solar purchasing solutions
savings and peace of mind
We offer flexible payment options backed by the best warranty in the industry.
Choose the best solar payment solution for you
Want less cash out of pocket? No problem, because we offer 0% down. Want to own your system? We can do that too. In fact, we’ll customize your agreement based on your individual needs.
frequent financing questions
If you own your solar system (purchase or finance), the investment tax credit (ITC), also known as the federal solar tax credit, allows you to deduct 26 percent of the cost of installing a solar energy system from your federal taxes. The ITC applies to both residential and commercial systems, and there is no cap on its value. Source: energysage.com
There’s no down payment required when you finance your solar system, and you can choose between short or a long finance terms. Our rates are competitive, and we never lien your home. Plus, as the owner, you qualify for a 26% federal tax credit.
When you lease with Sunlux, you’ll get an incredibly low monthly rate that’s locked in for 25 years! You’ll be paying less monthly than you already are for traditional electricity – 20% or more!
What Sunlux solar customers say
Don't take our word for it. Read what our valued customers think about us.
- The entire Sunlux team has been incredible from start to finish. During the sales presentation, there was no uncomfortable up selling or pressure by Chris. The installation process managed by Jen was seamless, and whenever there was an issue (all issues were minor) she took considerable effort to ensure our care and solve the problem. The roof and the panels look fabulous and they are producing as expected - we couldn't be happier!! We received 3 other quotes for the project and Sunlux beat the competition in every category, which actually made me a bit nervous, but after going through the whole project, I am blown away that they exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Sunlux and Troy Roofing for any project you might have. Thanks Garrett and the entire Sunlux crew!!Scott M. 7/08/2020
- Sunlux' pricing was significantly better than the three other companies that I checked with. When I called the initial salesperson, he was informative. All the way along, Sunlux was excellent as far as keeping me posted on updates. I knew going in that it wasn't going to be a quick process. It met all my expectations with the timelines, and also their availability. The service almost exceeds my expectations. It's as promised. I can easily monitor it with the application and the panels are producing better than I thought it would.Dave 2/22/2022
- Three companies called me to give me a quote. When I reviewed the quote from SunLux and the equipment that was gonna be placed, I liked it a lot better. It was not the price that I liked but the system. It was a better option for me. It was going to be LG panels, and they were going to be 375 watts each panel. They were going to be providing 7.5 kilowatts.The SunLux representatives were helpful, knowledgeable and pretty professional. The salesperson had a really good communication. Also, the project manager was always in contact with me. I got 19 panels because they were gonna provide the energy that they promised that they were gonna get me. The installation went pretty smoothly.Jesus 6/16/2021
- SunLux is growing into Northern California. I was a bit skeptical about doing business with a company still based in Southern California, but they sent a crew up to do a site inspection and a crew to do the installation. When the installation was inspected, the city inspector complimented then on the job they did Frank, the crew lead was great at keeping us informed throughout the installation process and his team, Art and Eder were neat. Lorena, the project manager was very good about communicating about the design process, permitting, and everything happening behind the scenes.Lar B. 9/05/2018
I can recommend them without reservation.
- I am so happy with my Sunlux experience! After going through the process I would definitely choose them again without hesitation. I initially reached out to Tesla Solar, which seemed great at first. We had a good initial meeting, the proposal looked good, and the gentleman that did my inspection was so nice. Then everything went sideways. After my inspection the initial estimate went up $8,500 for additional costs. I called my local utility company to verify what Tesla Solar was telling me was needed. My utility company sent someone to my house to inspect and verified it was not needed. Suddenly, I had a hard time getting a hold of my Project Manager at Tesla and the engineers could not agree on the requirements. Every few weeks they would just send me an email asking if I had signed the documents yet. They didn’t want to discuss what the utility company said. That is when I called other companies, including Sunlux. My sales contact, Rob M*******, worked with me and answered all of my questions. After reviewing the proposals, I researched the equipment on each proposal. The pricing was all competitive, but the equipment Sunlux quoted was far superior and the reviews were great. That is when I signed with Sunlux. Everyone I talked to, emailed, or that came to our house was friendly, professional, and overly polite. From my Project Manager, Emma S******, to the techs sent to our house for installation and inspections, everyone was knowledgeable and amazing. Emma kept me informed every step of the way and I did my part by emailing or calling when I had questions. Every email or call was responded to quickly. If someone did not know the answer to my question, they would have someone call me with the answer right away. Every inspection was passed easily. They submitted everything for me and made the whole process seamless. My solar system was turned on today and I am excited to see the kW it started producing right away. I will be referring everyone to Sunlux!PAGE M. 7/30/2019
- We heard about Sunlux through a friend who used the company and specifically put us in touch with Chris. We called him and it was great. We liked how easy he explained everything really well to us. However, we had a little bump recently. My husband was home, and whoever came out to do the site audit didn't talk to my husband. In one of the emails that came through, I was a little confused because I wasn't sure exactly what the representative was asking us. I sent a clarifying email, then after that, the email that she sent back was a lot more clear. She was asking us about where we're gonna put the EVs. We're going back and forth now through email, trying to finalize where our EV outlets are gonna go. Nothing's been installed, but so far, Sunlux has been great. They're very responsive. If there’s anything, it's us on our end that has been lagging behind. There is a lag time in between when you’re communicating through email, and it’s hard. One time, my husband and I were like, “Well, did you answer?” “No, I thought you answered.” It took longer than we wanted it to go, but we try to respond quickly and Sunlux always responds quickly back to us.Michelle 2/18/2023
- The sales rep was great, answered all the questions I had and was very knowledgeable about the process and the different panels that I was interested in. I’m waiting for the HOA to give approval for the installation. Apart from that, the process has been very good. I haven't had any issues with SunLux, and the communication has been quite well.Kevin 1/04/2022
- Everybody at SunLux was amazing. They would call me whenever there was a delay of any sort and they would let me know the process we were in every step of the way. I've recommended SunLux to some of my friends. There are very terrible experiences with other solar companies that I've heard but you don't have to worry about SunLux.Ivy 9/16/2021
- I liked that with Sunlux, there wasn't any pressure. If I had questions, I could reach out freely without feeling bad about asking a question. The rep, Gary, was relaxed and sounded like he knew his stuff. He was knowledgeable with the technology that we had available to do the presentation. We didn't have to sit there and wait for him to do things. He was comfortable with putting together the presentation while also being able to carry on a conversation. It was an easy conversation and an easy kind of route. The process of financing was quick. There was a discrepancy in the communication between them and Sungage between the years and dollar amount. I contacted Gary over Easter weekend and told him that there was a discrepancy between what they sent Sungage and what Sungage was having me sign. He got everything taken care of before dinnertime. He did well. I wish Sunlux was a little bit cheaper though.Stephen 5/06/2022
- I got my solar installed last July by Sunlux. I have done tons of research before I went with them. I am so happy I did. Everyone in their team has customer's first mentality. I can't stress how professional in every step of the way. Even after the system has installed, they still treat you like VIP. I will recommend Sunlux to anyone who wants solar panels for their homes. They are on par with AMAZON in terms of service and quality.Johnny Hong 1/05/2021
- We took over 6 months deciding whether to go with solar and who to go with. We ended up with SunLux because of their warranties, everything is done in house and price. They were very patient with us while we made our decision. The installation went very smoothly. We are enjoying seeing a credit to our Edison bill.Sasha T. 6/28/2019
- The stock market was at 30,000, so we had a little extra money. I happened to get a glance at our electric bill, and I thought it was pretty high. I had been considering solar for a very long time, but it seemed it just got to a point where it was pretty efficient. It made sense that if I waited any longer, I'd be too old to buy. I was talking to SunLux and Sunrun, but it really was a matter of price and salespeople to a certain extent. I was going to go with Sunrun because they were affiliated with Costco, and I thought I'd have some recourse if we had problems. But when we ventured into it, the SunLux salesperson was much more knowledgeable and upfront than the other guy, and then they sweetened the deal by putting in a level 2 plug for electric car charger in my garage. The whole process took almost two months from the time we’d signed the contract until the time it was turned on. A lot of that delay was waiting for the city to come take a look and sign off. The installation took a day. Solar always seems to make sense. My calculations say that we’ll break even in seven years. So, it's like prepaying your electric bill. It certainly is good for the environment. I'm also fascinated with the technology. In the morning, I wake up, and the first thing I do is go to the application where I can see how much energy we produced so far today. There was a gal in the office, her name was Berlyn. She was holding my hand as we went through the process with the city, and she kept me up-to-date on exactly what was happening. She would go back and remind them that they hadn't done their job yet and she just communicated perfectly. Then after it was installed, there was another gentleman who called me to make sure everything was going correctly. The support was excellent. Everybody was friendly and knowledgeable.Kenneth 6/20/2020
- UPDATE: Our system is finally up and running, and they made an effort to rectify the situation.Wendy G. 4/15/2019
Let me start this story from the beginning. After doing a lot of research, we landed on Sunlux for a couple of reasons. Their reviews were generally very positive, and they use Panasonic panels, which are a bit smaller, and can be arranged so they fit around the obstructions on our roof. After the bid, we had to do some foundation work. We contacted the salesman, let him know we were planning to move ahead with Sunlux, but the project would be delayed. When we were ready to move forward, it became a huge cluster#&%@. We had to send over some pictures and measurements around our electrical panel. We didn't hear anything for a long time, until we heard that our original project manager was no longer with the company, and that we would have to re-measure and re-send the pictures because her files were lost. This delayed the project by at least a couple of weeks, if not a month. Then, we were told to wait. And we waited, and waited, and waited. The only times the project manager returned our phone calls was after we called the salesman out of frustration. At one point, the company had been notified that the permits had come through, but because they didn't have them in their hands, they refused to put us on the schedule.
Finally, we got the go ahead, two months after it was promised. The installation went relatively painlessly. If this review was for the installers, instead of the company in general, it would be four or five stars. They finished the installation in mid-March. We were told we would be contacted within 10-14 business days to schedule the final inspection. We heard nothing. I tried contacting our project manager, and again, crickets, until I called our salesman. Then, we were told that we would have to make the final payment before the system could be turned on. We paid about 75% upon installation. No one told us we would have to pay the other 25% before having the system turned on, but nonetheless, we paid. Then, we were told that Sunlux neglected to file all the paperwork with the city. After they did that, we then received an email saying the inspection would happen on the 12th of April.
On April 12th, we got a knock on the door. The Sunlux employee was an hour late for the inspection. He was very apologetic, but his excuse was that he was stuck at someone's house because he was being yelled at by a very angry customer. The employee told us that Sunlux was a horrible company, and that all customers were angry. This may or may not be true, but we are one of the angry customers. Right now, we have $25k worth of useless glass sitting on top of our roof. I suspect it will get turned on one day, but for now, we continue to pay exorbitant PG&E bills, which is precisely what we're trying to avoid. If this isn't remedied immediately, we'll be contacting a lawyer.
As for the delays, we know, things happen, but the fact that there was little to no communication, and that we weren't given all the facts (like that they were waiting for us to pay the final payment), makes us wonder how and if they'll honor the warranty.
Friends and neighbors want to go solar, and they have asked for Sunlux's contact info. There's no way we'll recommend them, unless things dramatically change soon. At which point, I'll update this review, and perhaps their star rating.
- I liked that SunLux didn't keep pestering us. Sunrun kept calling every 15 minutes, and I actually had to block their number. SunLux was a little more professional and didn't treat me like just a big sale. They just called and then we set the appointment. We just had the inspector and we've kind of got everything going. The experience is very positive and feels more service-oriented.Shane 4/08/2022
- Starting with initial consultation to installation with SunLux was real smooth. There was a little glitch with county inspection, but SunLux technicians took care of the issue. I was well informed about each stage of the process. Whole process took less than 3 months which is shorter than what I expected. Everyone from SunLux that I dealt were as pleasant as they we're professional. I am happy with my decision to go with SunLux.Myung Y. 11/20/2019
- We have had our solar with Sunlux for 8 months now. We are extremely happy with the solar production and customer service. Everybody I've talked to has been very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. Solar is a huge investment and I feel good knowing that Sunlux will be there for us for the long haul.Crissy 6/19/2020
- We did a virtual visit and the sales rep explained all the benefits of going solar, and how much money I'll be saving in the long run with going solar. He also mentioned the impact on the planet and renewable energy. He was very informative. He answered all my questions. I was very happy with the sales rep that I dealt with. There was some delays with the installation due to COVID and that was understandable. SunLux Energy was always on point as far as informing me of where we were with the installation process, and with the gathering of permits from the City and from my HOA. The installation crew was great. They came in and explained everything they were going to do. We hardly even heard or saw them because they got in, they did what they had to do, and then they got out. They cleaned up after themselves. The cost of the service was very reasonable. I've got my first electric bill and I'm seeing savings already. From start to finish, it was an awesome experience. SunLux was very professional and informative. They laid out everything for me. Everything that I heard on the radio was spot-on.Johnny 4/01/2021
- My experience with SunLux was wonderful. The person that was assigned to work with me was Jennifer. Jennifer did a great job in coordinating with me and making sure I understood the next steps. They were good and they fought for my business. The other guys were trying to match what they did. I came to the ultimate decision that if you couldn't come up with what they came up with, you don't deserve to take their business. One of the things they did for me was I recently bought an EV vehicle and they threw in a level two inverter for this vehicle, which is gonna save me tons of hours of charging. They rock. Then the owner called me when I was getting ready to go with another company, who actually tried to match theirs. I liked them. I was so happy with my experience with them.Cynthia 7/02/2020
- When I talked to the SunLux representative, he was very informative. He talked to me to get me exactly what I was looking for. So, it really worked out. Because of COVID, a lot of our interactions were mostly over the phone and emailing back and forth, but he was very quick to respond to me. He covered a lot of good options, and I was able to make a good decision with the options he gave me. Unfortunately, it's not a smooth process for anybody. I don't think any company would have done better. Any delays and stuff that we had were really from our city. It wasn't really from SunLux themselves. They did really good.We went with 16 panels. From talking to my agent, we looked at what I used the prior year. Then, he gave me a recommendation. From there, I gave him my input. We decided that 16 was going to be adequate for my house. The panels were just turned on like halfway through the cycle. I noticed that I am taking in a lot of energy from the sun because I monitor it through my LG app. But I haven't really seen a bill with it in full effect for the whole month. So, from what I've seen right now, it's right on track to pretty much close to get me to almost no energy consumption from the grid. It's doing what I wanted it to do. So, so far, I'm pretty happy with it. The only little thing was when the installers came, I didn't like the way something was done and I asked them to fix it. They said, “Oh, it’s not going to be an issue. Don't worry about it.” I felt like, “I'm the owner. I'm the guy. I just want you to tweak this to the left a little bit. Just tweak it to the left a little bit.” It wasn't anything emergent. It was just a conduit connection to one of the panels. My concern was that it was a little bit crooked and they didn't have a good seal. He checked it. He said it had a good seal. But I just felt like it was petty. I just felt like if I was the tech, I would have been like, “You know what? If you want to straight, I'll put it straight. You're the guy.” They left it like that. I haven't had any issues with it but I keep my eye on it. Other than that, I do recommend SunLux. My neighbors have been asking, so I've been giving them their number. I need to put them in my referral since I can get credits.Carlos 6/15/2021
- I did alot of research prior to coming across sunlux so I knew what I was looking for. sunlux was referred to me by my patio cover company ABOVE AND BEYOND PATIOS so I called and talked to Adam no hard sell gave me everything I wanted connected me to the finance company and worked with me was upfront about everything. Permits and equipment took a little time but they kept me informed about everything do your research and you will see sunlux is the right fit. Be sure to read all contracts because had a couple of companies try to get me to sign prior to roof inspection and I noticed that equipment was left out. But not with SunluxTim S. 3/03/2021
- Out of the three companies that I talked to and got quotes from, they were the only company that offered the Tesla panels. Also, they were the only company that at the end of the year, any kilowatt-hours overage, I was going to get some sort of payment from the electrical company. Plus, the reps are professional and well-rounded individuals. They had good follow-up and stayed on top of everything. But they still haven't installed the solar panels. Also, I'm not happy with the company they are recommending to finance the panels. It took me longer to get everything set up with them than it took SunLux to get the permits from the city, which is almost the opposite. There was a lot of going back and forth with them and I couldn't see them in person to take care of things. Everything has to be online, which is fine but it was just their lack of follow-up. I suggest looking into a different company.Hector 4/10/2022
- Their presentation was much better than some of the other folks we talked to. They had a better sense of what they were talking about and were able to portray that to me, who did not know anything about solar. The installation went really well, and really, really quickly. The driver dropped off the incorrect panels but they corrected that. It took him a week to get the new ones. But as soon as they dropped in my driveway, they were right on the house. So there was no problem there. The project manager, Bonnie, was really good. Bonnie and the salesman, Mike, were super great at everything and helping out and helping me understand.Jeremy 4/28/2021
- The salesperson was really good. He was very instrumental with my choosing SunLux. I had some concerns but he was able to answer it. At the same time, I felt sincerity and authenticity from him. SunLux did their best to try to be the hub for everything but there are a lot of moving parts. There's SunLux and there's the financing. Then I'm in a unique situation where I also have an HOA. For my HOA, I had to fill out forms and it would have been great if SunLux did that for me. The city approved the project and SunLux took care of that part, which is great. Once HOA approves the project, we're going to schedule the installation.Michael 11/30/2021
- I met their rep Mark through Zoom. He was very knowledgeable and patient. It was a good experience working with him. We met him a second time to answer any questions. He had infographics that explained things further. He covered what the cost would be and the percentage rate, all on the phone. Then I was assigned a project manager who took care of handling the signing of the documents. They went through our bill to go over how many panels we would need based on our usage. We had a really good experience so far. We haven't seen the finished product yet but we felt very comfortable after meeting with Mark.Susana 3/09/2023
- Sunlux has been amazing from beginning to end. Their customer service and professionalism has been top notch. I worked with Chris (sales) and Danielle and Berlyn (project managers).Agustina Q. 5/28/2020
Chris was very knowledgeable and followed up with me while the paperwork was being completed and once the project was completed. Danielle and Berlyn assisted with the project and the installation. They both were amazing in keeping me apprised of each step along the way.
And, lastly, the installers were just as incredible. They were also professional and worked quickly to get the job completed with limited interruption to our lives since I was working from home.
Thank you, Sunlux. I appreciate all you've done!
- After a couple of research for solar company, we decided to go with Sunlux for our solar system. The sales consultant Lorena Gutierrez and service representative Markie Owen are both amazing to work with. The installation team are very professional and on time. They keep me update through out the process. We are very happy with our solar and so far after 4 months we only need to pay $10 a month for Edison connection fee for electricity bill.Kevin C. 5/17/2019
- Sunlux was amazing from start to end. Very helpful with our needs and wants. They did not push us into anything. Alex, our project manager, was great with communication and very professional. Sunlux helped us with a new roof installation. The company they secured for us was very professional and cleaned up after themselves very well. The solar installers and electrician were great!!! They let me know what they were doing throughout the process. I am an above satisfied customer. Thank you Sunlux!Matthew 2/22/2022
- Excellent service provided by each team member. I was kept informed during each stage of the process and the Sunlux representatives took time to educate me about process, product, timelines, progress, services and costs. As a former educator, Sunlux receives an A+ for all aspects detailed above.Lee S. 12/29/2019
- Extremely happy with the entire process! We did a lot of research and received numerous proposals. I am very glad I went with Sunlux! Every single person I came in contact with was courteous, knowledgeable and professional. We also had Sunlux repair our roof prior to installing the solar panels. We knew it needed fixing and they gave us a great price. Other companies had tried to talk us into a whole new roof, which was completely unnecessary! We worked with Chris Adams, he is fantastic. Give him a call if you are considering going solar, you won't regret it! The installation was clean and efficient from start to finish and the crew was very respectful of my home and the fact that I was working out of my house while they were here. Highly recommend Sunlux!Heather C. 8/26/2019
- Our experience with Sunlux was great from the time we signed the contract with the sales rep. thru the completion of the installation. A couple of weeks delayed with the install due to the rain, but that was out of anyone's control. Aside from that, everything went fairly smooth. Customer service was courteous and responsive. We'd definitely recommend Sunlux!Serei C. 4/01/2019
- I liked the attitude of the person from SunLux I was talking to. He was open to my suggestions on the products’ brands. Everybody was offering brands and I was doing my research. I decided to go with LG. Most of the other people were negative about that. My perception was they want to sell what they were offering. But in this case with this company, he told me, “No problem. Whatever you want.” He researched and he sent me right away the price. He was accommodating to my petitions. He was teaching me how this works. He was also responding almost immediately. We were having good communication. He was a good salesperson.I was a little bit delayed in the end. But it wasn't the company's fault. It was the city inspectors. They were postponing a couple of times the final inspection. One of the things that I was a little bit disappointed in the end was that I was hoping that SunLux was going to teach me how to monitor. Because they left a device over here and for some reason, the device keeps disconnecting. I haven't been able to get it steadily connected. Another thing that I was expecting was the bill from Southern California Edison. I was expecting that one lower like I’ll get $26. But I've been getting 36. But other than that, it’s going to be aligned. They did a good job.Elfago 3/04/2021
- I liked the video presentation of SunLux better than other companies. It was really informative. I learned a lot that I didn't know about. Price-wise, they were in the ballpark of what I was figuring on. They’re doing the permit thing right now. I’m waiting on the city to do their thing. The rep I've been working with has been staying in touch. He keeps us apprised of what's going on.James 10/29/2021
- When I first decided to purchase a solar system, I conducted extensive research on different companies, including reading on-line reviews and asking existing customers in my neighborhood. I also obtained estimates from four different companies, before finally deciding on Sunlux. I found Sunlux's prize to be compatible or better than the other companies and I was pleased with the Energy Consultant (Fernando Cano) I met with. During the entire process of obtaining permits, financing and installation, I was very pleased with everyone I dealt with, as they were very professional and courteous.Luis B. 8/31/2018
There were two minor glitches during the entire process, but ultimately everything was resolved to my satisfaction. One of these glitches was a misunderstanding and/or miscommunication regarding the interest rate on the financing. In the process of resolving this issue, Fernando Cano verbally offered to also install a Ring doorbell at my residence free of charge. Once the system was installed, so was the Ring doorbell and I absolutely love it.
The other glitch occurred on installation day when, apparently, the equipment truck destined for my house, sustained a flat tire. This caused the Sunlux employees to arrive late at my residence, which in turn caused them to return the following day (Saturday morning) to finish the job. I like to sleep in late on Saturday mornings, but it is nearly impossible to do so while solar panels are being installed on your roof. Once again, this was something minor and probably beyond anyone's control.
I believe that the bottom line to fairly reviewing any company is to ask your self two important questions after having done business with said company. #1. "Would I do business with this company again?" and #2. "Would I recommend this company to others?" The answer to both of my questions, "Yes I would".
- Sunlux had the slightly smaller panels that are more conducive, so I went with them. I liked the rep's level of communication. But the biggest thing for me is the supply chain issues hampered their ability to just stick with a specific vendor for their panels. When I first engaged, they talked about using LG panels, then about using Panasonic. Towards the end, they were, "I'm not sure if we're gonna be able to use the Panasonic. We may have to switch to Tesla." At which time I said, "I can't use the Tesla because I won't get a comparable sized system." They said that they would make available the Panasonics. So managing their supply chain for the consistent product delivery would be the area that I would improve the most. Other than that, I would not hesitate to recommend Sunlux to a friend. But I would warn him that supply chain issues are impacting their ability to do certain layouts.Mitch 3/31/2022
- I shopped for Solar around with 5 Solar companies and decided to go with Sunlux. Their prices were the best amongst all. My experience with Sunlux was very pleasant from start to finish. My sales rep, Ralph Funk has been very positive all the way. He is knowledgeable and was very prompt with communication every time I had a question. I never felt pushed in getting solar. The project managers Sarah and Karissa were also very friendly and helpful. They would always be on top of everything when I had questions or concerns. Every step in the installation process was scheduled very quickly. It only took the installers 3-4 hours to put my solar system. The installers were efficient and respectful. I am very satisfied with my solar installation and would definitely recommend Sunlux to my anyone who is looking to get solar.Sung W. 2/01/2018
- The fact that SunLux had been around the longest of the companies that we looked at and where the part of the industry that their founders had come from, and the support and transparency we received on our initial call with them gave us the most confidence that they'd be able to see the project through and provide support even afterward.The installation crew was a contractor with SunLux. The installation crew was on our job site when we had other people on our job site and myself and my boyfriend who owned the home together. So, the two clients were on the job site and we frequently had to request that they put masks back on, and it felt disrespectful when everyone else on the entire site was wearing masks and having to ask them multiple times. But as far as executing the job, they did a really good job and they were very communicative and the workers were clean.Based on our former bills, we should be right at a place where we are running about the same amount of money, and I only expect that number to become more disproportionate in our favor, where electrical will continue to get expensive, but our loan stuff will stay the same. We're charging our cars off of it and we have plug-in gas cars and we're driving very little. So, we haven't been having to buy gas, which is awesome. So overall, I feel really good about it. I also appreciate the back-end service, like being able to check on everything beyond just the cost-saving that it's providing. For the money that we spent, we got a good product that felt quality. We got exactly what we were going in for not knowing anything about the process.Cameron 4/08/2021
- Sunlux made the solar installation pretty easy and straightforward. The sales person, Jerry, came for a free estimate and quote (very professional and knowledgeable). He answered all our questions and even got us a few deals on the solar package. Installation took a few weeks for approvals from LADWP but installation of solar panels by sunlux was the highest quality and fastest ever (one day install). Throughout the buying process, the project manager, Berlyn was just the best! All the praise to her. She did all the hard work behind the scenes from approvals and scheduling to making sure we were satisfied from start to complete as well as informed us about everything. Thank you Berlyn! All in all- without a question this has been the best investment for our home. Don’t hesitate and really, give sunlux a try- you can thank me later. 🙂Emily S. 6/24/2020
- Customer service is important to me and SunLux proved that they have the best in the business. I had a problem with my solar system and all I had to do was make one phone call to them and they did the rest. The problem was fixed so swiftly that I didn't need to call them back for updates on the situation.Gino T. 2/28/2019
- Sunlux has done everything they said they were gonna do and they responded to every question I've had. Their contract was very detailed and it included the requirements that the law required. I'm fully clear about everything that is going on and how it's happening. It's been about a three-week process so far. We're in the engineering process awaiting a final design and plan. Everything's going as scheduled, as planned, as expected, and as they describe it to me.Steven 2/19/2023
- SunLux was great. Were there issues with the install? Yes. Is it normal to have a hiccup here and there? Yes. What made it great though was the communication by the office and the installers. They were all very professional and courteous. Even when the city no show canceled on their second reschedule for inspection SunLux did everything they could to get me back on the inspectors’ schedule. I have already recommended them to five friends that are looking to have solar installed. Thank you for being professional, communicating, and accommodating.Nicholas T. 1/16/2019
- Everything has been great. I've been well-informed about everything and never had any questions. Everything was almost answered preemptively and it's been smooth sailing. Before you move into schedules for install, you've got designing and engineering to go through. We had to send somebody out to the house to do a site assessment and you won't be scheduled for install until permit is received, but the process was started a couple of days after I signed the contract.William 1/03/2022
- We have had our solar with Sunlux for 8 months now. We are extremely happy with the solar production and customer service. Everybody I've talked to has been very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. Solar is a huge investment and I feel good knowing that Sunlux will be there for us for the long haul.Crissy B. 6/19/2020
- They were clearly the best company (warranty and product) which I had come bid. They were also the most expensive, but dropped their price to compete with other companies. They quickly scheduled the install, and finished when they said they would. Plenty of follow through. They submitted the plans to the HoA and city, obtained the permits and permission, arranged the battery refund from the power company, and had it up and working in no time. Great company.Steve E. 5/24/2018
- I was trying to get our energy costs lower because of early retirement. We had a gentleman from SunLux Energy come out and he did an excellent job. We liked his sales presentation so we decided to go with it. Every interaction that I had with every person that worked for the company from the salesperson all the way through the people that came out and did the inspection of our roof had to coordinate with my roofer to get the system in place and that went well. They were all professional. But I wished the process of getting the system in would've been a little bit faster from start to finish. Permits had to happen and there were a lot of different players came in. There was a lot of cooperation and everybody was professional. They didn’t leave my yard with a lot of rubbish or anything like that. So, I was quite satisfied with the way everybody conducted themselves.We put some money down and then we did the financing. There seemed to be enough options to accommodate us for what we needed. So, everything went well. For the first couple of months, everything seems to be really well. The system is producing enough energy and it’s accomplishing everything that has been promised to us. SunLux did a good install job. The system looks beautiful and it works. Overall, I’m very happy with the experience and I have referred a couple of people to SunLux.Rex 7/01/2020
- I've had solar panels in the past, and there seemed to be a benefit, so in my newer home, I decided to do it. I did a lot of research on companies throughout the area and decided to go with SunLux after talking to a couple other companies. This was a purchase, which is a better idea than leasing it earlier in my other house. That’s a good deal all the way around. The person-in-charge of the SunLux company, Erica, kept me informed what was happening throughout the process as well. The only thing that ever held them back was waiting for the city to approve stuff, which is not their issue. Other than that, the whole process went smoothly. Installation was seamless too. It happened without me being there and it all went together well.Doug 3/03/2021
- Our experience with Sunlux was great. The salesperson was knowledgeable and walked us through the process of selecting the right amount of panels for our roof. The design department worked with us through the permit and layout process. When the panels finally where installed about 6 weeks later we where very happy. The entire crew was very professional and well trained. Overall I would can recommend Sunlux to everyone. Thank you to the entire crew! GREAT JOB!Mike S. 10/25/2019
- We were in the market for a solar system from a company that was reliable and we could trust. After doing lots of research we asked Sunlux to be our solar provider. They were very honest with their prices (they were on one of the lowest) and their customer service has been excellent? Since we did not know a lot about solar systems, they educated us to be smart consumers and gave us options and choices that met our needs. We can truly say, we are very happy with Sunlux and would recommend them to others as well.Scott M. 2/18/2020
- I highly recommend Sunlux! They are honest, responsive, and very customer focused. Couldn't ask for a better company to work with. If you appreciate a company who honors their commitments without any hassle this is the company to hire. No third party installers. Employees are knowledgeable, polite, and will exceed your expectations. You can count on Sunlux to make things rightMiguel C. 6/09/2022
- I just had SunLux do my solar and had a very positive experience from our Project Manager, Alex van der Colff, Adam Cunningham and Mike Valencia.Charles D. 7/22/2022
Alex kept me in the loop throughout the entire process and communicated any delays and timelines to me via text and phone call. The install of the panels were clean and I even had my electric panel upgraded (which were all done within a day).
I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for solar. The experience exceeded my expectations.
- My wife and I are very happy with my Sunlux Solar System installed at our home in Cerritos, CA in Dec. 2017. SunLux handled everything. Their representative visited me and presented what systems could be installed. That was soon followed with an on-site visit by the professional installers to determine the specifics of the install. A specification document was then presented to us. All of the numbers were clearly laid out in an understandable way. The installation was completed in a couple days. The installers came, installed and left my property clean. The Project Manager spoke to me and explained what was done and what would follow. Inspection and approval followed and the system was turned on. Sunlux’s representative was available to answer questions at all times. Their Project Manager handled the paperwork. Documents were emailed to me to review, discuss and sign and email back. She was available to give me the status of the process at all times or would take the steps to clarify what was not known. Very helpful and knowledgeable. All contacts with Sunlux were professional and courteous. I would have Sunlux do it again and I have recommended Sunlux to my sister in-law and my next door neighborhood, homeowners.Pierre B. 3/13/2019
- Sunlux won the bid. Received quotations and inspections from three of the biggest solar companies.James A. 8/22/2018
Although the prices were similar, Sunlux was able to acquire a unique loan at an amazing interest rate. Also, they did not try to oversell the number of panels.
Installation was fast (4 hours), clean, and almost invisible. Looks great with no system problems in 3 months.
- We went through multiple solar companies comparing which one would be the best fit for us based on reviews, price, quality. SunLux was by far the best in their competitive price and being the only solar company to offer production guarantees. The process was smooth from the beginning to the end. I was notified once a week with updates regarding the installation, inspection and going live. Thank you, SunLux!Marie B. 8/06/2021
- We got solar for our home; this company was stellar to work with! The employees were very professional, they came and told us everything we needed to know and got it done in a very timely manner. Our electricity bill is next to nothing now! We are very happy with their service and the solar panels look very sleek! Would HIGHLY recommend Sunlux and wish we would have done this sooner!Rania U. 6/26/2022
- I've had a very positive experience with Sunlux. I feel they are an ethical company that stands by their word. There were some problems with employee turnover over the course of installing my system, so it ended up taking longer than it should have to get solar activated. I worked with Adam and Jessica to get compensated for my lost production. They were good to keep their word and worked hard to make things right. Now my Sunlux system is activated and my first bill was completely zeroed out. I was SO happy! Sunlux assessed my need and my difficult issue with a big tree that shades much of my house correctly. I'm very happy overall.Aimee C. 4/20/2020
- Sunlux has been an amazing from start to finish. We had an excellent consultation and build for our system based on our past year with the electric company. Everything that followed was on schedule and delivered as promised. We had an excellent project manager that kept us informed of a few schedule changes. (Current state of affairs and rain). The installers were friendly and had great attention to detail. Sunlux delivered everything promised and then some. Highly recommended!Bryan M. 4/09/2020
- I took bids from four other companies and I thought SunLux' salesman was professional and was persistent with his follow-up. He always had the answers or he came back with the answers, and their quote was competitively priced. He was able to give me the product that I was looking for, which was the Panasonic panels and the SolarEdge system. I have a certain kind of a roof called a TPO roof which is like a vinyl roof. And some companies would charge extra, some wouldn't, but he just acted like, "No big deal, we can take care of that." So it gave me confidence in him. I was in the final hours of making decision with another company and I changed, because I thought he was exceptional.And then once we signed the paperwork, I got passed off to a project manager and she was amazing. She is probably one of the best communicators. And if you've ever gone through construction yourself, it's usually not fun. All you ever want somebody to do, whether it's news you wanna hear or not, I just want them to be honest. Because nothing in construction is easy, right? Things happen. People don't show up for work, there's hidden damage, or suppliers, or short of stock. It's just the way the world is. But when somebody calls you up before you have to call them, to say, "Where are your people?", or when they call you up in advance and you're confident that they'll call you, no matter it's good or bad news, it makes the experience very enjoyable.The customer service person was one of the best I've ever encountered. I'm in the construction business. We run a service company, which is one of the largest in our field in Southern California. I wanted to steal her. And then, we had a few glitches at the end which is we just don't get wigged about because we knew if they were taking care of them, what else could you ask? Because you're not going to make an omelet without cracking a couple of eggs. And being in the construction business, it's just part of it. It's more not how you handle when everything goes right, it's how do you handle things when everything doesn’t go according to plan or right. She was exceptional on keeping things moving and staying in communication, good news or bad news. It's more important to communicate me when things aren't going to schedule.We haven't had a bill since the panels have been installed. We had a credit because we were doing what would they call a billing average plan where you pay a bit more during the winter to have a more billing through the summer months. About a month ago, we got a $435 rebate. That was because they took the excess they collected during the winter and figured that we're going to have solar panels that work during the summer. We had a bad inverter when we first started. It took SunLux a little while to figure it out that we had a problem. And then, they came out and fixed it right away. But it has been producing electricity for a month and a half.You're looking for somebody that makes your life easy. You can do your part, my part is to pay the money and to select the best vendor, and they made me look good in front of my wife, so what else would I want? You're more dealing with the person that's putting it up and a bit more hands-on guy, but I feel I made the right decision. And after going through the experience, you still have fond feelings of the company that you chose. In the construction business where things don't always go perfect, that's pretty good, if you still have good feeling and you're still glad that you chose the person you have. I would definitely recommend SunLux.Paul 5/12/2020
- I have a property in Mission Viejo and have a complicated 30 year clay tile roof. We contacted Sunlux, Sunpower, Sunrun and Tesla for solar panel quotes and Tesla for solar roof. Tesla took a couple of weeks to tell me that they will not install panels on clay tiles, designed an 11.4kw solar roof but placed 2.7 kw of active tiles on the north facing panes. I asked for a redesign 2 weeks ago and am still waiting. I don't think they can do it to be honest.P T. 2/16/2021
As far as solar panel quotes, Sunlux came out as the least expensive, the best system, the best warranty and will take care of replacing the underlayment for a very reasonable price so I don't have to call a separate roofer. Michael agreed to an upgrade from 2 layers of 30# felt to 2 layers of synthetic SBS-modified asphalt underlayment for the same price. Their system is based on state of the art high efficiency panels from LG with built-in microinverters so the 25 year manufacturer warranty includes the inverters (the most likely hardware to fail and only has a 10 year warranty from all the other installers). Unlike all the other installers, Sunlux offers a production guarantee of so many kwh/yr so they have a vested interest in monitoring the system output to watch for any failures or unexpected decrease in production. They also allow the customer to monitor system production down to the panel level so if any panel were to fail the installer and/or manufacturer warranty can be exercised. This is not possible with any system using string inverters such as Tesla.
Their roof leak warranty is 15 years instead of the industry standard 10 years. It's comforting to know although with 2 layers of SBS-modified asphalt underlayment I am not too worried.
Their customer service seems to be top notch from reading all the reviews on Yelp and Consumer Affairs. Their prices are very competitive. If you decide on Powerwall storage they will go the extra mile to apply for the SGIP program and get the state rebate for you. Highly recommended!
- SunLux is great. They called us to let us know there was an issue that needed fixing. Talk about being proactive!!!!! They came out and fixed the problem as it was an easy fix. But they went above and beyond and did some extra work to make sure that it wouldn't happen again. I am very please with them.Bob 2/26/2019
- I evaluated a few other vendors and the bottom line that came up was the pricing for the same product. Even though SunLux was 15% higher, based on the customer feedback, it looked like their system had more pros than cons. Their reps were very eager to keep all the work on schedule and when there was an inspection issue, they tried to get it resolved ASAP. But after everything was installed, it sounded like when I sent them some email, there was a lag on their response. Or maybe that was because the equipment is LG and they don't know the LG product too much.Other than that, the system looks pretty good from the outside and I'm happy with what I got. We're in Southern California, so we have most of the sunny day and I can really generate more electricity than what I consume. That's the goal and I don't care about how much I make from the solar. We are not abusing the electricity, but now, there’s less concern about using the electricity. I have 13 panels for about five kilowatts and even though that sounds less, the new product has high efficiency of generating the power. It's for a 22-square foot house and that's enough for me.Jung 6/10/2021
- Great company and great services. They worked with me through the entire project and made sure all my questions were answered. My electric company attempted to slow the process but Sun Lux keep me on pace and now I’m on solar and looking to enjoy a better electric bill. Would recommend this company to family and friendsReginald . 3/24/2019
- SunLux has been great to deal with. I found their prices to be super competitive. The install team did a great job. Had some challenges on the roof and with one call to customer service they had someone out the next day and had it resolved. I've been up for four months now and its performing as expected!Steven L. 5/01/2019
- We are in the process of having SunLux installed. I signed off on the approval and they were gonna request a permit from my city. It's all within the timeframe they told me it was gonna be. They've also been right on top of doing everything they said they are gonna do. Customer service has all gotten back to me right away and has been very helpful. So far, so good.Randy 12/05/2021
- They were very puctual and on time. The instalation was faster than i expected. Upgraded the electrical panel with top notch equipment. Patch up work was great too! They trenched the conduit from my detached garage in a day. Probably took 2 weeks and i was already hooked to edison and generating power. Good group of guys doing the install..couldnt ask for a better install for the first time going solar!Jack C. 1/02/2018
- Was very pleased that the owner reached out to help find a reasonable solution for both parties. Once the issue was explained, he made sure that the customer walked away happy and I think everyone wins with that in mind.Went with Sunlux to get a solar system to hook up an electric jacuzzi (that was a mistake right away, should not use electric to heat jacuzzi, not worth it at all, even with solar). I told the salesmen this was the purpose of installing solar, and he said great and led me down the path to obtain solar with Sunlux. My bill went through the roof once I started running my jacuzzi and after multiple attempts, no one at Sunlux is willing to help in anyway... they are literally in it just for the sale, don't waste your time and go with literally any other solar company!!! Also, if you are military, they don't offer any discounts, just FYI...Torry 5/11/2021
- My meeting with the sales representative was done online via Zoom and he was able to present the background of the company, options for the house, and an overview of the process, should I decide to move forward with them. He went through a basic design and potential, given my location, and gave an overall pricing review and the various guarantees associated with it. SunLux's warranties and guarantee seemed longer than some of the other solar providers around the area. I decided to move forward with them and go with the in-house financing for that.The purchase was fairly easy. Everything was done online, via phone calls, or through web meetings until they needed to come out and do an in-person project review to take a look at the site by one of the project managers. Between when the equipment was actually installed took a couple of weeks. The main holdup was the permitting process. Given the slowdowns with the city, that took a lot longer than we had anticipated. We were originally supposed to do the install in November and we didn't end up getting the approval to do it until early January.Once everything was installed, the city came out and did the inspection within a week. They were able to get the system approved and going. Then, the process with SoCal Edison was another two weeks at the outset. It took 10 days tops to get the permit to operate and go live. It's been live for about a month now and I wish that the app to monitor the production was better. These are LG panels so it's an LG app and the app doesn't work for the phone so I have to do it online. It's a cumbersome system. But the actual energy production seems to be on par. My first month's bill has come back, and it was like $20 from the Electric Company, which is pretty nice.Ana 2/16/2021
- I had a very pleasant experience with the rep of SunLux. He was very knowledgeable and he answered all of my questions to my satisfaction. When I went with the financing of my solar panels, I went with a different company, Sunrun so that means that SunLux still does not have the financing business 100%. It would greatly improve their company's products and service if they can finance customers on their own. But SunLux helped me through the financing process. The installation team was also very respectful. I knew what was going to go on and it went exactly as planned.Cesar 2/14/2021
- The staff and installers were very professional. The reason for 4.5 stars was due to the delay to add the protective netting. By the time the netting was installed (3 weeks later) the pigeons made a mess nesting under the panels. Although Sunlux took care of cleaning the panels, it could have been avoided if all the materials were ordered and onsite at the time the panels were installed. Not a deal breaker for me and I would recommend them to anyone!T C. 11/14/2017