sunlux: best southern california solar energy company
Save Money on Your Rising Electric Bills and Help the Environment by Going Solar in Southern California
Talk to our experts now
Get a free, no-pressure consultation and start saving today!
go solar with one of the best southern california solar companies
SolarReviews.com rates us in the top 100!
California is striving to create megawatts of new solar-generated electricity, moving the state towards a clean energy future. And you can help! Join the thousands of home and business owners who have stepped up by installing solar energy systems through the California Solar Initiative.
What Sunlux solar customers say
Don't take our word for it. Read what our valued customers think about us.
- I am so happy with my Sunlux experience! After going through the process I would definitely choose them again without hesitation. I initially reached out to Tesla Solar, which seemed great at first. We had a good initial meeting, the proposal looked good, and the gentleman that did my inspection was so nice. Then everything went sideways. After my inspection the initial estimate went up $8,500 for additional costs. I called my local utility company to verify what Tesla Solar was telling me was needed. My utility company sent someone to my house to inspect and verified it was not needed. Suddenly, I had a hard time getting a hold of my Project Manager at Tesla and the engineers could not agree on the requirements. Every few weeks they would just send me an email asking if I had signed the documents yet. They didn’t want to discuss what the utility company said. That is when I called other companies, including Sunlux. My sales contact, Rob M*******, worked with me and answered all of my questions. After reviewing the proposals, I researched the equipment on each proposal. The pricing was all competitive, but the equipment Sunlux quoted was far superior and the reviews were great. That is when I signed with Sunlux. Everyone I talked to, emailed, or that came to our house was friendly, professional, and overly polite. From my Project Manager, Emma S******, to the techs sent to our house for installation and inspections, everyone was knowledgeable and amazing. Emma kept me informed every step of the way and I did my part by emailing or calling when I had questions. Every email or call was responded to quickly. If someone did not know the answer to my question, they would have someone call me with the answer right away. Every inspection was passed easily. They submitted everything for me and made the whole process seamless. My solar system was turned on today and I am excited to see the kW it started producing right away. I will be referring everyone to Sunlux!PAGE M. 7/30/2019
- Sunlux had the slightly smaller panels that are more conducive, so I went with them. I liked the rep's level of communication. But the biggest thing for me is the supply chain issues hampered their ability to just stick with a specific vendor for their panels. When I first engaged, they talked about using LG panels, then about using Panasonic. Towards the end, they were, "I'm not sure if we're gonna be able to use the Panasonic. We may have to switch to Tesla." At which time I said, "I can't use the Tesla because I won't get a comparable sized system." They said that they would make available the Panasonics. So managing their supply chain for the consistent product delivery would be the area that I would improve the most. Other than that, I would not hesitate to recommend Sunlux to a friend. But I would warn him that supply chain issues are impacting their ability to do certain layouts.Mitch 3/31/2022
- I got my solar installed last July by Sunlux. I have done tons of research before I went with them. I am so happy I did. Everyone in their team has customer's first mentality. I can't stress how professional in every step of the way. Even after the system has installed, they still treat you like VIP. I will recommend Sunlux to anyone who wants solar panels for their homes. They are on par with AMAZON in terms of service and quality. Truly amazing purchasing experience!Johnny H. 1/05/2021
- Selling Reviews Yelp,google(Premium Quality)James P. 1/31/2021
Guaranteed confidentiality and quality of reviews
All accounts of real users, with reviews and friends
If the review is removed, we will replace it with a new one for free.
Contact us email@example.com
Reviews on Yelp
10 reviews on Yelp = $ 450
20 reviews on Yelp = $ 800
50 reviews on Yelp = $ 2200
Reviews on googl
10 reviews in googl = $ 250
20 reviews in googl = 450 $
50 reviews in googl = 1000 $
- Sunlux has been an amazing from start to finish. We had an excellent consultation and build for our system based on our past year with the electric company. Everything that followed was on schedule and delivered as promised. We had an excellent project manager that kept us informed of a few schedule changes. (Current state of affairs and rain). The installers were friendly and had great attention to detail. Sunlux delivered everything promised and then some. Highly recommended!Brymer 4/09/2020
- What stood out for me about SunLux was they also have a roofing company, which at the time, I needed to redo my roof. So, they gave me the package deal. The service seemed really well. I worked with Adam who was the lead manager on the project. He was amazing. I definitely recommend him. SunLux also has very reasonable pricing. They were also very honest and always responding back to calls. So we ended up doing two homes with them. What I appreciated about them was their response and due diligence to satisfy the customer. If I said, “Oh, kinda like this,” they were on it. We ended up financing the solar panels and it was really fair because the funds were released, and the partial, because of where they were with the process. Then the final payment was released from the lender when the project was finished based on my satisfaction. That was really well-done and I was very happy with that.Sermed 2/13/2021
- Initially, I questioned the utility of solar panels: how much they reduce the cost of electricity, how quick & easy the installation goes, etc. So for years, I passed up every opportunity that arose to get solar panels done. Eventually solar panel systems began popping up everywhere and I knew the benefits were no longer a fantasy. I called a few places and ended up with SunLux who offered the most competitive prices. My sales representative Trang Phung explained a structure that was easy to understand and made me so much more comfortable with the process. Installation was brief and my energy bill has been drastically reduced! If you're on the fence about solar panels - don't be. SunLux will take care of you! -Kim NguyenTristen T. 6/12/2019
- I just had SunLux do my solar and had a very positive experience from our Project Manager, Alex van der Colff, Adam Cunningham and Mike Valencia.Charles D. 7/22/2022
Alex kept me in the loop throughout the entire process and communicated any delays and timelines to me via text and phone call. The install of the panels were clean and I even had my electric panel upgraded (which were all done within a day).
I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for solar. The experience exceeded my expectations.
- SunLux is growing into Northern California. I was a bit skeptical about doing business with a company still based in Southern California, but they sent a crew up to do a site inspection and a crew to do the installation. When the installation was inspected, the city inspector complimented then on the job they did Frank, the crew lead was great at keeping us informed throughout the installation process and his team, Art and Eder were neat. Lorena, the project manager was very good about communicating about the design process, permitting, and everything happening behind the scenes.Lar B. 9/05/2018
I can recommend them without reservation.
- Please do your solar system research homework. I spent almost 8 years researching and interviewing prospective solar installers and finally settled on Sunlux Energy Inc. My installation was one of the first to use both solar and battery systems. This install was tough going at first, however, Sunlux provided on-going support throughout the entire process. In fact, Sunlux continues to provide great support to this day. My first yearly bill indicated that SCE owed me. Wow! Now that's a smoking solar/battery system. Kudos to Sunlux Energy Inc.Anthony G. 2/08/2019
- I spend several months researching and getting quotes from multiple solar contractors.Moises R. 11/07/2019
Let me tell you it was a big learning experience. At the end I decided to go with Sunlux.
They give me the best price and best guarantee than the other three solar companies for the system I was looking for.. They really took care of me and made the most effort to earn my business. Another key factor was their customer reviews. The process was smooth and very professional. Their installers where also very professional and pay attention to detail, taking my input and answering any questions I had.
I'm so glad I went with Sunlux.
- Sunlux installed our system at the end of last year, and we have been online since January. We decided to go with a ground mounted system, and so far we are very pleased with the results. We decided to go with them after hearing their advertisements on the radio. We appreciate how Sunlux has a very strong customer service team that is proactive to check on how things are going or answer any questions.R O. 6/05/2019
- Sunlux did a very good job with the installation, on time as promised, and the installers were all very competent and easy to work with. They obtained HOA approval promptly and were able to work through some nit-picking with the city inspector. They applied for SDG&E rebate for battery system. System was working after it was turned on, but the reporting feature had a glitch due to a bad part in the solar edge controller so that erroneous usage metrics were reported, but they obtained a new part and now system reporting is accurate. Very satisfied customer.tom m. 7/02/2018
- I liked Sunlux's warranty on the LG panels, the pricing, and the production guarantee. The rep was pretty good although he got a little impatient with us at the end because we had competing bids and we were interested in getting a fair deal. There were a few mistakes that were made on the contracts that they sent us that had to get revised. But for the most part, he seemed pretty informed. Our system hasn't been installed yet. There are a lot of people trying to install solar right now and so they anticipate that we're hoping that it will be installed by the end of the year. But they are staying in communication with us.Brian 11/02/2021
- SunLux came highly recommended as an outstanding company for our solar needs, and they did not disappoint us! We wanted to add a battery backup unit to our existing solar system to prepare for power outages and emergencies. After doing our research and contacting a few solar companies we choose SunLux. They presented the most comprehensive plan, worked with us to make sure they met our needs and have a wonderful professional staff that made the entire process seamless. They made the installation a smooth experience, from securing permits and dealing with SCE for connection to the grid, it couldn� t have been a better experience. The installers were professional, neat and experienced and had the system installed in a day. The few places they had to chip or cut away stucco were patched, repaired and blended in perfectly. SunLux facilitated our new battery backup system into our SolarEdge online monitoring account so we can monitor our entire system from anyplace. We highly recommend SunLux for any of your solar needs!Stacie K. 10/24/2019
- My husband and I live in Wildomar, Ca .We choose Sunlux Solar to installed our solar panel in July 2020. We had been doing research on solar for over two years.Eazy G. 11/10/2020
We did our homework and choose between 5 different company's in the area that we live. We went out and talk to other Sunlux customers and review their opinion. There was lower price and higher price company's out there. We went with a happy medium price and Quality of materials . As we all know Solar Panels are not cheap. Sunlux Solar did a great job and were quick to install . They were install within 2 1/2 days. According to my neighbors that was very quick.
- I wanted to be as independent of the electrical grid as I could be. I had done part of the house with solar and I had a Tesla battery. But I realized that I was generating about half the power I needed to offset my power bill. So, I called SunLux and had them come to double what I already had. And that brought me to net zero on my electric bill. In fact, Edison sent me a check last year, so I appreciated that.Aside from that, I had concerns with the company that I had used before with the quality of their workmanship, but SunLux stressed that their workmanship would be excellent, and it was. They said that they would run the cables through the attic and not over the top of the roof, which made it more pleasant to the eye, so I was very happy. They also tied my Tesla battery into the system so that I've got the two solar systems and the Tesla battery all connected together.I started the process with SunLux a year ago and they got the installation done beautifully. But it took a long time to get the permission to operate, so I kept calling them to ask what was holding it up. They said that it was Edison that was holding it up, so it took a couple of months after the installation before I could turn the system on. Other than that, I love the solar system that I've got. Plus I drive a plug-in hybrid car, so my car basically runs on sunlight. I charge it in my garage overnight and I drive it to work, then I can plug it in where I work to drive home. So, if I've decided to work at home, I don't ever have to buy any gasoline.Dave 2/20/2021
- Was very pleased that the owner reached out to help find a reasonable solution for both parties. Once the issue was explained, he made sure that the customer walked away happy and I think everyone wins with that in mind.Went with Sunlux to get a solar system to hook up an electric jacuzzi (that was a mistake right away, should not use electric to heat jacuzzi, not worth it at all, even with solar). I told the salesmen this was the purpose of installing solar, and he said great and led me down the path to obtain solar with Sunlux. My bill went through the roof once I started running my jacuzzi and after multiple attempts, no one at Sunlux is willing to help in anyway... they are literally in it just for the sale, don't waste your time and go with literally any other solar company!!! Also, if you are military, they don't offer any discounts, just FYI...Torry 5/11/2021
- I took bids from four other companies and I thought SunLux' salesman was professional and was persistent with his follow-up. He always had the answers or he came back with the answers, and their quote was competitively priced. He was able to give me the product that I was looking for, which was the Panasonic panels and the SolarEdge system. I have a certain kind of a roof called a TPO roof which is like a vinyl roof. And some companies would charge extra, some wouldn't, but he just acted like, "No big deal, we can take care of that." So it gave me confidence in him. I was in the final hours of making decision with another company and I changed, because I thought he was exceptional.And then once we signed the paperwork, I got passed off to a project manager and she was amazing. She is probably one of the best communicators. And if you've ever gone through construction yourself, it's usually not fun. All you ever want somebody to do, whether it's news you wanna hear or not, I just want them to be honest. Because nothing in construction is easy, right? Things happen. People don't show up for work, there's hidden damage, or suppliers, or short of stock. It's just the way the world is. But when somebody calls you up before you have to call them, to say, "Where are your people?", or when they call you up in advance and you're confident that they'll call you, no matter it's good or bad news, it makes the experience very enjoyable.The customer service person was one of the best I've ever encountered. I'm in the construction business. We run a service company, which is one of the largest in our field in Southern California. I wanted to steal her. And then, we had a few glitches at the end which is we just don't get wigged about because we knew if they were taking care of them, what else could you ask? Because you're not going to make an omelet without cracking a couple of eggs. And being in the construction business, it's just part of it. It's more not how you handle when everything goes right, it's how do you handle things when everything doesn’t go according to plan or right. She was exceptional on keeping things moving and staying in communication, good news or bad news. It's more important to communicate me when things aren't going to schedule.We haven't had a bill since the panels have been installed. We had a credit because we were doing what would they call a billing average plan where you pay a bit more during the winter to have a more billing through the summer months. About a month ago, we got a $435 rebate. That was because they took the excess they collected during the winter and figured that we're going to have solar panels that work during the summer. We had a bad inverter when we first started. It took SunLux a little while to figure it out that we had a problem. And then, they came out and fixed it right away. But it has been producing electricity for a month and a half.You're looking for somebody that makes your life easy. You can do your part, my part is to pay the money and to select the best vendor, and they made me look good in front of my wife, so what else would I want? You're more dealing with the person that's putting it up and a bit more hands-on guy, but I feel I made the right decision. And after going through the experience, you still have fond feelings of the company that you chose. In the construction business where things don't always go perfect, that's pretty good, if you still have good feeling and you're still glad that you chose the person you have. I would definitely recommend SunLux.Paul 5/12/2020
- SunLux contacted me and agreed I was treated badly. The lady that answered my call went out on maternity leave the following day (stressed due to upcoming leave). Joe and Guillermo contacted me and explained the problem. I now have an appointment for my solar estimate. I appreciate them reaching out to me and their ability to recognize a problem and rectify it.Patricia M. 11/20/2018
- When I talked to the SunLux representative, he was very informative. He talked to me to get me exactly what I was looking for. So, it really worked out. Because of COVID, a lot of our interactions were mostly over the phone and emailing back and forth, but he was very quick to respond to me. He covered a lot of good options, and I was able to make a good decision with the options he gave me. Unfortunately, it's not a smooth process for anybody. I don't think any company would have done better. Any delays and stuff that we had were really from our city. It wasn't really from SunLux themselves. They did really good.We went with 16 panels. From talking to my agent, we looked at what I used the prior year. Then, he gave me a recommendation. From there, I gave him my input. We decided that 16 was going to be adequate for my house. The panels were just turned on like halfway through the cycle. I noticed that I am taking in a lot of energy from the sun because I monitor it through my LG app. But I haven't really seen a bill with it in full effect for the whole month. So, from what I've seen right now, it's right on track to pretty much close to get me to almost no energy consumption from the grid. It's doing what I wanted it to do. So, so far, I'm pretty happy with it. The only little thing was when the installers came, I didn't like the way something was done and I asked them to fix it. They said, “Oh, it’s not going to be an issue. Don't worry about it.” I felt like, “I'm the owner. I'm the guy. I just want you to tweak this to the left a little bit. Just tweak it to the left a little bit.” It wasn't anything emergent. It was just a conduit connection to one of the panels. My concern was that it was a little bit crooked and they didn't have a good seal. He checked it. He said it had a good seal. But I just felt like it was petty. I just felt like if I was the tech, I would have been like, “You know what? If you want to straight, I'll put it straight. You're the guy.” They left it like that. I haven't had any issues with it but I keep my eye on it. Other than that, I do recommend SunLux. My neighbors have been asking, so I've been giving them their number. I need to put them in my referral since I can get credits.Carlos 6/15/2021
- We are at the paperwork portion of the process and my rep, Erica, has been doing well. She was very accommodating, answered all my questions, and helped me through everything. She caught a little issue before going into the HOA approval process. I forgot to sign one of the areas on there. We fixed that quickly. I’m happy that I chose SunLux.John 12/04/2021
- SunLux has been a good provider so far. I am currently walking through the prerequisites. The main electrical panel needs to be relocated so SunLux sent Edison out to confirm that the electrical panel wouldn't be an issue. So, I spoke with them. They gave me a cost, but I'm getting comparable quotes now. They had an original design for the solar panels. After proposing that, there was a slight modification to the final design that they provided me. So, I have them looking back at that to see if we can meet the original design request. Everyone has been helpful and informative.Emmanuel 11/25/2021
- My experience with SunLux was good until they sent me an email calling me sir. I wrote back and said, “How many men do you know named Nancy?” And then, they also sent me another email saying that my wife is a mister as well. I told them to get their pronouns right or I'm not gonna do it. The company sent something out to all their employees and reacted very positively to my feedback. Everyone’s been very supportive of me after I told them about that. They stepped up, and I appreciated it.Nancy 6/12/2021
- We heard about Sunlux through a friend who used the company and specifically put us in touch with Chris. We called him and it was great. We liked how easy he explained everything really well to us. However, we had a little bump recently. My husband was home, and whoever came out to do the site audit didn't talk to my husband. In one of the emails that came through, I was a little confused because I wasn't sure exactly what the representative was asking us. I sent a clarifying email, then after that, the email that she sent back was a lot more clear. She was asking us about where we're gonna put the EVs. We're going back and forth now through email, trying to finalize where our EV outlets are gonna go. Nothing's been installed, but so far, Sunlux has been great. They're very responsive. If there’s anything, it's us on our end that has been lagging behind. There is a lag time in between when you’re communicating through email, and it’s hard. One time, my husband and I were like, “Well, did you answer?” “No, I thought you answered.” It took longer than we wanted it to go, but we try to respond quickly and Sunlux always responds quickly back to us.Michelle 2/18/2023
- SunLux came highly recommended as an outstanding company for our solar needs, and they did not disappoint us! We wanted to add a battery backup unit to our existing solar system to prepare for power outages and emergencies. After doing our research and contacting a few solar companies we choose SunLux. They presented the most comprehensive plan, worked with us to make sure they met our needs and have a wonderful professional staff that made the entire process seamless. They made the installation a smooth experience, from securing permits and dealing with SCE for connection to the grid, it couldn’t have been a better experience. The installers were professional, neat and experienced and had the system installed in a day. The few places they had to chip or cut away stucco were patched, repaired and blended in perfectly. SunLux facilitated our new battery backup system into our SolarEdge online monitoring account so we can monitor our entire system from anyplace. We highly recommend SunLux for any of your solar needs!Stacie K. 10/24/2019
- Sunlux is super professional. They installed our solar within 2 days of the approved permit. Our Project Manager Erika ****** is super efficient and responsible. I had an issue with the power on Friday night after the installation and sent her an email at 12:17 AM midnight. The tech shows up at my door the next morning at 8AM. When I saw the tech, I am speechless with their service. Jerry **** is my sales representative, very knowledgeable about the solar, and usually, reply to my text in a minute. He even helps me take some pictures of the solar panel with his drone. I would like to give them 6 stars! I never have this kind's positive experience with any construction projects.Steve 7/14/2020
- The SunLux products were a little bit more than some of their competitors but I was okay with that knowing some of the other pluses. I wanted to go solar because of the environment and then the cost-savings. Also, a friend of mine touted the extra warranty stuff that SunLux had that other people didn’t have. The project is done. We paid outright. But the handymen who came to do a lot of the clean-up work and modifications failed to finish it. They had to move our panel box and they had to redo some stucco but they just haphazardly did it. They were super quick to get out of there. I had to constantly follow up with SunLux. But as far as the customer service reps, they were great. The actual panels are fine and everything works great. Overall, we're happy.Andrew 5/16/2020
- Suxlux installed my solar array almost 3 years ago. I am very happy with the production of my system and have produced enough energy for my growing family and I. I gave them a call recently because I was thinking about getting an electric car and wanted additional panels to be installed. Adam ********** and Garrett ****** has been extremely helpful and very responsive. They took a look at my bill and didn’t try to sell me/over sell me on the panels THAT I wanted. They advised that since I was producing MORE energy then what I needed all I needed was Consumption Monitoring to see hour by hour how much energy I was producing and how much energy I was using. This would help me monitor my system to coincide with my SCE TOU plan to see if I even need more panels with the electric car. They came and installed the Enphase Consumption CT’s in under an hour. It was quick and they cleaned up after themselves. I was up and running again and checking my Enphase app every hour. Now I can charge my electric car at night when electricity is the cheapest and I might not even need more panels!Avin S. 7/03/2020
- Our experience with Sunlux was great. Our initial consult with Tracy was scheduled promptly and I was seriously impressed with his level of knowledge and ability to answer all of my questions. The system was designed and sized exactly as I wanted and meets the needs of our current and expanding family. The install team was professional and courteous. I did have to monitor them a bit more than I had wanted to insure everything was done to my exacting standards but in the end it turned out great. It has been a month and the production is right on track. I am already saving money! It was a great experience from start to finish.Christoph P. 7/08/2019
- We have had our solar with Sunlux for 8 months now. We are extremely happy with the solar production and customer service. Everybody I've talked to has been very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. Solar is a huge investment and I feel good knowing that Sunlux will be there for us for the long haul.Crissy B. 6/19/2020
- This is a very professional group of people. Everyone was responsive and helpful. The only problem, which wasn't their fault, was the time it took for the city inspector and the electric company to turn on the panels. I've only had the panels for a short time, but so far this has been a very pleasant experienceTherese B. 5/09/2019
- Three companies called me to give me a quote. When I reviewed the quote from SunLux and the equipment that was gonna be placed, I liked it a lot better. It was not the price that I liked but the system. It was a better option for me. It was going to be LG panels, and they were going to be 375 watts each panel. They were going to be providing 7.5 kilowatts.The SunLux representatives were helpful, knowledgeable and pretty professional. The salesperson had a really good communication. Also, the project manager was always in contact with me. I got 19 panels because they were gonna provide the energy that they promised that they were gonna get me. The installation went pretty smoothly.Jesus 6/16/2021
- The salesperson was really good. He was very instrumental with my choosing SunLux. I had some concerns but he was able to answer it. At the same time, I felt sincerity and authenticity from him. SunLux did their best to try to be the hub for everything but there are a lot of moving parts. There's SunLux and there's the financing. Then I'm in a unique situation where I also have an HOA. For my HOA, I had to fill out forms and it would have been great if SunLux did that for me. The city approved the project and SunLux took care of that part, which is great. Once HOA approves the project, we're going to schedule the installation.Michael 11/30/2021
- I did alot of research prior to coming across sunlux so I knew what I was looking for. sunlux was referred to me by my patio cover company ABOVE AND BEYOND PATIOS so I called and talked to Adam no hard sell gave me everything I wanted connected me to the finance company and worked with me was upfront about everything. Permits and equipment took a little time but they kept me informed about everything do your research and you will see sunlux is the right fit. Be sure to read all contracts because had a couple of companies try to get me to sign prior to roof inspection and I noticed that equipment was left out. But not with SunluxTim S. 3/03/2021
- The stock market was at 30,000, so we had a little extra money. I happened to get a glance at our electric bill, and I thought it was pretty high. I had been considering solar for a very long time, but it seemed it just got to a point where it was pretty efficient. It made sense that if I waited any longer, I'd be too old to buy. I was talking to SunLux and Sunrun, but it really was a matter of price and salespeople to a certain extent. I was going to go with Sunrun because they were affiliated with Costco, and I thought I'd have some recourse if we had problems. But when we ventured into it, the SunLux salesperson was much more knowledgeable and upfront than the other guy, and then they sweetened the deal by putting in a level 2 plug for electric car charger in my garage. The whole process took almost two months from the time we’d signed the contract until the time it was turned on. A lot of that delay was waiting for the city to come take a look and sign off. The installation took a day. Solar always seems to make sense. My calculations say that we’ll break even in seven years. So, it's like prepaying your electric bill. It certainly is good for the environment. I'm also fascinated with the technology. In the morning, I wake up, and the first thing I do is go to the application where I can see how much energy we produced so far today. There was a gal in the office, her name was Berlyn. She was holding my hand as we went through the process with the city, and she kept me up-to-date on exactly what was happening. She would go back and remind them that they hadn't done their job yet and she just communicated perfectly. Then after it was installed, there was another gentleman who called me to make sure everything was going correctly. The support was excellent. Everybody was friendly and knowledgeable.Kenneth 6/20/2020
- I have been pleased with SunLux. It just started to kick in and the bill is considerably lower. I had one issue with them. After they did the stucco work to my side of my house, they didn't match the paint very well and they didn't paint well. Whoever came out was very sloppy. I took some pictures and I sent the pictures to them. They came out the very next day and fixed it up. They were very quick to respond to an issue that I had with them.Bill 2/25/2021
- We had compared a few different companies and finally decided on Sunlux. While the price are pretty standard in the market, the deciding factors for us were the warranty (the guaranty level of electricity production over 25 years period) and the brand of panels they use. Once the contract was signed, the rest was really easy. They were very good at communicating with us, always returned calls, text when we had questions. The scheduling, installation and city inspection was painless and smooth. So, overall, very happy with the experience.Shirley L. 2/20/2020
- I highly recommend Sunlux! They are honest, responsive, and very customer focused. Couldn't ask for a better company to work with. If you appreciate a company who honors their commitments without any hassle this is the company to hire. No third party installers. Employees are knowledgeable, polite, and will exceed your expectations. You can count on Sunlux to make things rightMiguel C. 6/09/2022
- After a couple of years of contemplating solar and receiving a number of quotes, we decided to go with SunLux for our solar system. They were not the very cheapest (but close), but I felt that Tracy Woodburn, our sales consultant, really listened to our needs and not only was confident in SunLux's ability to deliver, but communicated this without a lot of heavy pressure like another large company did (via a large membership store). I also liked that much of the initial discussion and evaluation was done over the phone and email after Tracy viewed our home on GoogleEarth. None of the other companies were willing to do as much without meeting with us in our home where the heavy sales pressure was started.Lynn B. 4/07/2019
We initially spoke about 20 panels, but the original design only had 19. I contacted Tracy who immediately took it back to the design team, and very quickly we had a plan with 20 panels. I appreciated that Tracy hadn't over-promised and also that he stood by his word and made sure we got what we had asked for.
Everybody who came to our house for the installation was professional, polite, and highly skilled. The work that was done looks beautiful. We ended up needing a new electric panel and we were not charged any additional fee. The city then said the panel needed to be moved, and SunLux quickly sent out a team to do this. Again, no additional fee, no grumbling, and beautiful work.
We had a change in Project Managers partway through the job, and Tracy Woodburn remained a point of contact throughout so that whenever I had a question or concern, he made sure that I got the answer.
At the very end of the project there was some miscommunication about a 220 outlet that we wanted installed. It is entirely possible that the misunderstanding was on my end, and not on the end of the company, but SunLux honored my understanding of the agreement and completed that installation.
We've only had one full month of operation, but the system overproduced for that one month, which is easy to track with the software and website they signed me up with.
Would I recommend SunLux? Absolutely! I'm not sure if the other sales staff remain as involved as Tracy did, but I would recommend that you ask for him, as he really made the process much smoother from start to finish!
- I kept on going back and forth and wavering if it was something I wanted to spend that much money on, if I wanted to come out of pocket and pay for it or if I just wanted to finance it. Finally, I thought of financing it, and once I made my decision, everything after that went fast. The people did a good job with the installation. One of the screens was broken so they had to replace that. There was one decision they had where they thought they could move a couple panels, wasn't in the right place, so they called and got the approval through their people and then me about it. I told them if they figure it will be better in this location then that's fine so they moved everything and set it up really quickly.From the beginning, know how many panels you really need. I expressed that to the guy I was working with. When I looked at everything, it seemed like the amount of panels I got is what I really need, so he developed the system perfectly, above and beyond what I thought. When I look at the charts, I'm producing 33% more than the average people. Once summer hits, I’ll produce a lot more.Timothy 5/14/2021
- They've been thorough. They've followed up, responded to emails, tried to make it easy and communicated. It was just wow. I just wish more people were like that in their business. The spiel of the SunLux rep was so clear and well-organized. He anticipated all of the questions that we were probably going to ask. He wasn't one of those salesman types that is like, "How much money do you think you're gonna save...", that is such a time suck as a way to try to engage you. He just engaged personally, instead of through dorky, recommended, inexperienced people. I didn't feel any pressure. We have a date scheduled for installation on November 17th. I was expecting it to take longer and I'm very impressed that it hasn't. I hope it stays that way.Melissa 11/11/2021
- I did a solar energy system with Sunlux on my house about three years ago, and everything went very smoothly. The process was close to three months because I had a different situation where my roof tile is Spanish tile. It cannot take the penetration of a rack system on the roof so they had to strip off the areas of the roof where they were going to put solar panels and do composition paper underneath that to waterproof it all. Then they mounted the racks and brought the Spanish tile back up to the edge of the solar panels. Once they got that done, the solar panels were installed within a couple of weeks. They were on time regularly for the rest of the stuff.Dan 2/19/2022
- Sunlux installed our system at the end of last year, and we have been online since January. We decided to go with a ground mounted system, and so far we are very pleased with the results. We decided to go with them after hearing their advertisements on the radio. We appreciate how Sunlux has a very strong customer service team that is proactive to check on how things are going or answer any questions.R O. 3/03/2019
- Juan and his crew were terrific. They showed up early. He and the crew were courteous, efficient, and professional! They worked cleanly. They swept the area before they left. I didn't have to worry about anything. Sunlux has been on top of every step of this project! No problems with the entire process!Jerry M. 12/18/2019
- This is actually my first time writing an online review as I felt Sunlux was truly amazing and professional to work with. Being naturally skeptical about to idea of solar all together and after researching numerous companies, the following outlines a truly great experience. I believe the whole process took about 3 month from around late August to early November.Fernando Martinez 12/10/2020
The Team (at least who I got to work with):
Chris A, Michael V, Erika G, Jessica B, Michael McC. * From presenting, keeping me updated, and promptly answering question, they were all truly professional every step of the way.
1. Upon reaching out with interest, an online live presentation was scheduled. Equipment description, sky view simulation of panels installed on my roof, costs, warranties, payment options, tax-benefits were very well presented. I never felt pressured into making a decision on the spot, which I don't with similar financial decisions. I recall saying I needed a couple days and was politely understood.
2. After doing the math, it just made complete sense. I called back and signed. FYI: There are several financial options, chose what works for you.
3. Home/Roof Evaluation was scheduled, Final Design sent for my approval, installation day, city inspection, and final touches all ran smoothly with no issues. Whenever I had a question, someone got back to me within an hour. Sometime minutes.
One month into my panels fully operating, I could not be happier. Even during these short and sometimes cloudy days, my bill is -$3. Yes, negative. Meaning that my electricity company owes my money for a change. My last 3 bills had been around $300 per month.
The installation and panels are pretty much bumper to bumper warrantied for 25 Years. While I hope I never have use for it, I feel confident that Sunlux will assist in resolving any issue.
- Our experience with Sunlux was great. The salesperson was knowledgeable and walked us through the process of selecting the right amount of panels for our roof.Mike S. 10/25/2019
The design department worked with us through the permit and layout process. When the panels finally where installed about 6 weeks later we where very happy.
The entire crew was very professional and well trained. Overall I would can recommend Sunlux to everyone.
Thank you to the entire crew! GREAT JOB!
- Bill was my salesperson from SunLux. It's a local company. He was great. He gave me his own number. He would answer calls out over the weekend. He lives nearby, so he knows the neighborhood and circumstances. Then I had a first project manager, Regina, who got COVID. Then I got switched over to Gabriel who’s been outstanding. There seems to be, though, a separate side for permitting and HOA application. The person in charge of my case had been Regina. Regina hasn't been too responsive. Almost everything, I've been going through Gabriel. I don't know how they delegate the work, but it feels to me like he's doing more than how the department’s divided up ‘cause Regina’s unresponsiveness. It was hard. Regina, from the HOA application and permitting side, sent me an email early on. Some of the information on the HOA application was missing, so I sent her a response. But I never got an answer. I tried calling her and never got a callback. Gabriel took care of it, so everything's fine now.The only concern I have is in between departments, there might not be enough communication. He has to proactively go out and check what's the status of this side, of the HOA side, and the city permitting side of the process was going. It didn't seem like he was 100% normally informed about that side. But other than that, Gabriel has been fine.The only reason I pressed pretty hard to go fast is that there’s that net metering 3.0 coming up. If it weren’t for that deadline, I wouldn't care so much if they're all on top of it. If it gets delayed a month, that's fine. But just because of the timing, I've had to be more on top of it than I would have liked to. It’s taking a little more time than I would have preferred. But all things considered, we're doing good.Samuel 1/26/2022
- We like our rep, Gary. He was helpful, knowledgeable and willing and available to answer every and excess question that I ended up having. We got two different projects with SunLux going on and right now, they are waiting for the City of Long Beach to approve all the design so it's kind of at a standstill. There was also a little bit of delay sometimes with communication back. But we were dealing with Christmas and New Year so it was kind of understandable. The process has been easy, so far.Laura 1/07/2022
- After being harassed by a couple other companies (not naming names), we did some more research and SunLux was a breath of fresh air. Everyone from the sales rep to the project manager to the installers have been so professional, communicative and a pleasure to work with. The installation was completed way sooner than I imagined, like a crew of beyond efficient (and clean) ninjas. Our only issue, which is so minor and not on SunLux at all, was a missing in action inspector from the city to give the approval of instal which was quickly resolved by the project manager. Obviously the quality of the physical work is highly commended, but equally as is the quality of customer care. The cost seemed a bit high for me at first, but you get what you pay for. And other unnamed companies were a bit sketchy about the final final cost of everything "because things always come up", but there was full transparency in the agreed upon price and we weren't surprised by anything. Being first time home owners, this project seemed like it was going to be quite the ordeal. But unlike trying to get our Nest system to connect to the internet, this whole process was seamless and (honestly) too easy. Would not hesitate or skip a beat to recommend them to anyone.Rachel T. 1/30/2019
- Starting with initial consultation to installation with SunLux was real smooth. There was a little glitch with county inspection, but SunLux technicians took care of the issue. I was well informed about each stage of the process. Whole process took less than 3 months which is shorter than what I expected. Everyone from SunLux that I dealt were as pleasant as they we're professional. I am happy with my decision to go with SunLux.Myung Y. 11/20/2019
- I've had a very positive experience with Sunlux. I feel they are an ethical company that stands by their word. There were some problems with employee turnover over the course of installing my system, so it ended up taking longer than it should have to get solar activated. I worked with Adam and Jessica to get compensated for my lost production. They were good to keep their word and worked hard to make things right. Now my Sunlux system is activated and my first bill was completely zeroed out. I was SO happy! Sunlux assessed my need and my difficult issue with a big tree that shades much of my house correctly. I'm very happy overall.Aimee C. 4/20/2020
- The staff and installers were very professional. The reason for 4.5 stars was due to the delay to add the protective netting. By the time the netting was installed (3 weeks later) the pigeons made a mess nesting under the panels. Although Sunlux took care of cleaning the panels, it could have been avoided if all the materials were ordered and onsite at the time the panels were installed. Not a deal breaker for me and I would recommend them to anyone!T C. 11/14/2017
- I'm glad I didn't give up on my solar project because I almost did. Back in 2019, I was ready to move ahead with the project and went to Energysage.com get quotes. I've had over 10 quotes and I actually even signed up with another installer at the time (not SunLux) and started the project. Then shortly after the project started I was told they discovered my roof had issues so the project was cancelled. I cancelled in part 1) the installer didn't do roofing and I didn't want to deal with multiple contractors and 2) the unexpected cost in the project. And apparently, the installer wasn't too excited about either, it seem. I guess most installers out there just want the easy installs but that's not the real world out there.I all but had given up. Then 6 months later I decided I give it another try and recalled Sunlux had given me a quote prior but never follow on it. Explained my situation to Tracy, my Sunlux consultant and he said my roof is certainly not an issue. He was very responsive to my needs, customized a system that I want and even had a great suggestion on the panel placement. How it looks is as important as the power.So with contract signed, this is typically where most solar project fall apart (right?) and this is what I heard from my neighbors with their solar project from a different installer. Nope, not with Sunlux. The project moved quickly and it stayed that way. I got coordinated with the project manager Jennifer and she made sure all my concerns were addressed. Even with Covid, the project took no more than 3 months and the bulk of the wait is with permitting. Very happy with the overall install experience, pricing, and service. If you have a roof issue like mine I highly recommend you give Sunlux a try. Highly recommended!Simon 6/24/2020
- I picked Sunlux for solar to install on my elderly parents house. This was after 5 other quotes. Price was the best. From signing contract to power up was better than imagined. Even with weather delays (wet in socal this year) they got past the delays. Customer service is fantastic. They know how to design a system. I recommend them highly.Ronald J. 6/12/2019
- We had a Zoom meeting with Sunlux and they were very knowledgeable. They seemed to be upfront about options and reviewed our electric bills and came up with a few different solutions for us. Our agent was Gary and he seemed to be very knowledgeable. He never stuttered or couldn't answer a question. He presented himself as knowing his job. Email seemed to be the best form of communication. I received answers every time I sent an email. They sent me back either a follow-up or an answer to my question. The gentleman that did the site audit physically came out here and took pictures and measured. He explained what he was doing before he did it. He explained that he was done and what was left to do. So I was really happy with the field person. I've been happy with everybody I've had contact with. Their information packet was extensive and thorough. If there was another website that I needed to go to, it was all in that packet.Lorie 10/19/2022
- I looked at a few companies and then decided on SunLux. They had a local office somewhere close by, so they were closer. They are also a smaller company compared to others and price-wise, it was not bad. The person I talked to initially, when they did the sales call, was an older gentleman and he was good. He was an engineer. I had good discussion with him. When I had some issues, I went back to him and he was able to sort it out.They had too many changes at the project management level that led to some confusion initially. I was talking to one person then a couple of weeks later, he left and somebody else took over. There were some transition issues. Other than that, the experience was good overall. Solar in general is a good option now because of all the rebates and it's working out well, so far, about a month now. I would really recommend to go solar and SunLux is one of the good choices.Suraj 3/20/2021
- I had a very pleasant experience with the rep of SunLux. He was very knowledgeable and he answered all of my questions to my satisfaction. When I went with the financing of my solar panels, I went with a different company, Sunrun so that means that SunLux still does not have the financing business 100%. It would greatly improve their company's products and service if they can finance customers on their own. But SunLux helped me through the financing process. The installation team was also very respectful. I knew what was going to go on and it went exactly as planned.Cesar 2/14/2021
- I'm waiting to find out some issue that has developed where I'm not being given much information so it's confusing. Other than that, the whole process has gone very well with SunLux. Even though the installation is done, Bonnie, the main person who was handling my inquiries, is very responsive if there's an additional issue. This falls outside of her purview at this time. There were some broken tiles but they were repaired and SunLux got everything up and running.Peter 6/11/2021
- I have been shopping around a couple of companies and the descriptions and communications were much more detailed and efficient with SunLux, especially the type of product and the warranty was very interesting. The financial part went smoothly. The design has been approved two weeks ago and SunLux said they would send it to the city for approval. My guess is it would go on until next year. But so far, everything is good.Mehrdad 12/10/2021
- It's been good with Sunlux. We're trying to get to the design stage. After that, they have to send that over to the engineers to lay out of a building plan then send that over to my HOA for approval. The only thing is the last quote that I got was a little bit over what I thought it was gonna be. I've been meaning to reach out to someone about that.Carlos 2/18/2023
- It was a pleasure working with Sunlux. From my initial appointment with sales rep Kyle to project manager Liz. Also I want to thank Guillermo and Garrett for explaining how my system works. Everything went smooth with Javier and installation. I was just granted PTO last month so I haven’t received a bill with my solar yet.Ronald G. 11/08/2019
- We are in the process of having SunLux installed. I signed off on the approval and they were gonna request a permit from my city. It's all within the timeframe they told me it was gonna be. They've also been right on top of doing everything they said they are gonna do. Customer service has all gotten back to me right away and has been very helpful. So far, so good.Randy 12/05/2021
- The entire Sunlux team has been incredible from start to finish. During the sales presentation, there was no uncomfortable up selling or pressure by Chris. The installation process managed by Jen was seamless, and whenever there was an issue (all issues were minor) she took considerable effort to ensure our care and solve the problem. The roof and the panels look fabulous and they are producing as expected - we couldn't be happier!! We received 3 other quotes for the project and Sunlux beat the competition in every category, which actually made me a bit nervous, but after going through the whole project, I am blown away that they exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Sunlux and Troy Roofing for any project you might have. Thanks Garrett and the entire Sunlux crew!!Scott M. 7/08/2020
- SunLux was great to work with. Rob ** was a great sales person who explained everything in detail, answered all questions promptly, was available by text even when the job was passed to our team manager, Jennifer. Jennifer ** was always on point with statuses and updates. The financing was handled through them with good rates and options. Much better financing than competitors. The install and roofing went smoothly and when I wanted something fixed quickly they handled it. Our solar install looks amazing and better than the neighbors. I have referred them to others as well. Thank you SunLux!Jessica 2/25/2021
- I liked that with Sunlux, there wasn't any pressure. If I had questions, I could reach out freely without feeling bad about asking a question. The rep, Gary, was relaxed and sounded like he knew his stuff. He was knowledgeable with the technology that we had available to do the presentation. We didn't have to sit there and wait for him to do things. He was comfortable with putting together the presentation while also being able to carry on a conversation. It was an easy conversation and an easy kind of route. The process of financing was quick. There was a discrepancy in the communication between them and Sungage between the years and dollar amount. I contacted Gary over Easter weekend and told him that there was a discrepancy between what they sent Sungage and what Sungage was having me sign. He got everything taken care of before dinnertime. He did well. I wish Sunlux was a little bit cheaper though.Stephen 5/06/2022
- We just signed up with the project and it has yet to commence. But everybody has been cooperative and has been giving me information because everything is new for me. I'm not that knowledgeable in solar or roofing or contracting so they are helping me throughout. Bonnie is our project manager and Gary, who was my initial contact, is the salesperson and engineer. He has been giving me guidance. So, it’s been good. I will recommend others to at least explore the possibility of going with Sunlux and they can make their own calculated decision and look at all the options. And so far, my experience has been wonderful, so I have nothing but praise for Sunlux.Kishor 4/21/2022
- I saw some advertising for SunLux over KFI and I trust those guys. I also heard Bill Handel talking about it for a long time, so I decided to give it a shot. Their team was good. I dealt with Adam for a while, then he passed me on to Jennifer. She followed through with all the steps from the planning to when they came out to assess the roof structurally and through DWP. It was nice and I enjoyed everything about it. Aside from that, the installation was very quick. It was done within two days since they had to change one of the patterns and they had to reroute the power lines for something. The system was hooked up on June 10th and was generating power from day one when SunLux left, but DWP didn't officially hook it up until about a month later. All in all, I'm happy with my system.Gregg 2/18/2021
sunlux makes solar simple
Our founders had a radical idea - that solar energy should be just as easy as traditional electricity! Our 5 step process will have you saving money on your electric bill in no time.
We start out by taking a look at your energy bill to determine needs to provide you with an estimate of how much you can save by going solar with Sunlux Solar. The best part is we’ll answer your questions honestly, making your solar decision simple.
Our PV Designer will create a solar system package with curb appeal, your energy needs and your home specifications in mind. We’ll work closely with you to make sure the design exceeds your expectations, delivering maximum performance and lifespan.
We handle the paperwork for you. Once the design is finalized, our permit technician will put together a detailed permit package and submit it to city of residence for approval.
The solar panel installation will be performed by our highly trained, safety-certified crews, and the onsite project foreman will be there to answer any questions you may have.
Once the city inspector signs off, we will submit the final package to your utility provider for a PTO (Permission to Operate), so we can turn on your Sunlux solar system and you can start saving money.
Learn More about solar
Read about the latest in solar energy and smart home news.
Over the last decade, we’ve seen a significant shift towards renewable energy, particularly solar power. The popularity of solar power systems has skyrocketed, driven by
As we witness a renewable energy revolution, solar power systems are becoming increasingly commonplace. Central to these systems are solar batteries, essential for storing the
Welcome to the energy revolution! As our world transitions towards renewable energy, the introduction of Net Metering 3.0 represents a significant leap forward. If you’re