southern california locations
Sunlux: a valencia solar energy company
Save Money on Your Rising Electric Bills and Help the Environment by Going Solar in Southern California
Talk to our experts now
Get a free, no-pressure consultation and start saving today!
start your solar journey with the best valencia solar company
SolarReviews.com rates us in the top 100!
What Sunlux solar customers say
Don't take our word for it. Read what our Southern California customers think about us.
- We looked at multiple companies for solar over a year. Sunlux was professional from the first point of contact. Between their customer service, installers and employees everyone was helpful and respectful. Getting solar was the best decision we made and I would highly recommend Sunlux.Kim H. 2/26/2020
- Customer service is important to me and SunLux proved that they have the best in the business. I had a problem with my solar system and all I had to do was make one phone call to them and they did the rest. The problem was fixed so swiftly that I didn't need to call them back for updates on the situation.Gino T. 2/28/2019
- We have had our solar with Sunlux for 8 months now. We are extremely happy with the solar production and customer service. Everybody I've talked to has been very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. Solar is a huge investment and I feel good knowing that Sunlux will be there for us for the long haul.Crissy 6/19/2020
- SunLux came highly recommended as an outstanding company for our solar needs, and they did not disappoint us! We wanted to add a battery backup unit to our existing solar system to prepare for power outages and emergencies. After doing our research and contacting a few solar companies we choose SunLux. They presented the most comprehensive plan, worked with us to make sure they met our needs and have a wonderful professional staff that made the entire process seamless. They made the installation a smooth experience, from securing permits and dealing with SCE for connection to the grid, it couldn't have been a better experience. The installers were professional, neat and experienced and had the system installed in a day. The few places they had to chip or cut away stucco were patched, repaired and blended in perfectly. SunLux facilitated our new battery backup system into our SolarEdge online monitoring account so we can monitor our entire system from anyplace. We highly recommend SunLux for any of your solar needs!Stacie K. 10/24/2019
- SunLux was great. Were there issues with the install? Yes. Is it normal to have a hiccup here and there? Yes. What made it great though was the communication by the office and the installers. They were all very professional and courteous. Even when the city no show canceled on their second reschedule for inspection SunLux did everything they could to get me back on the inspectors’ schedule. I have already recommended them to five friends that are looking to have solar installed. Thank you for being professional, communicating, and accommodating.Nicholas T. 1/16/2019
- I'm living in the desert. Solar energy is plentiful. It made more sense to go with it. SunLux had the Panasonic panels that I wanted. They sold the kind of panel that I thought was best. A friend of mine also had used them and liked them. I had done some comparison, and they came up with the best overall deal for what I was looking for. So far, the panels are working great, and I have nothing but good things to say. We bought the system outright. The installation was great. It took a bunch of guys like seven hours. They were very pleasant. They couldn't have been better.SunLux was, from the get-go, very easy to deal with. When we were waiting to get confirmation from the government agency that has to okay the installation, they kept me up to date. With COVID, people weren't responding as quickly as possible. But I would hear from their representative practically once a week saying, “Still haven't heard anything yet. We'll keep you posted.” It was not her fault but she certainly stayed on top of it. It was excellent customer service. SunLux, overall, is very professional, very communicative and they kept me informed. They got great customer service.Betty 2/09/2021
- SunLux quickly understood our needs and designed an appropriate system with quality components from the beginning. Competitors started their proposal with a lesser system with lower quality components. After weeks of working with a competitor, they came up with the exact same system as SunLux and at the same price. The main reason we liked SunLux is that we had roofing issues. Competitors wanted to sell a whole new roof while SunLux came up with a much less expensive solution.Timothy R. 7/21/2019
- I had an issue with our solar panel not producing any electricity so I called and left message for Garrett from Sunlux. Not only did he call me back the same day, but he basically diagnose the problem over the phone and sent someone from Sunlux to come to my house the next business day to confirm diagnosis that we had a bad inverter. A few hours later that day Garret called not only to schedule an install of the new inverter, but to my surprise he also said that because we were having problems with pigeons living under the solar panels that he would install critter guard to prevent the pigeons from going underneath the panels for no charge.Robert N. 10/28/2019
I would highly recommend Sunlux for their professionalism as well as their great customer service.
- Our experience with Sunlux was great. The salesperson was knowledgeable and walked us through the process of selecting the right amount of panels for our roof. The design department worked with us through the permit and layout process. When the panels finally where installed about 6 weeks later we where very happy. The entire crew was very professional and well trained. Overall I would can recommend Sunlux to everyone. Thank you to the entire crew! GREAT JOB!Mike S. 10/25/2019
- The way SunLux quoted and their pricing structure were very clear and upfront. I like the fact that they presented a consumer guide that they have to give you. It gives you all the rules and regulations and all the breakdown for getting solar. The other guys will give it to me eventually, but they didn't give it to me upfront. The SunLux reps were good and professional. We're all signed up. Right now, we're at the permitting process. Overall, everything SunLux has done has been good.Tate 12/28/2021
- SunLux kept me informed all the way through the purchase and installation process. I was informed of various changes in the status or things like when it went to permitting and when they were gonna come in and install or do the measurements. There was one day when I wasn't at the house as I was supposed to be and they turned up to do the initial survey. But we managed that remotely, which was wonderful because I didn’t have to leave work. From that point on, it was seamless.They had to put a new breaker box on the property and they had to take out the old one. They took out part of the outside wall to get the new one in but that couldn't be covered up or made good straightaway until the city had inspected it, which was going to be about two weeks. They covered it with an awning and it kept it all dry and safe. As soon as the city had inspected it, they came and made good, the wall. Right now, you couldn't even tell it had been taken apart. They did a great job.Paul 6/17/2021
- I recommend SunLux for solar without reserve. Electricity is getting more expensive and their customer ratings and working with them initially for the quotes helped me choose them. My panels got installed in December of 2019 and everyone I dealt with through the whole process, from beginning to end, was very professional. They took care of everything, and there were no surprises. It was exactly as they had advertised. The cost is great as well. I paid less than I expected.Scott 5/06/2020
- They scheduled a conference call where they would show me my options. The Sunlux rep explained everything about the system, how it works, gave me options and I selected. He was very knowledgeable. I felt very comfortable working with them. They went through the city and got the permit. They did everything for me, even the financing. They contacted me to a bank, they told me how much the bank is gonna charge me to get the financing. I did the math at home and it seems like everything works. Instead of paying $100 or $200 for the electric bill, if I use the same amount of energy or less, I will end up paying just the financing, which is $150. But only for six years, and then after that, the panels will be mine and I don't have to pay anymore. That's a good investment now. Especially since I will have an electric car.Christian 5/18/2022
- SunLux didn’t take that long with the installation. It only took about three days, though it took a little longer to go live. But it seemed like they did as good as they probably could working with Edison. Also, supposedly, I've been producing energy since the middle of May but so far, my Edison bill hasn't reflected it that much. They said it takes up to 90 days sometimes before they start giving your credit back. But it seemed like my consumption went down because I was producing power during the day.John 9/29/2021
- We were able to talk to three different representatives from three different companies, and the guy from Sunlux happened to be a gentleman. He came across as knowledgeable, and he went out of his way to check on things and verify pricing. I used to work in the public utility industry, and there was a discount that was available for people who work in the public utility industries that I didn't know about. The guy from Sunlux was very helpful, kind, polite, and professional, and seemed to have a sense of integrity because he made and kept his promises.Sunlux has done the inspection, planning and engineering. At this point, they're still getting hold of the local utility because they're gonna have to upgrade the panels. They haven't installed it yet, but I anticipate that it's going to be everything I expect. I don't expect miracles from solar, but I expect that it will provide me with a lot of energy throughout the course of owning the house and provide most, if not all, of my needs as we go along.We went with three of the top companies, and out of the choices that we had, Sunlux has been easily one of the best experiences. They've been fair, and as far as equitable, they've hit the price ranges that everybody else has. Nobody's given me super discounts, but Sunlux has been really personal, too. I even got contacted by one of the owners at one point because there was a misunderstanding. Their customer service and their regular service is top notch. I would absolutely recommend them.Evan 3/22/2022
- Sunlux has been great from the start of my exploration into solar to the install and support after. They were honest and upfront with charges, changes, schedules, etc. I got everything I was looking for in the build and the overall outcome of the install was perfect. After a year production was over what was projected so really great work overall by the Sunlux team.Nick T. 6/03/2020
- Sunlux won the bid. Received quotations and inspections from three of the biggest solar companies.James A. 8/22/2018
Although the prices were similar, Sunlux was able to acquire a unique loan at an amazing interest rate. Also, they did not try to oversell the number of panels.
Installation was fast (4 hours), clean, and almost invisible. Looks great with no system problems in 3 months.
- I am so happy with my Sunlux experience! After going through the process I would definitely choose them again without hesitation. I initially reached out to Tesla Solar, which seemed great at first. We had a good initial meeting, the proposal looked good, and the gentleman that did my inspection was so nice. Then everything went sideways. After my inspection the initial estimate went up $8,500 for additional costs. I called my local utility company to verify what Tesla Solar was telling me was needed. My utility company sent someone to my house to inspect and verified it was not needed. Suddenly, I had a hard time getting a hold of my Project Manager at Tesla and the engineers could not agree on the requirements. Every few weeks they would just send me an email asking if I had signed the documents yet. They didn’t want to discuss what the utility company said. That is when I called other companies, including Sunlux. My sales contact, Rob M*******, worked with me and answered all of my questions. After reviewing the proposals, I researched the equipment on each proposal. The pricing was all competitive, but the equipment Sunlux quoted was far superior and the reviews were great. That is when I signed with Sunlux. Everyone I talked to, emailed, or that came to our house was friendly, professional, and overly polite. From my Project Manager, Emma S******, to the techs sent to our house for installation and inspections, everyone was knowledgeable and amazing. Emma kept me informed every step of the way and I did my part by emailing or calling when I had questions. Every email or call was responded to quickly. If someone did not know the answer to my question, they would have someone call me with the answer right away. Every inspection was passed easily. They submitted everything for me and made the whole process seamless. My solar system was turned on today and I am excited to see the kW it started producing right away. I will be referring everyone to Sunlux!PAGE M. 7/30/2019
- All the representatives were courteous and professional. They did a real good job. They were quick and efficient in installing the solar panels and equipment inside. My neighbors all said they did it pretty fast. Going solar helped me out tremendously so far because I put a pool in my backyard and it made a difference.E. 2/26/2021
- Sunlux Stands behind their word.Michael R. 10/07/2021
After a year with having panels there was some questions about my SCE bill and the production of my system. Spoke with Michael Valencia and he went above and beyond to resolve my problem. He took the time to explain exactly what was going on. Sunlux made it right, you can't ask anything more from a company. I would highly recommend Sunlux as your solar company.
- The process was simple. Sunlux sends you the contract and you paperless sign all the documents. The price just couldn't be matched. Also, everyone in every stage has been very good at responding back to questions. Most recently, they told me that they don't have the panels that we have agreed upon to install. We're in the process of reselecting different panels for a rooftop. It's been great.Ismael 10/28/2022
- I selected four different companies and I interviewed all four. The salesman for SunLux was more knowledgeable simply because he had more years of experience in the field. I felt comfortable with that. I liked their warranty because it made me feel comfortable that they're going to be around to repair things if something goes wrong. They're not a company that I perceive is going to close up shop tomorrow. I was very impressed by their entire presentation and everything thus far has followed suit. They present things in a very organized way that a consumer who's not all that knowledgeable about solar can understand.Their pricing structure also made a lot of sense. They analyzed our bills. They looked at our roof. They made comments on what would need to be done, and then put together a structure that made sense for me. He told me the options and then he connected me to the bank that they use to finance, and they took over from there. We're in the beginning phases. They did their inspection. Now, it's gone to their engineering department. Once their engineering department analyzes all the data, then the rep will come back to me and say, “We need to increase or decrease the panels."Emmett 2/23/2022
- Going with Sunlux, I felt like there was less dealing with middlemen and I felt more comfortable. Everything was great during the signup and Edison came out and did their thing, which was all good. The only thing is I'm old school so I don't always like email stuff but everybody goes through email. I would rather they call me. But for the most part, I'm fine with it.Keone 11/05/2022
- I did my due diligence by speaking with three different companies since I've had my share of issues with home contractors. From the initial sales pitch-person, to the final installation, Sunlux was great to work with. Being an engineer, I had some suggestions that would make an easier and cleaner install. They listened to my inputs and made adjustments. The install technicians were top notch. They were on-time, skilled, and really paid attention detail giving me the aesthetic look and electrical production that I was hoping for. Thank you again for being such a great company and doing such a fantastic job - I really appreciate how easy it was to get this done. Please don't change the way you are doing business - you have it all right!Martin 2/25/2021
- It took time to get answers to my questions, but installation was quick and painless. My supposedly local installation was manned, and very well, by a guy in Austin. I repeatedly asked if the panels would have to be cleaned and they said no, until a letter from the Manager a month later. But now a $50 electric bill instead of $488. Good.Sara 9/17/2021
- On the telephone, the Sunlux customer service reps were great. They answered all my questions. They worked with me. They did what I wanted them to do. They made it work under my conditions. Overall, Sunlux was very educational. I knew nothing and then two weeks later, I feel like my head was gonna explode. I knew too much. So, they were very informative. What I liked was the person I worked with was not a salesperson. He was an engineer. So, he explained technical things, but I had to make him explain them a couple of times because I was new. So, he went over and over until I got it.Dorlene 1/27/2022
- Our servers were shutting down all the time, and so we were losing a lot of data every time they shut down. One of the solutions was to get solar and we were already looking into solar, so it kind of worked out. SunLux was a recommendation. Their representatives were very responsive. Installation took less than a week, but it was pretty smooth. The cost of the service is fairly competitive. Go for SunLux.Takashi 6/30/2021
- We went through multiple solar companies comparing which one would be the best fit for us based on reviews, price, quality. SunLux was by far the best in their competitive price and being the only solar company to offer production guarantees. The process was smooth from the beginning to the end. I was notified once a week with updates regarding the installation, inspection and going live. Thank you, SunLux!Marie B. 8/06/2021
- I was looking into a few different companies and went with SunLux. Not only was the price right, but the experience and knowledge that SunLux has been around a lot longer than the rest of these companies weighed big on who we were going to choose. The process so far has been pretty smooth. They've been very communicative.Josh 10/31/2021
- I'm still waiting for installation, and the process up to this point, Sunlux has been fantastic to work with. They keep me informed via email once a week through the process of what they're doing and where we're at. I just got an email yesterday from them letting me know that I need to contact Edison to unlock my meter so they can derate my panel.Charles 2/16/2023
- I usually don’t take the time to write reviews. However, this time I decided to do it because it is important for people to know how great Sunlux is. We began our search for solar companies when we bought our house about year and a half ago. We met with many different companies but we noticed that they weren’t truthful and they were only interested in making a sale. We were ready to sign a contract with the only company we believed to be honest, when we were referred to Sunlux. They were absolutely magnificent! They were honest and straightforward from the beginning, went above and beyond our expectations and were prompt and so helpful. They took care of absolutely everything; they even provided same day installation. They were very professional and left the area cleaner than they found it. We have now had the panels for about a month and are beyond pleased with the continued service and professionalism given by the company.Diana O. 5/28/2020
- Highly recommended, especially if you think you got roofing issues.Simon L. 6/23/2020
I'm glad I didn't give up on my solar project because I almost did. Back in 2019, I was ready to move ahead with the project and went to energysage.com get quotes. I've had over 10 quotes and I actually even signed up with another installer at the time (not SunLux) and started the project. Then shortly after the project started I was told they discovered my roof had issues so the project was cancelled. I cancelled in part 1) the installer didn't do roofing and I didn't want to deal with multiple contractors and 2) the unexpected cost in the project.
And apparently, the installer wasn't too excited about either, it seem. I guess most installers out there just want the easy installs but that's not the real world out there.
I all but had given up. Then 6 months later I decided I give it another try and recalled Sunlux had given me a quote prior but never followed up on it. Explained my situation to Tracy, my Sunlux consultant and he said my roof issue can be handled by Sunlux. He was very responsive to my needs, customized a system that I want and even had a great suggestion on the panel placement. How it looks is as important as the power for me. All that within my budget.
So with contract signed, this is typically where most solar project fall apart (right?) and this is what I heard from my neighbors with their solar project from a different installer.
Nope, not with Sunlux. The project moved quickly and it stayed that way. I got coordinated with the project manager Jennifer and she made sure all my concerns were addressed. Even with Covid, the project took no more than 3 months and the bulk of the wait is with permitting. It only took 2 days for roofing and other 2 days for the panel install.
Very happy with the overall install experience, pricing, and service. On top of it, I had only had to deal with one contractor for both solar and roofing. Highly recommended!
- Great experience. The solar consultant I spoke with, Fernando Cano, was extremely knowledgeable. Fernando helped lay out a couple of possible custom tailored solar plans for my home which included details about overall cost, expected kilowatt hours accumulated by the panels, my own power needs, etc. It was informative and all of my questions/concerns were answered. I can't say that about the other companies I spoke with.Travis A. 9/16/2021
If you're going to go solar go with Sunlux.
- I have just received my *PERMISSION TO OPERATE* from Southern California Edison confirming that my Self-Generation Facility is Interconnected to SCEs Electric Grid, ie my solar system can now export energy to the SCE grid and I get credit for it. This project started about 4 months ago when I finally settled on choosing SunLux Energy to install a Solar Energy System. Having talked to and discarded several companies before, I was impressed by what SunLux had to offer: a top quality system, very flexible configurations, multiple options, battery backup, and a great warranty covering roof leaks as well as their equipment. The SunLux Sales Representative, Ben Carton, was as pleasant as he was professional. Working from a few typical SCE monthly statements he came up with a configuration that would produce my average electric consumption plus a safety margin, along with a battery backup component to keep our choice of devices powered on in case of a power outage. The equipment itself is made by SolarEdge, an excellent solar energy products manufacturer, and by LG. The decision was easy, the mantle was passed to the Project Manager, Raul Rodriguez, who promptly set up an installation schedule which the installation crew stuck to. This crew was very professional and very diligent. 27 panels were installed in one day even though my roof is of an unconventional metal type. (Since the installation was completed we had a strong wind event and a couple of very stormy days with an unusual amount of rain, but no leaks and not a single panel budged.) At the completion of the installation, the mantle was passed to the SunLux Customer Service Manager, Garrett Kramer, who managed the setup, testing, monitoring and transfer of the system to me. To me, the quality of a system has as much to do with the quality of support as with the system itself. Working with Garrett was, and continues to be, a real pleasure. He is always available, he is patient, he responds to issues very promptly, often before I am even aware that there is an issue. He also guided the application to get the system interconnected to the SCE grid, which was finally approved last week. I am very happy with my SunLux system and would strongly recommend SunLux to anybody in the market for a top-notch solar energy system.Waguih B. 6/28/2019
- The entire Sunlux team has been incredible from start to finish. During the sales presentation, there was no uncomfortable up selling or pressure by Chris. The installation process managed by Jen was seamless, and whenever there was an issue (all issues were minor) she took considerable effort to ensure our care and solve the problem. The roof and the panels look fabulous and they are producing as expected - we couldn’t be happier!! We received 3 other quotes for the project and Sunlux beat the competition in every category, which actually made me a bit nervous, but after going through the whole project, I am blown away that they exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Sunlux and Troy Roofing for any project you might have. Thanks Garrett and the entire Sunlux crew!!Scott M. 7/08/2020
- Starting with initial consultation to installation with SunLux was real smooth. There was a little glitch with county inspection, but SunLux technicians took care of the issue. I was well informed about each stage of the process. Whole process took less than 3 months which is shorter than what I expected. Everyone from SunLux that I dealt were as pleasant as they we're professional. I am happy with my decision to go with SunLux.Myung Y. 11/20/2019
- The entire Sunlux team has been incredible from start to finish. During the sales presentation, there was no uncomfortable upselling or pressure by Chris. The installation process managed by Jen was seamless, and whenever there was an issue (all issues were minor) she took considerable effort to ensure our care and solve the problem. The roof and the panels look fabulous and they are producing as expected - we couldn’t be happier!! We received 3 other quotes for the project and Sunlux beat the competition in every category, which actually made me a bit nervous, but after going through the whole project, I am blown away that they exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Sunlux and Troy Roofing for any project you might have. Thanks Garrett and the entire Sunlux crew!!Scott 7/08/2020
- Starting with initial consultation to installation with SunLux was real smooth. There was a little glitch with county inspection, but SunLux technicians took care of the issue. I was well informed about each stage of the process. Whole process took less than 3 months which is shorter than what I expected. Everyone from SunLux that I dealt were as pleasant as they we're professional. I am happy with my decision to go with SunLux.Myung Y. 11/20/2019
- I worked with Mark and didn't get the best impression of him at first. He talks a lot, and I’m more "get to the point". He was persistent and kept matching with other offers I was receiving. We signed with someone else but he didn’t give up. Eventually, he gained my trust. We have a set date for the installation but I have a concern right now. We don’t have the second payment and there’s a late fee for it. Right now, we’re trying to get a HELOC but they're delaying it. I’m concerned if they will commit to the late fee, or will they give us a grace period to get this resolved. Things have changed with COVID and they're not as accommodating to us. We need to sign papers and they're about an hour away. We're gonna see if they'll wait later for us to sign after we get off work. They are not willing to send somebody to us. The guy took Thursday off, and I don't think he was willing to let somebody else handle it. He’s putting us in a really tight bind. We have to sign by Friday in order to meet that deadline. But we've been in contact with someone from Texas and there have been a lot of long pauses, but when a deadline needs to be hit, she’s on it. I have my mom’s house next. Assuming this goes down well, we’ll be doing it again with SunLux.Carlos 12/01/2021
- I just had SunLux do my solar and had a very positive experience from our Project Manager, Alex van der Colff, Adam Cunningham and Mike Valencia.Charles D. 7/22/2022
Alex kept me in the loop throughout the entire process and communicated any delays and timelines to me via text and phone call. The install of the panels were clean and I even had my electric panel upgraded (which were all done within a day).
I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for solar. The experience exceeded my expectations.
- I kept on going back and forth and wavering if it was something I wanted to spend that much money on, if I wanted to come out of pocket and pay for it or if I just wanted to finance it. Finally, I thought of financing it, and once I made my decision, everything after that went fast. The people did a good job with the installation. One of the screens was broken so they had to replace that. There was one decision they had where they thought they could move a couple panels, wasn't in the right place, so they called and got the approval through their people and then me about it. I told them if they figure it will be better in this location then that's fine so they moved everything and set it up really quickly.From the beginning, know how many panels you really need. I expressed that to the guy I was working with. When I looked at everything, it seemed like the amount of panels I got is what I really need, so he developed the system perfectly, above and beyond what I thought. When I look at the charts, I'm producing 33% more than the average people. Once summer hits, I’ll produce a lot more.Timothy 5/14/2021
- Sunlux has been very diligent. Everything is transparent. They've tried to accommodate a lot of the questions and concerns that I've had. They don't promise everything, but they provide you with the details. The gentleman who explained the details to me had a very detailed presentation. It took a lot of time but it explained a lot of things. I'm still in the middle of trying to finalize how we're gonna be approaching the project. We're making sure that the roof is able to handle that added load and that we don't have to remove the panels 5, 10 years from now to fix leaks.James 5/26/2022
- I went through several solar companies comparing and contrasting which one would be the best suite for me based on the following; reviews, price, quality and longevity. SunLux was by far the best in their competitive price and being the only solar company to offer Panasonic panels. The process was smooth from the beginning to the end. I was was notified once a week to twice a week receiving up to date status regarding the installation, inspection and going live. Thank you, SunLux!Ernie A. 8/15/2018
- From start to finish Sunlux was on it. The process was so easy! Most of it done by email, phones and computer. Everyone I talked to gave me their cell phone number and their email address where I could reach out if I had any questions. One Sunday night after hours, I received an email I was very concerned about so I called 1 phone number and left a message. I thought no body will call me back and I tried another number and no answer. Then emailed a couple of people. My phone stared ringing off the hook from Sunlux people returning my phone call. They eased my worries about the email I had received. I was impressed with their after hours response. They followed through with everything they said they would do and I appreciate that so much! My neighbor went with another company before we signed with Sunlux and she is still not completed. I highly recommend Sunlux for anyone thinking about going solar.Shelly C. 10/16/2019
- It's been good with Sunlux. We're trying to get to the design stage. After that, they have to send that over to the engineers to lay out of a building plan then send that over to my HOA for approval. The only thing is the last quote that I got was a little bit over what I thought it was gonna be. I've been meaning to reach out to someone about that.Carlos 2/18/2023
- I've had a very positive experience with Sunlux. I feel they are an ethical company that stands by their word. There were some problems with employee turnover over the course of installing my system, so it ended up taking longer than it should have to get solar activated. I worked with Adam and Jessica to get compensated for my lost production. They were good to keep their word and worked hard to make things right. Now my Sunlux system is activated and my first bill was completely zeroed out. I was SO happy! Sunlux assessed my need and my difficult issue with a big tree that shades much of my house correctly. I'm very happy overall.Aimee C. 4/20/2020
- I'm impressed with SunLux. They had a good warranty on their stuff and I liked the way they approached us. The representative answered all my questions. And then, the installers did the installation pretty quick. When I got home from work, everything was done. They were done by 4 o'clock. It took two days. One for the installation of the panels, another day for the panel box itself. I had an issue with the breaker popping two or three times. SunLux came out and fixed it on that same day I called. Also, if I need to talk to them, if I couldn’t exactly talk to the person I need to talk to, they would pass the message on to their supervisor and they would call me right away. I have told other people that I have SunLux.Gary 2/28/2021
- I shopped for Solar around with 5 Solar companies and decided to go with Sunlux. Their prices were the best amongst all. My experience with Sunlux was very pleasant from start to finish. My sales rep, Ralph Funk has been very positive all the way. He is knowledgeable and was very prompt with communication every time I had a question. I never felt pushed in getting solar. The project managers Sarah and Karissa were also very friendly and helpful. They would always be on top of everything when I had questions or concerns. Every step in the installation process was scheduled very quickly. It only took the installers 3-4 hours to put my solar system. The installers were efficient and respectful. I am very satisfied with my solar installation and would definitely recommend Sunlux to my anyone who is looking to get solar.Sung W. 2/01/2018
- My wife and I did a lot of research on the very many solar companies servicing our area. We decided on Sunlux. We met with Mike Valencia and went over the numbers. Not only was Sunlux the lowest pricing while offering the most servicing, but Mike's integrity was refreshing. Other companies that submitted a bid included an additional ten panels at significant extra cost. When I asked Mike why his bid reflected less panels, he explained that in the late afternoon our neighbor's palm tree cast enough shade that the additional cost would not be worthwhile.Michael T. 1/15/2020
The installation crew finished up in one day, taking their mess with them. I have had minimal problems that have been addressed right away.
We are very happy with Sunlux and highly recommend them to those interested in upgrading their home with solar
- We talked with a couple of companies. There was a company where we started to move towards the design phase but the design really did not accommodate our home. We have a Spanish-style home and part of it has a flat roof. Another part is tiled out roofing with classic clay tiles. We wanted to make sure that the investment was going to yield the savings we were seeking. If they were putting in solar and there was not enough solar panels to offset the cost of paying the utility company, it didn't make any sense. They didn't seem to have an alternative. Also, there wasn't any consistency in contact with the customer service so we decided to hold off on that.We called a local radio host. He's a designer and does construction of homes in California. He has lots of great tips. I said, "Surely, there has to be these panels that have evolved to be smaller, but more powerful." Technology is evolving at least every three years, if not yearly. He recommended SunLux and they're an advertiser. I liked his advice and gave SunLux a call. The engineer or the tech expert walked us through the different products and what decisions we needed to make. We are under the pandemic and it was very easy to show some of the options for us. They had a picture of our house so we could see where the panels might go on our roofing.From there, they had a financing option that worked really well for us. Every step of the way, the management of the project was well done. There was someone we could contact to help us to be ready for each stage. Everyone was courteous and very professional. That coordinator, Erica, made such a difference in keeping us apprised of what was going on. There was the ease of the financing. They gave us some options of a Tesla battery at the time. There was also LG and the products they offered were state of the art, which was what we were looking for. We had to make some modifications to the solar panels but SunLux was able to put all the solar panels on our roofing. The modification required them to have some of the panels that would come right at the edge of the roof. We were concerned about that because the way they put those panels in, you walk to our house and you cannot see those panels. I see some people around my neighborhood who have gotten solar panels and when you walk to their house, there are these hideous panels that are right at the front door. It disrupts the aesthetic of the home. SunLux was able to make the adjustment and they did not have to do a hanging. They were able to work with the roof and reconfigure things. It's lovely. We retained the style of our Spanish home. The architectural integrity was important to us. And in handling all the permits, we really put ourselves in SunLux's hands and they competently accomplished each step. We are very happy with SunLux and really glad to recommend them. They're topflight and they live up to their reputation.When making a purchase of solar panels, you want to have the right company to know what you want and know how the company manages the process. Their communications and their customer support are absolutely key to guide you through the process. There's a permitting process but how does the company handle it? How professional and courteous are they in communications with you frequently so you know every step of the way? This is the process that SunLux used and gave us confidence.Peggy 3/23/2021
- We took over 6 months deciding whether to go with solar and who to go with. We ended up with SunLux because of their warranties, everything is done in house and price. They were very patient with us while we made our decision. The installation went very smoothly. We are enjoying seeing a credit to our Edison bill.Sasha T. 6/28/2019
- Extremely happy with the entire process! We did a lot of research and received numerous proposals. I am very glad I went with Sunlux! Every single person I came in contact with was courteous, knowledgeable and professional. We also had Sunlux repair our roof prior to installing the solar panels. We knew it needed fixing and they gave us a great price. Other companies had tried to talk us into a whole new roof, which was completely unnecessary! We worked with Chris Adams, he is fantastic. Give him a call if you are considering going solar, you won't regret it! The installation was clean and efficient from start to finish and the crew was very respectful of my home and the fact that I was working out of my house while they were here. Highly recommend Sunlux!Heather C. 8/26/2019
- I highly recommend Sunlux Solar. I contracted with Sunlux for 34 panels and a new roof a little over 3 months ago. I am extremely pleased with both my solar panel installation and my new roof. My salesperson (Chris) was very honest, informative and professional. There was no sales pressure at all. He explained the entire project in detail and satisfactorily answered all my questions. He was extremely patient with me when I called him numerous times with questions I had pertaining to my internet solar research I conducted as I was educating myself on solar. I got several quotes prior to choosing Sunlux. Although Sunlux was a little more expensive than others (not much), I chose Sunlux because of the professionalism Chris displayed and because they are a large professional company who is dedicated to customer service. I believe in "you get what you pay for" and I am extremely pleased with Sunlux, as I got much more than I paid for. I am very happy I chose them for my project. My project manager (Berlyn) was outstanding. She was constantly communicating with me by either phone, email or text. She kept me apprised of every step of the project and was always responsive to me whenever I called her. She always got back to me immediately. She was professional, polite, informative and defiantly dedicated to customer service. She always made sure I knew what was happening, kept me in the loop, and that I was pleased. It was a pleasure working with Berlyn. The project took a little over 3 months to complete, but that was due to permitting issues and not the fault of Sunlux. None the less, Berlyn was in constant contact with the building authorities and moved things right along. The installers were very professional, polite and defiantly demonstrated pride in their work. The installation was clean, seamless and it looks fantastic. All the electrical is hidden in my attic and out of sight (except for my inverter). My roofer was Troy Roofing who was subcontracted through Sulux. Although I am not a fan of subcontractors, Sunlux changed my opinion about subcontractors. They were in contact with the roofer the entire time and I never had to deal with the roofer directly. Troy Roofing did an exceptional job on my roof. The guys worked 3 hard long days in 100 degree weather. They demonstrated pride in their work and they did an excellent job. I highly recommend Troy Roofing. In summary, I am extremely pleased with Sunlux Solar and the outstanding job they did. They totally exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend them for your solar project. You will not regret it. I commend their staff Chris (my salesperson) for his professionalism and honestly. There were no surprises. Moreover, I commend Berlyn (my project manager) for commitment to customer service, her professionalism and her organizational skills. She was on top of my project every step of the way and she was a pleasure to work with. AlAl L. 8/19/2020
- When I talked to the SunLux representative, he was very informative. He talked to me to get me exactly what I was looking for. So, it really worked out. Because of COVID, a lot of our interactions were mostly over the phone and emailing back and forth, but he was very quick to respond to me. He covered a lot of good options, and I was able to make a good decision with the options he gave me. Unfortunately, it's not a smooth process for anybody. I don't think any company would have done better. Any delays and stuff that we had were really from our city. It wasn't really from SunLux themselves. They did really good.We went with 16 panels. From talking to my agent, we looked at what I used the prior year. Then, he gave me a recommendation. From there, I gave him my input. We decided that 16 was going to be adequate for my house. The panels were just turned on like halfway through the cycle. I noticed that I am taking in a lot of energy from the sun because I monitor it through my LG app. But I haven't really seen a bill with it in full effect for the whole month. So, from what I've seen right now, it's right on track to pretty much close to get me to almost no energy consumption from the grid. It's doing what I wanted it to do. So, so far, I'm pretty happy with it. The only little thing was when the installers came, I didn't like the way something was done and I asked them to fix it. They said, “Oh, it’s not going to be an issue. Don't worry about it.” I felt like, “I'm the owner. I'm the guy. I just want you to tweak this to the left a little bit. Just tweak it to the left a little bit.” It wasn't anything emergent. It was just a conduit connection to one of the panels. My concern was that it was a little bit crooked and they didn't have a good seal. He checked it. He said it had a good seal. But I just felt like it was petty. I just felt like if I was the tech, I would have been like, “You know what? If you want to straight, I'll put it straight. You're the guy.” They left it like that. I haven't had any issues with it but I keep my eye on it. Other than that, I do recommend SunLux. My neighbors have been asking, so I've been giving them their number. I need to put them in my referral since I can get credits.Carlos 6/15/2021
- I picked Sunlux for solar to install on my elderly parents house. This was after 5 other quotes. Price was the best. From signing contract to power up was better than imagined. Even with weather delays (wet in socal this year) they got past the delays. Customer service is fantastic. They know how to design a system. I recommend them highly.Ronald J. 6/12/2019
- We are producing clean energy!Mike I. 3/09/2021
When we decided to go solar, our most important decision was to go with a company that would stand behind their work, the products they installed, and provide unparalleled customer service. After researching many companies we decided to go with Sunlux, and we are glad we did.
We believe the true test of a company shows up when "hurdles" are thrown at them... Demands from solar panel manufacturers onto solar companies making solar panel sourcing difficult, to working with "demanding" city permitting and building & safety departments, and of course the whole Covid-19 issue that everyone has had to deal with. Through it all, Sulux had our back.
I can't speak for the city you live in, but I would say by far, working though our city's permitting and building & safety departments were the most challenging aspect of our project. Our city has the most nit-picky reviewers, which at times I believe that their goal is to reject, reject, and then reject again, solar plans, all while our contractor (Sunlux) is doing their best to provide corrections, updates, and information requested by our city's permitting departments. Sunlux hung in there, and got our system approved (which was no small feat!)
Once approved, it took about two months to get an installation date (the whole industry is currently being "pounded" with everyone trying to go solar to take advantage of the tax credit). Once we got our installation date, our system was installed in two days, then it was city inspected and passed 22 days later, then it was commissioned the following day, and we have been producing clean energy ever since!
From the system design and options selection process (thank you Jerry Hong) through coordination and oversite of our project (thank you Berlyn Yamas), Sunlux as a company kept us informed, responded to our city's numerous requests for design details and specifications, and kept us on track even through these "Covid times". All personnel that we contacted were safety conscious, respectful of our home and property, and most of all considerate. We would not hesitate to recommend Sulux to anyone considering a solar system, they are truly a standup company!
- Sunlux is super professional. They installed our solar within 2 days of the approved permit. Our Project Manager Erika Garcia is super efficient and responsible. I had an issue with the power on Friday night after the installation and sent her an email at 12:17 AM midnight. The tech shows up at my door the next morning at 8AM. When I saw the tech, I am speechless with their service. Jerry Hong is my sales representative, very knowledgeable about the solar, and usually, reply to my text in a minute. He even helps me take some pictures of the solar panel with his drone. I would like to give them 6 stars! I never have this kind's positive experience with any construction projects.Steve W. 7/14/2020
- Fantastic experience. The solar consultant I spoke with, Fernando **, was extremely knowledgeable. Fernando helped lay out a couple of possible custom tailored solar plans for my home which included details about overall cost, expected kilowatt hours accumulated by the panels, my own power needs, etc. It was informative and all of my questions/concerns were answered. I can't say that about the other companies I spoke with. If you're going to go solar go with Sunlux.travis 9/17/2021
- Sunlux has done everything they said they were gonna do and they responded to every question I've had. Their contract was very detailed and it included the requirements that the law required. I'm fully clear about everything that is going on and how it's happening. It's been about a three-week process so far. We're in the engineering process awaiting a final design and plan. Everything's going as scheduled, as planned, as expected, and as they describe it to me.Steven 2/19/2023
- Please do your solar system research homework. I spent almost 8 years researching and interviewing prospective solar installers and finally settled on Sunlux Energy Inc. My installation was one of the first to use both solar and battery systems. This install was tough going at first, however, Sunlux provided on-going support throughout the entire process. In fact, Sunlux continues to provide great support to this day. My first yearly bill indicated that SCE owed me. Wow! Now that's a smoking solar/battery system. Kudos to Sunlux Energy Inc.Anthony G. 2/08/2019
- The communication is not bad, but there's opportunity there. Sometimes it isn't clear. Everybody seems to wanna depend on emails to communicate. For something like this, a lot of times, it's better if they call 'cause there were some things I started that seem to go differently than what I was told it was gonna go.Aaron 2/17/2023
- I highly recommend Sunlux! They are honest, responsive, and very customer focused. Couldn't ask for a better company to work with. If you appreciate a company who honors their commitments without any hassle this is the company to hire. No third party installers. Employees are knowledgeable, polite, and will exceed your expectations. You can count on Sunlux to make things rightMiguel C. 6/09/2022
- I really like my interactions with Sunlux, and I’m very happy. Mark, who was my person, was really informative. I priced at least one other company, and their price and product look much better than what I saw from another company. We're just in the process to get the panels installed, and Sunlux's estimate is three months from beginning to end. They did the site audit, and right now, their engineers are drawing up a plan, then they submit those to the city. The city then comes and inspects, then they say if we have to change or fix something, and once it's approved, Sunlux will start to do the install. They also have to get it hooked up to the grid. So, there's a process with Southern California Edison.Eve 7/30/2022
- The rep answered all my questions and was patient. It took us weeks back and forth because I wasn't tenacious on signing a contract. I reviewed the proposals, asked more questions and he supported the whole process. We're at the early stage of the project, getting approvals, and I'm comfortable with the decision I made. I evaluated two other companies and felt SunLux was the right choice for us. I would tell friends that it's definitely one of the companies they should evaluate before making a decision.Tim 1/01/2022
- I evaluated a few other vendors and the bottom line that came up was the pricing for the same product. Even though SunLux was 15% higher, based on the customer feedback, it looked like their system had more pros than cons. Their reps were very eager to keep all the work on schedule and when there was an inspection issue, they tried to get it resolved ASAP. But after everything was installed, it sounded like when I sent them some email, there was a lag on their response. Or maybe that was because the equipment is LG and they don't know the LG product too much.Other than that, the system looks pretty good from the outside and I'm happy with what I got. We're in Southern California, so we have most of the sunny day and I can really generate more electricity than what I consume. That's the goal and I don't care about how much I make from the solar. We are not abusing the electricity, but now, there’s less concern about using the electricity. I have 13 panels for about five kilowatts and even though that sounds less, the new product has high efficiency of generating the power. It's for a 22-square foot house and that's enough for me.Jung 6/10/2021
- I spend several months researching and getting quotes from multiple solar contractors.Moises R. 11/07/2019
Let me tell you it was a big learning experience. At the end I decided to go with Sunlux.
They give me the best price and best guarantee than the other three solar companies for the system I was looking for.. They really took care of me and made the most effort to earn my business. Another key factor was their customer reviews. The process was smooth and very professional. Their installers where also very professional and pay attention to detail, taking my input and answering any questions I had.
I'm so glad I went with Sunlux.
- SunLux was great to work with. Rob ** was a great sales person who explained everything in detail, answered all questions promptly, was available by text even when the job was passed to our team manager, Jennifer. Jennifer ** was always on point with statuses and updates. The financing was handled through them with good rates and options. Much better financing than competitors. The install and roofing went smoothly and when I wanted something fixed quickly they handled it. Our solar install looks amazing and better than the neighbors. I have referred them to others as well. Thank you SunLux!Jessica 2/25/2021
- The rep had everything presented through a PowerPoint thing. He showed me everything on the computer like how I can either through the phone or the computer and track the panels if they are all functioning. I can track how much it’s doing a day. He said, “If you wanted to see individual panels, you can actually click on this and it will show you that everything’s working, or if something's not, what panel isn't.” For every question I had, he was able to walk me through it. It was pretty simple and I could trust him right away. It was a good experience. When I requested a few changes, the rep was able to help me with it right away. The only thing on my end is I haven't made the time to call in and try to get the system set up. While I was going through the process, I talked to my regional manager about SunLux and he ended up getting it too. Even though he started his process two weeks later, he got his a couple of days before I did. It’s no big deal though. He just got lucky in the timing.Carlos 2/17/2021
- SunLux is great. They called us to let us know there was an issue that needed fixing. Talk about being proactive!!!!! They came out and fixed the problem as it was an easy fix. But they went above and beyond and did some extra work to make sure that it wouldn't happen again. I am very please with them.Bob 2/26/2019
- We took over 6 months deciding whether to go with solar and who to go with. We ended up with SunLux because of their warranties, everything is done inhouse and price. They were very patient with us while we made our decision. The installation went very smoothly. We are enjoying seeing a credit to our Edison bill.Sasha T. 6/27/2019
- So impressed!Laura G. 9/09/2018
We had been interested in going solar for a number of years and began researching solar panels and installation providers. I contacted several solar companies, including Sunlux, for information and estimates on our household solar needs.
When the Sunlux representative began going through the solar plan for our home we knew we'd finally found the right company. The representative was well prepared and had tailored 'the numbers' of our solar usage to our house and our actual energy needs. We didn't have to guess or try to estimate how many panels or the output or the impact on our long term energy budget. Everything was laid out - easy to understand and clearly presented. And the cost was competitive- less than other companies we had contacted. It was an easy decision to move forward!
And then, Sunlux handled EVERYTHING! They scheduled to evaluate our roofline, and worked with us on an aesthetically appealing panel configuration. They also applied for our solar rebate from the local energy company on our behalf. The installation crew was thorough and efficient and had our 24 panel system installed in a day and a half!
Sunlux then scheduled the city inspection and power company meter installation to finalize the project - we didn't have to a thing! And they kept us notified of each next step along the way.
The panels look amazing and operate wonderfully! Sunlux even sent us a link at the end of the installation to download an app to monitor the output of the panels in real time. We are very grateful that we found such a professional and organized company. We highly recommend this company to anyone who is considering solar! Sunlux made it extremely easy and we can't imagine the process would've been this smooth with any other company. Five stars!
- I have considered solar installation for some time now. After making the decision to move forward with solar, I invited 5 solar companies to provide me quotes. Of the 5 companies, only 2 provided full service (roofing work) including the changing of high profile vents to low-profile vents and relocation of vent pipes in order to not have sporadic placement of solar panels. I was interested in uniform placement of the panels without large gaps to skip over vents or vent pipes. The sales rep, Chris was very knowledgeable. He made every effort to answer my questions. Like many other customers, I had many questions and specifics to discuss after our initial meeting. Chris made every effort to call me back and answered all my questions (sometimes even in the late evening because he did want a day to go by without calling me back). Once the documents were signed and the project was underway, the project was handled by the project manager Danielle. Like Chris, Danielle was very responsive. She kept me informed at every step of the project. She ensured I was aware and understood of all the details involved with the particular step in the process we were in. In fact, Danielle even called me to congratulate me when Southern California Edison granted my Permission To Operate. The installers were all very prompt and courteous. Due to rain, the installers had to stop working and gave me what sounded like a heart felt apology for having to stop working. Imagine that, it goes to show the level of commitment and pride in their work. From beginning to end, employees of Sunlux have demonstrated their diligence and commitment to their customers. In turn, Sunlux shines as the solar installer of choice. With employees like Chris, Danielle, and the installation team, I would recommend Sunlux to anyone!J M. 3/19/2020
Going solar is as easy as 1-2-3-4-5!
Sunlux believes that that solar energy for our customers in Valencia should be just as easy as traditional electricity! Our 5 step process will have you saving money on your rising electric bill in no time.
We start out by taking a look at your energy bill to determine needs to provide you with an estimate of how much you can save by going solar with Sunlux Solar. The best part is we’ll answer your questions honestly, making your solar decision simple.
Our PV Designer will create a solar system package with curb appeal, your energy needs and your home specifications in mind. We’ll work closely with you to make sure the design exceeds your expectations, delivering maximum performance and lifespan.
We handle the paperwork for you. Once the design is finalized, our permit technician will put together a detailed permit package and submit it to city of residence for approval.
The solar panel installation will be performed by our highly trained, safety-certified crews, and the onsite project foreman will be there to answer any questions you may have.
Once the city inspector signs off, we will submit the final package to your utility provider for a PTO (Permission to Operate), so we can turn on your Sunlux solar system and you can start saving money.
Learn More about solar
Read about the latest in solar energy and smart home news.
Over the last decade, we’ve seen a significant shift towards renewable energy, particularly solar power. The popularity of solar power systems has skyrocketed, driven by
As we witness a renewable energy revolution, solar power systems are becoming increasingly commonplace. Central to these systems are solar batteries, essential for storing the
Welcome to the energy revolution! As our world transitions towards renewable energy, the introduction of Net Metering 3.0 represents a significant leap forward. If you’re