how we work
From consultation to design to engineering, we make solar simple so you can save.
TRUST THE SOLAR EXPERTS
We’re here to help every step of the way so you can feel confident in switching to solar. Worry-free and affordable, that’s our guarantee.
Settle For Nothing Less Than The Best. Choose Sunlux Solar.
What Sunlux solar customers say
Don't take our word for it. Read what our valued customers think about us.
- I had consultations with about five different companies, and the rep from Sunlux was the most comprehensive and accessible. Whenever I called him, he’d always answer. He seemed to have more knowledge, the right kind of knowledge, the stuff I wanted to know, and he explained everything very well. I just signed the contract today, and they’re doing the permitting now. As far as the solar panels, the micro-inverter is very important. They have different types of panels. They have a series which is older, which you run the risk. It’s like if one panel is shaded, the whole array can go down. With the micro-inverters, which is what I'm purchasing from LG, they are on the panels. So, there's no central point of failure. If one panel gets shaded, then the other panels are going to keep producing energy.Daniel 1/28/2022
- They get 5 stars and I did not buy solar from them... here's why. We have been getting solar quotes for the last month, from both local and national companies, ranging from 40k - 80k. My husband and I were feeling done, disappointed, and confused. He wanted me to get one more quote from Sunlux. Thank God we did. They were great about confirming the appointment, getting the information they needed for a quote and the like. Today, before the appointment, I received another call from them, Sierra wanted to confirm and had some additional questions. A few minutes after hanging up, Fernando, the sales rep. called. He asked me why we wanted solar. Then he took the time to explain my SCE bill, and the fact that since we are in a "grandfathered" plan, we are already paying less than we would be able to recoup from solar, probably in our lifetime, that no matter how much he would love to sell a system, he couldn't recommend in good conscience that we go solar at this point. He was professional and kind, very informative, and transparent. After speaking with him, I understood why my "gut" had been telling me these quotes were all wrong. I came home and looked at the 7 other quotes we had received, and none of them took into account the actual amount we are charged, even though they had the same information from our bill that Fernando had, they all used recently published SCE rates. It is frightening how close we came to making a financially catastrophic mistake, and I am so grateful for Fernando's professionalism and honesty. He knows what he is talking about. It turns out that solar is not the right choice for our family right now, but if it is the right one for you please give him the opportunity to give you a bid. If our circumstances change, he is going to be my first call. Sunlux, you have a rare and valuable associate in Fernando. We wish your company every success, if your other employees are as informed and honest as he is, I am certain it won't come at the expense of your clients.Lisa M. 7/09/2019
- Starting with initial consultation to installation with SunLux was real smooth. There was a little glitch with county inspection, but SunLux technicians took care of the issue. I was well informed about each stage of the process. Whole process took less than 3 months which is shorter than what I expected. Everyone from SunLux that I dealt were as pleasant as they we're professional. I am happy with my decision to go with SunLux.Myung Y. 11/20/2019
- The rep answered all my questions and was patient. It took us weeks back and forth because I wasn't tenacious on signing a contract. I reviewed the proposals, asked more questions and he supported the whole process. We're at the early stage of the project, getting approvals, and I'm comfortable with the decision I made. I evaluated two other companies and felt SunLux was the right choice for us. I would tell friends that it's definitely one of the companies they should evaluate before making a decision.Tim 1/01/2022
- So far, it’s been great. I've given all the information and they came and did the inspection. Everyone I've talked to from SunLux has been phenomenally happy and helpful. That was another reason why I went with them. The other reason I chose them was I had three other quotes and they were the lowest. They’re also local in Southern California. I've heard them on the local radio and every time I heard them speak or talk to them, it’s always been pleasant.Jason 10/17/2021
- I liked that with Sunlux, there wasn't any pressure. If I had questions, I could reach out freely without feeling bad about asking a question. The rep, Gary, was relaxed and sounded like he knew his stuff. He was knowledgeable with the technology that we had available to do the presentation. We didn't have to sit there and wait for him to do things. He was comfortable with putting together the presentation while also being able to carry on a conversation. It was an easy conversation and an easy kind of route. The process of financing was quick. There was a discrepancy in the communication between them and Sungage between the years and dollar amount. I contacted Gary over Easter weekend and told him that there was a discrepancy between what they sent Sungage and what Sungage was having me sign. He got everything taken care of before dinnertime. He did well. I wish Sunlux was a little bit cheaper though.Stephen 5/06/2022
- I selected four different companies and I interviewed all four. The salesman for SunLux was more knowledgeable simply because he had more years of experience in the field. I felt comfortable with that. I liked their warranty because it made me feel comfortable that they're going to be around to repair things if something goes wrong. They're not a company that I perceive is going to close up shop tomorrow. I was very impressed by their entire presentation and everything thus far has followed suit. They present things in a very organized way that a consumer who's not all that knowledgeable about solar can understand.Their pricing structure also made a lot of sense. They analyzed our bills. They looked at our roof. They made comments on what would need to be done, and then put together a structure that made sense for me. He told me the options and then he connected me to the bank that they use to finance, and they took over from there. We're in the beginning phases. They did their inspection. Now, it's gone to their engineering department. Once their engineering department analyzes all the data, then the rep will come back to me and say, “We need to increase or decrease the panels."Emmett 2/23/2022
- I highly recommend Sunlux Solar. I contracted with Sunlux for 34 panels and a new roof a little over 3 months ago. I am extremely pleased with both my solar panel installation and my new roof. My salesperson (Chris) was very honest, informative and professional. There was no sales pressure at all. He explained the entire project in detail and satisfactorily answered all my questions. He was extremely patient with me when I called him numerous times with questions I had pertaining to my internet solar research I conducted as I was educating myself on solar. I got several quotes prior to choosing Sunlux. Although Sunlux was a little more expensive than others (not much), I chose Sunlux because of the professionalism Chris displayed and because they are a large professional company who is dedicated to customer service. I believe in "you get what you pay for" and I am extremely pleased with Sunlux, as I got much more than I paid for. I am very happy I chose them for my project. My project manager (Berlyn) was outstanding. She was constantly communicating with me by either phone, email or text. She kept me apprised of every step of the project and was always responsive to me whenever I called her. She always got back to me immediately. She was professional, polite, informative and defiantly dedicated to customer service. She always made sure I knew what was happening, kept me in the loop, and that I was pleased. It was a pleasure working with Berlyn. The project took a little over 3 months to complete, but that was due to permitting issues and not the fault of Sunlux. None the less, Berlyn was in constant contact with the building authorities and moved things right along. The installers were very professional, polite and defiantly demonstrated pride in their work. The installation was clean, seamless and it looks fantastic. All the electrical is hidden in my attic and out of sight (except for my inverter). My roofer was Troy Roofing who was subcontracted through Sulux. Although I am not a fan of subcontractors, Sunlux changed my opinion about subcontractors. They were in contact with the roofer the entire time and I never had to deal with the roofer directly. Troy Roofing did an exceptional job on my roof. The guys worked 3 hard long days in 100 degree weather. They demonstrated pride in their work and they did an excellent job. I highly recommend Troy Roofing. In summary, I am extremely pleased with Sunlux Solar and the outstanding job they did. They totally exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend them for your solar project. You will not regret it. I commend their staff Chris (my salesperson) for his professionalism and honestly. There were no surprises. Moreover, I commend Berlyn (my project manager) for commitment to customer service, her professionalism and her organizational skills. She was on top of my project every step of the way and she was a pleasure to work with. AlAl L. 8/19/2020
- I did alot of research prior to coming across sunlux so I knew what I was looking for. sunlux was referred to me by my patio cover company ABOVE AND BEYOND PATIOS so I called and talked to Adam no hard sell gave me everything I wanted connected me to the finance company and worked with me was upfront about everything. Permits and equipment took a little time but they kept me informed about everything do your research and you will see sunlux is the right fit. Be sure to read all contracts because had a couple of companies try to get me to sign prior to roof inspection and I noticed that equipment was left out. But not with SunluxTim S. 3/03/2021
- Sunlux had the slightly smaller panels that are more conducive, so I went with them. I liked the rep's level of communication. But the biggest thing for me is the supply chain issues hampered their ability to just stick with a specific vendor for their panels. When I first engaged, they talked about using LG panels, then about using Panasonic. Towards the end, they were, "I'm not sure if we're gonna be able to use the Panasonic. We may have to switch to Tesla." At which time I said, "I can't use the Tesla because I won't get a comparable sized system." They said that they would make available the Panasonics. So managing their supply chain for the consistent product delivery would be the area that I would improve the most. Other than that, I would not hesitate to recommend Sunlux to a friend. But I would warn him that supply chain issues are impacting their ability to do certain layouts.Mitch 3/31/2022
- SunLux was highly recommended and it seemed that the timeline was better. Also, it was much more value-based. My home used to be a single-family. I added an ADU, so I'm actually getting two units that are gonna be installed. I was looking into options on how to change that with monitoring each one independently. The rep just kicked me up to the higher-up person who was one of the owners and he was able to help me with my questions.Eric 11/28/2021
- Made solar easy! the entire process has been little to know effort on my part. From quotation to install everything was easy. No hard pressure sales tactics! honest pricing and a great team from the inside people to the installers! If you are thinking about going solar you just need to call these guys!James B. 3/07/2019
- I'm glad I didn't give up on my solar project because I almost did. Back in 2019, I was ready to move ahead with the project and went to Energysage.com get quotes. I've had over 10 quotes and I actually even signed up with another installer at the time (not SunLux) and started the project. Then shortly after the project started I was told they discovered my roof had issues so the project was cancelled. I cancelled in part 1) the installer didn't do roofing and I didn't want to deal with multiple contractors and 2) the unexpected cost in the project. And apparently, the installer wasn't too excited about either, it seem. I guess most installers out there just want the easy installs but that's not the real world out there.I all but had given up. Then 6 months later I decided I give it another try and recalled Sunlux had given me a quote prior but never follow on it. Explained my situation to Tracy, my Sunlux consultant and he said my roof is certainly not an issue. He was very responsive to my needs, customized a system that I want and even had a great suggestion on the panel placement. How it looks is as important as the power.So with contract signed, this is typically where most solar project fall apart (right?) and this is what I heard from my neighbors with their solar project from a different installer. Nope, not with Sunlux. The project moved quickly and it stayed that way. I got coordinated with the project manager Jennifer and she made sure all my concerns were addressed. Even with Covid, the project took no more than 3 months and the bulk of the wait is with permitting. Very happy with the overall install experience, pricing, and service. If you have a roof issue like mine I highly recommend you give Sunlux a try. Highly recommended!Simon 6/24/2020
- I'm waiting to find out some issue that has developed where I'm not being given much information so it's confusing. Other than that, the whole process has gone very well with SunLux. Even though the installation is done, Bonnie, the main person who was handling my inquiries, is very responsive if there's an additional issue. This falls outside of her purview at this time. There were some broken tiles but they were repaired and SunLux got everything up and running.Peter 6/11/2021
- The stock market was at 30,000, so we had a little extra money. I happened to get a glance at our electric bill, and I thought it was pretty high. I had been considering solar for a very long time, but it seemed it just got to a point where it was pretty efficient. It made sense that if I waited any longer, I'd be too old to buy. I was talking to SunLux and Sunrun, but it really was a matter of price and salespeople to a certain extent. I was going to go with Sunrun because they were affiliated with Costco, and I thought I'd have some recourse if we had problems. But when we ventured into it, the SunLux salesperson was much more knowledgeable and upfront than the other guy, and then they sweetened the deal by putting in a level 2 plug for electric car charger in my garage. The whole process took almost two months from the time we’d signed the contract until the time it was turned on. A lot of that delay was waiting for the city to come take a look and sign off. The installation took a day. Solar always seems to make sense. My calculations say that we’ll break even in seven years. So, it's like prepaying your electric bill. It certainly is good for the environment. I'm also fascinated with the technology. In the morning, I wake up, and the first thing I do is go to the application where I can see how much energy we produced so far today. There was a gal in the office, her name was Berlyn. She was holding my hand as we went through the process with the city, and she kept me up-to-date on exactly what was happening. She would go back and remind them that they hadn't done their job yet and she just communicated perfectly. Then after it was installed, there was another gentleman who called me to make sure everything was going correctly. The support was excellent. Everybody was friendly and knowledgeable.Kenneth 6/20/2020
- We took over 6 months deciding whether to go with solar and who to go with. We ended up with SunLux because of their warranties, everything is done in house and price. They were very patient with us while we made our decision. The installation went very smoothly. We are enjoying seeing a credit to our Edison bill.Sasha T. 6/28/2019
- SUNLUX was great to work with. The initial salesperson explained everything very well and their pricing was very competitive. The design and installation teams were great, coordinating everything. including the HOA application. The installation was done in one day as advertised. The county inspection passed without any issues and the system is now working as expected. Their technical support has also been excellent.Russ C. 5/01/2019
- Sunlux made the solar installation pretty easy and straightforward. The sales person, Jerry, came for a free estimate and quote (very professional and knowledgeable). He answered all our questions and even got us a few deals on the solar package. Installation took a few weeks for approvals from LADWP but installation of solar panels by sunlux was the highest quality and fastest ever (one day install). Throughout the buying process, the project manager, Berlyn was just the best! All the praise to her. She did all the hard work behind the scenes from approvals and scheduling to making sure we were satisfied from start to complete as well as informed us about everything. Thank you Berlyn! All in all- without a question this has been the best investment for our home. Don’t hesitate and really, give sunlux a try- you can thank me later. 🙂Emily S. 6/24/2020
- I've been thinking of installing solar for quite sometime on our home and after numerous companies giving me quotes, I decided to go with Tesla. I thought that Tesla was the elite of solar based on their ads and promotions. After going through all but installing the solar panels, Tesla informed me that our roof needed work and that it would cost $9000 to repair the roof so that they can install solar panels. I was disappointed until I heard of Sun Lux over the radio being a roofer also. This was to test if I really needed a new roof. Sun Lux gave me a higher production of energy than Tesla and said I didn't need a new roof! They had several options on financing and leasing that made sense. I pulled the trigger and had them install solar. They assign you a Project coordinator that communicates with you throughout the process and Emma (my project coordinator) gave me the white glove treatment. She was always available. She took care of everything. What more can I ask for? I highly recommend Sun Lux even though I own a Tesla.Allan L. 2/26/2019
- Highly Recommended. I'm glad I didn't give up on my solar project because I almost did. Back in 2019, I was ready to move ahead with the project and went to energysage.com get quotes. I've had over 10 quotes and I actually even signed up with another installer at the time (not SunLux) and started the project. Then shortly after the project started I was told they discovered my roof had issues so the project was cancelled. I cancelled in part 1) the installer didn't do roofing and I didn't want to deal with multiple contractors and 2) the unexpected cost in the project. And apparently, the installer wasn't too excited about either, it seem. I guess most installers out there just want the easy installs but that's not the real world out there. I all but had given up. Then 6 months later I decided I give it another try and recalled Sunlux had given me a quote prior but never follow on it. Explained my situation to Tracy, my Sunlux consultant and he said my roof is certainly not an issue. He was very responsive to my needs, customized a system that I want and even had a great suggestion on the panel placement. How it looks is as important as the power. So with contract signed, this is typically where most solar project fall apart (right?) and this is what I heard from my neighbors with their solar project from a different installer. Nope, not with Sunlux. The project moved quickly and it stayed that way. I got coordinated with the project manager Jennifer and she made sure all my concerns were addressed. Even with Covid, the project took no more than 3 months and the bulk of the wait is with permitting. Very happy with the overall install experience, pricing, and service. If you have a roof issue like mine I high recommend you give Sunlux a try. Highly recommended!Simon L. 6/24/2020
- The engineer that I first talked to was very knowledgeable, and he had a system himself. I had a few drawbacks, and I didn't know how it would work, but he could answer all my questions. He was very good. Alex, the project coordinator, kept me up to date and worked around my schedule. The staff that came out here were very professional, and they did their job well. So far, I've been producing more than I'm using. The cost of the service is very fair, because I know the electric company is going to be increasing.Carol 9/15/2021
- I'm living in the desert. Solar energy is plentiful. It made more sense to go with it. SunLux had the Panasonic panels that I wanted. They sold the kind of panel that I thought was best. A friend of mine also had used them and liked them. I had done some comparison, and they came up with the best overall deal for what I was looking for. So far, the panels are working great, and I have nothing but good things to say. We bought the system outright. The installation was great. It took a bunch of guys like seven hours. They were very pleasant. They couldn't have been better.SunLux was, from the get-go, very easy to deal with. When we were waiting to get confirmation from the government agency that has to okay the installation, they kept me up to date. With COVID, people weren't responding as quickly as possible. But I would hear from their representative practically once a week saying, “Still haven't heard anything yet. We'll keep you posted.” It was not her fault but she certainly stayed on top of it. It was excellent customer service. SunLux, overall, is very professional, very communicative and they kept me informed. They got great customer service.Betty 2/09/2021
- I met their rep Mark through Zoom. He was very knowledgeable and patient. It was a good experience working with him. We met him a second time to answer any questions. He had infographics that explained things further. He covered what the cost would be and the percentage rate, all on the phone. Then I was assigned a project manager who took care of handling the signing of the documents. They went through our bill to go over how many panels we would need based on our usage. We had a really good experience so far. We haven't seen the finished product yet but we felt very comfortable after meeting with Mark.Susana 3/09/2023
- We have had our solar with Sunlux for 8 months now. We are extremely happy with the solar production and customer service. Everybody I've talked to has been very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. Solar is a huge investment and I feel good knowing that Sunlux will be there for us for the long haul.Crissy B. 6/19/2020
- Sunlux has been great from the start of my exploration into solar to the install and support after. They were honest and upfront with charges, changes, schedules, etc. I got everything I was looking for in the build and the overall outcome of the install was perfect. After a year production was over what was projected so really great work overall by the Sunlux team.Nick T. 6/03/2020
- Our experience with Sunlux was great. The salesperson was knowledgeable and walked us through the process of selecting the right amount of panels for our roof.Mike S. 10/25/2019
The design department worked with us through the permit and layout process. When the panels finally where installed about 6 weeks later we where very happy.
The entire crew was very professional and well trained. Overall I would can recommend Sunlux to everyone.
Thank you to the entire crew! GREAT JOB!
- Our sales Rep Mark T******* was really nice and walked us through the entire process during our solar hunt. The rest of the team kept us updated on what was going on behind the scenes. We financed solar, and I was upset that I had to open an account with another bank. Going to have to put the foot work in later to close the act once our loan is paid off. The installation was seamless and the installers were friendly. Sarah C******* took care of everything with our HOA and SDGE. That saved me a lot of headache. Looking forward to saving some money with solar.Nicole M. 6/10/2018
- I am so happy with my Sunlux experience! After going through the process I would definitely choose them again without hesitation. I initially reached out to Tesla Solar, which seemed great at first. We had a good initial meeting, the proposal looked good, and the gentleman that did my inspection was so nice. Then everything went sideways. After my inspection the initial estimate went up $8,500 for additional costs. I called my local utility company to verify what Tesla Solar was telling me was needed. My utility company sent someone to my house to inspect and verified it was not needed. Suddenly, I had a hard time getting a hold of my Project Manager at Tesla and the engineers could not agree on the requirements. Every few weeks they would just send me an email asking if I had signed the documents yet. They didn’t want to discuss what the utility company said. That is when I called other companies, including Sunlux. My sales contact, Rob M*******, worked with me and answered all of my questions. After reviewing the proposals, I researched the equipment on each proposal. The pricing was all competitive, but the equipment Sunlux quoted was far superior and the reviews were great. That is when I signed with Sunlux. Everyone I talked to, emailed, or that came to our house was friendly, professional, and overly polite. From my Project Manager, Emma S******, to the techs sent to our house for installation and inspections, everyone was knowledgeable and amazing. Emma kept me informed every step of the way and I did my part by emailing or calling when I had questions. Every email or call was responded to quickly. If someone did not know the answer to my question, they would have someone call me with the answer right away. Every inspection was passed easily. They submitted everything for me and made the whole process seamless. My solar system was turned on today and I am excited to see the kW it started producing right away. I will be referring everyone to Sunlux!PAGE M. 7/30/2019
- I have two houses down Corporate with Sunlux. One is okay and we are already processing through the HOA. But the scheduling with the other one is quite slow. They arranged for the technician to take a look at the roof, then after he inspected the roof, I haven't heard anything from them for four weeks. Later on, they contacted me and said that the technician did not complete an investigation on the roof. So they needed to come back again. Then they started to schedule for the technician to come over. In the end, I contacted the salesperson who contacted me in the very beginning. He contacted someone in the company and arranged for someone to come over today to take a look at the roof again. He did a good job. In fact, he is the reason why I chose Sunlux. This guy is Chinese, he's very popular in the Facebook group, and a lot of people recommend him, which is the most important thing.Ben 7/27/2022
- We have had our solar with Sunlux for 8 months now. We are extremely happy with the solar production and customer service. Everybody I've talked to has been very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. Solar is a huge investment and I feel good knowing that Sunlux will be there for us for the long haul.Crissy 6/19/2020
- Great company and great services. They worked with me through the entire project and made sure all my questions were answered. My electric company attempted to slow the process but Sun Lux keep me on pace and now I’m on solar and looking to enjoy a better electric bill. Would recommend this company to family and friendsReginald . 3/24/2019
- Sunlux has been very diligent. Everything is transparent. They've tried to accommodate a lot of the questions and concerns that I've had. They don't promise everything, but they provide you with the details. The gentleman who explained the details to me had a very detailed presentation. It took a lot of time but it explained a lot of things. I'm still in the middle of trying to finalize how we're gonna be approaching the project. We're making sure that the roof is able to handle that added load and that we don't have to remove the panels 5, 10 years from now to fix leaks.James 5/26/2022
- Service is one of the key items that I decided to go with SunLux and quality is one of them too. The sales guy was very approachable, responsive and always available for me if I have questions. The installation took half of the day. Once our local electricity company approved, they gave me a call right away and said they could come the next day. They came on Saturday morning around 7:00 and it took them until 1 o'clock or 2 o'clock. They cleaned up a little bit then they left. However, there is one issue. Once they had finished, one of my breakers was not being reconnected well. I had to call them to come back to put that back and they were very responsive. The next morning, they came again and fixed that right away. That's a plus for them. I like SunLux Energy. I like the service that they have right now. Most of the contractors, once you've paid in full, they're gone. They never respond to your call. But SunLux still responds to my call. They still send me text messages every once in a while asking me how the generation is going. I like the way that they make sure their customer is well-satisfied.Ryan 2/11/2021
- I got my solar installed last July by Sunlux. I have done tons of research before I went with them. I am so happy I did. Everyone in their team has customer's first mentality. I can't stress how professional in every step of the way. Even after the system has installed, they still treat you like VIP. I will recommend Sunlux to anyone who wants solar panels for their homes. They are on par with AMAZON in terms of service and quality.Johnny Hong 1/05/2021
- Sunlux was the most thorough. They were not the most affordable, but their honesty combined with their pricing was the best. The person that did our intake and walked us through the interview was the most honest. He is a salesperson, but he didn't act like one. The installation is supposed to happen in October, but we had a little hiccup with our project so we are probably going to push it out a little bit further. They work with what we thought was a lender, but they're a broker for the loan. The lender that they work with is no longer offering that loan. We're back at the application process.Karina 9/04/2022
- Everybody at SunLux was amazing. They would call me whenever there was a delay of any sort and they would let me know the process we were in every step of the way. I've recommended SunLux to some of my friends. There are very terrible experiences with other solar companies that I've heard but you don't have to worry about SunLux.Ivy 9/16/2021
- I highly recommend Sunlux! They are honest, responsive, and very customer focused. Couldn't ask for a better company to work with. If you appreciate a company who honors their commitments without any hassle this is the company to hire. No third party installers. Employees are knowledgeable, polite, and will exceed your expectations. You can count on Sunlux to make things rightMiguel C. 6/09/2022
- Sunlux installed our system at the end of last year, and we have been online since January. We decided to go with a ground mounted system, and so far we are very pleased with the results. We decided to go with them after hearing their advertisements on the radio. We appreciate how Sunlux has a very strong customer service team that is proactive to check on how things are going or answer any questions.R O. 3/03/2019
- I got three other quotes but it felt like SunLux was the best way to go. The rep was able to adjust to my scheduling conflict and come early. He was very knowledgeable. He told me what to expect, what would happen, and what the next steps would be. He got everything done in an hour. Also, my project manager has been awesome. She keeps me notified every day. She also emails me at least a couple of times a week saying, “Hey, this is where we're at. This is where we're going. This is what has to happen.” So, it has been great so far.Thomas 11/27/2021
- My wife and I did a lot of research on the very many solar companies servicing our area. We decided on Sunlux. We met with Mike Valencia and went over the numbers. Not only was Sunlux the lowest pricing while offering the most servicing, but Mike's integrity was refreshing. Other companies that submitted a bid included an additional ten panels at significant extra cost. When I asked Mike why his bid reflected less panels, he explained that in the late afternoon our neighbor's palm tree cast enough shade that the additional cost would not be worthwhile.Michael T. 1/15/2020
The installation crew finished up in one day, taking their mess with them. I have had minimal problems that have been addressed right away.
We are very happy with Sunlux and highly recommend them to those interested in upgrading their home with solar
- I have a property in Mission Viejo and have a complicated 30 year clay tile roof. We contacted Sunlux, Sunpower, Sunrun and Tesla for solar panel quotes and Tesla for solar roof. Tesla took a couple of weeks to tell me that they will not install panels on clay tiles, designed an 11.4kw solar roof but placed 2.7 kw of active tiles on the north facing panes. I asked for a redesign 2 weeks ago and am still waiting. I don't think they can do it to be honest.P T. 2/16/2021
As far as solar panel quotes, Sunlux came out as the least expensive, the best system, the best warranty and will take care of replacing the underlayment for a very reasonable price so I don't have to call a separate roofer. Michael agreed to an upgrade from 2 layers of 30# felt to 2 layers of synthetic SBS-modified asphalt underlayment for the same price. Their system is based on state of the art high efficiency panels from LG with built-in microinverters so the 25 year manufacturer warranty includes the inverters (the most likely hardware to fail and only has a 10 year warranty from all the other installers). Unlike all the other installers, Sunlux offers a production guarantee of so many kwh/yr so they have a vested interest in monitoring the system output to watch for any failures or unexpected decrease in production. They also allow the customer to monitor system production down to the panel level so if any panel were to fail the installer and/or manufacturer warranty can be exercised. This is not possible with any system using string inverters such as Tesla.
Their roof leak warranty is 15 years instead of the industry standard 10 years. It's comforting to know although with 2 layers of SBS-modified asphalt underlayment I am not too worried.
Their customer service seems to be top notch from reading all the reviews on Yelp and Consumer Affairs. Their prices are very competitive. If you decide on Powerwall storage they will go the extra mile to apply for the SGIP program and get the state rebate for you. Highly recommended!
- The enrollment experience with SunLux has been quite good. They seem very organized and thorough. The rep answered all my questions and the engineer who came out clearly knew exactly what he was doing. So, I've been impressed with their expertise. It was excellent dealing with them. They stay in touch and I don't go long spells without getting an update with them. They are very prompt at keeping me informed about what's going on. We're still getting into the engineering phase and probably in about a week, we're going to start going after permits.Larry 6/18/2022
- I took bids from four other companies and I thought SunLux' salesman was professional and was persistent with his follow-up. He always had the answers or he came back with the answers, and their quote was competitively priced. He was able to give me the product that I was looking for, which was the Panasonic panels and the SolarEdge system. I have a certain kind of a roof called a TPO roof which is like a vinyl roof. And some companies would charge extra, some wouldn't, but he just acted like, "No big deal, we can take care of that." So it gave me confidence in him. I was in the final hours of making decision with another company and I changed, because I thought he was exceptional.And then once we signed the paperwork, I got passed off to a project manager and she was amazing. She is probably one of the best communicators. And if you've ever gone through construction yourself, it's usually not fun. All you ever want somebody to do, whether it's news you wanna hear or not, I just want them to be honest. Because nothing in construction is easy, right? Things happen. People don't show up for work, there's hidden damage, or suppliers, or short of stock. It's just the way the world is. But when somebody calls you up before you have to call them, to say, "Where are your people?", or when they call you up in advance and you're confident that they'll call you, no matter it's good or bad news, it makes the experience very enjoyable.The customer service person was one of the best I've ever encountered. I'm in the construction business. We run a service company, which is one of the largest in our field in Southern California. I wanted to steal her. And then, we had a few glitches at the end which is we just don't get wigged about because we knew if they were taking care of them, what else could you ask? Because you're not going to make an omelet without cracking a couple of eggs. And being in the construction business, it's just part of it. It's more not how you handle when everything goes right, it's how do you handle things when everything doesn’t go according to plan or right. She was exceptional on keeping things moving and staying in communication, good news or bad news. It's more important to communicate me when things aren't going to schedule.We haven't had a bill since the panels have been installed. We had a credit because we were doing what would they call a billing average plan where you pay a bit more during the winter to have a more billing through the summer months. About a month ago, we got a $435 rebate. That was because they took the excess they collected during the winter and figured that we're going to have solar panels that work during the summer. We had a bad inverter when we first started. It took SunLux a little while to figure it out that we had a problem. And then, they came out and fixed it right away. But it has been producing electricity for a month and a half.You're looking for somebody that makes your life easy. You can do your part, my part is to pay the money and to select the best vendor, and they made me look good in front of my wife, so what else would I want? You're more dealing with the person that's putting it up and a bit more hands-on guy, but I feel I made the right decision. And after going through the experience, you still have fond feelings of the company that you chose. In the construction business where things don't always go perfect, that's pretty good, if you still have good feeling and you're still glad that you chose the person you have. I would definitely recommend SunLux.Paul 5/12/2020
- We were supposed to get Solar from another provider, we signed everything but for more than 6 months, nothing happened. We then tried to contact Sunlux. The response time was fantastic. Our house was inspected within a week, a plan was set and within 3months, our system has been approved by the city and everything is done. I thought that was it. However, after a few months, I hear from them again to update me on their new monitoring system and explain to me how everything is going. They dont stop after you pay, they are there to support you even after everything. That to me is outstanding service.ALLAN J. 6/08/2019
- We had a Zoom meeting with Sunlux and they were very knowledgeable. They seemed to be upfront about options and reviewed our electric bills and came up with a few different solutions for us. Our agent was Gary and he seemed to be very knowledgeable. He never stuttered or couldn't answer a question. He presented himself as knowing his job. Email seemed to be the best form of communication. I received answers every time I sent an email. They sent me back either a follow-up or an answer to my question. The gentleman that did the site audit physically came out here and took pictures and measured. He explained what he was doing before he did it. He explained that he was done and what was left to do. So I was really happy with the field person. I've been happy with everybody I've had contact with. Their information packet was extensive and thorough. If there was another website that I needed to go to, it was all in that packet.Lorie 10/19/2022
- I did research and found that SunLux has good Panasonic panels. I called them up to see what proposal they could provide and liked what I heard. There were delays beyond the control of SunLux but they were responsive. Their staff followed up with emails and had good communication. We did both our panels and our roof through them and financed the roofing part. The manager who handled us, Jennifer, was very good. I also dealt with Mike from SunLux and he was very good as well.Alfonzo 5/17/2020
- I liked the video presentation of SunLux better than other companies. It was really informative. I learned a lot that I didn't know about. Price-wise, they were in the ballpark of what I was figuring on. They’re doing the permit thing right now. I’m waiting on the city to do their thing. The rep I've been working with has been staying in touch. He keeps us apprised of what's going on.James 10/29/2021
- From start to finish Sunlux was on it. The process was so easy! Most of it done by email, phones and computer. Everyone I talked to gave me their cell phone number and their email address where I could reach out if I had any questions. One Sunday night after hours, I received an email I was very concerned about so I called 1 phone number and left a message. I thought no body will call me back and I tried another number and no answer. Then emailed a couple of people. My phone stared ringing off the hook from Sunlux people returning my phone call. They eased my worries about the email I had received. I was impressed with their after hours response. They followed through with everything they said they would do and I appreciate that so much! My neighbor went with another company before we signed with Sunlux and she is still not completed. I highly recommend Sunlux for anyone thinking about going solar.Shelly C. 10/16/2019
- Sunlux was amazing from start to end. Very helpful with our needs and wants. They did not push us into anything. Alex, our project manager, was great with communication and very professional. Sunlux helped us with a new roof installation. The company they secured for us was very professional and cleaned up after themselves very well. The solar installers and electrician were great!!! They let me know what they were doing throughout the process. I am an above satisfied customer. Thank you Sunlux!Matthew 2/22/2022
- I picked Sunlux for solar to install on my elderly parents house. This was after 5 other quotes. Price was the best. From signing contract to power up was better than imagined. Even with weather delays (wet in socal this year) they got past the delays. Customer service is fantastic. They know how to design a system. I recommend them highly.Ronald J. 6/12/2019
- They've been thorough. They've followed up, responded to emails, tried to make it easy and communicated. It was just wow. I just wish more people were like that in their business. The spiel of the SunLux rep was so clear and well-organized. He anticipated all of the questions that we were probably going to ask. He wasn't one of those salesman types that is like, "How much money do you think you're gonna save...", that is such a time suck as a way to try to engage you. He just engaged personally, instead of through dorky, recommended, inexperienced people. I didn't feel any pressure. We have a date scheduled for installation on November 17th. I was expecting it to take longer and I'm very impressed that it hasn't. I hope it stays that way.Melissa 11/11/2021
- They were clearly the best company (warranty and product) which I had come bid. They were also the most expensive, but dropped their price to compete with other companies. They quickly scheduled the install, and finished when they said they would. Plenty of follow through. They submitted the plans to the HoA and city, obtained the permits and permission, arranged the battery refund from the power company, and had it up and working in no time. Great company.Steve E. 5/24/2018
- We interviewed 3 different solar companies but chose Sunlux. Excellent customer service, as they take it to the next level. Quick to respond and alway trying to go above and beyond to help their customer. Even 2 years after install they are just a phone call away. Always available to answer all our questions and concerns. Love their service.Indi G. 2/20/2020
- Out of the three companies that I talked to and got quotes from, they were the only company that offered the Tesla panels. Also, they were the only company that at the end of the year, any kilowatt-hours overage, I was going to get some sort of payment from the electrical company. Plus, the reps are professional and well-rounded individuals. They had good follow-up and stayed on top of everything. But they still haven't installed the solar panels. Also, I'm not happy with the company they are recommending to finance the panels. It took me longer to get everything set up with them than it took SunLux to get the permits from the city, which is almost the opposite. There was a lot of going back and forth with them and I couldn't see them in person to take care of things. Everything has to be online, which is fine but it was just their lack of follow-up. I suggest looking into a different company.Hector 4/10/2022
- I highly recommend Sunlux Solar. I contracted with Sunlux for 34 panels and a new roof a little over 3 months ago. I am extremely pleased with both my solar panel installation and my new roof. My salesperson (Chris) was very honest, informative and professional. There was no sales pressure at all. He explained the entire project in detail and satisfactorily answered all my questions. He was extremely patient with me when I called him numerous times with questions I had pertaining to my internet solar research I conducted as I was educating myself on solar.Al L. 8/19/2020
I got several quotes prior to choosing Sunlux. Although Sunlux was a little more expensive than others (not much), I chose Sunlux because of the professionalism Chris displayed and because they are a large professional company who is dedicated to customer service. I believe in "you get what you pay for" and I am extremely pleased with Sunlux, as I got much more than I paid for. I am very happy I chose them for my project.
My project manager (Berlyn) was outstanding. She was constantly communicating with me by either phone, email or text. She kept me apprised of every step of the project and was always responsive to me whenever I called her. She always got back to me immediately. She was professional, polite, informative and defiantly dedicated to customer service. She always made sure I knew what was happening, kept me in the loop, and that I was pleased. It was a pleasure working with Berlyn. The project took a little over 3 months to complete, but that was due to permitting issues and not the fault of Sunlux. None the less, Berlyn was in constant contact with the building authorities and moved things right along. The installers were very professional, polite and defiantly demonstrated pride in their work. The installation was clean, seamless and it looks fantastic. All the electrical is hidden in my attic and out of sight (except for my inverter).
My roofer was Troy Roofing who was subcontracted through Sulux. Although I am not a fan of subcontractors, Sunlux changed my opinion about subcontractors. They were in contact with the roofer the entire time and I never had to deal with the roofer directly. Troy Roofing did an exceptional job on my roof. The guys worked 3 hard long days in 100 degree weather. They demonstrated pride in their work and they did an excellent job. I highly recommend Troy Roofing.
In summary, I am extremely pleased with Sunlux Solar and the outstanding job they did. They totally exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend them for your solar project. You will not regret it. I commend their staff Chris (my salesperson) for his professionalism and honestly. There were no surprises. Moreover, I commend Berlyn (my project manager) for commitment to customer service, her professionalism and her organizational skills. She was on top of my project every step of the way and she was a pleasure to work with.
- We are in the process of having SunLux installed. I signed off on the approval and they were gonna request a permit from my city. It's all within the timeframe they told me it was gonna be. They've also been right on top of doing everything they said they are gonna do. Customer service has all gotten back to me right away and has been very helpful. So far, so good.Randy 12/05/2021
- I did a solar energy system with Sunlux on my house about three years ago, and everything went very smoothly. The process was close to three months because I had a different situation where my roof tile is Spanish tile. It cannot take the penetration of a rack system on the roof so they had to strip off the areas of the roof where they were going to put solar panels and do composition paper underneath that to waterproof it all. Then they mounted the racks and brought the Spanish tile back up to the edge of the solar panels. Once they got that done, the solar panels were installed within a couple of weeks. They were on time regularly for the rest of the stuff.Dan 2/19/2022
- We looked at multiple companies for solar over a year. Sunlux was professional from the first point of contact. Between their customer service, installers and employees everyone was helpful and respectful. Getting solar was the best decision we made and I would highly recommend Sunlux.Kim H. 2/26/2020
- Sunlux is a great choice for home solar installation. I used them to install my new solar panels and I'm very satisfied. On the front end, Rob Martinez helped me plan the layout that best used my roof shape and got me the power output I was looking for. And once the plans were made, Jen Bennett helped me coordinate the permit and the installation. Both Rob and Jen were great and made the process pretty painless. I definitely recommend Sunlux for solar panels, they do a great job!Zack D. 2/01/2021
- Sunlux has done everything they said they were gonna do and they responded to every question I've had. Their contract was very detailed and it included the requirements that the law required. I'm fully clear about everything that is going on and how it's happening. It's been about a three-week process so far. We're in the engineering process awaiting a final design and plan. Everything's going as scheduled, as planned, as expected, and as they describe it to me.Steven 2/19/2023
- Two years ago, going solar made sense to me and I went with SunLux. They finished the installation in a week and now, I don't get an energy bill anymore. Zero. Somebody came out on a warranty claim about three weeks ago and he did fine. He was very prompt. He did an inspection of the roof and he found some broken tiles. I thought he was going to arrange to have somebody come and fix those, but I haven't heard anything else.Steven 5/13/2020
- After waiting years for solar panels to become more efficient and affordable, i finally settled on Sunlux to set up solar for our newly renovated home after reading reviews and speaking with friends. I must say this decision for solar has been the best investment in my home i have ever made. Sunlux reps took us through the whole process from estimating our generating needs (we have 2 ev cars, 2 A/C units and outdoor entertainment) to mapping out our panels to give us maximum sun exposure, to setting up and registering our panels with the electric company. Garrett, the customer service manager, responded to our questions and calls promptly and kept us informed during the whole process. He introduced us to the app that can monitor our daily, monthly and cumulative generating at the touch of our iPhones 24/7. We are now generating more electricity than we use and this will allow us expand our electricity needs in the future. The monthly cost of our solar loan is significantly less than our previous electrical bill and in several years we will be saving hundreds of dollars monthly. We are very pleased with our purchase and with Sunlux.Martin . 11/01/2019
- On the telephone, the Sunlux customer service reps were great. They answered all my questions. They worked with me. They did what I wanted them to do. They made it work under my conditions. Overall, Sunlux was very educational. I knew nothing and then two weeks later, I feel like my head was gonna explode. I knew too much. So, they were very informative. What I liked was the person I worked with was not a salesperson. He was an engineer. So, he explained technical things, but I had to make him explain them a couple of times because I was new. So, he went over and over until I got it.Dorlene 1/27/2022
- SunLux contacted me and agreed I was treated badly. The lady that answered my call went out on maternity leave the following day (stressed due to upcoming leave). Joe and Guillermo contacted me and explained the problem. I now have an appointment for my solar estimate. I appreciate them reaching out to me and their ability to recognize a problem and rectify it.Patricia M. 11/20/2018
- I worked with Mark and didn't get the best impression of him at first. He talks a lot, and I’m more "get to the point". He was persistent and kept matching with other offers I was receiving. We signed with someone else but he didn’t give up. Eventually, he gained my trust. We have a set date for the installation but I have a concern right now. We don’t have the second payment and there’s a late fee for it. Right now, we’re trying to get a HELOC but they're delaying it. I’m concerned if they will commit to the late fee, or will they give us a grace period to get this resolved. Things have changed with COVID and they're not as accommodating to us. We need to sign papers and they're about an hour away. We're gonna see if they'll wait later for us to sign after we get off work. They are not willing to send somebody to us. The guy took Thursday off, and I don't think he was willing to let somebody else handle it. He’s putting us in a really tight bind. We have to sign by Friday in order to meet that deadline. But we've been in contact with someone from Texas and there have been a lot of long pauses, but when a deadline needs to be hit, she’s on it. I have my mom’s house next. Assuming this goes down well, we’ll be doing it again with SunLux.Carlos 12/01/2021
- We did a lot of research on what SunLux provided and we even did a table to compare. The price, even though that was not the cheapest, I saw that what they were offering was much better. We also looked at all the reviews that they had and the reviews were better than others. Our HOA took time to approve it, but after that, things went very quickly. All people that were communicating with us and letting us know, including the project manager, were good. The guys that came to install were super professional too. They did the work fast. There was something else that they couldn't complete that day, but they kept communicating when they were going to arrive and things that they still needed to do. They came over and fixed it. As of today, we’re very satisfied. It’s been great.Yessenia 3/21/2021
- UPDATE: Our system is finally up and running, and they made an effort to rectify the situation.Wendy G. 4/15/2019
Let me start this story from the beginning. After doing a lot of research, we landed on Sunlux for a couple of reasons. Their reviews were generally very positive, and they use Panasonic panels, which are a bit smaller, and can be arranged so they fit around the obstructions on our roof. After the bid, we had to do some foundation work. We contacted the salesman, let him know we were planning to move ahead with Sunlux, but the project would be delayed. When we were ready to move forward, it became a huge cluster#&%@. We had to send over some pictures and measurements around our electrical panel. We didn't hear anything for a long time, until we heard that our original project manager was no longer with the company, and that we would have to re-measure and re-send the pictures because her files were lost. This delayed the project by at least a couple of weeks, if not a month. Then, we were told to wait. And we waited, and waited, and waited. The only times the project manager returned our phone calls was after we called the salesman out of frustration. At one point, the company had been notified that the permits had come through, but because they didn't have them in their hands, they refused to put us on the schedule.
Finally, we got the go ahead, two months after it was promised. The installation went relatively painlessly. If this review was for the installers, instead of the company in general, it would be four or five stars. They finished the installation in mid-March. We were told we would be contacted within 10-14 business days to schedule the final inspection. We heard nothing. I tried contacting our project manager, and again, crickets, until I called our salesman. Then, we were told that we would have to make the final payment before the system could be turned on. We paid about 75% upon installation. No one told us we would have to pay the other 25% before having the system turned on, but nonetheless, we paid. Then, we were told that Sunlux neglected to file all the paperwork with the city. After they did that, we then received an email saying the inspection would happen on the 12th of April.
On April 12th, we got a knock on the door. The Sunlux employee was an hour late for the inspection. He was very apologetic, but his excuse was that he was stuck at someone's house because he was being yelled at by a very angry customer. The employee told us that Sunlux was a horrible company, and that all customers were angry. This may or may not be true, but we are one of the angry customers. Right now, we have $25k worth of useless glass sitting on top of our roof. I suspect it will get turned on one day, but for now, we continue to pay exorbitant PG&E bills, which is precisely what we're trying to avoid. If this isn't remedied immediately, we'll be contacting a lawyer.
As for the delays, we know, things happen, but the fact that there was little to no communication, and that we weren't given all the facts (like that they were waiting for us to pay the final payment), makes us wonder how and if they'll honor the warranty.
Friends and neighbors want to go solar, and they have asked for Sunlux's contact info. There's no way we'll recommend them, unless things dramatically change soon. At which point, I'll update this review, and perhaps their star rating.
- The installation hasn't happened yet, but my experience has been great so far. This is something that I'm not knowledgeable about, and the rep walked me through it very easily. I have asked so many questions, and he's has been so extremely patient, knowledgeable, and very bipartisan of his product versus others, telling me to do the research. Currently, we're waiting on permits, and the roofer has to come look at my house to do an audit.Adam 8/13/2022
how will I pay for solar?
Our customized solutions are guaranteed to save you money.
Start saving immediately with zero interest when you purchase your Sunlux system outright.
LOW RATES – NO HIDDEN FEES
Switch to solar with affordable monthly payments that are lower than your current electric bill.
Lease solar panels and get instant savings with no money out of pocket.
RATE LOCK GUARANTEE
Never pay another energy bill for years. We’ll show you how.
California & Texas Solar GALLERY
Go solar without sacrificing the curb appeal of your home. See for yourself!
Learn More about solar
Read about the latest in solar energy and smart home news.
Over the last decade, we’ve seen a significant shift towards renewable energy, particularly solar power. The popularity of solar power systems has skyrocketed, driven by
As we witness a renewable energy revolution, solar power systems are becoming increasingly commonplace. Central to these systems are solar batteries, essential for storing the
Welcome to the energy revolution! As our world transitions towards renewable energy, the introduction of Net Metering 3.0 represents a significant leap forward. If you’re