing, and service. If you have a roof issue like mine I high recommend you give Sunlux a try. Highly recommended!Simon L. 6/24/2020
- Was very pleased that the owner reached out to help find a reasonable solution for both parties. Once the issue was explained, he made sure that the customer walked away happy and I think everyone wins with that in mind.Went with Sunlux to get a solar system to hook up an electric jacuzzi (that was a mistake right away, should not use electric to heat jacuzzi, not worth it at all, even with solar). I told the salesmen this was the purpose of installing solar, and he said great and led me down the path to obtain solar with Sunlux. My bill went through the roof once I started running my jacuzzi and after multiple attempts, no one at Sunlux is willing to help in anyway... they are literally in it just for the sale, don't waste your time and go with literally any other solar company!!! Also, if you are military, they don't offer any discounts, just FYI...Torry 5/11/2021
- Going with Sunlux, I felt like there was less dealing with middlemen and I felt more comfortable. Everything was great during the signup and Edison came out and did their thing, which was all good. The only thing is I'm old school so I don't always like email stuff but everybody goes through email. I would rather they call me. But for the most part, I'm fine with it.Keone 11/05/2022
- Great experience. The solar consultant I spoke with, Fernando Cano, was extremely knowledgeable. Fernando helped lay out a couple of possible custom tailored solar plans for my home which included details about overall cost, expected kilowatt hours accumulated by the panels, my own power needs, etc. It was informative and all of my questions/concerns were answered. I can't say that about the other companies I spoke with.Travis A. 9/16/2021
If you're going to go solar go with Sunlux.
- SunLux is growing into Northern California. I was a bit skeptical about doing business with a company still based in Southern California, but they sent a crew up to do a site inspection and a crew to do the installation. When the installation was inspected, the city inspector complimented then on the job they did Frank, the crew lead was great at keeping us informed throughout the installation process and his team, Art and Eder were neat. Lorena, the project manager was very good about communicating about the design process, permitting, and everything happening behind the scenes.Lar B. 9/05/2018
I can recommend them without reservation.
- SunLux seemed the best fit for us. They were really kind when I called them. The rep explained everything in detail without being patronizing. He was really helpful with setting it all up. Then the person I worked with the most was Berlin and she was amazing. She would email and call and was on top of everything. They were great. I appreciate them.Keegan 2/23/2021
- My wife and I did a lot of research on the very many solar companies servicing our area. We decided on Sunlux. We met with Mike Valencia and went over the numbers. Not only was Sunlux the lowest pricing while offering the most servicing, but Mike's integrity was refreshing. Other companies that submitted a bid included an additional ten panels at significant extra cost. When I asked Mike why his bid reflected less panels, he explained that in the late afternoon our neighbor's palm tree cast enough shade that the additional cost would not be worthwhile.Michael T. 1/15/2020
The installation crew finished up in one day, taking their mess with them. I have had minimal problems that have been addressed right away.
We are very happy with Sunlux and highly recommend them to those interested in upgrading their home with solar