Prepay your energy use for greater savings
Never pay another energy bill for years. We'll show you how.
No Credit Required
Rate Lock Guarantee
Worry & Maintenance Free
How it works
Enjoy the reward without the commitment.
We’ll install and maintain the solar system. All you have to do is prepay a low, locked-in rate for the electricity it will generate over 25 years. That’s it. Pay one affordable bill and done.
BENEFITS OF Prepaid solar
An alternative to a tax credit.
Just because you can’t take advantage of a solar federal tax credit, doesn’t mean you should miss out on those savings. With this approach, you can claim what you would have saved in taxes as a reduction in your energy costs.
No Credit Required
We have a solution for everyone.
You can still enjoy the benefits of solar even if you have bad credit or have filed for bankruptcy. All you have to do is pay an an affordable, locked-in rate for the electricity—no financing involved.
LEARN WHY SUNLUX IS THE BEST CHOICE IN SOLAR
We manage everything so you don’t have to.
Go solar in less than two months from start to finish with little to no effort. We take care of everything, including working with the city, so you can simply sit backand enjoy the savings.
Your satisfaction is our top priority.
We’ve built our reputation on providing world-class service to our customers. Years of experience and a proven track record ensure you’ll get the very best with Sunlux.
What Sunlux solar customers say
Don't take our word for it. Read what our valued customers think about us.
- The project manager, Bonnie **, worked conscientiously to make the project easy for me. She prepared all the documents for my HOA to review on my behalf, and because she knew what she was doing, my application was approved with no hesitancy on the HOA's part. She answered every question I asked and did so usually on the same day I would email. After the project was completed, she still connected with me to make sure I was still happy and being well served by the new equipment.Dennis 7/11/2021
- It took time to get answers to my questions, but installation was quick and painless. My supposedly local installation was manned, and very well, by a guy in Austin. I repeatedly asked if the panels would have to be cleaned and they said no, until a letter from the Manager a month later. But now a $50 electric bill instead of $488. Good.Sara 9/17/2021
- Our experience with Sunlux was great. Our initial consult with Tracy was scheduled promptly and I was seriously impressed with his level of knowledge and ability to answer all of my questions. The system was designed and sized exactly as I wanted and meets the needs of our current and expanding family. The install team was professional and courteous. I did have to monitor them a bit more than I had wanted to insure everything was done to my exacting standards but in the end it turned out great. It has been a month and the production is right on track. I am already saving money! It was a great experience from start to finish.Christoph P. 7/08/2019
- We interviewed 3 different solar companies but chose Sunlux. Excellent customer service, as they take it to the next level. Quick to respond and alway trying to go above and beyond to help their customer. Even 2 years after install they are just a phone call away. Always available to answer all our questions and concerns. Love their service.Indi G. 2/21/2020
- I highly recommend Sunlux Solar. I contracted with Sunlux for 34 panels and a new roof a little over 3 months ago. I am extremely pleased with both my solar panel installation and my new roof. My salesperson (Chris) was very honest, informative and professional. There was no sales pressure at all. He explained the entire project in detail and satisfactorily answered all my questions. He was extremely patient with me when I called him numerous times with questions I had pertaining to my internet solar research I conducted as I was educating myself on solar.Al L. 8/19/2020
I got several quotes prior to choosing Sunlux. Although Sunlux was a little more expensive than others (not much), I chose Sunlux because of the professionalism Chris displayed and because they are a large professional company who is dedicated to customer service. I believe in "you get what you pay for" and I am extremely pleased with Sunlux, as I got much more than I paid for. I am very happy I chose them for my project.
My project manager (Berlyn) was outstanding. She was constantly communicating with me by either phone, email or text. She kept me apprised of every step of the project and was always responsive to me whenever I called her. She always got back to me immediately. She was professional, polite, informative and defiantly dedicated to customer service. She always made sure I knew what was happening, kept me in the loop, and that I was pleased. It was a pleasure working with Berlyn. The project took a little over 3 months to complete, but that was due to permitting issues and not the fault of Sunlux. None the less, Berlyn was in constant contact with the building authorities and moved things right along. The installers were very professional, polite and defiantly demonstrated pride in their work. The installation was clean, seamless and it looks fantastic. All the electrical is hidden in my attic and out of sight (except for my inverter).
My roofer was Troy Roofing who was subcontracted through Sulux. Although I am not a fan of subcontractors, Sunlux changed my opinion about subcontractors. They were in contact with the roofer the entire time and I never had to deal with the roofer directly. Troy Roofing did an exceptional job on my roof. The guys worked 3 hard long days in 100 degree weather. They demonstrated pride in their work and they did an excellent job. I highly recommend Troy Roofing.
In summary, I am extremely pleased with Sunlux Solar and the outstanding job they did. They totally exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend them for your solar project. You will not regret it. I commend their staff Chris (my salesperson) for his professionalism and honestly. There were no surprises. Moreover, I commend Berlyn (my project manager) for commitment to customer service, her professionalism and her organizational skills. She was on top of my project every step of the way and she was a pleasure to work with.
- I spend several months researching and getting quotes from multiple solar contractors. Let me tell you it was a big learning experience. At the end I decided to go with Sunlux. They give me the best price and best guarantee than the other three solar companies for the system I was looking for.. They really took care of me and made the most effort to earn my business. Another key factor was their customer reviews. The process was smooth and very professional. Their installers where also very professional and pay attention to detail, taking my input and answering any questions I had. I’m so glad I went with Sunlux.MOISES R. 11/07/2019
- Once I talked to the person at SunLux, it was the only way we wanted to go and we moved ahead with them. They are working on the permit. They also had to do the architectural review with our HOA. We're done with that. Our original guy that sold us the panels came up with a design that I liked. But they haven't been able to do that for some reason at SunLux. Once it went to the engineers, they gave me a different setup. The person from SunLux wanted me to DocuSign the layout but it seemed different to me than we had originally talked about, so I sent it back to her, and she sent it back to me to mark up what I was expecting. So, we have been going back and forth to try to get the layout to where I like it or it's more similar to what our person who sold us the solar showed us.Karen 11/26/2021
- The staff and installers were very professional. The reason for 4.5 stars was due to the delay to add the protective netting. By the time the netting was installed (3 weeks later) the pigeons made a mess nesting under the panels. Although Sunlux took care of cleaning the panels, it could have been avoided if all the materials were ordered and onsite at the time the panels were installed. Not a deal breaker for me and I would recommend them to anyone!T C. 11/14/2017
- Fantastic experience. The solar consultant I spoke with, Fernando **, was extremely knowledgeable. Fernando helped lay out a couple of possible custom tailored solar plans for my home which included details about overall cost, expected kilowatt hours accumulated by the panels, my own power needs, etc. It was informative and all of my questions/concerns were answered. I can't say that about the other companies I spoke with. If you're going to go solar go with Sunlux.travis 9/17/2021
- I highly recommend Sunlux! They are honest, responsive, and very customer focused. Couldn't ask for a better company to work with. If you appreciate a company who honors their commitments without any hassle this is the company to hire. No third party installers. Employees are knowledgeable, polite, and will exceed your expectations. You can count on Sunlux to make things rightMiguel C. 6/09/2022
- Their presentation was much better than some of the other folks we talked to. They had a better sense of what they were talking about and were able to portray that to me, who did not know anything about solar. The installation went really well, and really, really quickly. The driver dropped off the incorrect panels but they corrected that. It took him a week to get the new ones. But as soon as they dropped in my driveway, they were right on the house. So there was no problem there. The project manager, Bonnie, was really good. Bonnie and the salesman, Mike, were super great at everything and helping out and helping me understand.Jeremy 4/28/2021
- I have been shopping around a couple of companies and the descriptions and communications were much more detailed and efficient with SunLux, especially the type of product and the warranty was very interesting. The financial part went smoothly. The design has been approved two weeks ago and SunLux said they would send it to the city for approval. My guess is it would go on until next year. But so far, everything is good.Mehrdad 12/10/2021
- I'm still waiting for installation, and the process up to this point, Sunlux has been fantastic to work with. They keep me informed via email once a week through the process of what they're doing and where we're at. I just got an email yesterday from them letting me know that I need to contact Edison to unlock my meter so they can derate my panel.Charles 2/16/2023
- I went through several solar companies comparing and contrasting which one would be the best suite for me based on the following; reviews, price, quality and longevity. SunLux was by far the best in their competitive price and being the only solar company to offer Panasonic panels. The process was smooth from the beginning to the end. I was was notified once a week to twice a week receiving up to date status regarding the installation, inspection and going live. Thank you, SunLux!Ernie A. 8/15/2018
- We heard about Sunlux through a friend who used the company and specifically put us in touch with Chris. We called him and it was great. We liked how easy he explained everything really well to us. However, we had a little bump recently. My husband was home, and whoever came out to do the site audit didn't talk to my husband. In one of the emails that came through, I was a little confused because I wasn't sure exactly what the representative was asking us. I sent a clarifying email, then after that, the email that she sent back was a lot more clear. She was asking us about where we're gonna put the EVs. We're going back and forth now through email, trying to finalize where our EV outlets are gonna go. Nothing's been installed, but so far, Sunlux has been great. They're very responsive. If there’s anything, it's us on our end that has been lagging behind. There is a lag time in between when you’re communicating through email, and it’s hard. One time, my husband and I were like, “Well, did you answer?” “No, I thought you answered.” It took longer than we wanted it to go, but we try to respond quickly and Sunlux always responds quickly back to us.Michelle 2/18/2023
- I did a solar energy system with Sunlux on my house about three years ago, and everything went very smoothly. The process was close to three months because I had a different situation where my roof tile is Spanish tile. It cannot take the penetration of a rack system on the roof so they had to strip off the areas of the roof where they were going to put solar panels and do composition paper underneath that to waterproof it all. Then they mounted the racks and brought the Spanish tile back up to the edge of the solar panels. Once they got that done, the solar panels were installed within a couple of weeks. They were on time regularly for the rest of the stuff.Dan 2/19/2022
- After a couple of years of contemplating solar and receiving a number of quotes, we decided to go with SunLux for our solar system. They were not the very cheapest (but close), but I felt that Tracy Woodburn, our sales consultant, really listened to our needs and not only was confident in SunLux's ability to deliver, but communicated this without a lot of heavy pressure like another large company did (via a large membership store). I also liked that much of the initial discussion and evaluation was done over the phone and email after Tracy viewed our home on GoogleEarth. None of the other companies were willing to do as much without meeting with us in our home where the heavy sales pressure was started.Lynn B. 4/07/2019
We initially spoke about 20 panels, but the original design only had 19. I contacted Tracy who immediately took it back to the design team, and very quickly we had a plan with 20 panels. I appreciated that Tracy hadn't over-promised and also that he stood by his word and made sure we got what we had asked for.
Everybody who came to our house for the installation was professional, polite, and highly skilled. The work that was done looks beautiful. We ended up needing a new electric panel and we were not charged any additional fee. The city then said the panel needed to be moved, and SunLux quickly sent out a team to do this. Again, no additional fee, no grumbling, and beautiful work.
We had a change in Project Managers partway through the job, and Tracy Woodburn remained a point of contact throughout so that whenever I had a question or concern, he made sure that I got the answer.
At the very end of the project there was some miscommunication about a 220 outlet that we wanted installed. It is entirely possible that the misunderstanding was on my end, and not on the end of the company, but SunLux honored my understanding of the agreement and completed that installation.
We've only had one full month of operation, but the system overproduced for that one month, which is easy to track with the software and website they signed me up with.
Would I recommend SunLux? Absolutely! I'm not sure if the other sales staff remain as involved as Tracy did, but I would recommend that you ask for him, as he really made the process much smoother from start to finish!
- After a couple of research for solar company, we decided to go with Sunlux for our solar system. The sales consultant Lorena Gutierrez and service representative Markie Owen are both amazing to work with. The installation team are very professional and on time. They keep me update through out the process. We are very happy with our solar and so far after 4 months we only need to pay $10 a month for Edison connection fee for electricity bill.Kevin C. 5/17/2019
- The installation hasn't happened yet, but my experience has been great so far. This is something that I'm not knowledgeable about, and the rep walked me through it very easily. I have asked so many questions, and he's has been so extremely patient, knowledgeable, and very bipartisan of his product versus others, telling me to do the research. Currently, we're waiting on permits, and the roofer has to come look at my house to do an audit.Adam 8/13/2022
- Sunlux' pricing was significantly better than the three other companies that I checked with. When I called the initial salesperson, he was informative. All the way along, Sunlux was excellent as far as keeping me posted on updates. I knew going in that it wasn't going to be a quick process. It met all my expectations with the timelines, and also their availability. The service almost exceeds my expectations. It's as promised. I can easily monitor it with the application and the panels are producing better than I thought it would.Dave 2/22/2022
- What stood out for me about SunLux was they also have a roofing company, which at the time, I needed to redo my roof. So, they gave me the package deal. The service seemed really well. I worked with Adam who was the lead manager on the project. He was amazing. I definitely recommend him. SunLux also has very reasonable pricing. They were also very honest and always responding back to calls. So we ended up doing two homes with them. What I appreciated about them was their response and due diligence to satisfy the customer. If I said, “Oh, kinda like this,” they were on it. We ended up financing the solar panels and it was really fair because the funds were released, and the partial, because of where they were with the process. Then the final payment was released from the lender when the project was finished based on my satisfaction. That was really well-done and I was very happy with that.Sermed 2/13/2021
- The rep had everything presented through a PowerPoint thing. He showed me everything on the computer like how I can either through the phone or the computer and track the panels if they are all functioning. I can track how much it’s doing a day. He said, “If you wanted to see individual panels, you can actually click on this and it will show you that everything’s working, or if something's not, what panel isn't.” For every question I had, he was able to walk me through it. It was pretty simple and I could trust him right away. It was a good experience. When I requested a few changes, the rep was able to help me with it right away. The only thing on my end is I haven't made the time to call in and try to get the system set up. While I was going through the process, I talked to my regional manager about SunLux and he ended up getting it too. Even though he started his process two weeks later, he got his a couple of days before I did. It’s no big deal though. He just got lucky in the timing.Carlos 2/17/2021
- Great experience. The solar consultant I spoke with, Fernando Cano, was extremely knowledgeable. Fernando helped lay out a couple of possible custom tailored solar plans for my home which included details about overall cost, expected kilowatt hours accumulated by the panels, my own power needs, etc. It was informative and all of my questions/concerns were answered. I can't say that about the other companies I spoke with.Travis A. 9/16/2021
If you're going to go solar go with Sunlux.
- I have been overwhelmingly delighted with my choice of SunLux Energy. SunLux personnel have made the process a smooth and positive experience from the initial thorough consultation with Mark T., through procedural confirmations and assistance by Project Manager Erika G. (outstanding) and Jessica B., equipment installation by an efficient and professional crew, to the helpful follow-up discussion with Service Manager Garret K. All communications have been timely and exact. I am awaiting final inspection in a few days, looking forward to being up and running...and feeling extremely confident in my decision to go with SunLux.Nancy F. 10/18/2019
- My parents have solar on their house and they’ve had it for 30 years now. They've known all the benefits. When me and my wife got our home, we wanted to go ahead and put solar on it as well and we found out about SunLux. There was another neighbor in our community who had solar as well and he worked with SunLux. He highly recommended them. So, we went ahead and got a call from SunLux and that worked out. The enrollment process was quick. It took about a week because we were adamant to get started. The installation and everything was fine. It was afterwards, through the inspections that had to be done, there was a little bit of miscommunication. But nothing too bad. It just delayed things by a week or so because they didn't seem to be on the same page together. In going solar, the benefit is almost immediate and we see it’s producing. The bill went down and everything seems to be working.Dan 2/19/2021
- I have been pleased with SunLux. It just started to kick in and the bill is considerably lower. I had one issue with them. After they did the stucco work to my side of my house, they didn't match the paint very well and they didn't paint well. Whoever came out was very sloppy. I took some pictures and I sent the pictures to them. They came out the very next day and fixed it up. They were very quick to respond to an issue that I had with them.Bill 2/25/2021
- SunLux was great to work with. Rob ** was a great sales person who explained everything in detail, answered all questions promptly, was available by text even when the job was passed to our team manager, Jennifer. Jennifer ** was always on point with statuses and updates. The financing was handled through them with good rates and options. Much better financing than competitors. The install and roofing went smoothly and when I wanted something fixed quickly they handled it. Our solar install looks amazing and better than the neighbors. I have referred them to others as well. Thank you SunLux!Jessica 2/25/2021
- SunLux contacted me and agreed I was treated badly. The lady that answered my call went out on maternity leave the following day (stressed due to upcoming leave). Joe and Guillermo contacted me and explained the problem. I now have an appointment for my solar estimate. I appreciate them reaching out to me and their ability to recognize a problem and rectify it.Patricia M. 11/20/2018
- I did research and found that SunLux has good Panasonic panels. I called them up to see what proposal they could provide and liked what I heard. There were delays beyond the control of SunLux but they were responsive. Their staff followed up with emails and had good communication. We did both our panels and our roof through them and financed the roofing part. The manager who handled us, Jennifer, was very good. I also dealt with Mike from SunLux and he was very good as well.Alfonzo 5/17/2020
- We are in the process of having SunLux installed. I signed off on the approval and they were gonna request a permit from my city. It's all within the timeframe they told me it was gonna be. They've also been right on top of doing everything they said they are gonna do. Customer service has all gotten back to me right away and has been very helpful. So far, so good.Randy 12/05/2021
- Hi my nameHumbertoHumberto A. 7/16/2018
I have Sunlux Solar panels I am so glad and happy , I did the right thing . I believe I did the right thing for Family. I could not refuse the offer I checked with other solar panel companies specially Costco .I didn't like their offers I was looking for workmanship and quality solar panels you cannot go wrong with SunLux Solar panels , The technicians workers did a great job. Sales representative for Sunlux his name is Ralph his personality and experience convinced me he is always there if you have questions and concerns about your solar panels he responds very properly on time whenever you call.
- Everything has been great. I've been well-informed about everything and never had any questions. Everything was almost answered preemptively and it's been smooth sailing. Before you move into schedules for install, you've got designing and engineering to go through. We had to send somebody out to the house to do a site assessment and you won't be scheduled for install until permit is received, but the process was started a couple of days after I signed the contract.William 1/03/2022
- Sunlux did a great job planning our system. Working with the city during the restrictions of COVID was an extra challenge, but Sunlux took care of everything. The installation was all complete in 8 hours, including a new service panel. The system is working as advertised. We are very happy with it.James 9/16/2021
- Sunlux was the most thorough. They were not the most affordable, but their honesty combined with their pricing was the best. The person that did our intake and walked us through the interview was the most honest. He is a salesperson, but he didn't act like one. The installation is supposed to happen in October, but we had a little hiccup with our project so we are probably going to push it out a little bit further. They work with what we thought was a lender, but they're a broker for the loan. The lender that they work with is no longer offering that loan. We're back at the application process.Karina 9/04/2022
- I chose Sunlux after performing hours of research using the Better Bureau’s website to locate A+ rated companies to perform my solar panel installation. I realize now that I chose well. Sunlux performed a preliminary inspection of my roof and found several cracked tiles which resulted in damage to its underlayment. With knowledge of rain approaching, they offered to tarp my roof at no cost to minimize further damage as I waited for my insurance company to make a final decision on my claim. I feel confident that I made the right choice when I chose Sunlux and would highly recommend them if you value integrity, quality, forward-thinking and customer satisfaction.Victor David 1/26/2021
- Sunlux won the bid. Received quotations and inspections from three of the biggest solar companies.James A. 8/22/2018
Although the prices were similar, Sunlux was able to acquire a unique loan at an amazing interest rate. Also, they did not try to oversell the number of panels.
Installation was fast (4 hours), clean, and almost invisible. Looks great with no system problems in 3 months.
- They were clearly the best company (warranty and product) which I had come bid. They were also the most expensive, but dropped their price to compete with other companies. They quickly scheduled the install, and finished when they said they would. Plenty of follow through. They submitted the plans to the HoA and city, obtained the permits and permission, arranged the battery refund from the power company, and had it up and working in no time. Great company.Steve E. 5/24/2018
- SUNLUX was great to work with. The initial salesperson explained everything very well and their pricing was very competitive. The design and installation teams were great, coordinating everything. including the HOA application. The installation was done in one day as advertised. The county inspection passed without any issues and the system is now working as expected. Their technical support has also been excellent.Russ C. 5/01/2019
- I cannot say enough good things about SunLux. From start to finish our project was seamless. Sunlux provided us with updates through the whole project. We always knew what was going on and what the next step would be. Everyone we met or came in contact with during the process from the sale to final inspection was AMAZING! I would recommend SunLux to anyone looking to install solar.Michelle P. 2/22/2019
- It's been good with Sunlux. We're trying to get to the design stage. After that, they have to send that over to the engineers to lay out of a building plan then send that over to my HOA for approval. The only thing is the last quote that I got was a little bit over what I thought it was gonna be. I've been meaning to reach out to someone about that.Carlos 2/18/2023
- I've been talking to Adam with Sunlux for over a year and he's been super patient with me. He has filled me in on all my questions. He would call me sometimes a couple of weeks, sometimes a couple of months. We stayed in touch for a whole year because I wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. I kept postponing him and postponing him but he was super nice and not pushy one bit. If I wanted him to call me back, he’d call me back. If it wasn’t for Adam's patience and due diligence, I probably wouldn't be going with Sunlux. I probably would have went through a company that one of my friends had. Sunlux is a little bit more expensive on the loan process portion of it than some of my friends went through but I trust Adam. He promised me until my service is completely done, he's going to walk the whole entire process with me, and he has. Three days ago, I got an email saying that I needed to do my direct deposit so that I could get the APR financing at a locked-in lower rate. I called Adam and asked about it. He called the place and we got it handled. I can call him at a drop of a dime and he answers me.Marybeth 1/30/2022
- 4/18/2020 Solar for my house. When purchasing Solar I interviewed about 8 solar companies and I hired Sunlux because of there consistent quality of work. These guys would call the night before coming out and tell me that they we're coming out in the morning to start the work of installing solar on my house. They showed up right on time, work hard until dusk, never took short cuts and always keep me informed of what they were doing on any given day. When the city inspector came out I met with him as well and he confirmed what I already new. He said, I see a bunch of Solar companies today installing solar on peoples houses, but these guys do it right every single time and they never take shortcuts. Sunlux is the best and they back up their work with a 30 year warranty bumber to bumber, if anything goes wrong. I will refer them business all day long, Jonjon w. 4/18/2020
- Starting with initial consultation to installation with SunLux was real smooth. There was a little glitch with county inspection, but SunLux technicians took care of the issue. I was well informed about each stage of the process. Whole process took less than 3 months which is shorter than what I expected. Everyone from SunLux that I dealt were as pleasant as they we're professional. I am happy with my decision to go with SunLux.Myung Y. 11/20/2019
- I had an issue with our solar panel not producing any electricity so I called and left message for Garrett from Sunlux. Not only did he call me back the same day, but he basically diagnose the problem over the phone and sent someone from Sunlux to come to my house the next business day to confirm diagnosis that we had a bad inverter. A few hours later that day Garret called not only to schedule an install of the new inverter, but to my surprise he also said that because we were having problems with pigeons living under the solar panels that he would install critter guard to prevent the pigeons from going underneath the panels for no charge.Robert N. 10/28/2019
I would highly recommend Sunlux for their professionalism as well as their great customer service.
- I took bids from four other companies and I thought SunLux' salesman was professional and was persistent with his follow-up. He always had the answers or he came back with the answers, and their quote was competitively priced. He was able to give me the product that I was looking for, which was the Panasonic panels and the SolarEdge system. I have a certain kind of a roof called a TPO roof which is like a vinyl roof. And some companies would charge extra, some wouldn't, but he just acted like, "No big deal, we can take care of that." So it gave me confidence in him. I was in the final hours of making decision with another company and I changed, because I thought he was exceptional.And then once we signed the paperwork, I got passed off to a project manager and she was amazing. She is probably one of the best communicators. And if you've ever gone through construction yourself, it's usually not fun. All you ever want somebody to do, whether it's news you wanna hear or not, I just want them to be honest. Because nothing in construction is easy, right? Things happen. People don't show up for work, there's hidden damage, or suppliers, or short of stock. It's just the way the world is. But when somebody calls you up before you have to call them, to say, "Where are your people?", or when they call you up in advance and you're confident that they'll call you, no matter it's good or bad news, it makes the experience very enjoyable.The customer service person was one of the best I've ever encountered. I'm in the construction business. We run a service company, which is one of the largest in our field in Southern California. I wanted to steal her. And then, we had a few glitches at the end which is we just don't get wigged about because we knew if they were taking care of them, what else could you ask? Because you're not going to make an omelet without cracking a couple of eggs. And being in the construction business, it's just part of it. It's more not how you handle when everything goes right, it's how do you handle things when everything doesn’t go according to plan or right. She was exceptional on keeping things moving and staying in communication, good news or bad news. It's more important to communicate me when things aren't going to schedule.We haven't had a bill since the panels have been installed. We had a credit because we were doing what would they call a billing average plan where you pay a bit more during the winter to have a more billing through the summer months. About a month ago, we got a $435 rebate. That was because they took the excess they collected during the winter and figured that we're going to have solar panels that work during the summer. We had a bad inverter when we first started. It took SunLux a little while to figure it out that we had a problem. And then, they came out and fixed it right away. But it has been producing electricity for a month and a half.You're looking for somebody that makes your life easy. You can do your part, my part is to pay the money and to select the best vendor, and they made me look good in front of my wife, so what else would I want? You're more dealing with the person that's putting it up and a bit more hands-on guy, but I feel I made the right decision. And after going through the experience, you still have fond feelings of the company that you chose. In the construction business where things don't always go perfect, that's pretty good, if you still have good feeling and you're still glad that you chose the person you have. I would definitely recommend SunLux.Paul 5/12/2020
- Extremely Happy!! I live in Northern CA. I obtained 4 bids from local solar installers and 7 from the EnergySage website. I had done extensive research regarding the ratings for solar panels, inverters, monitoring, etc. SunLux was the first to respond from EnergySage. Their bid was an unbelievably low price for the top of the line Panasonic 320 solar panels, Optimizer inverter and SolarEdge monitoring system. The price was 2/3 ($11K less) than what I had been quoted from 3 of the local companies. When those 3 companies contacted me to see if I wanted to sign a contract with them, they asked why my answer was no. When I told them the price and equipment included, they each said something was wrong and I wasn� t getting what SunLux quoted� � it wasn� t possible. SunLux also beat every other company from the EnergySage website. Because the price was so good, I increased the amount of panels I purchased from 25 to 27. I researched SunLux� s reviews and stability and felt comfortable to proceed. They traveled a very long way to install my system; I� m the furthest north they have ever been. The crew was great. All were very hard workers and got the job done. I just went online with my energy company towards the end of May 2019. Each of my June and July 2019 energy bills were only $23, which is mostly for the natural gas for the hot water heater. My heating/air is all electric. I am producing more than I using at this time. June and July of 2018 bills were $253 and $435 respectively, including the natural gas. My winter energy bills are very high also. I can� t wait to see what the net result will be after a year.Lorrie W. 8/07/2019
- Initially, I questioned the utility of solar panels: how much they reduce the cost of electricity, how quick & easy the installation goes, etc. So for years, I passed up every opportunity that arose to get solar panels done. Eventually solar panel systems began popping up everywhere and I knew the benefits were no longer a fantasy. I called a few places and ended up with SunLux who offered the most competitive prices. My sales representative Trang Phung explained a structure that was easy to understand and made me so much more comfortable with the process. Installation was brief and my energy bill has been drastically reduced! If you're on the fence about solar panels - don't be. SunLux will take care of you! -Kim NguyenTristen T. 6/12/2019
- I really like my interactions with Sunlux, and I’m very happy. Mark, who was my person, was really informative. I priced at least one other company, and their price and product look much better than what I saw from another company. We're just in the process to get the panels installed, and Sunlux's estimate is three months from beginning to end. They did the site audit, and right now, their engineers are drawing up a plan, then they submit those to the city. The city then comes and inspects, then they say if we have to change or fix something, and once it's approved, Sunlux will start to do the install. They also have to get it hooked up to the grid. So, there's a process with Southern California Edison.Eve 7/30/2022
- I wanted to be as independent of the electrical grid as I could be. I had done part of the house with solar and I had a Tesla battery. But I realized that I was generating about half the power I needed to offset my power bill. So, I called SunLux and had them come to double what I already had. And that brought me to net zero on my electric bill. In fact, Edison sent me a check last year, so I appreciated that.Aside from that, I had concerns with the company that I had used before with the quality of their workmanship, but SunLux stressed that their workmanship would be excellent, and it was. They said that they would run the cables through the attic and not over the top of the roof, which made it more pleasant to the eye, so I was very happy. They also tied my Tesla battery into the system so that I've got the two solar systems and the Tesla battery all connected together.I started the process with SunLux a year ago and they got the installation done beautifully. But it took a long time to get the permission to operate, so I kept calling them to ask what was holding it up. They said that it was Edison that was holding it up, so it took a couple of months after the installation before I could turn the system on. Other than that, I love the solar system that I've got. Plus I drive a plug-in hybrid car, so my car basically runs on sunlight. I charge it in my garage overnight and I drive it to work, then I can plug it in where I work to drive home. So, if I've decided to work at home, I don't ever have to buy any gasoline.Dave 2/20/2021
- It was a pleasure working with Sunlux. From my initial appointment with sales rep Kyle to project manager Liz. Also I want to thank Guillermo and Garrett for explaining how my system works. Everything went smooth with Javier and installation. I was just granted PTO last month so I haven’t received a bill with my solar yet.Ronald G. 11/08/2019
- I got my solar installed last July by Sunlux. I have done tons of research before I went with them. I am so happy I did. Everyone in their team has customer's first mentality. I can't stress how professional in every step of the way. Even after the system has installed, they still treat you like VIP. I will recommend Sunlux to anyone who wants solar panels for their homes. They are on par with AMAZON in terms of service and quality. Truly amazing purchasing experience!Johnny H. 1/05/2021
- Sunlux has been great from the start of my exploration into solar to the install and support after. They were honest and upfront with charges, changes, schedules, etc. I got everything I was looking for in the build and the overall outcome of the install was perfect. After a year production was over what was projected so really great work overall by the Sunlux team.Nick T. 6/03/2020
- I did alot of research prior to coming across sunlux so I knew what I was looking for. sunlux was referred to me by my patio cover company ABOVE AND BEYOND PATIOS so I called and talked to Adam no hard sell gave me everything I wanted connected me to the finance company and worked with me was upfront about everything. Permits and equipment took a little time but they kept me informed about everything do your research and you will see sunlux is the right fit. Be sure to read all contracts because had a couple of companies try to get me to sign prior to roof inspection and I noticed that equipment was left out. But not with SunluxTim S. 3/03/2021
- SunLux is growing into Northern California. I was a bit skeptical about doing business with a company still based in Southern California, but they sent a crew up to do a site inspection and a crew to do the installation. When the installation was inspected, the city inspector complimented then on the job they did Frank, the crew lead was great at keeping us informed throughout the installation process and his team, Art and Eder were neat. Lorena, the project manager was very good about communicating about the design process, permitting, and everything happening behind the scenes.Lar B. 9/05/2018
I can recommend them without reservation.
- We had a Zoom meeting with Sunlux and they were very knowledgeable. They seemed to be upfront about options and reviewed our electric bills and came up with a few different solutions for us. Our agent was Gary and he seemed to be very knowledgeable. He never stuttered or couldn't answer a question. He presented himself as knowing his job. Email seemed to be the best form of communication. I received answers every time I sent an email. They sent me back either a follow-up or an answer to my question. The gentleman that did the site audit physically came out here and took pictures and measured. He explained what he was doing before he did it. He explained that he was done and what was left to do. So I was really happy with the field person. I've been happy with everybody I've had contact with. Their information packet was extensive and thorough. If there was another website that I needed to go to, it was all in that packet.Lorie 10/19/2022
- All the representatives were courteous and professional. They did a real good job. They were quick and efficient in installing the solar panels and equipment inside. My neighbors all said they did it pretty fast. Going solar helped me out tremendously so far because I put a pool in my backyard and it made a difference.E. 2/26/2021
- I purchased my solar solution from SunLux in early 2019. My sales person, Kyle, was knowledgeable on the various components of the solution and helped me choose the right system for my house. The installation was professionally executed and completed in a few days. SunLux's customer support was also helpful in answering a few questions I had about the system. I haven't had a single issue with my solar...it's been perfect. I would definitely recommend SunLux to my friends and have.Greg M. 4/08/2020
- The sales rep was great. He was very patient, answered all my questions and concerns, really listened to my wants and needs and came up with a reasonable timetable as to when things would get accomplished. The cost is a little bit higher than norm, but it’s expected because of the quality of work that SunLux does. I’d also give the installation a 7 out of 10 stars. There was one visit where it was unannounced. They always mentioned that there's always gonna be a possibility of cutting of electricity, so we instructed the project manager that we needed to have ample notice for any visits. Being that we have two students doing online studies, as well as my wife working from home, any disruption can be unwarranted. My also wife mentioned that the installers were speaking Spanish but in a very vulgar tone. Other than that, the installation went okay.Arthur 4/03/2021
- On the telephone, the Sunlux customer service reps were great. They answered all my questions. They worked with me. They did what I wanted them to do. They made it work under my conditions. Overall, Sunlux was very educational. I knew nothing and then two weeks later, I feel like my head was gonna explode. I knew too much. So, they were very informative. What I liked was the person I worked with was not a salesperson. He was an engineer. So, he explained technical things, but I had to make him explain them a couple of times because I was new. So, he went over and over until I got it.Dorlene 1/27/2022
- The stock market was at 30,000, so we had a little extra money. I happened to get a glance at our electric bill, and I thought it was pretty high. I had been considering solar for a very long time, but it seemed it just got to a point where it was pretty efficient. It made sense that if I waited any longer, I'd be too old to buy. I was talking to SunLux and Sunrun, but it really was a matter of price and salespeople to a certain extent. I was going to go with Sunrun because they were affiliated with Costco, and I thought I'd have some recourse if we had problems. But when we ventured into it, the SunLux salesperson was much more knowledgeable and upfront than the other guy, and then they sweetened the deal by putting in a level 2 plug for electric car charger in my garage. The whole process took almost two months from the time we’d signed the contract until the time it was turned on. A lot of that delay was waiting for the city to come take a look and sign off. The installation took a day. Solar always seems to make sense. My calculations say that we’ll break even in seven years. So, it's like prepaying your electric bill. It certainly is good for the environment. I'm also fascinated with the technology. In the morning, I wake up, and the first thing I do is go to the application where I can see how much energy we produced so far today. There was a gal in the office, her name was Berlyn. She was holding my hand as we went through the process with the city, and she kept me up-to-date on exactly what was happening. She would go back and remind them that they hadn't done their job yet and she just communicated perfectly. Then after it was installed, there was another gentleman who called me to make sure everything was going correctly. The support was excellent. Everybody was friendly and knowledgeable.Kenneth 6/20/2020
- This is a very professional group of people. Everyone was responsive and helpful. The only problem, which wasn't their fault, was the time it took for the city inspector and the electric company to turn on the panels. I've only had the panels for a short time, but so far this has been a very pleasant experienceTherese B. 5/09/2019
- After months of research, my husband and I finally installed solar panels on our home. We had a fantastic experience with Sunlux. After putting the sales agent through his paces with my many questions about the materials, the esthetics and the process, he passed with flying colors. He was very patient and informative. He was the only one (of many) who took the time to make sure I understood how each component worked with the system. The system we purchased was designed for our needs and energy usage not just the square footage of our home. The engineers were very helpful with designing multiple options for the panel placement. I certainly didn't make things easy for them. Each person I interacted with was helpful and professional.Peggy L. 12/30/2018
The installation took one day. A team of five very polite men worked together efficiently and neatly. They cleaned up perfectly before leaving. The city inspection followed a week later. The inspector was very impressed with the quality of the installation. At that visit, one man from Sunlux took care of all the painting of conduit to match our siding, roof and trim colors. They actually color matched all the paint! The system is up and running. I have an app on my phone that keeps track of the energy production. It was all seamless.
I highly recommend Sunlux and our sales agent, Mark Trujillo. Mark has stayed in touch throughout the entire process to make sure I was happy with the progress and final result.
One final note. Sunlux was less expensive, provided a better warranty, uses high quality panels and has excellent customer service from start to finish.
If you're interested in solar panels, make sure you do your research. I'm glad I did mine!
- SunLux seemed the best fit for us. They were really kind when I called them. The rep explained everything in detail without being patronizing. He was really helpful with setting it all up. Then the person I worked with the most was Berlin and she was amazing. She would email and call and was on top of everything. They were great. I appreciate them.Keegan 2/23/2021
- I put SunLux Solar on my house 3 years ago and it was the smartest move I've made in years. I had looked into quite a few companies and Mike Valencia from SunLux was the last salesman and I knew from the minute I met him that SunLux was the company for me. Every time I called Mike for ANYTHING, he took care of it immediately and was always helpful. This is one of those companies that does everything WELL and then goes beyond to be helpful. You will NEVER GO WRONG if you choose SunLux.Susan S. 6/17/2021
- The process was simple. Sunlux sends you the contract and you paperless sign all the documents. The price just couldn't be matched. Also, everyone in every stage has been very good at responding back to questions. Most recently, they told me that they don't have the panels that we have agreed upon to install. We're in the process of reselecting different panels for a rooftop. It's been great.Ismael 10/28/2022