solar panel installation
we make it easy to go solar
We deliver the tools, support and advice you need to make going solar simple. We handle everything from paperwork to maintenance, so all you have to worry about is what to do with the savings.
Solar panel installation process
Check out our time-lapse video to see just how our team works for you!
One of our project managers will contact you to schedule a thorough site evaluation.
During this visit, our technicians will collect detailed information, including roof measurements and a shading study, to give to our design team.
Typically completed within 7 business days of contract signing.
design & engineering
We handle the paperwork for you.
Once the design is finalized, our permit technician will put together a detailed permit package and submit it to the city for approval. The timeline for obtaining a permit varies by jurisdiction.
Typical timing within 1 to 4 weeks.
Our project manager will contact you to schedule installation as soon as the permit is obtained.
The solar panel installation will be performed by our highly trained, safety-certified crews, and the onsite project foreman will be there to answer any questions you may have.
Typically completed within 1 to 2 days, depending on the type of system.
inspection & pto
We’ll schedule an appointment with the city inspector to oversee the installation and ensure everything is to code.
Then once the city inspector signs off, we will submit the final package to your utility provider for a PTO (Permission to Operate), so we can turn on your Sunlux solar system and you can start saving money.
What Sunlux solar customers say
Don't take our word for it. Read what our valued customers think about us.
- I highly recommend Sunlux! They are honest, responsive, and very customer focused. Couldn't ask for a better company to work with. If you appreciate a company who honors their commitments without any hassle this is the company to hire. No third party installers. Employees are knowledgeable, polite, and will exceed your expectations. You can count on Sunlux to make things rightMiguel C. 6/09/2022
- Made solar easy! the entire process has been little to know effort on my part. From quotation to install everything was easy. No hard pressure sales tactics! honest pricing and a great team from the inside people to the installers! If you are thinking about going solar you just need to call these guys!James B. 3/07/2019
- Sunlux was amazing from start to end. Very helpful with our needs and wants. They did not push us into anything. Alex, our project manager, was great with communication and very professional. Sunlux helped us with a new roof installation. The company they secured for us was very professional and cleaned up after themselves very well. The solar installers and electrician were great!!! They let me know what they were doing throughout the process. I am an above satisfied customer. Thank you Sunlux!Matthew 2/22/2022
- Going with Sunlux, I felt like there was less dealing with middlemen and I felt more comfortable. Everything was great during the signup and Edison came out and did their thing, which was all good. The only thing is I'm old school so I don't always like email stuff but everybody goes through email. I would rather they call me. But for the most part, I'm fine with it.Keone 11/05/2022
- I've been thinking of installing solar for quite sometime on our home and after numerous companies giving me quotes, I decided to go with Tesla. I thought that Tesla was the elite of solar based on their ads and promotions. After going through all but installing the solar panels, Tesla informed me that our roof needed work and that it would cost $9000 to repair the roof so that they can install solar panels. I was disappointed until I heard of Sun Lux over the radio being a roofer also. This was to test if I really needed a new roof. Sun Lux gave me a higher production of energy than Tesla and said I didn't need a new roof! They had several options on financing and leasing that made sense. I pulled the trigger and had them install solar. They assign you a Project coordinator that communicates with you throughout the process and Emma (my project coordinator) gave me the white glove treatment. She was always available. She took care of everything. What more can I ask for? I highly recommend Sun Lux even though I own a Tesla.Allan L. 2/26/2019
- The project manager, Bonnie **, worked conscientiously to make the project easy for me. She prepared all the documents for my HOA to review on my behalf, and because she knew what she was doing, my application was approved with no hesitancy on the HOA's part. She answered every question I asked and did so usually on the same day I would email. After the project was completed, she still connected with me to make sure I was still happy and being well served by the new equipment.Dennis 7/11/2021
- We talked with a couple of companies. There was a company where we started to move towards the design phase but the design really did not accommodate our home. We have a Spanish-style home and part of it has a flat roof. Another part is tiled out roofing with classic clay tiles. We wanted to make sure that the investment was going to yield the savings we were seeking. If they were putting in solar and there was not enough solar panels to offset the cost of paying the utility company, it didn't make any sense. They didn't seem to have an alternative. Also, there wasn't any consistency in contact with the customer service so we decided to hold off on that.We called a local radio host. He's a designer and does construction of homes in California. He has lots of great tips. I said, "Surely, there has to be these panels that have evolved to be smaller, but more powerful." Technology is evolving at least every three years, if not yearly. He recommended SunLux and they're an advertiser. I liked his advice and gave SunLux a call. The engineer or the tech expert walked us through the different products and what decisions we needed to make. We are under the pandemic and it was very easy to show some of the options for us. They had a picture of our house so we could see where the panels might go on our roofing.From there, they had a financing option that worked really well for us. Every step of the way, the management of the project was well done. There was someone we could contact to help us to be ready for each stage. Everyone was courteous and very professional. That coordinator, Erica, made such a difference in keeping us apprised of what was going on. There was the ease of the financing. They gave us some options of a Tesla battery at the time. There was also LG and the products they offered were state of the art, which was what we were looking for. We had to make some modifications to the solar panels but SunLux was able to put all the solar panels on our roofing. The modification required them to have some of the panels that would come right at the edge of the roof. We were concerned about that because the way they put those panels in, you walk to our house and you cannot see those panels. I see some people around my neighborhood who have gotten solar panels and when you walk to their house, there are these hideous panels that are right at the front door. It disrupts the aesthetic of the home. SunLux was able to make the adjustment and they did not have to do a hanging. They were able to work with the roof and reconfigure things. It's lovely. We retained the style of our Spanish home. The architectural integrity was important to us. And in handling all the permits, we really put ourselves in SunLux's hands and they competently accomplished each step. We are very happy with SunLux and really glad to recommend them. They're topflight and they live up to their reputation.When making a purchase of solar panels, you want to have the right company to know what you want and know how the company manages the process. Their communications and their customer support are absolutely key to guide you through the process. There's a permitting process but how does the company handle it? How professional and courteous are they in communications with you frequently so you know every step of the way? This is the process that SunLux used and gave us confidence.Peggy 3/23/2021
- It was a pleasure working with Sunlux. From my initial appointment with sales rep Kyle to project manager Liz. Also I want to thank Guillermo and Garrett for explaining how my system works. Everything went smooth with Javier and installation. I was just granted PTO last month so I haven’t received a bill with my solar yet.Ronald G. 11/08/2019
- I've had a very positive experience with Sunlux. I feel they are an ethical company that stands by their word. There were some problems with employee turnover over the course of installing my system, so it ended up taking longer than it should have to get solar activated. I worked with Adam and Jessica to get compensated for my lost production. They were good to keep their word and worked hard to make things right. Now my Sunlux system is activated and my first bill was completely zeroed out. I was SO happy! Sunlux assessed my need and my difficult issue with a big tree that shades much of my house correctly. I'm very happy overall.Aimee C. 4/20/2020
- SunLux is growing into Northern California. I was a bit skeptical about doing business with a company still based in Southern California, but they sent a crew up to do a site inspection and a crew to do the installation. When the installation was inspected, the city inspector complimented then on the job they did Frank, the crew lead was great at keeping us informed throughout the installation process and his team, Art and Eder were neat. Lorena, the project manager was very good about communicating about the design process, permitting, and everything happening behind the scenes.Lar B. 9/05/2018
I can recommend them without reservation.
- We looked at multiple companies for solar over a year. Sunlux was professional from the first point of contact. Between their customer service, installers and employees everyone was helpful and respectful. Getting solar was the best decision we made and I would highly recommend Sunlux.Kim H. 2/26/2020
- I highly recommend Sunlux Solar. I contracted with Sunlux for 34 panels and a new roof a little over 3 months ago. I am extremely pleased with both my solar panel installation and my new roof. My salesperson (Chris) was very honest, informative and professional. There was no sales pressure at all. He explained the entire project in detail and satisfactorily answered all my questions. He was extremely patient with me when I called him numerous times with questions I had pertaining to my internet solar research I conducted as I was educating myself on solar. I got several quotes prior to choosing Sunlux. Although Sunlux was a little more expensive than others (not much), I chose Sunlux because of the professionalism Chris displayed and because they are a large professional company who is dedicated to customer service. I believe in "you get what you pay for" and I am extremely pleased with Sunlux, as I got much more than I paid for. I am very happy I chose them for my project. My project manager (Berlyn) was outstanding. She was constantly communicating with me by either phone, email or text. She kept me apprised of every step of the project and was always responsive to me whenever I called her. She always got back to me immediately. She was professional, polite, informative and defiantly dedicated to customer service. She always made sure I knew what was happening, kept me in the loop, and that I was pleased. It was a pleasure working with Berlyn. The project took a little over 3 months to complete, but that was due to permitting issues and not the fault of Sunlux. None the less, Berlyn was in constant contact with the building authorities and moved things right along. The installers were very professional, polite and defiantly demonstrated pride in their work. The installation was clean, seamless and it looks fantastic. All the electrical is hidden in my attic and out of sight (except for my inverter). My roofer was Troy Roofing who was subcontracted through Sulux. Although I am not a fan of subcontractors, Sunlux changed my opinion about subcontractors. They were in contact with the roofer the entire time and I never had to deal with the roofer directly. Troy Roofing did an exceptional job on my roof. The guys worked 3 hard long days in 100 degree weather. They demonstrated pride in their work and they did an excellent job. I highly recommend Troy Roofing. In summary, I am extremely pleased with Sunlux Solar and the outstanding job they did. They totally exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend them for your solar project. You will not regret it. I commend their staff Chris (my salesperson) for his professionalism and honestly. There were no surprises. Moreover, I commend Berlyn (my project manager) for commitment to customer service, her professionalism and her organizational skills. She was on top of my project every step of the way and she was a pleasure to work with. AlAl L. 8/19/2020
- I have just received my *PERMISSION TO OPERATE* from Southern California Edison confirming that my Self-Generation Facility is Interconnected to SCEs Electric Grid, ie my solar system can now export energy to the SCE grid and I get credit for it. This project started about 4 months ago when I finally settled on choosing SunLux Energy to install a Solar Energy System. Having talked to and discarded several companies before, I was impressed by what SunLux had to offer: a top quality system, very flexible configurations, multiple options, battery backup, and a great warranty covering roof leaks as well as their equipment. The SunLux Sales Representative, Ben Carton, was as pleasant as he was professional. Working from a few typical SCE monthly statements he came up with a configuration that would produce my average electric consumption plus a safety margin, along with a battery backup component to keep our choice of devices powered on in case of a power outage. The equipment itself is made by SolarEdge, an excellent solar energy products manufacturer, and by LG. The decision was easy, the mantle was passed to the Project Manager, Raul Rodriguez, who promptly set up an installation schedule which the installation crew stuck to. This crew was very professional and very diligent. 27 panels were installed in one day even though my roof is of an unconventional metal type. (Since the installation was completed we had a strong wind event and a couple of very stormy days with an unusual amount of rain, but no leaks and not a single panel budged.) At the completion of the installation, the mantle was passed to the SunLux Customer Service Manager, Garrett Kramer, who managed the setup, testing, monitoring and transfer of the system to me. To me, the quality of a system has as much to do with the quality of support as with the system itself. Working with Garrett was, and continues to be, a real pleasure. He is always available, he is patient, he responds to issues very promptly, often before I am even aware that there is an issue. He also guided the application to get the system interconnected to the SCE grid, which was finally approved last week. I am very happy with my SunLux system and would strongly recommend SunLux to anybody in the market for a top-notch solar energy system.Waguih B. 6/28/2019
- I got three quotes on solar and they were all over the place. They were all like $10,000 difference, $15,000 difference. I decided I didn't know enough to actually get solar yet because I didn't know what it should cost. I found a website and I was able to compare four different companies in terms of what inverter they use and what price per kilowatt. This website made it so easy to compare the four companies across the board and it made sure I was comparing apples to apples. SunLux had the best reviews and one of the better prices. Customer service was amazing and they exceeded my expectations on everything. We love our solar and I would love to share with people my experience with SunLux. They were beyond amazing. I had an inspection and I was out of town. I was trying to make it home so I could meet the inspector. SunLux had sent somebody out and he pretty much waited there for the inspector. I didn't have to deal with the inspector at all and made it so easy for me.Loni 7/07/2020
- Highly recommended, especially if you think you got roofing issues.Simon L. 6/23/2020
I'm glad I didn't give up on my solar project because I almost did. Back in 2019, I was ready to move ahead with the project and went to energysage.com get quotes. I've had over 10 quotes and I actually even signed up with another installer at the time (not SunLux) and started the project. Then shortly after the project started I was told they discovered my roof had issues so the project was cancelled. I cancelled in part 1) the installer didn't do roofing and I didn't want to deal with multiple contractors and 2) the unexpected cost in the project.
And apparently, the installer wasn't too excited about either, it seem. I guess most installers out there just want the easy installs but that's not the real world out there.
I all but had given up. Then 6 months later I decided I give it another try and recalled Sunlux had given me a quote prior but never followed up on it. Explained my situation to Tracy, my Sunlux consultant and he said my roof issue can be handled by Sunlux. He was very responsive to my needs, customized a system that I want and even had a great suggestion on the panel placement. How it looks is as important as the power for me. All that within my budget.
So with contract signed, this is typically where most solar project fall apart (right?) and this is what I heard from my neighbors with their solar project from a different installer.
Nope, not with Sunlux. The project moved quickly and it stayed that way. I got coordinated with the project manager Jennifer and she made sure all my concerns were addressed. Even with Covid, the project took no more than 3 months and the bulk of the wait is with permitting. It only took 2 days for roofing and other 2 days for the panel install.
Very happy with the overall install experience, pricing, and service. On top of it, I had only had to deal with one contractor for both solar and roofing. Highly recommended!
- After being harassed by a couple other companies (not naming names), we did some more research and SunLux was a breath of fresh air. Everyone from the sales rep to the project manager to the installers have been so professional, communicative and a pleasure to work with. The installation was completed way sooner than I imagined, like a crew of beyond efficient (and clean) ninjas. Our only issue, which is so minor and not on SunLux at all, was a missing in action inspector from the city to give the approval of instal which was quickly resolved by the project manager. Obviously the quality of the physical work is highly commended, but equally as is the quality of customer care. The cost seemed a bit high for me at first, but you get what you pay for. And other unnamed companies were a bit sketchy about the final final cost of everything "because things always come up", but there was full transparency in the agreed upon price and we weren't surprised by anything. Being first time home owners, this project seemed like it was going to be quite the ordeal. But unlike trying to get our Nest system to connect to the internet, this whole process was seamless and (honestly) too easy. Would not hesitate or skip a beat to recommend them to anyone.Rachel T. 1/30/2019
- So far, it’s been great. I've given all the information and they came and did the inspection. Everyone I've talked to from SunLux has been phenomenally happy and helpful. That was another reason why I went with them. The other reason I chose them was I had three other quotes and they were the lowest. They’re also local in Southern California. I've heard them on the local radio and every time I heard them speak or talk to them, it’s always been pleasant.Jason 10/17/2021
- Southern California Edison was getting out of control with their rates and their charges. So, that's too expensive. I was looking through some research. I came down to two companies. SunLux was one of them. Then, when I talked to them, they seemed like a better choice. They had some better warranties. Everything was good with their customer service. I'm very satisfied.Chris 2/08/2021
- SunLux didn’t take that long with the installation. It only took about three days, though it took a little longer to go live. But it seemed like they did as good as they probably could working with Edison. Also, supposedly, I've been producing energy since the middle of May but so far, my Edison bill hasn't reflected it that much. They said it takes up to 90 days sometimes before they start giving your credit back. But it seemed like my consumption went down because I was producing power during the day.John 9/29/2021
- From start to finish Sunlux was on it. The process was so easy! Most of it done by email, phones and computer. Everyone I talked to gave me their cell phone number and their email address where I could reach out if I had any questions. One Sunday night after hours, I received an email I was very concerned about so I called 1 phone number and left a message. I thought no body will call me back and I tried another number and no answer. Then emailed a couple of people. My phone stared ringing off the hook from Sunlux people returning my phone call. They eased my worries about the email I had received. I was impressed with their after hours response. They followed through with everything they said they would do and I appreciate that so much! My neighbor went with another company before we signed with Sunlux and she is still not completed. I highly recommend Sunlux for anyone thinking about going solar.Shelly C. 10/16/2019
- I usually don’t take the time to write reviews. However, this time I decided to do it because it is important for people to know how great Sunlux is. We began our search for solar companies when we bought our house about year and a half ago. We met with many different companies but we noticed that they weren’t truthful and they were only interested in making a sale. We were ready to sign a contract with the only company we believed to be honest, when we were referred to Sunlux. They were absolutely magnificent! They were honest and straightforward from the beginning, went above and beyond our expectations and were prompt and so helpful. They took care of absolutely everything; they even provided same day installation. They were very professional and left the area cleaner than they found it. We have now had the panels for about a month and are beyond pleased with the continued service and professionalism given by the company.Diana O. 5/28/2020
- The rep had everything presented through a PowerPoint thing. He showed me everything on the computer like how I can either through the phone or the computer and track the panels if they are all functioning. I can track how much it’s doing a day. He said, “If you wanted to see individual panels, you can actually click on this and it will show you that everything’s working, or if something's not, what panel isn't.” For every question I had, he was able to walk me through it. It was pretty simple and I could trust him right away. It was a good experience. When I requested a few changes, the rep was able to help me with it right away. The only thing on my end is I haven't made the time to call in and try to get the system set up. While I was going through the process, I talked to my regional manager about SunLux and he ended up getting it too. Even though he started his process two weeks later, he got his a couple of days before I did. It’s no big deal though. He just got lucky in the timing.Carlos 2/17/2021
- We spoke with about 5 different solar companies and we liked Tracy at Sunlux the best! Getting started was super easy, and once the black panels were installed, they looked amazing and blended right into our black roof. Danielle was a fantastic project manager and was super responsive, informative, and had excellent follow-up. The most satisfying part is when you start to see your panels producing the first day!JG88 1/25/2020
- The Sunlux sales team was very thorough in explaining the benefits of solar. They helped along each step of the way. Originally we had another company lined up to do the work but they slowly kept adding additional costs. It was then we decided to give Sunlux a call and they were able to not only match the original price of the other company but actually stayed true to that number throughout all the construction. Whenever questions,concerns or issues arose, Sunlux was quick to remedy the situation and stay on course. They always honored their commitment to making it right. Happy with the integrity of this company.Bella C. 1/14/2020
- Sunlux has been great from the start of my exploration into solar to the install and support after. They were honest and upfront with charges, changes, schedules, etc. I got everything I was looking for in the build and the overall outcome of the install was perfect. After a year production was over what was projected so really great work overall by the Sunlux team.Nick T. 6/03/2020
- I saw a neighborhood family install the solar panel with the SunLux. So, I got the number and I called. I was in touch with Adam, the salesperson, and I was very impressed with his explanation. He was very responsible. And then later on, everything went smoothly, but the pandemic made things go much slower. My project is very simple but it did not pass the local permit department for the first time, then SunLux had to resubmit the plan. I was surprised to find that out. I waited for a long time. That was a little disappointing. The project started in October 1st. Three months should have been enough to finish by the end of 2020, but it did not until February 8. Everything else looked fine. Somebody kept me updated frequently, so I like that part.At first, I was able to get in touch with the project manager directly. But lately, it has been always like nobody doesn’t pick up and then it automatically leaves a message. That is a frustrating experience. I will try to call my project manager again because I know the first payment is due on March 9th, and so far, I’m anxious to know where shall I send my first check to.SunLux told me to use the LG if I'm going to choose a particular panel. I was using that, where each panel has its own inverter. But then the contract has an individual item of inverter. And then later on, they told me there was a modification. There should be no change. But because LG has its own individual inverter, so I thought there should be either price deduction or a better explanation on why the modification was done. They told me they were all using Panasonic. But then after a bit in progress, they told me they were going to offer the LG because they have a contract with them. That's a little hiccup that I would like to have a little clearer explanation. I would still recommend this company happily if somebody wanted to install that in the near future.Jean 2/21/2021
- I went through several solar companies comparing and contrasting which one would be the best suite for me based on the following; reviews, price, quality and longevity. SunLux was by far the best in their competitive price and being the only solar company to offer Panasonic panels. The process was smooth from the beginning to the end. I was was notified once a week to twice a week receiving up to date status regarding the installation, inspection and going live. Thank you, SunLux!Ernie A. 8/15/2018
- The entire Sunlux team has been incredible from start to finish. During the sales presentation, there was no uncomfortable upselling or pressure by Chris. The installation process managed by Jen was seamless, and whenever there was an issue (all issues were minor) she took considerable effort to ensure our care and solve the problem. The roof and the panels look fabulous and they are producing as expected - we couldn’t be happier!! We received 3 other quotes for the project and Sunlux beat the competition in every category, which actually made me a bit nervous, but after going through the whole project, I am blown away that they exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Sunlux and Troy Roofing for any project you might have. Thanks Garrett and the entire Sunlux crew!!Scott 7/08/2020
- Sunlux' pricing was significantly better than the three other companies that I checked with. When I called the initial salesperson, he was informative. All the way along, Sunlux was excellent as far as keeping me posted on updates. I knew going in that it wasn't going to be a quick process. It met all my expectations with the timelines, and also their availability. The service almost exceeds my expectations. It's as promised. I can easily monitor it with the application and the panels are producing better than I thought it would.Dave 2/22/2022
- The communication is not bad, but there's opportunity there. Sometimes it isn't clear. Everybody seems to wanna depend on emails to communicate. For something like this, a lot of times, it's better if they call 'cause there were some things I started that seem to go differently than what I was told it was gonna go.Aaron 2/17/2023
- Our experience with Sunlux was great. Our initial consult with Tracy was scheduled promptly and I was seriously impressed with his level of knowledge and ability to answer all of my questions. The system was designed and sized exactly as I wanted and meets the needs of our current and expanding family. The install team was professional and courteous. I did have to monitor them a bit more than I had wanted to insure everything was done to my exacting standards but in the end it turned out great. It has been a month and the production is right on track. I am already saving money! It was a great experience from start to finish.Christoph P. 7/08/2019
- I love to do my research and obtained quotes from more than 5 different installers before selecting Sunlux to install my solar system. One key piece for making that decision, besides researching all of the equipment and cost, was a result of reading positive reviews much like this one. The employees answered all of my questions and maintained communication throughout the process to let me know what stage the project was at and what I should expect next. This was huge for me as several of the steps involved getting permits, submitting plans, and obtaining inspections which don’t necessarily require the customer’s constant participation. As such it would have been easy to feel like nothing was happening or that my project was not moving forward had my project manager not provided those periodic progress updates. From start to finish it took just over 2 months from the date I signed the contract. The install itself took a couple days due to rainy weather. My wife and I are very pleased with the work that was done.NickH 4/03/2018
- The main person I dealt with at SunLux was Adam, the salesperson. He was very knowledgeable about what's going on with the system. I'm very satisfied. They were very professional. They determined the number of panels I needed to meet the amount of usage. They saw what kind of electric system I have existing and they determined whether they have to upgrade or not. They looked at my roof to determine if the roof needs replacing or not, if it's new enough for a system, and structurally sound for a system. I'm able to monitor it online and it seems to meet the usage. The panels produce an adequate amount. Everything was also reasonable compared to other companies.Lindsey 10/27/2021
- We did a virtual visit and the sales rep explained all the benefits of going solar, and how much money I'll be saving in the long run with going solar. He also mentioned the impact on the planet and renewable energy. He was very informative. He answered all my questions. I was very happy with the sales rep that I dealt with. There was some delays with the installation due to COVID and that was understandable. SunLux Energy was always on point as far as informing me of where we were with the installation process, and with the gathering of permits from the City and from my HOA. The installation crew was great. They came in and explained everything they were going to do. We hardly even heard or saw them because they got in, they did what they had to do, and then they got out. They cleaned up after themselves. The cost of the service was very reasonable. I've got my first electric bill and I'm seeing savings already. From start to finish, it was an awesome experience. SunLux was very professional and informative. They laid out everything for me. Everything that I heard on the radio was spot-on.Johnny 4/01/2021
- We have had our solar with Sunlux for 8 months now. We are extremely happy with the solar production and customer service. Everybody I've talked to has been very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. Solar is a huge investment and I feel good knowing that Sunlux will be there for us for the long haul.Crissy 6/19/2020
- The salesperson was really good. He was very instrumental with my choosing SunLux. I had some concerns but he was able to answer it. At the same time, I felt sincerity and authenticity from him. SunLux did their best to try to be the hub for everything but there are a lot of moving parts. There's SunLux and there's the financing. Then I'm in a unique situation where I also have an HOA. For my HOA, I had to fill out forms and it would have been great if SunLux did that for me. The city approved the project and SunLux took care of that part, which is great. Once HOA approves the project, we're going to schedule the installation.Michael 11/30/2021
- The engineer that I first talked to was very knowledgeable, and he had a system himself. I had a few drawbacks, and I didn't know how it would work, but he could answer all my questions. He was very good. Alex, the project coordinator, kept me up to date and worked around my schedule. The staff that came out here were very professional, and they did their job well. So far, I've been producing more than I'm using. The cost of the service is very fair, because I know the electric company is going to be increasing.Carol 9/15/2021
- My name is Sung W* from Rancho Cuamonga, CA. I shopped for Solar with 5 Solar companies and decided to go with Sunlux. Their prices were the best among all I looked. My experience with Sunlux was very pleasant from start to finish. My sales rep, Ralph F*** has been very positive all the way. He is knowledgeable and was very prompt with communication every time I had a question. I never felt pushed in getting solar. The project managers Sarah and Karissa were also very friendly and helpful. They would always be on top of everything when I had questions or concerns. Every step in the installation process was scheduled very quickly. It only took the installers 3-4 hours to put my solar system. The installers were efficient and respectful. I am very satisfied with my solar installation and would definitely recommend Sunlux to my anyone who is looking to get solar.Please ask for Ralph F*** I highly recommend him.Sung W. 6/18/2019
- Our experience with Sunlux was great. The salesperson was knowledgeable and walked us through the process of selecting the right amount of panels for our roof.Mike S. 10/25/2019
The design department worked with us through the permit and layout process. When the panels finally where installed about 6 weeks later we where very happy.
The entire crew was very professional and well trained. Overall I would can recommend Sunlux to everyone.
Thank you to the entire crew! GREAT JOB!
- SunLux contacted me and agreed I was treated badly. The lady that answered my call went out on maternity leave the following day (stressed due to upcoming leave). Joe and Guillermo contacted me and explained the problem. I now have an appointment for my solar estimate. I appreciate them reaching out to me and their ability to recognize a problem and rectify it.Patricia M. 11/20/2018
- Suxlux installed my solar array almost 3 years ago. I am very happy with the production of my system and have produced enough energy for my growing family and I. I gave them a call recently because I was thinking about getting an electric car and wanted additional panels to be installed. Adam ********** and Garrett ****** has been extremely helpful and very responsive. They took a look at my bill and didn’t try to sell me/over sell me on the panels THAT I wanted. They advised that since I was producing MORE energy then what I needed all I needed was Consumption Monitoring to see hour by hour how much energy I was producing and how much energy I was using. This would help me monitor my system to coincide with my SCE TOU plan to see if I even need more panels with the electric car. They came and installed the Enphase Consumption CT’s in under an hour. It was quick and they cleaned up after themselves. I was up and running again and checking my Enphase app every hour. Now I can charge my electric car at night when electricity is the cheapest and I might not even need more panels!Avin S. 7/03/2020
- Wanted to share my experience with Sunlux.. These guys are fantastic! I met with 4 other Solar companies and finally chose these guys. Not only did they install 30 Solar panels, but they also built us a covered patio to put them on. Eveything came out great, all of the staff and I dealt with were friendly and professional. Their follow up after the install has been great, and their prices are very competitive as well. Thanks Ben C*****, Guillermo, Aaron and the rest of the Sunlux team for a wonderful experience. Can't wait to see my SCE bill in the coming months!Alfred T. 2/18/2019
- I'm impressed with SunLux. They had a good warranty on their stuff and I liked the way they approached us. The representative answered all my questions. And then, the installers did the installation pretty quick. When I got home from work, everything was done. They were done by 4 o'clock. It took two days. One for the installation of the panels, another day for the panel box itself. I had an issue with the breaker popping two or three times. SunLux came out and fixed it on that same day I called. Also, if I need to talk to them, if I couldn’t exactly talk to the person I need to talk to, they would pass the message on to their supervisor and they would call me right away. I have told other people that I have SunLux.Gary 2/28/2021
- We had a Zoom meeting with Sunlux and they were very knowledgeable. They seemed to be upfront about options and reviewed our electric bills and came up with a few different solutions for us. Our agent was Gary and he seemed to be very knowledgeable. He never stuttered or couldn't answer a question. He presented himself as knowing his job. Email seemed to be the best form of communication. I received answers every time I sent an email. They sent me back either a follow-up or an answer to my question. The gentleman that did the site audit physically came out here and took pictures and measured. He explained what he was doing before he did it. He explained that he was done and what was left to do. So I was really happy with the field person. I've been happy with everybody I've had contact with. Their information packet was extensive and thorough. If there was another website that I needed to go to, it was all in that packet.Lorie 10/19/2022
- I liked the attitude of the person from SunLux I was talking to. He was open to my suggestions on the products’ brands. Everybody was offering brands and I was doing my research. I decided to go with LG. Most of the other people were negative about that. My perception was they want to sell what they were offering. But in this case with this company, he told me, “No problem. Whatever you want.” He researched and he sent me right away the price. He was accommodating to my petitions. He was teaching me how this works. He was also responding almost immediately. We were having good communication. He was a good salesperson.I was a little bit delayed in the end. But it wasn't the company's fault. It was the city inspectors. They were postponing a couple of times the final inspection. One of the things that I was a little bit disappointed in the end was that I was hoping that SunLux was going to teach me how to monitor. Because they left a device over here and for some reason, the device keeps disconnecting. I haven't been able to get it steadily connected. Another thing that I was expecting was the bill from Southern California Edison. I was expecting that one lower like I’ll get $26. But I've been getting 36. But other than that, it’s going to be aligned. They did a good job.Elfago 3/04/2021
- Fantastic experience. The solar consultant I spoke with, Fernando **, was extremely knowledgeable. Fernando helped lay out a couple of possible custom tailored solar plans for my home which included details about overall cost, expected kilowatt hours accumulated by the panels, my own power needs, etc. It was informative and all of my questions/concerns were answered. I can't say that about the other companies I spoke with. If you're going to go solar go with Sunlux.travis 9/17/2021
- I usually don’t take the time to write reviews. However, this time I decided to do it because it is important for people to know how great Sunlux is. We began our search for solar companies when we bought our house about year and a half ago. We met with many different companies but we noticed that they weren’t truthful and they were only interested in making a sale. We were ready to sign a contract with the only company we believed to be honest, when we were referred to Sunlux. They were absolutely magnificent! They were honest and straightforward from the beginning, went above and beyond our expectations and were prompt and so helpful. They took care of absolutely everything; they even provided same day installation. They were very professional and left the area cleaner than they found it. We have now had the panels for about a month and are beyond pleased with the continued service and professionalism given by the company.Diana Orozco 5/28/2020
- Sunlux has done everything they said they were gonna do and they responded to every question I've had. Their contract was very detailed and it included the requirements that the law required. I'm fully clear about everything that is going on and how it's happening. It's been about a three-week process so far. We're in the engineering process awaiting a final design and plan. Everything's going as scheduled, as planned, as expected, and as they describe it to me.Steven 2/19/2023
- Was very pleased that the owner reached out to help find a reasonable solution for both parties. Once the issue was explained, he made sure that the customer walked away happy and I think everyone wins with that in mind.Went with Sunlux to get a solar system to hook up an electric jacuzzi (that was a mistake right away, should not use electric to heat jacuzzi, not worth it at all, even with solar). I told the salesmen this was the purpose of installing solar, and he said great and led me down the path to obtain solar with Sunlux. My bill went through the roof once I started running my jacuzzi and after multiple attempts, no one at Sunlux is willing to help in anyway... they are literally in it just for the sale, don't waste your time and go with literally any other solar company!!! Also, if you are military, they don't offer any discounts, just FYI...Torry 5/11/2021
- I'm waiting to find out some issue that has developed where I'm not being given much information so it's confusing. Other than that, the whole process has gone very well with SunLux. Even though the installation is done, Bonnie, the main person who was handling my inquiries, is very responsive if there's an additional issue. This falls outside of her purview at this time. There were some broken tiles but they were repaired and SunLux got everything up and running.Peter 6/11/2021
- I'm living in the desert. Solar energy is plentiful. It made more sense to go with it. SunLux had the Panasonic panels that I wanted. They sold the kind of panel that I thought was best. A friend of mine also had used them and liked them. I had done some comparison, and they came up with the best overall deal for what I was looking for. So far, the panels are working great, and I have nothing but good things to say. We bought the system outright. The installation was great. It took a bunch of guys like seven hours. They were very pleasant. They couldn't have been better.SunLux was, from the get-go, very easy to deal with. When we were waiting to get confirmation from the government agency that has to okay the installation, they kept me up to date. With COVID, people weren't responding as quickly as possible. But I would hear from their representative practically once a week saying, “Still haven't heard anything yet. We'll keep you posted.” It was not her fault but she certainly stayed on top of it. It was excellent customer service. SunLux, overall, is very professional, very communicative and they kept me informed. They got great customer service.Betty 2/09/2021
- All the representatives were courteous and professional. They did a real good job. They were quick and efficient in installing the solar panels and equipment inside. My neighbors all said they did it pretty fast. Going solar helped me out tremendously so far because I put a pool in my backyard and it made a difference.E. 2/26/2021
- We were able to talk to three different representatives from three different companies, and the guy from Sunlux happened to be a gentleman. He came across as knowledgeable, and he went out of his way to check on things and verify pricing. I used to work in the public utility industry, and there was a discount that was available for people who work in the public utility industries that I didn't know about. The guy from Sunlux was very helpful, kind, polite, and professional, and seemed to have a sense of integrity because he made and kept his promises.Sunlux has done the inspection, planning and engineering. At this point, they're still getting hold of the local utility because they're gonna have to upgrade the panels. They haven't installed it yet, but I anticipate that it's going to be everything I expect. I don't expect miracles from solar, but I expect that it will provide me with a lot of energy throughout the course of owning the house and provide most, if not all, of my needs as we go along.We went with three of the top companies, and out of the choices that we had, Sunlux has been easily one of the best experiences. They've been fair, and as far as equitable, they've hit the price ranges that everybody else has. Nobody's given me super discounts, but Sunlux has been really personal, too. I even got contacted by one of the owners at one point because there was a misunderstanding. Their customer service and their regular service is top notch. I would absolutely recommend them.Evan 3/22/2022
- We just signed up with the project and it has yet to commence. But everybody has been cooperative and has been giving me information because everything is new for me. I'm not that knowledgeable in solar or roofing or contracting so they are helping me throughout. Bonnie is our project manager and Gary, who was my initial contact, is the salesperson and engineer. He has been giving me guidance. So, it’s been good. I will recommend others to at least explore the possibility of going with Sunlux and they can make their own calculated decision and look at all the options. And so far, my experience has been wonderful, so I have nothing but praise for Sunlux.Kishor 4/21/2022
- Sunlux made the solar installation pretty easy and straightforward. The sales person, Jerry, came for a free estimate and quote (very professional and knowledgeable). He answered all our questions and even got us a few deals on the solar package. Installation took a few weeks for approvals from LADWP but installation of solar panels by sunlux was the highest quality and fastest ever (one day install). Throughout the buying process, the project manager, Berlyn was just the best! All the praise to her. She did all the hard work behind the scenes from approvals and scheduling to making sure we were satisfied from start to complete as well as informed us about everything. Thank you Berlyn! All in all- without a question this has been the best investment for our home. Don't hesitate and really, give sunlux a try- you can thank me later. 🙂Emily S. 6/24/2020
- I met their rep Mark through Zoom. He was very knowledgeable and patient. It was a good experience working with him. We met him a second time to answer any questions. He had infographics that explained things further. He covered what the cost would be and the percentage rate, all on the phone. Then I was assigned a project manager who took care of handling the signing of the documents. They went through our bill to go over how many panels we would need based on our usage. We had a really good experience so far. We haven't seen the finished product yet but we felt very comfortable after meeting with Mark.Susana 3/09/2023
- I have a property in Mission Viejo and have a complicated 30 year clay tile roof. We contacted Sunlux, Sunpower, Sunrun and Tesla for solar panel quotes and Tesla for solar roof. Tesla took a couple of weeks to tell me that they will not install panels on clay tiles, designed an 11.4kw solar roof but placed 2.7 kw of active tiles on the north facing panes. I asked for a redesign 2 weeks ago and am still waiting. I don't think they can do it to be honest.P T. 2/16/2021
As far as solar panel quotes, Sunlux came out as the least expensive, the best system, the best warranty and will take care of replacing the underlayment for a very reasonable price so I don't have to call a separate roofer. Michael agreed to an upgrade from 2 layers of 30# felt to 2 layers of synthetic SBS-modified asphalt underlayment for the same price. Their system is based on state of the art high efficiency panels from LG with built-in microinverters so the 25 year manufacturer warranty includes the inverters (the most likely hardware to fail and only has a 10 year warranty from all the other installers). Unlike all the other installers, Sunlux offers a production guarantee of so many kwh/yr so they have a vested interest in monitoring the system output to watch for any failures or unexpected decrease in production. They also allow the customer to monitor system production down to the panel level so if any panel were to fail the installer and/or manufacturer warranty can be exercised. This is not possible with any system using string inverters such as Tesla.
Their roof leak warranty is 15 years instead of the industry standard 10 years. It's comforting to know although with 2 layers of SBS-modified asphalt underlayment I am not too worried.
Their customer service seems to be top notch from reading all the reviews on Yelp and Consumer Affairs. Their prices are very competitive. If you decide on Powerwall storage they will go the extra mile to apply for the SGIP program and get the state rebate for you. Highly recommended!
- I picked Sunlux for solar to install on my elderly parents house. This was after 5 other quotes. Price was the best. From signing contract to power up was better than imagined. Even with weather delays (wet in socal this year) they got past the delays. Customer service is fantastic. They know how to design a system. I recommend them highly.Ron J. 6/11/2019
- We got solar for our home; this company was stellar to work with! The employees were very professional, they came and told us everything we needed to know and got it done in a very timely manner. Our electricity bill is next to nothing now! We are very happy with their service and the solar panels look very sleek! Would HIGHLY recommend Sunlux and wish we would have done this sooner!Rania U. 6/26/2022
- Our experience with Sunlux was great. The salesperson was knowledgeable and walked us through the process of selecting the right amount of panels for our roof. The design department worked with us through the permit and layout process. When the panels finally where installed about 6 weeks later we where very happy. The entire crew was very professional and well trained. Overall I would can recommend Sunlux to everyone. Thank you to the entire crew! GREAT JOB!Mike S. 10/25/2019
- I liked the video presentation of SunLux better than other companies. It was really informative. I learned a lot that I didn't know about. Price-wise, they were in the ballpark of what I was figuring on. They’re doing the permit thing right now. I’m waiting on the city to do their thing. The rep I've been working with has been staying in touch. He keeps us apprised of what's going on.James 10/29/2021
- Sunlux did a great job planning our system. Working with the city during the restrictions of COVID was an extra challenge, but Sunlux took care of everything. The installation was all complete in 8 hours, including a new service panel. The system is working as advertised. We are very happy with it.James 9/16/2021
- SunLux seemed the best fit for us. They were really kind when I called them. The rep explained everything in detail without being patronizing. He was really helpful with setting it all up. Then the person I worked with the most was Berlin and she was amazing. She would email and call and was on top of everything. They were great. I appreciate them.Keegan 2/23/2021
- I got my solar installed last July by Sunlux. I have done tons of research before I went with them. I am so happy I did. Everyone in their team has customer's first mentality. I can't stress how professional in every step of the way. Even after the system has installed, they still treat you like VIP. I will recommend Sunlux to anyone who wants solar panels for their homes. They are on par with AMAZON in terms of service and quality. Truly amazing purchasing experience!Johnny H. 1/05/2021
- SunLux was great to work with. Rob ** was a great sales person who explained everything in detail, answered all questions promptly, was available by text even when the job was passed to our team manager, Jennifer. Jennifer ** was always on point with statuses and updates. The financing was handled through them with good rates and options. Much better financing than competitors. The install and roofing went smoothly and when I wanted something fixed quickly they handled it. Our solar install looks amazing and better than the neighbors. I have referred them to others as well. Thank you SunLux!Jessica 2/25/2021
- Sunlux won the bid. Received quotations and inspections from three of the biggest solar companies.James A. 8/22/2018
Although the prices were similar, Sunlux was able to acquire a unique loan at an amazing interest rate. Also, they did not try to oversell the number of panels.
Installation was fast (4 hours), clean, and almost invisible. Looks great with no system problems in 3 months.
- When I talked to the SunLux representative, he was very informative. He talked to me to get me exactly what I was looking for. So, it really worked out. Because of COVID, a lot of our interactions were mostly over the phone and emailing back and forth, but he was very quick to respond to me. He covered a lot of good options, and I was able to make a good decision with the options he gave me. Unfortunately, it's not a smooth process for anybody. I don't think any company would have done better. Any delays and stuff that we had were really from our city. It wasn't really from SunLux themselves. They did really good.We went with 16 panels. From talking to my agent, we looked at what I used the prior year. Then, he gave me a recommendation. From there, I gave him my input. We decided that 16 was going to be adequate for my house. The panels were just turned on like halfway through the cycle. I noticed that I am taking in a lot of energy from the sun because I monitor it through my LG app. But I haven't really seen a bill with it in full effect for the whole month. So, from what I've seen right now, it's right on track to pretty much close to get me to almost no energy consumption from the grid. It's doing what I wanted it to do. So, so far, I'm pretty happy with it. The only little thing was when the installers came, I didn't like the way something was done and I asked them to fix it. They said, “Oh, it’s not going to be an issue. Don't worry about it.” I felt like, “I'm the owner. I'm the guy. I just want you to tweak this to the left a little bit. Just tweak it to the left a little bit.” It wasn't anything emergent. It was just a conduit connection to one of the panels. My concern was that it was a little bit crooked and they didn't have a good seal. He checked it. He said it had a good seal. But I just felt like it was petty. I just felt like if I was the tech, I would have been like, “You know what? If you want to straight, I'll put it straight. You're the guy.” They left it like that. I haven't had any issues with it but I keep my eye on it. Other than that, I do recommend SunLux. My neighbors have been asking, so I've been giving them their number. I need to put them in my referral since I can get credits.Carlos 6/15/2021
- SunLux quickly understood our needs and designed an appropriate system with quality components from the beginning. Competitors started their proposal with a lesser system with lower quality components. After weeks of working with a competitor, they came up with the exact same system as SunLux and at the same price. The main reason we liked SunLux is that we had roofing issues. Competitors wanted to sell a whole new roof while SunLux came up with a much less expensive solution.Timothy R. 7/21/2019
- They get 5 stars and I did not buy solar from them... here's why. We have been getting solar quotes for the last month, from both local and national companies, ranging from 40k - 80k. My husband and I were feeling done, disappointed, and confused. He wanted me to get one more quote from Sunlux. Thank God we did. They were great about confirming the appointment, getting the information they needed for a quote and the like. Today, before the appointment, I received another call from them, Sierra wanted to confirm and had some additional questions. A few minutes after hanging up, Fernando, the sales rep. called. He asked me why we wanted solar. Then he took the time to explain my SCE bill, and the fact that since we are in a "grandfathered" plan, we are already paying less than we would be able to recoup from solar, probably in our lifetime, that no matter how much he would love to sell a system, he couldn't recommend in good conscience that we go solar at this point. He was professional and kind, very informative, and transparent. After speaking with him, I understood why my "gut" had been telling me these quotes were all wrong. I came home and looked at the 7 other quotes we had received, and none of them took into account the actual amount we are charged, even though they had the same information from our bill that Fernando had, they all used recently published SCE rates. It is frightening how close we came to making a financially catastrophic mistake, and I am so grateful for Fernando's professionalism and honesty. He knows what he is talking about. It turns out that solar is not the right choice for our family right now, but if it is the right one for you please give him the opportunity to give you a bid. If our circumstances change, he is going to be my first call. Sunlux, you have a rare and valuable associate in Fernando. We wish your company every success, if your other employees are as informed and honest as he is, I am certain it won't come at the expense of your clients.Lisa M. 7/09/2019
- Highly Recommended. I'm glad I didn't give up on my solar project because I almost did. Back in 2019, I was ready to move ahead with the project and went to energysage.com get quotes. I've had over 10 quotes and I actually even signed up with another installer at the time (not SunLux) and started the project. Then shortly after the project started I was told they discovered my roof had issues so the project was cancelled. I cancelled in part 1) the installer didn't do roofing and I didn't want to deal with multiple contractors and 2) the unexpected cost in the project. And apparently, the installer wasn't too excited about either, it seem. I guess most installers out there just want the easy installs but that's not the real world out there. I all but had given up. Then 6 months later I decided I give it another try and recalled Sunlux had given me a quote prior but never follow on it. Explained my situation to Tracy, my Sunlux consultant and he said my roof is certainly not an issue. He was very responsive to my needs, customized a system that I want and even had a great suggestion on the panel placement. How it looks is as important as the power. So with contract signed, this is typically where most solar project fall apart (right?) and this is what I heard from my neighbors with their solar project from a different installer. Nope, not with Sunlux. The project moved quickly and it stayed that way. I got coordinated with the project manager Jennifer and she made sure all my concerns were addressed. Even with Covid, the project took no more than 3 months and the bulk of the wait is with permitting. Very happy with the overall install experience, pricing, and service. If you have a roof issue like mine I high recommend you give Sunlux a try. Highly recommended!Simon L. 6/24/2020
- I spend several months researching and getting quotes from multiple solar contractors. Let me tell you it was a big learning experience. At the end I decided to go with Sunlux. They give me the best price and best guarantee than the other three solar companies for the system I was looking for.. They really took care of me and made the most effort to earn my business. Another key factor was their customer reviews. The process was smooth and very professional. Their installers where also very professional and pay attention to detail, taking my input and answering any questions I had. I’m so glad I went with Sunlux.MOISES R. 11/07/2019
Learn More about solar
Read about the latest in solar energy and smart home news.
Over the last decade, we’ve seen a significant shift towards renewable energy, particularly solar power. The popularity of solar power systems has skyrocketed, driven by
As we witness a renewable energy revolution, solar power systems are becoming increasingly commonplace. Central to these systems are solar batteries, essential for storing the
Welcome to the energy revolution! As our world transitions towards renewable energy, the introduction of Net Metering 3.0 represents a significant leap forward. If you’re