Panasonic solar panels
N320K Photovoltaic Module HIT® BLACK
The 96-cell high-efficiency HIT® N315 solar panel provides your home with a powerful combination power (18.8% module efficiency), long term performance, and sleek beauty.
Photovoltaic Module HIT® BLACK
Learn why Sunlux is the best choice in solar.
From start to finish, your solar project is our top priority.
We stand behind our work because we believe in bringing renewable energy and smart home solutions to your fingertips.
What Sunlux solar customers say
Don't take our word for it. Read what our valued customers think about us.
- Out of the three companies that I talked to and got quotes from, they were the only company that offered the Tesla panels. Also, they were the only company that at the end of the year, any kilowatt-hours overage, I was going to get some sort of payment from the electrical company. Plus, the reps are professional and well-rounded individuals. They had good follow-up and stayed on top of everything. But they still haven't installed the solar panels. Also, I'm not happy with the company they are recommending to finance the panels. It took me longer to get everything set up with them than it took SunLux to get the permits from the city, which is almost the opposite. There was a lot of going back and forth with them and I couldn't see them in person to take care of things. Everything has to be online, which is fine but it was just their lack of follow-up. I suggest looking into a different company.Hector 4/10/2022
- I cannot say enough good things about SunLux. From start to finish our project was seamless. Sunlux provided us with updates through the whole project. We always knew what was going on and what the next step would be. Everyone we met or came in contact with during the process from the sale to final inspection was AMAZING! I would recommend SunLux to anyone looking to install solar.Michelle P. 2/22/2019
- After waiting years for solar panels to become more efficient and affordable, i finally settled on Sunlux to set up solar for our newly renovated home after reading reviews and speaking with friends. I must say this decision for solar has been the best investment in my home i have ever made. Sunlux reps took us through the whole process from estimating our generating needs (we have 2 ev cars, 2 A/C units and outdoor entertainment) to mapping out our panels to give us maximum sun exposure, to setting up and registering our panels with the electric company. Garrett, the customer service manager, responded to our questions and calls promptly and kept us informed during the whole process. He introduced us to the app that can monitor our daily, monthly and cumulative generating at the touch of our iPhones 24/7. We are now generating more electricity than we use and this will allow us expand our electricity needs in the future. The monthly cost of our solar loan is significantly less than our previous electrical bill and in several years we will be saving hundreds of dollars monthly. We are very pleased with our purchase and with Sunlux.Martin . 11/01/2019
- I got my solar installed last July by Sunlux. I have done tons of research before I went with them. I am so happy I did. Everyone in their team has customer's first mentality. I can't stress how professional in every step of the way. Even after the system has installed, they still treat you like VIP. I will recommend Sunlux to anyone who wants solar panels for their homes. They are on par with AMAZON in terms of service and quality. Truly amazing purchasing experience!Johnny H. 1/05/2021
- So far, it’s been great. I've given all the information and they came and did the inspection. Everyone I've talked to from SunLux has been phenomenally happy and helpful. That was another reason why I went with them. The other reason I chose them was I had three other quotes and they were the lowest. They’re also local in Southern California. I've heard them on the local radio and every time I heard them speak or talk to them, it’s always been pleasant.Jason 10/17/2021
- The stock market was at 30,000, so we had a little extra money. I happened to get a glance at our electric bill, and I thought it was pretty high. I had been considering solar for a very long time, but it seemed it just got to a point where it was pretty efficient. It made sense that if I waited any longer, I'd be too old to buy. I was talking to SunLux and Sunrun, but it really was a matter of price and salespeople to a certain extent. I was going to go with Sunrun because they were affiliated with Costco, and I thought I'd have some recourse if we had problems. But when we ventured into it, the SunLux salesperson was much more knowledgeable and upfront than the other guy, and then they sweetened the deal by putting in a level 2 plug for electric car charger in my garage. The whole process took almost two months from the time we’d signed the contract until the time it was turned on. A lot of that delay was waiting for the city to come take a look and sign off. The installation took a day. Solar always seems to make sense. My calculations say that we’ll break even in seven years. So, it's like prepaying your electric bill. It certainly is good for the environment. I'm also fascinated with the technology. In the morning, I wake up, and the first thing I do is go to the application where I can see how much energy we produced so far today. There was a gal in the office, her name was Berlyn. She was holding my hand as we went through the process with the city, and she kept me up-to-date on exactly what was happening. She would go back and remind them that they hadn't done their job yet and she just communicated perfectly. Then after it was installed, there was another gentleman who called me to make sure everything was going correctly. The support was excellent. Everybody was friendly and knowledgeable.Kenneth 6/20/2020
- I reached out to the sales rep and he didn’t have to do a bunch of a pitch to me because I already knew what I wanted. He just confirmed that everything was the correct way. He answered all the questions I had. Sunlux just finished the installation on Monday so I’m still trying to figure it out and see how everything's gonna play out with Edison, my power provider. But everything seems to be running smoothly. You always get notified whenever there's something to do on the app and you do it such as in terms of the process. In terms of price, everything was good too because I got a few quotes from someone else and Sunlux beat them. At the end of the day, we went with them because they have a good reputation in the market.Jairo 10/17/2022
- The rep answered all my questions and was patient. It took us weeks back and forth because I wasn't tenacious on signing a contract. I reviewed the proposals, asked more questions and he supported the whole process. We're at the early stage of the project, getting approvals, and I'm comfortable with the decision I made. I evaluated two other companies and felt SunLux was the right choice for us. I would tell friends that it's definitely one of the companies they should evaluate before making a decision.Tim 1/01/2022
- The Sunlux sales team was very thorough in explaining the benefits of solar. They helped along each step of the way. Originally we had another company lined up to do the work but they slowly kept adding additional costs. It was then we decided to give Sunlux a call and they were able to not only match the original price of the other company but actually stayed true to that number throughout all the construction. Whenever questions,concerns or issues arose, Sunlux was quick to remedy the situation and stay on course. They always honored their commitment to making it right. Happy with the integrity of this company.Bella C. 1/14/2020
- Suxlux installed my solar array almost 3 years ago. I am very happy with the production of my system and have produced enough energy for my growing family and I. I gave them a call recently because I was thinking about getting an electric car and wanted additional panels to be installed. Adam ********** and Garrett ****** has been extremely helpful and very responsive. They took a look at my bill and didn’t try to sell me/over sell me on the panels THAT I wanted. They advised that since I was producing MORE energy then what I needed all I needed was Consumption Monitoring to see hour by hour how much energy I was producing and how much energy I was using. This would help me monitor my system to coincide with my SCE TOU plan to see if I even need more panels with the electric car. They came and installed the Enphase Consumption CT’s in under an hour. It was quick and they cleaned up after themselves. I was up and running again and checking my Enphase app every hour. Now I can charge my electric car at night when electricity is the cheapest and I might not even need more panels!Avin S. 7/03/2020
- Initially, I questioned the utility of solar panels: how much they reduce the cost of electricity, how quick & easy the installation goes, etc. So for years, I passed up every opportunity that arose to get solar panels done. Eventually solar panel systems began popping up everywhere and I knew the benefits were no longer a fantasy. I called a few places and ended up with SunLux who offered the most competitive prices. My sales representative Trang Phung explained a structure that was easy to understand and made me so much more comfortable with the process. Installation was brief and my energy bill has been drastically reduced! If you're on the fence about solar panels - don't be. SunLux will take care of you! -Kim NguyenTristen T. 6/12/2019
- I got my solar installed last July by Sunlux. I have done tons of research before I went with them. I am so happy I did. Everyone in their team has customer's first mentality. I can't stress how professional in every step of the way. Even after the system has installed, they still treat you like VIP. I will recommend Sunlux to anyone who wants solar panels for their homes. They are on par with AMAZON in terms of service and quality.Johnny Hong 1/05/2021
- Sunlux has been awesome in the quoting communications and delivery process. Everything in their power, was done well. But the governmental LADWP is a different story and the only heads up on SunLux part.Debbie K. 11/05/2021
Everyone should recognize that installing a solar system on your house is not an instant process. Beware that just because the solar system is installed doesn't mean you can operate it immediately.
Building departments have to inspect and approve. For us that was fairly quick even, happening within 3 days. But at this point we still two weeks after they install can't operate the solar system because the department of water and power hasn't given us permission yet.
I know that sounds a little crazy but evidently they have to change the meter again and then review it and then they might give you an operating permit. What everyone does not realize is that the solar panels do not power your house. They sell power to the grid and you get a credit. Then we you use power, it is taken from your credit.
That concept, can be really frustrating to the owner who puts in a solar system. And it was the one thing that sound like Sunlux not explain in the beginning
- SunLux is growing into Northern California. I was a bit skeptical about doing business with a company still based in Southern California, but they sent a crew up to do a site inspection and a crew to do the installation. When the installation was inspected, the city inspector complimented then on the job they did Frank, the crew lead was great at keeping us informed throughout the installation process and his team, Art and Eder were neat. Lorena, the project manager was very good about communicating about the design process, permitting, and everything happening behind the scenes.Lar B. 9/05/2018
I can recommend them without reservation.
- We have had our solar with Sunlux for 8 months now. We are extremely happy with the solar production and customer service. Everybody I've talked to has been very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. Solar is a huge investment and I feel good knowing that Sunlux will be there for us for the long haul.Crissy B. 6/19/2020
- Southern California Edison has changed the net metering. The amount of money that Edison buys the power from people with solar panels is going to get cut by 75%. If you don't have your solar panels approved by Edison before April 17th, whatever Edison pays to buy power from people with solar panels gets changed by 75%. So, it would be more cost-effective to do it now. If we waited until after April 17th, people are saying it's gonna kill the solar industry in Southern California because Edison's not gonna be paying homeowners for the extra energy that they produce. So, we felt compelled to have solar panels installed because of the Edison deadline. So far, Sunlux hasn't started any work except process paperwork. So far, processing the paperwork has been fine. Edison approved the location of my meter. We're gonna get the meter changed out because it doesn't support the solar system. So, they're gonna put a new electrical panel box in where the meter goes. In order to do that, they have to get Edison's approval for the new location. So, they put a sticker on my existing box saying it's ok to put the new one in the same spot. It's procedural thing with Edison. So far, I had no problem with Sunlux. I had a question for the project manager, and I emailed them. They called me right away. There's really no problem getting questions answered. Saving money on the bill is kind of irrelevant because we're paying for the panels. So with the cost of the panels versus just paying the electric bill, I save a few hundred dollars a month versus my average electric bill. That's all I'll be saving for the most part over the next 20 years. The money I would spend to pay my electric bill, I'm paying for solar panels. I'm not saving any money. I'm just moving it from Edison to the solar panels.Bobby 3/23/2023
- We were supposed to get Solar from another provider, we signed everything but for more than 6 months, nothing happened. We then tried to contact Sunlux. The response time was fantastic. Our house was inspected within a week, a plan was set and within 3months, our system has been approved by the city and everything is done. I thought that was it. However, after a few months, I hear from them again to update me on their new monitoring system and explain to me how everything is going. They dont stop after you pay, they are there to support you even after everything. That to me is outstanding service.ALLAN J. 6/08/2019
- Bill was my salesperson from SunLux. It's a local company. He was great. He gave me his own number. He would answer calls out over the weekend. He lives nearby, so he knows the neighborhood and circumstances. Then I had a first project manager, Regina, who got COVID. Then I got switched over to Gabriel who’s been outstanding. There seems to be, though, a separate side for permitting and HOA application. The person in charge of my case had been Regina. Regina hasn't been too responsive. Almost everything, I've been going through Gabriel. I don't know how they delegate the work, but it feels to me like he's doing more than how the department’s divided up ‘cause Regina’s unresponsiveness. It was hard. Regina, from the HOA application and permitting side, sent me an email early on. Some of the information on the HOA application was missing, so I sent her a response. But I never got an answer. I tried calling her and never got a callback. Gabriel took care of it, so everything's fine now.The only concern I have is in between departments, there might not be enough communication. He has to proactively go out and check what's the status of this side, of the HOA side, and the city permitting side of the process was going. It didn't seem like he was 100% normally informed about that side. But other than that, Gabriel has been fine.The only reason I pressed pretty hard to go fast is that there’s that net metering 3.0 coming up. If it weren’t for that deadline, I wouldn't care so much if they're all on top of it. If it gets delayed a month, that's fine. But just because of the timing, I've had to be more on top of it than I would have liked to. It’s taking a little more time than I would have preferred. But all things considered, we're doing good.Samuel 1/26/2022
- I really like my interactions with Sunlux, and I’m very happy. Mark, who was my person, was really informative. I priced at least one other company, and their price and product look much better than what I saw from another company. We're just in the process to get the panels installed, and Sunlux's estimate is three months from beginning to end. They did the site audit, and right now, their engineers are drawing up a plan, then they submit those to the city. The city then comes and inspects, then they say if we have to change or fix something, and once it's approved, Sunlux will start to do the install. They also have to get it hooked up to the grid. So, there's a process with Southern California Edison.Eve 7/30/2022
- The process was simple. Sunlux sends you the contract and you paperless sign all the documents. The price just couldn't be matched. Also, everyone in every stage has been very good at responding back to questions. Most recently, they told me that they don't have the panels that we have agreed upon to install. We're in the process of reselecting different panels for a rooftop. It's been great.Ismael 10/28/2022
- When we bought the house, my sister got her solar, so to save money, we decided to go with solar. We were about to sign the contract with another company, but then SunLux gave us a better price so we decided to go with them. The reps were very good and respectful. The response was quick. The only thing I don't like is the app because it shows me how much we're producing, but not how much we're spending. I wanna have energy for summer and I have to keep track like that. I don't know if it's because I don't have the battery, but that's the only thing that I can think of. Otherwise, everything is perfect. I'm very happy.Diana 5/21/2020
- I was very pleased with SunLux Energy. I live in the city of Glendale, California and we must have the most difficult permitting process ever. We started this process on April 23rd of 2020 and it took almost one year to pull the permit just to have SunLux come in and install the solar. We had an original project manager who left the company and kinda left us hanging for a bit. But the next project manager that came in did an excellent job trying to recover and stuck with us throughout the process. I really appreciate that. They know how to work through the process and they worked very diligently. Everything was installed. All the detailing was done and wrapped it up and commissioned in four to six weeks. It was fast. It’s nice to make your own energy. When they installed it and they commissioned it, we were partially through one cycle and we get billed every other month. I'm waiting for two full months to pass in order to see the benefits but I could tell right now, I've already looked at the kilowatt production per week and per month and we'll be able to pay off the system in pretty quick period of time.Michael 4/21/2021
- I wanted to be as independent of the electrical grid as I could be. I had done part of the house with solar and I had a Tesla battery. But I realized that I was generating about half the power I needed to offset my power bill. So, I called SunLux and had them come to double what I already had. And that brought me to net zero on my electric bill. In fact, Edison sent me a check last year, so I appreciated that.Aside from that, I had concerns with the company that I had used before with the quality of their workmanship, but SunLux stressed that their workmanship would be excellent, and it was. They said that they would run the cables through the attic and not over the top of the roof, which made it more pleasant to the eye, so I was very happy. They also tied my Tesla battery into the system so that I've got the two solar systems and the Tesla battery all connected together.I started the process with SunLux a year ago and they got the installation done beautifully. But it took a long time to get the permission to operate, so I kept calling them to ask what was holding it up. They said that it was Edison that was holding it up, so it took a couple of months after the installation before I could turn the system on. Other than that, I love the solar system that I've got. Plus I drive a plug-in hybrid car, so my car basically runs on sunlight. I charge it in my garage overnight and I drive it to work, then I can plug it in where I work to drive home. So, if I've decided to work at home, I don't ever have to buy any gasoline.Dave 2/20/2021
- Hi my nameHumbertoHumberto A. 7/16/2018
I have Sunlux Solar panels I am so glad and happy , I did the right thing . I believe I did the right thing for Family. I could not refuse the offer I checked with other solar panel companies specially Costco .I didn't like their offers I was looking for workmanship and quality solar panels you cannot go wrong with SunLux Solar panels , The technicians workers did a great job. Sales representative for Sunlux his name is Ralph his personality and experience convinced me he is always there if you have questions and concerns about your solar panels he responds very properly on time whenever you call.
- We interviewed 3 different solar companies but chose Sunlux. Excellent customer service, as they take it to the next level. Quick to respond and alway trying to go above and beyond to help their customer. Even 2 years after install they are just a phone call away. Always available to answer all our questions and concerns. Love their service.Indi G. 2/20/2020
- My experience with SunLux was good until they sent me an email calling me sir. I wrote back and said, “How many men do you know named Nancy?” And then, they also sent me another email saying that my wife is a mister as well. I told them to get their pronouns right or I'm not gonna do it. The company sent something out to all their employees and reacted very positively to my feedback. Everyone’s been very supportive of me after I told them about that. They stepped up, and I appreciated it.Nancy 6/12/2021
- Things have generally gone okay with Sunlux and the only thing that is disappointing is my project manager is out in Texas and I live in a three-story house and they keep saying that there are things that are preventing the project from going to the next level. So, I'm trying to see if they can complete the project work-up so then it can go to my HOA. It's stalled out a little bit. So, I'm waiting for Sunlux to take the next step. Everyone on the team seems to be receptive and seems to be trying to do their best to provide appropriate services. But every month that goes by that I don't have solar panels on the roof, I'm losing money because that's money that I'm paying into a power bill that I wouldn't necessarily have to pay. So, Sunlux is in a tough spot because the faster they get the solar panels up, the happier the customer is. So, I'm just sitting here watching the clock. We're just starting this process and there's still gonna be many steps left. So, if six months goes by and there are still no solar panels, I'm out a couple of $1,000 in solar savings. Six months from now, if we get to a place where things are not moving forward appropriately, I'm gonna be upset. But right now, things are good. We're only a month In so there's plenty of time. I'm flexible. Generally speaking, I'm happy.Thomas 2/25/2023
- Our experience with Sunlux was great. Our initial consult with Tracy was scheduled promptly and I was seriously impressed with his level of knowledge and ability to answer all of my questions. The system was designed and sized exactly as I wanted and meets the needs of our current and expanding family. The install team was professional and courteous. I did have to monitor them a bit more than I had wanted to insure everything was done to my exacting standards but in the end it turned out great. It has been a month and the production is right on track. I am already saving money! It was a great experience from start to finish.Christoph P. 7/07/2019
- Highly Recommended. I'm glad I didn't give up on my solar project because I almost did. Back in 2019, I was ready to move ahead with the project and went to energysage.com get quotes. I've had over 10 quotes and I actually even signed up with another installer at the time (not SunLux) and started the project. Then shortly after the project started I was told they discovered my roof had issues so the project was cancelled. I cancelled in part 1) the installer didn't do roofing and I didn't want to deal with multiple contractors and 2) the unexpected cost in the project. And apparently, the installer wasn't too excited about either, it seem. I guess most installers out there just want the easy installs but that's not the real world out there. I all but had given up. Then 6 months later I decided I give it another try and recalled Sunlux had given me a quote prior but never follow on it. Explained my situation to Tracy, my Sunlux consultant and he said my roof is certainly not an issue. He was very responsive to my needs, customized a system that I want and even had a great suggestion on the panel placement. How it looks is as important as the power. So with contract signed, this is typically where most solar project fall apart (right?) and this is what I heard from my neighbors with their solar project from a different installer. Nope, not with Sunlux. The project moved quickly and it stayed that way. I got coordinated with the project manager Jennifer and she made sure all my concerns were addressed. Even with Covid, the project took no more than 3 months and the bulk of the wait is with permitting. Very happy with the overall install experience, pricing, and service. If you have a roof issue like mine I high recommend you give Sunlux a try. Highly recommended!Simon L. 6/24/2020
- The entire Sunlux team has been incredible from start to finish. During the sales presentation, there was no uncomfortable up selling or pressure by Chris. The installation process managed by Jen was seamless, and whenever there was an issue (all issues were minor) she took considerable effort to ensure our care and solve the problem. The roof and the panels look fabulous and they are producing as expected - we couldn't be happier!! We received 3 other quotes for the project and Sunlux beat the competition in every category, which actually made me a bit nervous, but after going through the whole project, I am blown away that they exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Sunlux and Troy Roofing for any project you might have. Thanks Garrett and the entire Sunlux crew!!Scott M. 7/08/2020
- I had an issue with our solar panel not producing any electricity so I called and left message for Garrett from Sunlux. Not only did he call me back the same day, but he basically diagnose the problem over the phone and sent someone from Sunlux to come to my house the next business day to confirm diagnosis that we had a bad inverter. A few hours later that day Garret called not only to schedule an install of the new inverter, but to my surprise he also said that because we were having problems with pigeons living under the solar panels that he would install critter guard to prevent the pigeons from going underneath the panels for no charge.Robert N. 10/28/2019
I would highly recommend Sunlux for their professionalism as well as their great customer service.
- Sunlux is super professional. They installed our solar within 2 days of the approved permit. Our Project Manager Erika Garcia is super efficient and responsible. I had an issue with the power on Friday night after the installation and sent her an email at 12:17 AM midnight. The tech shows up at my door the next morning at 8AM. When I saw the tech, I am speechless with their service. Jerry Hong is my sales representative, very knowledgeable about the solar, and usually, reply to my text in a minute. He even helps me take some pictures of the solar panel with his drone. I would like to give them 6 stars! I never have this kind's positive experience with any construction projects.Steve W. 7/14/2020
- The project manager, Bonnie **, worked conscientiously to make the project easy for me. She prepared all the documents for my HOA to review on my behalf, and because she knew what she was doing, my application was approved with no hesitancy on the HOA's part. She answered every question I asked and did so usually on the same day I would email. After the project was completed, she still connected with me to make sure I was still happy and being well served by the new equipment.Dennis 7/11/2021
- Going solar helps the environment stuff, but the main driving factor for me was the tax credit. I was gonna have to pay somebody $15,000 either the government or private company, and I chose to pay the private company. I went to several different companies and the industry-standard, in my opinion, is around $3.50 per kilowatt hour. SunLux quoted me $3.29 per kilowatt hour but in my search, I got somebody that was quoting me 2.75 per kilowatt hour. So when I went back to SunLux, I told them about it and their rep sent in the bid. They brought theirs down to 2.77.The consumer is at a clear disadvantage ‘cause they don’t know what goes into these systems. Once I got into it, I saw that the cost of the material was about $22,000 and there were a couple of days labor for the install. They had to do some running around to submit some stuff, so there was quite a bit of room in there for a profit margin. So, solar is a good thing but it’s a little bit overpriced no matter who’s doing it.I wanted the Panasonic panels and SunLux got me that. I had some company who tried to push me to a different panel and I said no. Also, there was some discussion between microinverters and traditional inverters with the optimizers that sit on panels. We went back and forth about that a little bit. They were pushing hard on the regular inverters with the optimizers and we got to the point where it wasn’t worth hassling about it anymore. The size of the traditional inverters has shrug down quite a bit from a few years back, so it’s not quite as unsightly and the system seems to operate fine.Lowell 4/02/2020
- Please do your solar system research homework. I spent almost 8 years researching and interviewing prospective solar installers and finally settled on Sunlux Energy Inc. My installation was one of the first to use both solar and battery systems. This install was tough going at first, however, Sunlux provided on-going support throughout the entire process. In fact, Sunlux continues to provide great support to this day. My first yearly bill indicated that SCE owed me. Wow! Now that's a smoking solar/battery system. Kudos to Sunlux Energy Inc.Anthony G. 2/08/2019
- I have just received my *PERMISSION TO OPERATE* from Southern California Edison confirming that my Self-Generation Facility is Interconnected to SCEs Electric Grid, ie my solar system can now export energy to the SCE grid and I get credit for it. This project started about 4 months ago when I finally settled on choosing SunLux Energy to install a Solar Energy System. Having talked to and discarded several companies before, I was impressed by what SunLux had to offer: a top quality system, very flexible configurations, multiple options, battery backup, and a great warranty covering roof leaks as well as their equipment. The SunLux Sales Representative, Ben Carton, was as pleasant as he was professional. Working from a few typical SCE monthly statements he came up with a configuration that would produce my average electric consumption plus a safety margin, along with a battery backup component to keep our choice of devices powered on in case of a power outage. The equipment itself is made by SolarEdge, an excellent solar energy products manufacturer, and by LG. The decision was easy, the mantle was passed to the Project Manager, Raul Rodriguez, who promptly set up an installation schedule which the installation crew stuck to. This crew was very professional and very diligent. 27 panels were installed in one day even though my roof is of an unconventional metal type. (Since the installation was completed we had a strong wind event and a couple of very stormy days with an unusual amount of rain, but no leaks and not a single panel budged.) At the completion of the installation, the mantle was passed to the SunLux Customer Service Manager, Garrett Kramer, who managed the setup, testing, monitoring and transfer of the system to me. To me, the quality of a system has as much to do with the quality of support as with the system itself. Working with Garrett was, and continues to be, a real pleasure. He is always available, he is patient, he responds to issues very promptly, often before I am even aware that there is an issue. He also guided the application to get the system interconnected to the SCE grid, which was finally approved last week. I am very happy with my SunLux system and would strongly recommend SunLux to anybody in the market for a top-notch solar energy system.Waguih B. 6/28/2019
- Sunlux has done everything they said they were gonna do and they responded to every question I've had. Their contract was very detailed and it included the requirements that the law required. I'm fully clear about everything that is going on and how it's happening. It's been about a three-week process so far. We're in the engineering process awaiting a final design and plan. Everything's going as scheduled, as planned, as expected, and as they describe it to me.Steven 2/19/2023
- My wife and I did a lot of research on the very many solar companies servicing our area. We decided on Sunlux. We met with Mike Valencia and went over the numbers. Not only was Sunlux the lowest pricing while offering the most servicing, but Mike's integrity was refreshing. Other companies that submitted a bid included an additional ten panels at significant extra cost. When I asked Mike why his bid reflected less panels, he explained that in the late afternoon our neighbor's palm tree cast enough shade that the additional cost would not be worthwhile.Michael T. 1/15/2020
The installation crew finished up in one day, taking their mess with them. I have had minimal problems that have been addressed right away.
We are very happy with Sunlux and highly recommend them to those interested in upgrading their home with solar
- I liked the attitude of the person from SunLux I was talking to. He was open to my suggestions on the products’ brands. Everybody was offering brands and I was doing my research. I decided to go with LG. Most of the other people were negative about that. My perception was they want to sell what they were offering. But in this case with this company, he told me, “No problem. Whatever you want.” He researched and he sent me right away the price. He was accommodating to my petitions. He was teaching me how this works. He was also responding almost immediately. We were having good communication. He was a good salesperson.I was a little bit delayed in the end. But it wasn't the company's fault. It was the city inspectors. They were postponing a couple of times the final inspection. One of the things that I was a little bit disappointed in the end was that I was hoping that SunLux was going to teach me how to monitor. Because they left a device over here and for some reason, the device keeps disconnecting. I haven't been able to get it steadily connected. Another thing that I was expecting was the bill from Southern California Edison. I was expecting that one lower like I’ll get $26. But I've been getting 36. But other than that, it’s going to be aligned. They did a good job.Elfago 3/04/2021
- I chose Sunlux only after performing hours of research using the Better Bureau's website to locate A+ rated companies to perform my solar panel installation. I realize now that I chose well. Sunlux performed a preliminary inspection of my roof and found several cracked tiles which resulted in damage to its underlayment. With knowledge of rain approaching, they offered to tarp my roof at no cost to minimize further damage as I waited for my insurance company to make a final decision on my claim. I feel confident that I made the right choice when I chose Sunlux and would highly recommend them if you value integrity, quality, forward-thinking and customer satisfaction.Victor D. 1/25/2021
- We were in the market for a solar system from a company that was reliable and we could trust. After doing lots of research we asked Sunlux to be our solar provider. They were very honest with their prices (they were on one of the lowest) and their customer service has been excellent? Since we did not know a lot about solar systems, they educated us to be smart consumers and gave us options and choices that met our needs. We can truly say, we are very happy with Sunlux and would recommend them to others as well.Scott M. 2/18/2020
- Sunlux has been very diligent. Everything is transparent. They've tried to accommodate a lot of the questions and concerns that I've had. They don't promise everything, but they provide you with the details. The gentleman who explained the details to me had a very detailed presentation. It took a lot of time but it explained a lot of things. I'm still in the middle of trying to finalize how we're gonna be approaching the project. We're making sure that the roof is able to handle that added load and that we don't have to remove the panels 5, 10 years from now to fix leaks.James 5/26/2022
- So I had heard and read many reviews of Sunlux, and I was quite impressed. It appeared that this was the kind of company that I wanted to install solar panels at my home. However, things got off to a rough start since it was hard to get a hold of a contact person. I had left both a written and voice message to the company, and I didn't get a call back after a week and a half. I decided to contact them again, and I was told that they had been experiencing "upgrade equipment problems"--fair enough. I scheduled an appointment, and our representative didn't show up. In my experience as a homeowner, this is a red flag from a contractor; never good. But, I wanted to reconcile all the stellar reviews with this company, and despite my better judgment, I gave them another chance. I called again, and the representative sounded contrite and embarrassed over how I had been treated and offered me a small discount should I accept their services. After finally meeting with Ryan Reyes, and hearing more apologies, I felt confident about contracting Sunlux . Ryan, by the way was very professional and sounded trustworthy. I quickly forgot about my initial contact with the company.Juan-Carlos R. 7/13/2018
The entire job, from start to finish was a very slow, and often frustrating experience. From initial contact to final job completion, the whole project took almost five months, but in all fairness to Sunlux, in was not always because of their doing. I live in a section of Southern California that is served by LADWP, and apparently this utility company is rather particular about how they deal with solar panel companies, often making LADWP inspectors difficult to reach and schedule appointments. This in turn just causes projects to stretch out into many more additional weeks.
On a couple of occasions, several glitches came up, and I felt I got I caught between the LADWP and Sunlux to resolve problems. For example, there was a backyard tree in the way of the city power lines. The issue? Who was supposed to trim the tree? Amazingly, this took a couple of weeks to resolve. The whole thing was confusing and aggravating to me.
For the most part, my project manager kept me apprised about the progress of my project. She kept in touch through email, and she quickly got back to me about questions I would submit. However, as the project stretched out because of some unforeseen problems, I would hear less from her, and so I would have to call to get updates. Toward the end, I was having to make a lot of calls to get information. On one occasion, a worker showed up to fix a major problem with the installation location of the panel inverter. I had not been made aware that there was even a problem. I found it necessary to contact a supervisor and to request to be kept better informed of such things. This snafu eventually extended my project even more. However, in the end, everything was made right.
At this point I have to state the following. First, it is not my intention to write a negative review--on the contrary, this report ends quite favorably--please read on. I simply want to describe what occurred. Second, every time I had to contact ANYBODY at Sunlux, I was always treated with captive ears, and was always treated kindly, professionally and with courtesy.
In the final analysis, I have two crucial questions that address the bottom line for my money: did Sunlux stand behind its work, and correct any problems, glitches or fixes that came up during the job?, and does the Sunlux system designed for my house produce the amount of energy that was projected to be generated on my contract? To answer the first question: yes. Although it took much longer than I had ever expected, Sunlux was very complete and careful with anything that came a long the way. All workers who came to my house were clean and professional. I might add--and this is worth noting for any reputable contractor--Sunlux did not ask for their final payment until the very last fix was completed; good for them. And as to my second question, from the preliminary data I'm getting from our system, it appears my system is producing what we had expected, although I won't know for sure for several months, until I get more complete data. This, I think will be the absolute bottom line. After all, this is the reason we choose to go solar, correct? Also, least I forget, if the system does not produce the kilowatt hours Sunlux was hoping for, how well will its promise to pay the difference to customers play out?
Would I recommend Sunlux to friends, family and to others? Absolutely. Are they a worry-free company? No. I don't think there is such a thing, but I think they represent a young company with a potential to become a truly outstanding solar company. From speaking with many Sunlux employees over the last few months, I feel they are sincere and honest.
I hope they take the time to read this.
- Sunlux made the solar installation pretty easy and straightforward. The sales person, Jerry, came for a free estimate and quote (very professional and knowledgeable). He answered all our questions and even got us a few deals on the solar package. Installation took a few weeks for approvals from LADWP but installation of solar panels by sunlux was the highest quality and fastest ever (one day install). Throughout the buying process, the project manager, Berlyn was just the best! All the praise to her. She did all the hard work behind the scenes from approvals and scheduling to making sure we were satisfied from start to complete as well as informed us about everything. Thank you Berlyn! All in all- without a question this has been the best investment for our home. Don't hesitate and really, give sunlux a try- you can thank me later. 🙂Emily S. 6/24/2020
- We have had our solar with Sunlux for 8 months now. We are extremely happy with the solar production and customer service. Everybody I've talked to has been very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. Solar is a huge investment and I feel good knowing that Sunlux will be there for us for the long haul.Crissy B. 6/19/2020
- The entire process from initial contact to the final install and activation of the system was professional and done extremely well. Everyone we dealt with was courteous and helpful. All work was done very well and completed in one day. The panels look great. Super clean appearance with nothing showing on our roof except the panels. I definitely recommend SUNLUX.Arden S. 4/02/2018
- I have my solar installed last year, and very happy with it, would refer to friends,and family, every thing go well,from start to finish the project,every one I met from the salesman to the final inspection are very nice,the most important is after installing the panels my Edison bill is so so cheap,my first bill was under $ 6, love it.Christine K. 2/28/2019
- I had consultations with about five different companies, and the rep from Sunlux was the most comprehensive and accessible. Whenever I called him, he’d always answer. He seemed to have more knowledge, the right kind of knowledge, the stuff I wanted to know, and he explained everything very well. I just signed the contract today, and they’re doing the permitting now. As far as the solar panels, the micro-inverter is very important. They have different types of panels. They have a series which is older, which you run the risk. It’s like if one panel is shaded, the whole array can go down. With the micro-inverters, which is what I'm purchasing from LG, they are on the panels. So, there's no central point of failure. If one panel gets shaded, then the other panels are going to keep producing energy.Daniel 1/28/2022
- SunLux is great. They called us to let us know there was an issue that needed fixing. Talk about being proactive!!!!! They came out and fixed the problem as it was an easy fix. But they went above and beyond and did some extra work to make sure that it wouldn't happen again. I am very please with them.Bob 2/26/2019
- Wanted to share my experience with Sunlux.. These guys are fantastic! I met with 4 other Solar companies and finally chose these guys. Not only did they install 30 Solar panels, but they also built us a covered patio to put them on. Eveything came out great, all of the staff and I dealt with were friendly and professional. Their follow up after the install has been great, and their prices are very competitive as well. Thanks Ben C*****, Guillermo, Aaron and the rest of the Sunlux team for a wonderful experience. Can't wait to see my SCE bill in the coming months!Alfred T. 2/18/2019
- I spend several months researching and getting quotes from multiple solar contractors. Let me tell you it was a big learning experience. At the end I decided to go with Sunlux. They give me the best price and best guarantee than the other three solar companies for the system I was looking for.. They really took care of me and made the most effort to earn my business. Another key factor was their customer reviews. The process was smooth and very professional. Their installers where also very professional and pay attention to detail, taking my input and answering any questions I had. I’m so glad I went with Sunlux.MOISES R. 11/07/2019
- I recently completed my solar project with SunLux. They did a great job with my installation. They set the proper expectation on start and end times of the install and the communication throughout the project was excellent. Freddy and Liz were always quick to respond to questions and were so helpful all along the way! I did have one issue with the wiring I wanted corrected. The owner of the company contacted me directly and personally ensured that the issue was addressed. For me it is great to see the owner backing up the work first hand ensuring the customer is happy when the work is done. I would highly recommend SunLux. Oh, and their prices were far better than any other I received. Bring them in without hesitation.Dave M. 5/01/2019
- I am so happy with my Sunlux experience! After going through the process I would definitely choose them again without hesitation. I initially reached out to Tesla Solar, which seemed great at first. We had a good initial meeting, the proposal looked good, and the gentleman that did my inspection was so nice. Then everything went sideways. After my inspection the initial estimate went up $8,500 for additional costs. I called my local utility company to verify what Tesla Solar was telling me was needed. My utility company sent someone to my house to inspect and verified it was not needed. Suddenly, I had a hard time getting a hold of my Project Manager at Tesla and the engineers could not agree on the requirements. Every few weeks they would just send me an email asking if I had signed the documents yet. They didn’t want to discuss what the utility company said. That is when I called other companies, including Sunlux. My sales contact, Rob M*******, worked with me and answered all of my questions. After reviewing the proposals, I researched the equipment on each proposal. The pricing was all competitive, but the equipment Sunlux quoted was far superior and the reviews were great. That is when I signed with Sunlux. Everyone I talked to, emailed, or that came to our house was friendly, professional, and overly polite. From my Project Manager, Emma S******, to the techs sent to our house for installation and inspections, everyone was knowledgeable and amazing. Emma kept me informed every step of the way and I did my part by emailing or calling when I had questions. Every email or call was responded to quickly. If someone did not know the answer to my question, they would have someone call me with the answer right away. Every inspection was passed easily. They submitted everything for me and made the whole process seamless. My solar system was turned on today and I am excited to see the kW it started producing right away. I will be referring everyone to Sunlux!PAGE M. 7/30/2019
- The sales rep was great. He was very patient, answered all my questions and concerns, really listened to my wants and needs and came up with a reasonable timetable as to when things would get accomplished. The cost is a little bit higher than norm, but it’s expected because of the quality of work that SunLux does. I’d also give the installation a 7 out of 10 stars. There was one visit where it was unannounced. They always mentioned that there's always gonna be a possibility of cutting of electricity, so we instructed the project manager that we needed to have ample notice for any visits. Being that we have two students doing online studies, as well as my wife working from home, any disruption can be unwarranted. My also wife mentioned that the installers were speaking Spanish but in a very vulgar tone. Other than that, the installation went okay.Arthur 4/03/2021
- We have had our solar with Sunlux for 8 months now. We are extremely happy with the solar production and customer service. Everybody I've talked to has been very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. Solar is a huge investment and I feel good knowing that Sunlux will be there for us for the long haul.Crissy 6/19/2020
- I went through several solar companies comparing and contrasting which one would be the best suite for me based on the following; reviews, price, quality and longevity. SunLux was by far the best in their competitive price and being the only solar company to offer Panasonic panels. The process was smooth from the beginning to the end. I was was notified once a week to twice a week receiving up to date status regarding the installation, inspection and going live. Thank you, SunLux!Ernie A. 8/15/2018
- I'm waiting to find out some issue that has developed where I'm not being given much information so it's confusing. Other than that, the whole process has gone very well with SunLux. Even though the installation is done, Bonnie, the main person who was handling my inquiries, is very responsive if there's an additional issue. This falls outside of her purview at this time. There were some broken tiles but they were repaired and SunLux got everything up and running.Peter 6/11/2021
- The staff and installers were very professional. The reason for 4.5 stars was due to the delay to add the protective netting. By the time the netting was installed (3 weeks later) the pigeons made a mess nesting under the panels. Although Sunlux took care of cleaning the panels, it could have been avoided if all the materials were ordered and onsite at the time the panels were installed. Not a deal breaker for me and I would recommend them to anyone!T C. 11/14/2017
- The main person I dealt with at SunLux was Adam, the salesperson. He was very knowledgeable about what's going on with the system. I'm very satisfied. They were very professional. They determined the number of panels I needed to meet the amount of usage. They saw what kind of electric system I have existing and they determined whether they have to upgrade or not. They looked at my roof to determine if the roof needs replacing or not, if it's new enough for a system, and structurally sound for a system. I'm able to monitor it online and it seems to meet the usage. The panels produce an adequate amount. Everything was also reasonable compared to other companies.Lindsey 10/27/2021
- I selected four different companies and I interviewed all four. The salesman for SunLux was more knowledgeable simply because he had more years of experience in the field. I felt comfortable with that. I liked their warranty because it made me feel comfortable that they're going to be around to repair things if something goes wrong. They're not a company that I perceive is going to close up shop tomorrow. I was very impressed by their entire presentation and everything thus far has followed suit. They present things in a very organized way that a consumer who's not all that knowledgeable about solar can understand.Their pricing structure also made a lot of sense. They analyzed our bills. They looked at our roof. They made comments on what would need to be done, and then put together a structure that made sense for me. He told me the options and then he connected me to the bank that they use to finance, and they took over from there. We're in the beginning phases. They did their inspection. Now, it's gone to their engineering department. Once their engineering department analyzes all the data, then the rep will come back to me and say, “We need to increase or decrease the panels."Emmett 2/23/2022
- I worked with Mark and didn't get the best impression of him at first. He talks a lot, and I’m more "get to the point". He was persistent and kept matching with other offers I was receiving. We signed with someone else but he didn’t give up. Eventually, he gained my trust. We have a set date for the installation but I have a concern right now. We don’t have the second payment and there’s a late fee for it. Right now, we’re trying to get a HELOC but they're delaying it. I’m concerned if they will commit to the late fee, or will they give us a grace period to get this resolved. Things have changed with COVID and they're not as accommodating to us. We need to sign papers and they're about an hour away. We're gonna see if they'll wait later for us to sign after we get off work. They are not willing to send somebody to us. The guy took Thursday off, and I don't think he was willing to let somebody else handle it. He’s putting us in a really tight bind. We have to sign by Friday in order to meet that deadline. But we've been in contact with someone from Texas and there have been a lot of long pauses, but when a deadline needs to be hit, she’s on it. I have my mom’s house next. Assuming this goes down well, we’ll be doing it again with SunLux.Carlos 12/01/2021
- The engineer that I first talked to was very knowledgeable, and he had a system himself. I had a few drawbacks, and I didn't know how it would work, but he could answer all my questions. He was very good. Alex, the project coordinator, kept me up to date and worked around my schedule. The staff that came out here were very professional, and they did their job well. So far, I've been producing more than I'm using. The cost of the service is very fair, because I know the electric company is going to be increasing.Carol 9/15/2021
- I've had a very positive experience with Sunlux. I feel they are an ethical company that stands by their word. There were some problems with employee turnover over the course of installing my system, so it ended up taking longer than it should have to get solar activated. I worked with Adam and Jessica to get compensated for my lost production. They were good to keep their word and worked hard to make things right. Now my Sunlux system is activated and my first bill was completely zeroed out. I was SO happy! Sunlux assessed my need and my difficult issue with a big tree that shades much of my house correctly. I'm very happy overall.Aimee C. 4/20/2020
- I love to do my research and obtained quotes from more than 5 different installers before selecting Sunlux to install my solar system. One key piece for making that decision, besides researching all of the equipment and cost, was a result of reading positive reviews much like this one. The employees answered all of my questions and maintained communication throughout the process to let me know what stage the project was at and what I should expect next. This was huge for me as several of the steps involved getting permits, submitting plans, and obtaining inspections which don’t necessarily require the customer’s constant participation. As such it would have been easy to feel like nothing was happening or that my project was not moving forward had my project manager not provided those periodic progress updates. From start to finish it took just over 2 months from the date I signed the contract. The install itself took a couple days due to rainy weather. My wife and I are very pleased with the work that was done.NickH 4/03/2018
- My meeting with the sales representative was done online via Zoom and he was able to present the background of the company, options for the house, and an overview of the process, should I decide to move forward with them. He went through a basic design and potential, given my location, and gave an overall pricing review and the various guarantees associated with it. SunLux's warranties and guarantee seemed longer than some of the other solar providers around the area. I decided to move forward with them and go with the in-house financing for that.The purchase was fairly easy. Everything was done online, via phone calls, or through web meetings until they needed to come out and do an in-person project review to take a look at the site by one of the project managers. Between when the equipment was actually installed took a couple of weeks. The main holdup was the permitting process. Given the slowdowns with the city, that took a lot longer than we had anticipated. We were originally supposed to do the install in November and we didn't end up getting the approval to do it until early January.Once everything was installed, the city came out and did the inspection within a week. They were able to get the system approved and going. Then, the process with SoCal Edison was another two weeks at the outset. It took 10 days tops to get the permit to operate and go live. It's been live for about a month now and I wish that the app to monitor the production was better. These are LG panels so it's an LG app and the app doesn't work for the phone so I have to do it online. It's a cumbersome system. But the actual energy production seems to be on par. My first month's bill has come back, and it was like $20 from the Electric Company, which is pretty nice.Ana 2/16/2021
- SunLux's program is not that good but I like their brand of equipment and their system. Their sales rep was personally and professionally very good. We did the deal and now they start doing the design. I'm waiting for that. Other than that, whatever was done is nice. There are a lot of companies in the market for solar systems and if anybody asks me, I will recommend SunLux to them.Souret 12/03/2021
- In the beginning, the process was very simple online. I had a shared screen meeting so that we didn't have to disrupt anything. Then the site inspections came. At one point, we had some roof leaks and some delays, but in the end, the individuals involved got everything taken care of. So, I appreciate it and the system has been a great benefit. Going with them was definitely a smart decision.Alan 3/11/2023
- SunLux seemed the best fit for us. They were really kind when I called them. The rep explained everything in detail without being patronizing. He was really helpful with setting it all up. Then the person I worked with the most was Berlin and she was amazing. She would email and call and was on top of everything. They were great. I appreciate them.Keegan 2/23/2021
- I liked that with Sunlux, there wasn't any pressure. If I had questions, I could reach out freely without feeling bad about asking a question. The rep, Gary, was relaxed and sounded like he knew his stuff. He was knowledgeable with the technology that we had available to do the presentation. We didn't have to sit there and wait for him to do things. He was comfortable with putting together the presentation while also being able to carry on a conversation. It was an easy conversation and an easy kind of route. The process of financing was quick. There was a discrepancy in the communication between them and Sungage between the years and dollar amount. I contacted Gary over Easter weekend and told him that there was a discrepancy between what they sent Sungage and what Sungage was having me sign. He got everything taken care of before dinnertime. He did well. I wish Sunlux was a little bit cheaper though.Stephen 5/06/2022
- The entire Sunlux team has been incredible from start to finish. During the sales presentation, there was no uncomfortable upselling or pressure by Chris. The installation process managed by Jen was seamless, and whenever there was an issue (all issues were minor) she took considerable effort to ensure our care and solve the problem. The roof and the panels look fabulous and they are producing as expected - we couldn’t be happier!! We received 3 other quotes for the project and Sunlux beat the competition in every category, which actually made me a bit nervous, but after going through the whole project, I am blown away that they exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Sunlux and Troy Roofing for any project you might have. Thanks Garrett and the entire Sunlux crew!!Scott 7/08/2020
- Sunlux was the most thorough. They were not the most affordable, but their honesty combined with their pricing was the best. The person that did our intake and walked us through the interview was the most honest. He is a salesperson, but he didn't act like one. The installation is supposed to happen in October, but we had a little hiccup with our project so we are probably going to push it out a little bit further. They work with what we thought was a lender, but they're a broker for the loan. The lender that they work with is no longer offering that loan. We're back at the application process.Karina 9/04/2022
- I kept on going back and forth and wavering if it was something I wanted to spend that much money on, if I wanted to come out of pocket and pay for it or if I just wanted to finance it. Finally, I thought of financing it, and once I made my decision, everything after that went fast. The people did a good job with the installation. One of the screens was broken so they had to replace that. There was one decision they had where they thought they could move a couple panels, wasn't in the right place, so they called and got the approval through their people and then me about it. I told them if they figure it will be better in this location then that's fine so they moved everything and set it up really quickly.From the beginning, know how many panels you really need. I expressed that to the guy I was working with. When I looked at everything, it seemed like the amount of panels I got is what I really need, so he developed the system perfectly, above and beyond what I thought. When I look at the charts, I'm producing 33% more than the average people. Once summer hits, I’ll produce a lot more.Timothy 5/14/2021