what we do
Sunlux solar energy and smart home solutions are guaranteed to save you money.
- Monitor and Control from Your Phone
- Save Money and Energy Use
- Remotely Turn Systems On & Off
- Smart Breakers Keep Your System Secure
- Convenient Electric Vehicle Charging at Home!
- Control Charging from Your Smartphone or Computer
- Save Time, Money & the Planet
how we work
From consultation to design to engineering, we make solar simple so you can save.
TRUST THE SOLAR EXPERTS
With over 30 years of combined experience and more than 7,000 solar installations, the Sunlux executive team offers unique, highly-specialized leadership in the industry.
We’re here to help every step of the way so you can feel confident in switching to solar. Worry-free and affordable, that’s our guarantee.
Settle For Nothing Less Than The Best. Choose Sunlux Solar.
What Sunlux solar customers say
Don't take our word for it. Read what our valued customers think about us.
- I liked that with Sunlux, there wasn't any pressure. If I had questions, I could reach out freely without feeling bad about asking a question. The rep, Gary, was relaxed and sounded like he knew his stuff. He was knowledgeable with the technology that we had available to do the presentation. We didn't have to sit there and wait for him to do things. He was comfortable with putting together the presentation while also being able to carry on a conversation. It was an easy conversation and an easy kind of route. The process of financing was quick. There was a discrepancy in the communication between them and Sungage between the years and dollar amount. I contacted Gary over Easter weekend and told him that there was a discrepancy between what they sent Sungage and what Sungage was having me sign. He got everything taken care of before dinnertime. He did well. I wish Sunlux was a little bit cheaper though.Stephen 5/06/2022
- SunLux is growing into Northern California. I was a bit skeptical about doing business with a company still based in Southern California, but they sent a crew up to do a site inspection and a crew to do the installation. When the installation was inspected, the city inspector complimented then on the job they did Frank, the crew lead was great at keeping us informed throughout the installation process and his team, Art and Eder were neat. Lorena, the project manager was very good about communicating about the design process, permitting, and everything happening behind the scenes.Lar B. 9/05/2018
I can recommend them without reservation.
- Sunlux was the most thorough. They were not the most affordable, but their honesty combined with their pricing was the best. The person that did our intake and walked us through the interview was the most honest. He is a salesperson, but he didn't act like one. The installation is supposed to happen in October, but we had a little hiccup with our project so we are probably going to push it out a little bit further. They work with what we thought was a lender, but they're a broker for the loan. The lender that they work with is no longer offering that loan. We're back at the application process.Karina 9/04/2022
- I have a property in Mission Viejo and have a complicated 30 year clay tile roof. We contacted Sunlux, Sunpower, Sunrun and Tesla for solar panel quotes and Tesla for solar roof. Tesla took a couple of weeks to tell me that they will not install panels on clay tiles, designed an 11.4kw solar roof but placed 2.7 kw of active tiles on the north facing panes. I asked for a redesign 2 weeks ago and am still waiting. I don't think they can do it to be honest.P T. 2/16/2021
As far as solar panel quotes, Sunlux came out as the least expensive, the best system, the best warranty and will take care of replacing the underlayment for a very reasonable price so I don't have to call a separate roofer. Michael agreed to an upgrade from 2 layers of 30# felt to 2 layers of synthetic SBS-modified asphalt underlayment for the same price. Their system is based on state of the art high efficiency panels from LG with built-in microinverters so the 25 year manufacturer warranty includes the inverters (the most likely hardware to fail and only has a 10 year warranty from all the other installers). Unlike all the other installers, Sunlux offers a production guarantee of so many kwh/yr so they have a vested interest in monitoring the system output to watch for any failures or unexpected decrease in production. They also allow the customer to monitor system production down to the panel level so if any panel were to fail the installer and/or manufacturer warranty can be exercised. This is not possible with any system using string inverters such as Tesla.
Their roof leak warranty is 15 years instead of the industry standard 10 years. It's comforting to know although with 2 layers of SBS-modified asphalt underlayment I am not too worried.
Their customer service seems to be top notch from reading all the reviews on Yelp and Consumer Affairs. Their prices are very competitive. If you decide on Powerwall storage they will go the extra mile to apply for the SGIP program and get the state rebate for you. Highly recommended!
- When we bought the house, my sister got her solar, so to save money, we decided to go with solar. We were about to sign the contract with another company, but then SunLux gave us a better price so we decided to go with them. The reps were very good and respectful. The response was quick. The only thing I don't like is the app because it shows me how much we're producing, but not how much we're spending. I wanna have energy for summer and I have to keep track like that. I don't know if it's because I don't have the battery, but that's the only thing that I can think of. Otherwise, everything is perfect. I'm very happy.Diana 5/21/2020
- SunLux came highly recommended as an outstanding company for our solar needs, and they did not disappoint us! We wanted to add a battery backup unit to our existing solar system to prepare for power outages and emergencies. After doing our research and contacting a few solar companies we choose SunLux. They presented the most comprehensive plan, worked with us to make sure they met our needs and have a wonderful professional staff that made the entire process seamless. They made the installation a smooth experience, from securing permits and dealing with SCE for connection to the grid, it couldn’t have been a better experience. The installers were professional, neat and experienced and had the system installed in a day. The few places they had to chip or cut away stucco were patched, repaired and blended in perfectly. SunLux facilitated our new battery backup system into our SolarEdge online monitoring account so we can monitor our entire system from anyplace. We highly recommend SunLux for any of your solar needs!Stacie K. 10/24/2019
- I have been shopping around a couple of companies and the descriptions and communications were much more detailed and efficient with SunLux, especially the type of product and the warranty was very interesting. The financial part went smoothly. The design has been approved two weeks ago and SunLux said they would send it to the city for approval. My guess is it would go on until next year. But so far, everything is good.Mehrdad 12/10/2021
- I highly recommend Sunlux! They are honest, responsive, and very customer focused. Couldn't ask for a better company to work with. If you appreciate a company who honors their commitments without any hassle this is the company to hire. No third party installers. Employees are knowledgeable, polite, and will exceed your expectations. You can count on Sunlux to make things rightMiguel C. 6/09/2022
- All the representatives were courteous and professional. They did a real good job. They were quick and efficient in installing the solar panels and equipment inside. My neighbors all said they did it pretty fast. Going solar helped me out tremendously so far because I put a pool in my backyard and it made a difference.E. 2/26/2021
- The project manager, Bonnie **, worked conscientiously to make the project easy for me. She prepared all the documents for my HOA to review on my behalf, and because she knew what she was doing, my application was approved with no hesitancy on the HOA's part. She answered every question I asked and did so usually on the same day I would email. After the project was completed, she still connected with me to make sure I was still happy and being well served by the new equipment.Dennis 7/11/2021
- I met their rep Mark through Zoom. He was very knowledgeable and patient. It was a good experience working with him. We met him a second time to answer any questions. He had infographics that explained things further. He covered what the cost would be and the percentage rate, all on the phone. Then I was assigned a project manager who took care of handling the signing of the documents. They went through our bill to go over how many panels we would need based on our usage. We had a really good experience so far. We haven't seen the finished product yet but we felt very comfortable after meeting with Mark.Susana 3/09/2023
- I saw a neighborhood family install the solar panel with the SunLux. So, I got the number and I called. I was in touch with Adam, the salesperson, and I was very impressed with his explanation. He was very responsible. And then later on, everything went smoothly, but the pandemic made things go much slower. My project is very simple but it did not pass the local permit department for the first time, then SunLux had to resubmit the plan. I was surprised to find that out. I waited for a long time. That was a little disappointing. The project started in October 1st. Three months should have been enough to finish by the end of 2020, but it did not until February 8. Everything else looked fine. Somebody kept me updated frequently, so I like that part.At first, I was able to get in touch with the project manager directly. But lately, it has been always like nobody doesn’t pick up and then it automatically leaves a message. That is a frustrating experience. I will try to call my project manager again because I know the first payment is due on March 9th, and so far, I’m anxious to know where shall I send my first check to.SunLux told me to use the LG if I'm going to choose a particular panel. I was using that, where each panel has its own inverter. But then the contract has an individual item of inverter. And then later on, they told me there was a modification. There should be no change. But because LG has its own individual inverter, so I thought there should be either price deduction or a better explanation on why the modification was done. They told me they were all using Panasonic. But then after a bit in progress, they told me they were going to offer the LG because they have a contract with them. That's a little hiccup that I would like to have a little clearer explanation. I would still recommend this company happily if somebody wanted to install that in the near future.Jean 2/21/2021
- Suxlux installed my solar array almost 3 years ago. I am very happy with the production of my system and have produced enough energy for my growing family and I. I gave them a call recently because I was thinking about getting an electric car and wanted additional panels to be installed. Adam ********** and Garrett ****** has been extremely helpful and very responsive. They took a look at my bill and didn’t try to sell me/over sell me on the panels THAT I wanted. They advised that since I was producing MORE energy then what I needed all I needed was Consumption Monitoring to see hour by hour how much energy I was producing and how much energy I was using. This would help me monitor my system to coincide with my SCE TOU plan to see if I even need more panels with the electric car. They came and installed the Enphase Consumption CT’s in under an hour. It was quick and they cleaned up after themselves. I was up and running again and checking my Enphase app every hour. Now I can charge my electric car at night when electricity is the cheapest and I might not even need more panels!Avin S. 7/03/2020
- My parents have solar on their house and they’ve had it for 30 years now. They've known all the benefits. When me and my wife got our home, we wanted to go ahead and put solar on it as well and we found out about SunLux. There was another neighbor in our community who had solar as well and he worked with SunLux. He highly recommended them. So, we went ahead and got a call from SunLux and that worked out. The enrollment process was quick. It took about a week because we were adamant to get started. The installation and everything was fine. It was afterwards, through the inspections that had to be done, there was a little bit of miscommunication. But nothing too bad. It just delayed things by a week or so because they didn't seem to be on the same page together. In going solar, the benefit is almost immediate and we see it’s producing. The bill went down and everything seems to be working.Dan 2/19/2021
- The rep had everything presented through a PowerPoint thing. He showed me everything on the computer like how I can either through the phone or the computer and track the panels if they are all functioning. I can track how much it’s doing a day. He said, “If you wanted to see individual panels, you can actually click on this and it will show you that everything’s working, or if something's not, what panel isn't.” For every question I had, he was able to walk me through it. It was pretty simple and I could trust him right away. It was a good experience. When I requested a few changes, the rep was able to help me with it right away. The only thing on my end is I haven't made the time to call in and try to get the system set up. While I was going through the process, I talked to my regional manager about SunLux and he ended up getting it too. Even though he started his process two weeks later, he got his a couple of days before I did. It’s no big deal though. He just got lucky in the timing.Carlos 2/17/2021
- I liked the video presentation of SunLux better than other companies. It was really informative. I learned a lot that I didn't know about. Price-wise, they were in the ballpark of what I was figuring on. They’re doing the permit thing right now. I’m waiting on the city to do their thing. The rep I've been working with has been staying in touch. He keeps us apprised of what's going on.James 10/29/2021
- SunLux quickly understood our needs and designed an appropriate system with quality components from the beginning. Competitors started their proposal with a lesser system with lower quality components. After weeks of working with a competitor, they came up with the exact same system as SunLux and at the same price. The main reason we liked SunLux is that we had roofing issues. Competitors wanted to sell a whole new roof while SunLux came up with a much less expensive solution.Timothy R. 7/21/2019
- I had a very pleasant experience with the rep of SunLux. He was very knowledgeable and he answered all of my questions to my satisfaction. When I went with the financing of my solar panels, I went with a different company, Sunrun so that means that SunLux still does not have the financing business 100%. It would greatly improve their company's products and service if they can finance customers on their own. But SunLux helped me through the financing process. The installation team was also very respectful. I knew what was going to go on and it went exactly as planned.Cesar 2/14/2021
- I evaluated a few other vendors and the bottom line that came up was the pricing for the same product. Even though SunLux was 15% higher, based on the customer feedback, it looked like their system had more pros than cons. Their reps were very eager to keep all the work on schedule and when there was an inspection issue, they tried to get it resolved ASAP. But after everything was installed, it sounded like when I sent them some email, there was a lag on their response. Or maybe that was because the equipment is LG and they don't know the LG product too much.Other than that, the system looks pretty good from the outside and I'm happy with what I got. We're in Southern California, so we have most of the sunny day and I can really generate more electricity than what I consume. That's the goal and I don't care about how much I make from the solar. We are not abusing the electricity, but now, there’s less concern about using the electricity. I have 13 panels for about five kilowatts and even though that sounds less, the new product has high efficiency of generating the power. It's for a 22-square foot house and that's enough for me.Jung 6/10/2021
- Southern California Edison was getting out of control with their rates and their charges. So, that's too expensive. I was looking through some research. I came down to two companies. SunLux was one of them. Then, when I talked to them, they seemed like a better choice. They had some better warranties. Everything was good with their customer service. I'm very satisfied.Chris 2/08/2021
- I've been thinking of installing solar for quite sometime on our home and after numerous companies giving me quotes, I decided to go with Tesla. I thought that Tesla was the elite of solar based on their ads and promotions. After going through all but installing the solar panels, Tesla informed me that our roof needed work and that it would cost $9000 to repair the roof so that they can install solar panels. I was disappointed until I heard of Sun Lux over the radio being a roofer also. This was to test if I really needed a new roof. Sun Lux gave me a higher production of energy than Tesla and said I didn't need a new roof! They had several options on financing and leasing that made sense. I pulled the trigger and had them install solar. They assign you a Project coordinator that communicates with you throughout the process and Emma (my project coordinator) gave me the white glove treatment. She was always available. She took care of everything. What more can I ask for? I highly recommend Sun Lux even though I own a Tesla.Allan L. 2/26/2019
- Sunlux was amazing from start to end. Very helpful with our needs and wants. They did not push us into anything. Alex, our project manager, was great with communication and very professional. Sunlux helped us with a new roof installation. The company they secured for us was very professional and cleaned up after themselves very well. The solar installers and electrician were great!!! They let me know what they were doing throughout the process. I am an above satisfied customer. Thank you Sunlux!Matthew 2/22/2022
- My wife and I did a lot of research on the very many solar companies servicing our area. We decided on Sunlux. We met with Mike Valencia and went over the numbers. Not only was Sunlux the lowest pricing while offering the most servicing, but Mike's integrity was refreshing. Other companies that submitted a bid included an additional ten panels at significant extra cost. When I asked Mike why his bid reflected less panels, he explained that in the late afternoon our neighbor's palm tree cast enough shade that the additional cost would not be worthwhile.Michael T. 1/15/2020
The installation crew finished up in one day, taking their mess with them. I have had minimal problems that have been addressed right away.
We are very happy with Sunlux and highly recommend them to those interested in upgrading their home with solar
- We were able to talk to three different representatives from three different companies, and the guy from Sunlux happened to be a gentleman. He came across as knowledgeable, and he went out of his way to check on things and verify pricing. I used to work in the public utility industry, and there was a discount that was available for people who work in the public utility industries that I didn't know about. The guy from Sunlux was very helpful, kind, polite, and professional, and seemed to have a sense of integrity because he made and kept his promises.Sunlux has done the inspection, planning and engineering. At this point, they're still getting hold of the local utility because they're gonna have to upgrade the panels. They haven't installed it yet, but I anticipate that it's going to be everything I expect. I don't expect miracles from solar, but I expect that it will provide me with a lot of energy throughout the course of owning the house and provide most, if not all, of my needs as we go along.We went with three of the top companies, and out of the choices that we had, Sunlux has been easily one of the best experiences. They've been fair, and as far as equitable, they've hit the price ranges that everybody else has. Nobody's given me super discounts, but Sunlux has been really personal, too. I even got contacted by one of the owners at one point because there was a misunderstanding. Their customer service and their regular service is top notch. I would absolutely recommend them.Evan 3/22/2022
- We had a Zoom meeting with Sunlux and they were very knowledgeable. They seemed to be upfront about options and reviewed our electric bills and came up with a few different solutions for us. Our agent was Gary and he seemed to be very knowledgeable. He never stuttered or couldn't answer a question. He presented himself as knowing his job. Email seemed to be the best form of communication. I received answers every time I sent an email. They sent me back either a follow-up or an answer to my question. The gentleman that did the site audit physically came out here and took pictures and measured. He explained what he was doing before he did it. He explained that he was done and what was left to do. So I was really happy with the field person. I've been happy with everybody I've had contact with. Their information packet was extensive and thorough. If there was another website that I needed to go to, it was all in that packet.Lorie 10/19/2022
- Three companies called me to give me a quote. When I reviewed the quote from SunLux and the equipment that was gonna be placed, I liked it a lot better. It was not the price that I liked but the system. It was a better option for me. It was going to be LG panels, and they were going to be 375 watts each panel. They were going to be providing 7.5 kilowatts.The SunLux representatives were helpful, knowledgeable and pretty professional. The salesperson had a really good communication. Also, the project manager was always in contact with me. I got 19 panels because they were gonna provide the energy that they promised that they were gonna get me. The installation went pretty smoothly.Jesus 6/16/2021
- Please do your solar system research homework. I spent almost 8 years researching and interviewing prospective solar installers and finally settled on Sunlux Energy Inc. My installation was one of the first to use both solar and battery systems. This install was tough going at first, however, Sunlux provided on-going support throughout the entire process. In fact, Sunlux continues to provide great support to this day. My first yearly bill indicated that SCE owed me. Wow! Now that's a smoking solar/battery system. Kudos to Sunlux Energy Inc.Anthony G. 2/08/2019
- The engineer that I first talked to was very knowledgeable, and he had a system himself. I had a few drawbacks, and I didn't know how it would work, but he could answer all my questions. He was very good. Alex, the project coordinator, kept me up to date and worked around my schedule. The staff that came out here were very professional, and they did their job well. So far, I've been producing more than I'm using. The cost of the service is very fair, because I know the electric company is going to be increasing.Carol 9/15/2021
- I chose Sunlux only after performing hours of research using the Better Bureau's website to locate A+ rated companies to perform my solar panel installation. I realize now that I chose well. Sunlux performed a preliminary inspection of my roof and found several cracked tiles which resulted in damage to its underlayment. With knowledge of rain approaching, they offered to tarp my roof at no cost to minimize further damage as I waited for my insurance company to make a final decision on my claim. I feel confident that I made the right choice when I chose Sunlux and would highly recommend them if you value integrity, quality, forward-thinking and customer satisfaction.Victor D. 1/25/2021
- Their presentation was much better than some of the other folks we talked to. They had a better sense of what they were talking about and were able to portray that to me, who did not know anything about solar. The installation went really well, and really, really quickly. The driver dropped off the incorrect panels but they corrected that. It took him a week to get the new ones. But as soon as they dropped in my driveway, they were right on the house. So there was no problem there. The project manager, Bonnie, was really good. Bonnie and the salesman, Mike, were super great at everything and helping out and helping me understand.Jeremy 4/28/2021
- I have their system for a year and it is really paying off. Two self caused service calls were the greatest experiences ever. Fast to call back, great comfort on the phone and rapid to arrive . They knew what to do and even though I caused the short they remedied the problem and saved my day with nothing but smilesGary P. 4/12/2019
- SunLux was great. Were there issues with the install? Yes. Is it normal to have a hiccup here and there? Yes. What made it great though was the communication by the office and the installers. They were all very professional and courteous. Even when the city no show canceled on their second reschedule for inspection SunLux did everything they could to get me back on the inspectors’ schedule. I have already recommended them to five friends that are looking to have solar installed. Thank you for being professional, communicating, and accommodating.Nicholas T. 1/16/2019
- I love to do my research and obtained quotes from more than 5 different installers before selecting Sunlux to install my solar system. One key piece for making that decision, besides researching all of the equipment and cost, was a result of reading positive reviews much like this one. The employees answered all of my questions and maintained communication throughout the process to let me know what stage the project was at and what I should expect next. This was huge for me as several of the steps involved getting permits, submitting plans, and obtaining inspections which don’t necessarily require the customer’s constant participation. As such it would have been easy to feel like nothing was happening or that my project was not moving forward had my project manager not provided those periodic progress updates. From start to finish it took just over 2 months from the date I signed the contract. The install itself took a couple days due to rainy weather. My wife and I are very pleased with the work that was done.NickH 4/03/2018
- SunLux had a strong proposal and I liked their warranties. They're not cheap but they were the best. When doing solar, buy the decent quality. Don't go for cheap crap because it won’t pay off in the long term. Our experience with SunLux has been fairly okay. But we might not be able to go forward with the job at the moment. My roof isn't correct because I don't have the right type of shingles. I need to change that and it would cost me 11 grand, which I'm not prepared to pay for.Alastair 11/01/2021
- Sunlux has been awesome in the quoting communications and delivery process. Everything in their power, was done well. But the governmental LADWP is a different story and the only heads up on SunLux part.Debbie K. 11/05/2021
Everyone should recognize that installing a solar system on your house is not an instant process. Beware that just because the solar system is installed doesn't mean you can operate it immediately.
Building departments have to inspect and approve. For us that was fairly quick even, happening within 3 days. But at this point we still two weeks after they install can't operate the solar system because the department of water and power hasn't given us permission yet.
I know that sounds a little crazy but evidently they have to change the meter again and then review it and then they might give you an operating permit. What everyone does not realize is that the solar panels do not power your house. They sell power to the grid and you get a credit. Then we you use power, it is taken from your credit.
That concept, can be really frustrating to the owner who puts in a solar system. And it was the one thing that sound like Sunlux not explain in the beginning
- SunLux's program is not that good but I like their brand of equipment and their system. Their sales rep was personally and professionally very good. We did the deal and now they start doing the design. I'm waiting for that. Other than that, whatever was done is nice. There are a lot of companies in the market for solar systems and if anybody asks me, I will recommend SunLux to them.Souret 12/03/2021
- The staff and installers were very professional. The reason for 4.5 stars was due to the delay to add the protective netting. By the time the netting was installed (3 weeks later) the pigeons made a mess nesting under the panels. Although Sunlux took care of cleaning the panels, it could have been avoided if all the materials were ordered and onsite at the time the panels were installed. Not a deal breaker for me and I would recommend them to anyone!T C. 11/14/2017
- We were in the market for a solar system from a company that was reliable and we could trust. After doing lots of research we asked Sunlux to be our solar provider. They were very honest with their prices (they were on one of the lowest) and their customer service has been excellent? Since we did not know a lot about solar systems, they educated us to be smart consumers and gave us options and choices that met our needs. We can truly say, we are very happy with Sunlux and would recommend them to others as well.Scott M. 2/18/2020
- The entire Sunlux team has been incredible from start to finish. During the sales presentation, there was no uncomfortable up selling or pressure by Chris. The installation process managed by Jen was seamless, and whenever there was an issue (all issues were minor) she took considerable effort to ensure our care and solve the problem. The roof and the panels look fabulous and they are producing as expected - we couldn’t be happier!! We received 3 other quotes for the project and Sunlux beat the competition in every category, which actually made me a bit nervous, but after going through the whole project, I am blown away that they exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Sunlux and Troy Roofing for any project you might have. Thanks Garrett and the entire Sunlux crew!!Scott M. 7/08/2020
- The SunLux products were a little bit more than some of their competitors but I was okay with that knowing some of the other pluses. I wanted to go solar because of the environment and then the cost-savings. Also, a friend of mine touted the extra warranty stuff that SunLux had that other people didn’t have. The project is done. We paid outright. But the handymen who came to do a lot of the clean-up work and modifications failed to finish it. They had to move our panel box and they had to redo some stucco but they just haphazardly did it. They were super quick to get out of there. I had to constantly follow up with SunLux. But as far as the customer service reps, they were great. The actual panels are fine and everything works great. Overall, we're happy.Andrew 5/16/2020
- I recently completed my solar project with SunLux. They did a great job with my installation. They set the proper expectation on start and end times of the install and the communication throughout the project was excellent. Freddy and Liz were always quick to respond to questions and were so helpful all along the way! I did have one issue with the wiring I wanted corrected. The owner of the company contacted me directly and personally ensured that the issue was addressed. For me it is great to see the owner backing up the work first hand ensuring the customer is happy when the work is done. I would highly recommend SunLux. Oh, and their prices were far better than any other I received. Bring them in without hesitation.Dave M. 5/01/2019
- I've been talking to Adam with Sunlux for over a year and he's been super patient with me. He has filled me in on all my questions. He would call me sometimes a couple of weeks, sometimes a couple of months. We stayed in touch for a whole year because I wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. I kept postponing him and postponing him but he was super nice and not pushy one bit. If I wanted him to call me back, he’d call me back. If it wasn’t for Adam's patience and due diligence, I probably wouldn't be going with Sunlux. I probably would have went through a company that one of my friends had. Sunlux is a little bit more expensive on the loan process portion of it than some of my friends went through but I trust Adam. He promised me until my service is completely done, he's going to walk the whole entire process with me, and he has. Three days ago, I got an email saying that I needed to do my direct deposit so that I could get the APR financing at a locked-in lower rate. I called Adam and asked about it. He called the place and we got it handled. I can call him at a drop of a dime and he answers me.Marybeth 1/30/2022
- My meeting with the sales representative was done online via Zoom and he was able to present the background of the company, options for the house, and an overview of the process, should I decide to move forward with them. He went through a basic design and potential, given my location, and gave an overall pricing review and the various guarantees associated with it. SunLux's warranties and guarantee seemed longer than some of the other solar providers around the area. I decided to move forward with them and go with the in-house financing for that.The purchase was fairly easy. Everything was done online, via phone calls, or through web meetings until they needed to come out and do an in-person project review to take a look at the site by one of the project managers. Between when the equipment was actually installed took a couple of weeks. The main holdup was the permitting process. Given the slowdowns with the city, that took a lot longer than we had anticipated. We were originally supposed to do the install in November and we didn't end up getting the approval to do it until early January.Once everything was installed, the city came out and did the inspection within a week. They were able to get the system approved and going. Then, the process with SoCal Edison was another two weeks at the outset. It took 10 days tops to get the permit to operate and go live. It's been live for about a month now and I wish that the app to monitor the production was better. These are LG panels so it's an LG app and the app doesn't work for the phone so I have to do it online. It's a cumbersome system. But the actual energy production seems to be on par. My first month's bill has come back, and it was like $20 from the Electric Company, which is pretty nice.Ana 2/16/2021
- I'm waiting to find out some issue that has developed where I'm not being given much information so it's confusing. Other than that, the whole process has gone very well with SunLux. Even though the installation is done, Bonnie, the main person who was handling my inquiries, is very responsive if there's an additional issue. This falls outside of her purview at this time. There were some broken tiles but they were repaired and SunLux got everything up and running.Peter 6/11/2021
- They were very puctual and on time. The instalation was faster than i expected. Upgraded the electrical panel with top notch equipment. Patch up work was great too! They trenched the conduit from my detached garage in a day. Probably took 2 weeks and i was already hooked to edison and generating power. Good group of guys doing the install..couldnt ask for a better install for the first time going solar!Jack C. 1/02/2018
- I picked Sunlux for solar to install on my elderly parents house. This was after 5 other quotes. Price was the best. From signing contract to power up was better than imagined. Even with weather delays (wet in socal this year) they got past the delays. Customer service is fantastic. They know how to design a system. I recommend them highly.Ron J. 6/11/2019
- After a couple of research for solar company, we decided to go with Sunlux for our solar system. The sales consultant Lorena Gutierrez and service representative Markie Owen are both amazing to work with. The installation team are very professional and on time. They keep me update through out the process. We are very happy with our solar and so far after 4 months we only need to pay $10 a month for Edison connection fee for electricity bill.Kevin C. 5/17/2019
- It took time to get answers to my questions, but installation was quick and painless. My supposedly local installation was manned, and very well, by a guy in Austin. I repeatedly asked if the panels would have to be cleaned and they said no, until a letter from the Manager a month later. But now a $50 electric bill instead of $488. Good.Sara 9/17/2021
- Going solar helps the environment stuff, but the main driving factor for me was the tax credit. I was gonna have to pay somebody $15,000 either the government or private company, and I chose to pay the private company. I went to several different companies and the industry-standard, in my opinion, is around $3.50 per kilowatt hour. SunLux quoted me $3.29 per kilowatt hour but in my search, I got somebody that was quoting me 2.75 per kilowatt hour. So when I went back to SunLux, I told them about it and their rep sent in the bid. They brought theirs down to 2.77.The consumer is at a clear disadvantage ‘cause they don’t know what goes into these systems. Once I got into it, I saw that the cost of the material was about $22,000 and there were a couple of days labor for the install. They had to do some running around to submit some stuff, so there was quite a bit of room in there for a profit margin. So, solar is a good thing but it’s a little bit overpriced no matter who’s doing it.I wanted the Panasonic panels and SunLux got me that. I had some company who tried to push me to a different panel and I said no. Also, there was some discussion between microinverters and traditional inverters with the optimizers that sit on panels. We went back and forth about that a little bit. They were pushing hard on the regular inverters with the optimizers and we got to the point where it wasn’t worth hassling about it anymore. The size of the traditional inverters has shrug down quite a bit from a few years back, so it’s not quite as unsightly and the system seems to operate fine.Lowell 4/02/2020
- I am so happy with my Sunlux experience! After going through the process I would definitely choose them again without hesitation. I initially reached out to Tesla Solar, which seemed great at first. We had a good initial meeting, the proposal looked good, and the gentleman that did my inspection was so nice. Then everything went sideways. After my inspection the initial estimate went up $8,500 for additional costs. I called my local utility company to verify what Tesla Solar was telling me was needed. My utility company sent someone to my house to inspect and verified it was not needed. Suddenly, I had a hard time getting a hold of my Project Manager at Tesla and the engineers could not agree on the requirements. Every few weeks they would just send me an email asking if I had signed the documents yet. They didn’t want to discuss what the utility company said. That is when I called other companies, including Sunlux. My sales contact, Rob M*******, worked with me and answered all of my questions. After reviewing the proposals, I researched the equipment on each proposal. The pricing was all competitive, but the equipment Sunlux quoted was far superior and the reviews were great. That is when I signed with Sunlux. Everyone I talked to, emailed, or that came to our house was friendly, professional, and overly polite. From my Project Manager, Emma S******, to the techs sent to our house for installation and inspections, everyone was knowledgeable and amazing. Emma kept me informed every step of the way and I did my part by emailing or calling when I had questions. Every email or call was responded to quickly. If someone did not know the answer to my question, they would have someone call me with the answer right away. Every inspection was passed easily. They submitted everything for me and made the whole process seamless. My solar system was turned on today and I am excited to see the kW it started producing right away. I will be referring everyone to Sunlux!PAGE M. 7/30/2019
- The customer service with SunLux Energy is outstanding. They're constantly on top of everything. They kept me apprised of every step that was being taken. My project manager, Berlin, was fantastic. What's shocking was that they buy the panels from a distributor and they don't tell you what it is. Once we were into the project, I got a certified letter stating that if SunLux doesn't pay their bill, I'm getting a $14,000 lien put on my house. It never happened because they did pay it but I was very aggressive at first with these people thinking I didn't do business with them. I didn't sign any contracts with them. After doing a lot of internet research and so forth, I learned that this does happen if companies go belly up. Even though I didn't make any business with the provider of the solar panels, they have a right to put a lien on the property for their merchandise. SunLux provided me the document saying that it was paid in full then they forwarded it directly to the company and I didn't have to do anything further. But it is kind of scary when you're in a contract with a company like this and you get this in the mail, and they don't tell you that this is gonna happen.The guys that came over were very professional but it took about two months until I went to full production because half my panels were wired incorrectly. They came out once and tried but couldn't figure it out. We had to set another appointment for about three weeks out. Then they sent a crew of two guys. They spent all day and finally found the problem. There was reverse polarity on one of the panels. Having SunLux, I'm saving a lot of money. My payments for the solar panels might pay the rest of my life for these things but for me, my payments are $170 a month. My average electric and water bill every two months was between 1,100 and 1,600 for a family of three and a swimming pool. The electric portion of it was between 600 and 800. I got air conditioning last year and my bill probably would have been about 1,700 just for electric. Now that we have the solar panels, the most I've paid for electric so far has been $65. It's definitely paying off for me.Al 2/12/2021
- So far, SunLux has been great. They were competitive with price. They weren't the cheapest company that I went with, but I'm hoping I’m getting what I'm paying for. So far, it feels like it. They provided various financing options, and they were transparent about it. They said, “We have these companies. There's like 10 or more. You can pick whatever makes the most sense for you based on APR or anything like that.”Don was the engineer that talked to me directly, and he was very informed about the industry. In fact, I chose SunLux because he gave me a little more technical information than some of the other agencies. He also made a point to recommend the specific LG panel that they have, which nobody else seems to carry. Instead of converting to DC power, it converts to AC power right at the panel. That was nice.I got 29 panels, and installation hasn't been completed yet. They're still going through the permitting process, but that's almost done. Erica is my project manager. She’s been really communicative and if she doesn't know the answer, she will find out. I see messages from her late and early, and I can tell she's working hard to keep all the plates spinning, which is not easy.Matthew 12/02/2021
- The sales rep was great. He was very patient, answered all my questions and concerns, really listened to my wants and needs and came up with a reasonable timetable as to when things would get accomplished. The cost is a little bit higher than norm, but it’s expected because of the quality of work that SunLux does. I’d also give the installation a 7 out of 10 stars. There was one visit where it was unannounced. They always mentioned that there's always gonna be a possibility of cutting of electricity, so we instructed the project manager that we needed to have ample notice for any visits. Being that we have two students doing online studies, as well as my wife working from home, any disruption can be unwarranted. My also wife mentioned that the installers were speaking Spanish but in a very vulgar tone. Other than that, the installation went okay.Arthur 4/03/2021
- Our experience with Sunlux was great. Our initial consult with Tracy was scheduled promptly and I was seriously impressed with his level of knowledge and ability to answer all of my questions. The system was designed and sized exactly as I wanted and meets the needs of our current and expanding family. The install team was professional and courteous. I did have to monitor them a bit more than I had wanted to insure everything was done to my exacting standards but in the end it turned out great. It has been a month and the production is right on track. I am already saving money! It was a great experience from start to finish.Christoph P. 7/08/2019
- I wanted to be as independent of the electrical grid as I could be. I had done part of the house with solar and I had a Tesla battery. But I realized that I was generating about half the power I needed to offset my power bill. So, I called SunLux and had them come to double what I already had. And that brought me to net zero on my electric bill. In fact, Edison sent me a check last year, so I appreciated that.Aside from that, I had concerns with the company that I had used before with the quality of their workmanship, but SunLux stressed that their workmanship would be excellent, and it was. They said that they would run the cables through the attic and not over the top of the roof, which made it more pleasant to the eye, so I was very happy. They also tied my Tesla battery into the system so that I've got the two solar systems and the Tesla battery all connected together.I started the process with SunLux a year ago and they got the installation done beautifully. But it took a long time to get the permission to operate, so I kept calling them to ask what was holding it up. They said that it was Edison that was holding it up, so it took a couple of months after the installation before I could turn the system on. Other than that, I love the solar system that I've got. Plus I drive a plug-in hybrid car, so my car basically runs on sunlight. I charge it in my garage overnight and I drive it to work, then I can plug it in where I work to drive home. So, if I've decided to work at home, I don't ever have to buy any gasoline.Dave 2/20/2021
- I highly recommend Sunlux Solar. I contracted with Sunlux for 34 panels and a new roof a little over 3 months ago. I am extremely pleased with both my solar panel installation and my new roof. My salesperson (Chris) was very honest, informative and professional. There was no sales pressure at all. He explained the entire project in detail and satisfactorily answered all my questions. He was extremely patient with me when I called him numerous times with questions I had pertaining to my internet solar research I conducted as I was educating myself on solar. I got several quotes prior to choosing Sunlux. Although Sunlux was a little more expensive than others (not much), I chose Sunlux because of the professionalism Chris displayed and because they are a large professional company who is dedicated to customer service. I believe in "you get what you pay for" and I am extremely pleased with Sunlux, as I got much more than I paid for. I am very happy I chose them for my project. My project manager (Berlyn) was outstanding. She was constantly communicating with me by either phone, email or text. She kept me apprised of every step of the project and was always responsive to me whenever I called her. She always got back to me immediately. She was professional, polite, informative and defiantly dedicated to customer service. She always made sure I knew what was happening, kept me in the loop, and that I was pleased. It was a pleasure working with Berlyn. The project took a little over 3 months to complete, but that was due to permitting issues and not the fault of Sunlux. None the less, Berlyn was in constant contact with the building authorities and moved things right along. The installers were very professional, polite and defiantly demonstrated pride in their work. The installation was clean, seamless and it looks fantastic. All the electrical is hidden in my attic and out of sight (except for my inverter). My roofer was Troy Roofing who was subcontracted through Sulux. Although I am not a fan of subcontractors, Sunlux changed my opinion about subcontractors. They were in contact with the roofer the entire time and I never had to deal with the roofer directly. Troy Roofing did an exceptional job on my roof. The guys worked 3 hard long days in 100 degree weather. They demonstrated pride in their work and they did an excellent job. I highly recommend Troy Roofing. In summary, I am extremely pleased with Sunlux Solar and the outstanding job they did. They totally exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend them for your solar project. You will not regret it. I commend their staff Chris (my salesperson) for his professionalism and honestly. There were no surprises. Moreover, I commend Berlyn (my project manager) for commitment to customer service, her professionalism and her organizational skills. She was on top of my project every step of the way and she was a pleasure to work with. AlAl L. 8/19/2020
- We did a lot of research on what SunLux provided and we even did a table to compare. The price, even though that was not the cheapest, I saw that what they were offering was much better. We also looked at all the reviews that they had and the reviews were better than others. Our HOA took time to approve it, but after that, things went very quickly. All people that were communicating with us and letting us know, including the project manager, were good. The guys that came to install were super professional too. They did the work fast. There was something else that they couldn't complete that day, but they kept communicating when they were going to arrive and things that they still needed to do. They came over and fixed it. As of today, we’re very satisfied. It’s been great.Yessenia 3/21/2021
- Going with Sunlux, I felt like there was less dealing with middlemen and I felt more comfortable. Everything was great during the signup and Edison came out and did their thing, which was all good. The only thing is I'm old school so I don't always like email stuff but everybody goes through email. I would rather they call me. But for the most part, I'm fine with it.Keone 11/05/2022
- I selected four different companies and I interviewed all four. The salesman for SunLux was more knowledgeable simply because he had more years of experience in the field. I felt comfortable with that. I liked their warranty because it made me feel comfortable that they're going to be around to repair things if something goes wrong. They're not a company that I perceive is going to close up shop tomorrow. I was very impressed by their entire presentation and everything thus far has followed suit. They present things in a very organized way that a consumer who's not all that knowledgeable about solar can understand.Their pricing structure also made a lot of sense. They analyzed our bills. They looked at our roof. They made comments on what would need to be done, and then put together a structure that made sense for me. He told me the options and then he connected me to the bank that they use to finance, and they took over from there. We're in the beginning phases. They did their inspection. Now, it's gone to their engineering department. Once their engineering department analyzes all the data, then the rep will come back to me and say, “We need to increase or decrease the panels."Emmett 2/23/2022
- Service is one of the key items that I decided to go with SunLux and quality is one of them too. The sales guy was very approachable, responsive and always available for me if I have questions. The installation took half of the day. Once our local electricity company approved, they gave me a call right away and said they could come the next day. They came on Saturday morning around 7:00 and it took them until 1 o'clock or 2 o'clock. They cleaned up a little bit then they left. However, there is one issue. Once they had finished, one of my breakers was not being reconnected well. I had to call them to come back to put that back and they were very responsive. The next morning, they came again and fixed that right away. That's a plus for them. I like SunLux Energy. I like the service that they have right now. Most of the contractors, once you've paid in full, they're gone. They never respond to your call. But SunLux still responds to my call. They still send me text messages every once in a while asking me how the generation is going. I like the way that they make sure their customer is well-satisfied.Ryan 2/11/2021
- Our experience with Sunlux was great. The salesperson was knowledgeable and walked us through the process of selecting the right amount of panels for our roof.Mike S. 10/25/2019
The design department worked with us through the permit and layout process. When the panels finally where installed about 6 weeks later we where very happy.
The entire crew was very professional and well trained. Overall I would can recommend Sunlux to everyone.
Thank you to the entire crew! GREAT JOB!
- We interviewed 3 different solar companies but chose Sunlux. Excellent customer service, as they take it to the next level. Quick to respond and alway trying to go above and beyond to help their customer. Even 2 years after install they are just a phone call away. Always available to answer all our questions and concerns. Love their service.Indi G. 2/21/2020
- Sunlux has been very diligent. Everything is transparent. They've tried to accommodate a lot of the questions and concerns that I've had. They don't promise everything, but they provide you with the details. The gentleman who explained the details to me had a very detailed presentation. It took a lot of time but it explained a lot of things. I'm still in the middle of trying to finalize how we're gonna be approaching the project. We're making sure that the roof is able to handle that added load and that we don't have to remove the panels 5, 10 years from now to fix leaks.James 5/26/2022
- I have SunLux install my system about half a year ago.Sean M. 9/01/2022
Initially, it took us some time to get going due to the city's delays, no fault to SunLux. After we got started, there was an issue with a fuse and they came back to fix it.
The sales team was nice and did not pressure us at all. They gave us a fair price, and provided us with great service.
After about 6 months, we had some issues with an older existing meter. This was for our old solar system. Sunlux came out and helped us diagnose and fix the problem.
Their tech team was professional, prompt, and efficient.
We have been saving a lot of money on our electrical bill, and we've been quite happy with their system and extremely appreciative of their service.
- I have just received my “PERMISSION TO OPERATE” from Southern California Edison confirming that my “Self-Generation Facility is Interconnected to SCE's Electric Grid”, ie my solar system can now export energy to the SCE grid and I get credit for it. This project started about 4 months ago when I finally settled on choosing SunLux Energy to install a Solar Energy System. Having talked to and discarded several companies before, I was impressed by what SunLux had to offer: a top quality system, very flexible configurations, multiple options, battery backup, and a great warranty covering roof leaks as well as their equipment. The SunLux Sales Representative, Ben C*****, was as pleasant as he was professional. Working from a few typical SCE monthly statements he came up with a configuration that would produce my average electric consumption plus a safety margin, along with a battery backup component to keep our choice of devices powered on in case of a power outage. The equipment itself is made by SolarEdge, an excellent solar energy products manufacturer, and by LG. The decision was easy, the mantle was passed to the Project Manager, Raul R********, who promptly set up an installation schedule which the installation crew stuck to. This crew was very professional and very diligent. 27 panels were installed in one day even though my roof is of an unconventional metal type. (Since the installation was completed we had a strong wind event and a couple of very stormy days with an unusual amount of rain; but no leaks and not a single panel budged.) At the completion of the installation,,the mantle was passed to the SunLux Customer Service Manager, Garrett K*****, who managed the setup, testing, monitoring and transfer of the system to me. To me, the quality of a system has as much to do with the quality of support as with the system itself. Working with Garrett was, and continues to be, a real pleasure. He is always available, he is patient, he responds to issues very promptly, often before I’m even aware that there is an issue. He also guided the application to get the system interconnected to the SCE grid, which was finally approved last week. I am very happy with my SunLux system and would strongly recommend SunLux to anybody in the market for a top notch solar energy system.Waguih B. 6/28/2019
- I have considered solar installation for some time now. After making the decision to move forward with solar, I invited 5 solar companies to provide me quotes. Of the 5 companies, only 2 provided full service (roofing work) including the changing of high profile vents to low-profile vents and relocation of vent pipes in order to not have sporadic placement of solar panels. I was interested in uniform placement of the panels without large gaps to skip over vents or vent pipes. The sales rep, Chris was very knowledgeable. He made every effort to answer my questions. Like many other customers, I had many questions and specifics to discuss after our initial meeting. Chris made every effort to call me back and answered all my questions (sometimes even in the late evening because he did want a day to go by without calling me back). Once the documents were signed and the project was underway, the project was handled by the project manager Danielle. Like Chris, Danielle was very responsive. She kept me informed at every step of the project. She ensured I was aware and understood of all the details involved with the particular step in the process we were in. In fact, Danielle even called me to congratulate me when Southern California Edison granted my Permission To Operate. The installers were all very prompt and courteous. Due to rain, the installers had to stop working and gave me what sounded like a heart felt apology for having to stop working. Imagine that, it goes to show the level of commitment and pride in their work. From beginning to end, employees of Sunlux have demonstrated their diligence and commitment to their customers. In turn, Sunlux shines as the solar installer of choice. With employees like Chris, Danielle, and the installation team, I would recommend Sunlux to anyone!JOE M. 3/19/2020
- Sunlux' pricing was significantly better than the three other companies that I checked with. When I called the initial salesperson, he was informative. All the way along, Sunlux was excellent as far as keeping me posted on updates. I knew going in that it wasn't going to be a quick process. It met all my expectations with the timelines, and also their availability. The service almost exceeds my expectations. It's as promised. I can easily monitor it with the application and the panels are producing better than I thought it would.Dave 2/22/2022
how will I pay for solar?
Our customized solutions are guaranteed to save you money.
Start saving immediately with zero interest when you purchase your Sunlux system outright.
LOW RATES – NO HIDDEN FEES
Switch to solar with affordable monthly payments that are lower than your current electric bill.
Lease solar panels and get instant savings with no money out of pocket.
RATE LOCK GUARANTEE
Never pay another energy bill for years. We’ll show you how.
Talk to our experts now
Get a free, no-pressure consultation and start saving today!
Call us at (877) 467-6712 or fill out the form below and a Sunlux professional will contact you right away!
California & Texas Solar GALLERY
Go solar without sacrificing the curb appeal of your home. See for yourself!
Learn More about solar
Read about the latest in solar energy and smart home news.
Electricity Prices Keep Rising!
When will the rising cost of electricity stop going up?! Unfortunately, electricity prices have been on the rise due to inflation. Since 1970, prices have
Increase Your Property Value With Solar
Curious about how to increase property value? Many people don’t realize that not only does a solar system eliminate your electric bill, but it can
Your Guide To Investment Tax Credit – Solar
One big reason why you should go solar sooner rather than later is the investment tax credit (ITC) for solar energy. This allows owners of