lg solar panels
320 LG NeON® 2 (All Black)
LG NeON® 2 has been designed with aesthetics in mind; thinner wires that appear all black at a distance. (19.5% module efficiency)
High Efficiency LG NeON® 2
Learn why Sunlux is the best choice in solar.
From start to finish, your solar project is our top priority.
We stand behind our work because we believe in bringing renewable energy and smart home solutions to your fingertips.
What Sunlux solar customers say
Don't take our word for it. Read what our valued customers think about us.
- I took bids from four other companies and I thought SunLux' salesman was professional and was persistent with his follow-up. He always had the answers or he came back with the answers, and their quote was competitively priced. He was able to give me the product that I was looking for, which was the Panasonic panels and the SolarEdge system. I have a certain kind of a roof called a TPO roof which is like a vinyl roof. And some companies would charge extra, some wouldn't, but he just acted like, "No big deal, we can take care of that." So it gave me confidence in him. I was in the final hours of making decision with another company and I changed, because I thought he was exceptional.And then once we signed the paperwork, I got passed off to a project manager and she was amazing. She is probably one of the best communicators. And if you've ever gone through construction yourself, it's usually not fun. All you ever want somebody to do, whether it's news you wanna hear or not, I just want them to be honest. Because nothing in construction is easy, right? Things happen. People don't show up for work, there's hidden damage, or suppliers, or short of stock. It's just the way the world is. But when somebody calls you up before you have to call them, to say, "Where are your people?", or when they call you up in advance and you're confident that they'll call you, no matter it's good or bad news, it makes the experience very enjoyable.The customer service person was one of the best I've ever encountered. I'm in the construction business. We run a service company, which is one of the largest in our field in Southern California. I wanted to steal her. And then, we had a few glitches at the end which is we just don't get wigged about because we knew if they were taking care of them, what else could you ask? Because you're not going to make an omelet without cracking a couple of eggs. And being in the construction business, it's just part of it. It's more not how you handle when everything goes right, it's how do you handle things when everything doesn’t go according to plan or right. She was exceptional on keeping things moving and staying in communication, good news or bad news. It's more important to communicate me when things aren't going to schedule.We haven't had a bill since the panels have been installed. We had a credit because we were doing what would they call a billing average plan where you pay a bit more during the winter to have a more billing through the summer months. About a month ago, we got a $435 rebate. That was because they took the excess they collected during the winter and figured that we're going to have solar panels that work during the summer. We had a bad inverter when we first started. It took SunLux a little while to figure it out that we had a problem. And then, they came out and fixed it right away. But it has been producing electricity for a month and a half.You're looking for somebody that makes your life easy. You can do your part, my part is to pay the money and to select the best vendor, and they made me look good in front of my wife, so what else would I want? You're more dealing with the person that's putting it up and a bit more hands-on guy, but I feel I made the right decision. And after going through the experience, you still have fond feelings of the company that you chose. In the construction business where things don't always go perfect, that's pretty good, if you still have good feeling and you're still glad that you chose the person you have. I would definitely recommend SunLux.Paul 5/12/2020
- Don was my Sunlux rep and he was very knowledgeable, extremely helpful, and always available. I had the most wonderful experience working with him. He mentioned that he was an engineer by training and really had an answer for every question I had. I double-checked his work and it seemed to be spot on. At no point did I get the impression that he didn't know what he was talking about or he was just throwing numbers or concepts out there that he was not comfortable or content with. He was always very cordial and to the point. I haven't really committed to Sunlux yet. If they can be competitive in terms of the price they offer for my projects, then they have my business. If ultimately, I can get the same if not similar service for less money, then I have to go with that.Eaman 6/05/2022
- The very first guy I talked to was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. He had worked in the industry for many years and in many positions. But it seems like we're kind of getting stuck here as far as the next step because it can't go in in the original configuration that everybody thought it was going to be. So now they're trying to come up with some alternative. But I haven’t heard from them yet. It seems it's going to be more expensive, and it makes sense because it's more trouble. It's going to cost as much as it would cost to have power from the power company. So it's going to die down even though I'm getting the break on the taxes. If only it's going to work. Sunlux is trying to do an upsell. They think I need to replace the electrical panel. The difficulty is that this house was built in 1961. It has the original electrical panel in it and there is no more label on the panel that contains the detailed information that they say they need to calculate the amperage load potential of the busbar, which is where all the power goes through. They can do that math, but they're not willing to. They want to upgrade the panel and that's another four grand. I don't want to do a panel upgrade and we don't need it. But Sunlux said the inspector could give them trouble. They can identify the panel through the breakers, but they won't do that. I can understand they're trying to avoid trouble and it is an extra mile to go. But sometimes you got to do the extra mile.Eric 2/24/2023
- We looked at multiple companies for solar over a year. Sunlux was professional from the first point of contact. Between their customer service, installers and employees everyone was helpful and respectful. Getting solar was the best decision we made and I would highly recommend Sunlux.Kim H. 2/26/2020
- I reached out to the sales rep and he didn’t have to do a bunch of a pitch to me because I already knew what I wanted. He just confirmed that everything was the correct way. He answered all the questions I had. Sunlux just finished the installation on Monday so I’m still trying to figure it out and see how everything's gonna play out with Edison, my power provider. But everything seems to be running smoothly. You always get notified whenever there's something to do on the app and you do it such as in terms of the process. In terms of price, everything was good too because I got a few quotes from someone else and Sunlux beat them. At the end of the day, we went with them because they have a good reputation in the market.Jairo 10/17/2022
- I liked that SunLux didn't keep pestering us. Sunrun kept calling every 15 minutes, and I actually had to block their number. SunLux was a little more professional and didn't treat me like just a big sale. They just called and then we set the appointment. We just had the inspector and we've kind of got everything going. The experience is very positive and feels more service-oriented.Shane 4/08/2022
- Sunlux has been great. Every time they said they were gonna do something, they did it, from providing me the information that I needed to answering my questions and keeping me updated with the schedule of all the significant events. I recommend Sunlux, definitely. From the moment they installed the system, even though I still had to get permits, it was already connected, and I was already reaping the benefits out of it.Oscar 10/05/2022
- I spend several months researching and getting quotes from multiple solar contractors.Moises R. 11/07/2019
Let me tell you it was a big learning experience. At the end I decided to go with Sunlux.
They give me the best price and best guarantee than the other three solar companies for the system I was looking for.. They really took care of me and made the most effort to earn my business. Another key factor was their customer reviews. The process was smooth and very professional. Their installers where also very professional and pay attention to detail, taking my input and answering any questions I had.
I'm so glad I went with Sunlux.
- After interviewing over half a dozen solar companies, we kept going back to SunLux. Tracy W. was great from the beginning, upfront and not pushy like some other companies.Teddy C. 5/06/2019
Always responded to my questions or concerns throughout the entire process. We installed a fair amount of panels, which was installed in 2 days. Workers were on time, professional, and always kept me in the loop regarding the process.
Final inspection happened within a few days after installation. After Tracey, we dealt with Emma who was our project manager, who was also great to work with. Always communicated clearly with us and was helpful during the final steps.
Markie and Garret took care of us after our final inspection. After the second day of our panels being on, we experienced a glitch due to new inverters being installed. I got on the phone with Markie and Garret and the next day they both drove out to our home to fix the problem.
They stayed on the phone with the company for over 2 hours until the problem was fixed. After two weeks of having solar panels, we found birds nesting under our panels. We called Markie, and they are installing a critter guard at the end of the month.
SunLux made this a lot easier than what we anticipated after reading all the other horror stories on other solar review sites. If you are in the process of searching for a solar company, SunLux is the way to go.
- This is a very professional group of people. Everyone was responsive and helpful. The only problem, which wasn't their fault, was the time it took for the city inspector and the electric company to turn on the panels. I've only had the panels for a short time, but so far this has been a very pleasant experienceTherese B. 5/09/2019
- I'm living in the desert. Solar energy is plentiful. It made more sense to go with it. SunLux had the Panasonic panels that I wanted. They sold the kind of panel that I thought was best. A friend of mine also had used them and liked them. I had done some comparison, and they came up with the best overall deal for what I was looking for. So far, the panels are working great, and I have nothing but good things to say. We bought the system outright. The installation was great. It took a bunch of guys like seven hours. They were very pleasant. They couldn't have been better.SunLux was, from the get-go, very easy to deal with. When we were waiting to get confirmation from the government agency that has to okay the installation, they kept me up to date. With COVID, people weren't responding as quickly as possible. But I would hear from their representative practically once a week saying, “Still haven't heard anything yet. We'll keep you posted.” It was not her fault but she certainly stayed on top of it. It was excellent customer service. SunLux, overall, is very professional, very communicative and they kept me informed. They got great customer service.Betty 2/09/2021
- Sunlux installed our system at the end of last year, and we have been online since January. We decided to go with a ground mounted system, and so far we are very pleased with the results. We decided to go with them after hearing their advertisements on the radio. We appreciate how Sunlux has a very strong customer service team that is proactive to check on how things are going or answer any questions.R O. 6/05/2019
- SunLux seemed the best fit for us. They were really kind when I called them. The rep explained everything in detail without being patronizing. He was really helpful with setting it all up. Then the person I worked with the most was Berlin and she was amazing. She would email and call and was on top of everything. They were great. I appreciate them.Keegan 2/23/2021
- Choosing a Solar company is very difficult. We went with Sunlux because of their 25 year warranty. None of the other solar providers could offer anything comparable.Barbara F. 10/16/2019
While our initial installation was difficult, after contacting Sunlux Customer Service all was corrected and completed. Garrett worked with me and PG&E to get our meters working properly.
Sunlux monitors the usage and provides us with great information whenever I have questions.
The best part is we no longer have a PG&E bill over $10.00. I couldn't be happier with the system production and am glad we chose Sunlux.
- Southern California Edison has changed the net metering. The amount of money that Edison buys the power from people with solar panels is going to get cut by 75%. If you don't have your solar panels approved by Edison before April 17th, whatever Edison pays to buy power from people with solar panels gets changed by 75%. So, it would be more cost-effective to do it now. If we waited until after April 17th, people are saying it's gonna kill the solar industry in Southern California because Edison's not gonna be paying homeowners for the extra energy that they produce. So, we felt compelled to have solar panels installed because of the Edison deadline. So far, Sunlux hasn't started any work except process paperwork. So far, processing the paperwork has been fine. Edison approved the location of my meter. We're gonna get the meter changed out because it doesn't support the solar system. So, they're gonna put a new electrical panel box in where the meter goes. In order to do that, they have to get Edison's approval for the new location. So, they put a sticker on my existing box saying it's ok to put the new one in the same spot. It's procedural thing with Edison. So far, I had no problem with Sunlux. I had a question for the project manager, and I emailed them. They called me right away. There's really no problem getting questions answered. Saving money on the bill is kind of irrelevant because we're paying for the panels. So with the cost of the panels versus just paying the electric bill, I save a few hundred dollars a month versus my average electric bill. That's all I'll be saving for the most part over the next 20 years. The money I would spend to pay my electric bill, I'm paying for solar panels. I'm not saving any money. I'm just moving it from Edison to the solar panels.Bobby 3/23/2023
- When I first decided to purchase a solar system, I conducted extensive research on different companies, including reading on-line reviews and asking existing customers in my neighborhood. I also obtained estimates from four different companies, before finally deciding on Sunlux. I found Sunlux's prize to be compatible or better than the other companies and I was pleased with the Energy Consultant (Fernando Cano) I met with. During the entire process of obtaining permits, financing and installation, I was very pleased with everyone I dealt with, as they were very professional and courteous.Luis B. 8/31/2018
There were two minor glitches during the entire process, but ultimately everything was resolved to my satisfaction. One of these glitches was a misunderstanding and/or miscommunication regarding the interest rate on the financing. In the process of resolving this issue, Fernando Cano verbally offered to also install a Ring doorbell at my residence free of charge. Once the system was installed, so was the Ring doorbell and I absolutely love it.
The other glitch occurred on installation day when, apparently, the equipment truck destined for my house, sustained a flat tire. This caused the Sunlux employees to arrive late at my residence, which in turn caused them to return the following day (Saturday morning) to finish the job. I like to sleep in late on Saturday mornings, but it is nearly impossible to do so while solar panels are being installed on your roof. Once again, this was something minor and probably beyond anyone's control.
I believe that the bottom line to fairly reviewing any company is to ask your self two important questions after having done business with said company. #1. "Would I do business with this company again?" and #2. "Would I recommend this company to others?" The answer to both of my questions, "Yes I would".
- Sunlux was the most thorough. They were not the most affordable, but their honesty combined with their pricing was the best. The person that did our intake and walked us through the interview was the most honest. He is a salesperson, but he didn't act like one. The installation is supposed to happen in October, but we had a little hiccup with our project so we are probably going to push it out a little bit further. They work with what we thought was a lender, but they're a broker for the loan. The lender that they work with is no longer offering that loan. We're back at the application process.Karina 9/04/2022
- Our servers were shutting down all the time, and so we were losing a lot of data every time they shut down. One of the solutions was to get solar and we were already looking into solar, so it kind of worked out. SunLux was a recommendation. Their representatives were very responsive. Installation took less than a week, but it was pretty smooth. The cost of the service is fairly competitive. Go for SunLux.Takashi 6/30/2021
- We heard about Sunlux through a friend who used the company and specifically put us in touch with Chris. We called him and it was great. We liked how easy he explained everything really well to us. However, we had a little bump recently. My husband was home, and whoever came out to do the site audit didn't talk to my husband. In one of the emails that came through, I was a little confused because I wasn't sure exactly what the representative was asking us. I sent a clarifying email, then after that, the email that she sent back was a lot more clear. She was asking us about where we're gonna put the EVs. We're going back and forth now through email, trying to finalize where our EV outlets are gonna go. Nothing's been installed, but so far, Sunlux has been great. They're very responsive. If there’s anything, it's us on our end that has been lagging behind. There is a lag time in between when you’re communicating through email, and it’s hard. One time, my husband and I were like, “Well, did you answer?” “No, I thought you answered.” It took longer than we wanted it to go, but we try to respond quickly and Sunlux always responds quickly back to us.Michelle 2/18/2023
- SunLux was highly recommended and it seemed that the timeline was better. Also, it was much more value-based. My home used to be a single-family. I added an ADU, so I'm actually getting two units that are gonna be installed. I was looking into options on how to change that with monitoring each one independently. The rep just kicked me up to the higher-up person who was one of the owners and he was able to help me with my questions.Eric 11/28/2021
- I worked with Mark and didn't get the best impression of him at first. He talks a lot, and I’m more "get to the point". He was persistent and kept matching with other offers I was receiving. We signed with someone else but he didn’t give up. Eventually, he gained my trust. We have a set date for the installation but I have a concern right now. We don’t have the second payment and there’s a late fee for it. Right now, we’re trying to get a HELOC but they're delaying it. I’m concerned if they will commit to the late fee, or will they give us a grace period to get this resolved. Things have changed with COVID and they're not as accommodating to us. We need to sign papers and they're about an hour away. We're gonna see if they'll wait later for us to sign after we get off work. They are not willing to send somebody to us. The guy took Thursday off, and I don't think he was willing to let somebody else handle it. He’s putting us in a really tight bind. We have to sign by Friday in order to meet that deadline. But we've been in contact with someone from Texas and there have been a lot of long pauses, but when a deadline needs to be hit, she’s on it. I have my mom’s house next. Assuming this goes down well, we’ll be doing it again with SunLux.Carlos 12/01/2021
- We interviewed 3 different solar companies but chose Sunlux. Excellent customer service, as they take it to the next level. Quick to respond and alway trying to go above and beyond to help their customer. Even 2 years after install they are just a phone call away. Always available to answer all our questions and concerns. Love their service.Indi G. 2/21/2020
- My parents have solar on their house and they’ve had it for 30 years now. They've known all the benefits. When me and my wife got our home, we wanted to go ahead and put solar on it as well and we found out about SunLux. There was another neighbor in our community who had solar as well and he worked with SunLux. He highly recommended them. So, we went ahead and got a call from SunLux and that worked out. The enrollment process was quick. It took about a week because we were adamant to get started. The installation and everything was fine. It was afterwards, through the inspections that had to be done, there was a little bit of miscommunication. But nothing too bad. It just delayed things by a week or so because they didn't seem to be on the same page together. In going solar, the benefit is almost immediate and we see it’s producing. The bill went down and everything seems to be working.Dan 2/19/2021
- We had compared a few different companies and finally decided on Sunlux. While the price are pretty standard in the market, the deciding factors for us were the warranty (the guaranty level of electricity production over 25 years period) and the brand of panels they use. Once the contract was signed, the rest was really easy. They were very good at communicating with us, always returned calls, text when we had questions. The scheduling, installation and city inspection was painless and smooth. So, overall, very happy with the experience.Shirley L. 2/20/2020
- Sunlux has done everything they said they were gonna do and they responded to every question I've had. Their contract was very detailed and it included the requirements that the law required. I'm fully clear about everything that is going on and how it's happening. It's been about a three-week process so far. We're in the engineering process awaiting a final design and plan. Everything's going as scheduled, as planned, as expected, and as they describe it to me.Steven 2/19/2023
- After a couple of years of contemplating solar and receiving a number of quotes, we decided to go with SunLux for our solar system. They were not the very cheapest (but close), but I felt that Tracy Woodburn, our sales consultant, really listened to our needs and not only was confident in SunLux's ability to deliver, but communicated this without a lot of heavy pressure like another large company did (via a large membership store). I also liked that much of the initial discussion and evaluation was done over the phone and email after Tracy viewed our home on GoogleEarth. None of the other companies were willing to do as much without meeting with us in our home where the heavy sales pressure was started.Lynn B. 4/07/2019
We initially spoke about 20 panels, but the original design only had 19. I contacted Tracy who immediately took it back to the design team, and very quickly we had a plan with 20 panels. I appreciated that Tracy hadn't over-promised and also that he stood by his word and made sure we got what we had asked for.
Everybody who came to our house for the installation was professional, polite, and highly skilled. The work that was done looks beautiful. We ended up needing a new electric panel and we were not charged any additional fee. The city then said the panel needed to be moved, and SunLux quickly sent out a team to do this. Again, no additional fee, no grumbling, and beautiful work.
We had a change in Project Managers partway through the job, and Tracy Woodburn remained a point of contact throughout so that whenever I had a question or concern, he made sure that I got the answer.
At the very end of the project there was some miscommunication about a 220 outlet that we wanted installed. It is entirely possible that the misunderstanding was on my end, and not on the end of the company, but SunLux honored my understanding of the agreement and completed that installation.
We've only had one full month of operation, but the system overproduced for that one month, which is easy to track with the software and website they signed me up with.
Would I recommend SunLux? Absolutely! I'm not sure if the other sales staff remain as involved as Tracy did, but I would recommend that you ask for him, as he really made the process much smoother from start to finish!
- My experience with SunLux was good until they sent me an email calling me sir. I wrote back and said, “How many men do you know named Nancy?” And then, they also sent me another email saying that my wife is a mister as well. I told them to get their pronouns right or I'm not gonna do it. The company sent something out to all their employees and reacted very positively to my feedback. Everyone’s been very supportive of me after I told them about that. They stepped up, and I appreciated it.Nancy 6/12/2021
- I usually don’t take the time to write reviews. However, this time I decided to do it because it is important for people to know how great Sunlux is. We began our search for solar companies when we bought our house about year and a half ago. We met with many different companies but we noticed that they weren’t truthful and they were only interested in making a sale. We were ready to sign a contract with the only company we believed to be honest, when we were referred to Sunlux. They were absolutely magnificent! They were honest and straightforward from the beginning, went above and beyond our expectations and were prompt and so helpful. They took care of absolutely everything; they even provided same day installation. They were very professional and left the area cleaner than they found it. We have now had the panels for about a month and are beyond pleased with the continued service and professionalism given by the company.Diana O. 5/28/2020
- First, let me say that my experience with Sunlux was a good one. The agent that first met with me was very pleasant and knowledgeable and put a great system together for what my solar power system. The technicians that came to install the system were also very professional and courteous. After that, there is some patience that you will have to have with getting the system up and running. From Sunlux dealing with the Gas Company, DWP, and the city inspectors, it can get to be time consuming, but they keep you abreast to what’s going on. Garrett in the main office was very helpful all the way through the process. Overall I’m very happy with my choice of Sunlux and I’m looking forward to saving money on my power bills by generating solar energy.TC C. 5/22/2019
- The process was simple. Sunlux sends you the contract and you paperless sign all the documents. The price just couldn't be matched. Also, everyone in every stage has been very good at responding back to questions. Most recently, they told me that they don't have the panels that we have agreed upon to install. We're in the process of reselecting different panels for a rooftop. It's been great.Ismael 10/28/2022
- I recently completed my solar project with SunLux. They did a great job with my installation. They set the proper expectation on start and end times of the install and the communication throughout the project was excellent. Freddy and Liz were always quick to respond to questions and were so helpful all along the way! I did have one issue with the wiring I wanted corrected. The owner of the company contacted me directly and personally ensured that the issue was addressed. For me it is great to see the owner backing up the work first hand ensuring the customer is happy when the work is done. I would highly recommend SunLux. Oh, and their prices were far better than any other I received. Bring them in without hesitation.Dave M. 5/01/2019
- Sunlux has been very diligent. Everything is transparent. They've tried to accommodate a lot of the questions and concerns that I've had. They don't promise everything, but they provide you with the details. The gentleman who explained the details to me had a very detailed presentation. It took a lot of time but it explained a lot of things. I'm still in the middle of trying to finalize how we're gonna be approaching the project. We're making sure that the roof is able to handle that added load and that we don't have to remove the panels 5, 10 years from now to fix leaks.James 5/26/2022
- Highly recommended, especially if you think you got roofing issues.Simon L. 6/23/2020
I'm glad I didn't give up on my solar project because I almost did. Back in 2019, I was ready to move ahead with the project and went to energysage.com get quotes. I've had over 10 quotes and I actually even signed up with another installer at the time (not SunLux) and started the project. Then shortly after the project started I was told they discovered my roof had issues so the project was cancelled. I cancelled in part 1) the installer didn't do roofing and I didn't want to deal with multiple contractors and 2) the unexpected cost in the project.
And apparently, the installer wasn't too excited about either, it seem. I guess most installers out there just want the easy installs but that's not the real world out there.
I all but had given up. Then 6 months later I decided I give it another try and recalled Sunlux had given me a quote prior but never followed up on it. Explained my situation to Tracy, my Sunlux consultant and he said my roof issue can be handled by Sunlux. He was very responsive to my needs, customized a system that I want and even had a great suggestion on the panel placement. How it looks is as important as the power for me. All that within my budget.
So with contract signed, this is typically where most solar project fall apart (right?) and this is what I heard from my neighbors with their solar project from a different installer.
Nope, not with Sunlux. The project moved quickly and it stayed that way. I got coordinated with the project manager Jennifer and she made sure all my concerns were addressed. Even with Covid, the project took no more than 3 months and the bulk of the wait is with permitting. It only took 2 days for roofing and other 2 days for the panel install.
Very happy with the overall install experience, pricing, and service. On top of it, I had only had to deal with one contractor for both solar and roofing. Highly recommended!
- From the first phone call for a quote until the last approval from SCE, every employee I encountered was kind and professional. I called 3 companies for quotes. Theirs was the least expensive and they were the most comprehensive as they explained the process to me. I will refer my family and friends to them!!!Christina C. 1/08/2018
- SunLux did a great job. Everything went just as promised. They gave a quote saying how much energy would be produced. They picked solar panels that looked to be quality panels (LG). They provided the design, showing the actual house, and that got approval before we went in. It then went in just like they said they would. There was good communication all along the way. The people were also courteous, acted professional and the work looked to be done professionally as well. It's only been about 14 days since, so I haven't realized anything in a bill yet. Only partially last month, which was indeed lower. They've got a program that says how much you're generating and what your average use is. My average use for this month, according to Edison, is 50 kilowatts. I've been producing an average of 65 kilowatts, so we're producing more than what we're using for this time of year.Robert 3/19/2021
- We chose Sunlux because they were highly recommended by previous clients. From start to finish the majority of the team involved was professional and thorough. The whole process was very efficient and coordinated well. Sunlux did all the paperwork, coordinated with city inspectors, and made the entire process very easy and user friendly. The on site project manager was very knowledgeable and their customer service manager resolved our issues quickly. My only complaint would be against the sales rep who tainted our overall experience with lack of communication. Otherwise, I would definitely recommend this company.Alice L. 7/20/2018
- Things have generally gone okay with Sunlux and the only thing that is disappointing is my project manager is out in Texas and I live in a three-story house and they keep saying that there are things that are preventing the project from going to the next level. So, I'm trying to see if they can complete the project work-up so then it can go to my HOA. It's stalled out a little bit. So, I'm waiting for Sunlux to take the next step. Everyone on the team seems to be receptive and seems to be trying to do their best to provide appropriate services. But every month that goes by that I don't have solar panels on the roof, I'm losing money because that's money that I'm paying into a power bill that I wouldn't necessarily have to pay. So, Sunlux is in a tough spot because the faster they get the solar panels up, the happier the customer is. So, I'm just sitting here watching the clock. We're just starting this process and there's still gonna be many steps left. So, if six months goes by and there are still no solar panels, I'm out a couple of $1,000 in solar savings. Six months from now, if we get to a place where things are not moving forward appropriately, I'm gonna be upset. But right now, things are good. We're only a month In so there's plenty of time. I'm flexible. Generally speaking, I'm happy.Thomas 2/25/2023
- SunLux quickly understood our needs and designed an appropriate system with quality components from the beginning. Competitors started their proposal with a lesser system with lower quality components. After weeks of working with a competitor, they came up with the exact same system as SunLux and at the same price. The main reason we liked SunLux is that we had roofing issues. Competitors wanted to sell a whole new roof while SunLux came up with a much less expensive solution.Timothy R. 7/21/2019
- Was very pleased that the owner reached out to help find a reasonable solution for both parties. Once the issue was explained, he made sure that the customer walked away happy and I think everyone wins with that in mind.Went with Sunlux to get a solar system to hook up an electric jacuzzi (that was a mistake right away, should not use electric to heat jacuzzi, not worth it at all, even with solar). I told the salesmen this was the purpose of installing solar, and he said great and led me down the path to obtain solar with Sunlux. My bill went through the roof once I started running my jacuzzi and after multiple attempts, no one at Sunlux is willing to help in anyway... they are literally in it just for the sale, don't waste your time and go with literally any other solar company!!! Also, if you are military, they don't offer any discounts, just FYI...Torry 5/11/2021
- After months of research, my husband and I finally installed solar panels on our home. We had a fantastic experience with Sunlux. After putting the sales agent through his paces with my many questions about the materials, the esthetics and the process, he passed with flying colors. He was very patient and informative. He was the only one (of many) who took the time to make sure I understood how each component worked with the system. The system we purchased was designed for our needs and energy usage not just the square footage of our home. The engineers were very helpful with designing multiple options for the panel placement. I certainly didn't make things easy for them. Each person I interacted with was helpful and professional.Peggy L. 12/30/2018
The installation took one day. A team of five very polite men worked together efficiently and neatly. They cleaned up perfectly before leaving. The city inspection followed a week later. The inspector was very impressed with the quality of the installation. At that visit, one man from Sunlux took care of all the painting of conduit to match our siding, roof and trim colors. They actually color matched all the paint! The system is up and running. I have an app on my phone that keeps track of the energy production. It was all seamless.
I highly recommend Sunlux and our sales agent, Mark Trujillo. Mark has stayed in touch throughout the entire process to make sure I was happy with the progress and final result.
One final note. Sunlux was less expensive, provided a better warranty, uses high quality panels and has excellent customer service from start to finish.
If you're interested in solar panels, make sure you do your research. I'm glad I did mine!
- So far, SunLux has been great. They were competitive with price. They weren't the cheapest company that I went with, but I'm hoping I’m getting what I'm paying for. So far, it feels like it. They provided various financing options, and they were transparent about it. They said, “We have these companies. There's like 10 or more. You can pick whatever makes the most sense for you based on APR or anything like that.”Don was the engineer that talked to me directly, and he was very informed about the industry. In fact, I chose SunLux because he gave me a little more technical information than some of the other agencies. He also made a point to recommend the specific LG panel that they have, which nobody else seems to carry. Instead of converting to DC power, it converts to AC power right at the panel. That was nice.I got 29 panels, and installation hasn't been completed yet. They're still going through the permitting process, but that's almost done. Erica is my project manager. She’s been really communicative and if she doesn't know the answer, she will find out. I see messages from her late and early, and I can tell she's working hard to keep all the plates spinning, which is not easy.Matthew 12/02/2021
- We have had our solar with Sunlux for 8 months now. We are extremely happy with the solar production and customer service. Everybody I've talked to has been very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. Solar is a huge investment and I feel good knowing that Sunlux will be there for us for the long haul.Crissy B. 6/19/2020
- Starting with initial consultation to installation with SunLux was real smooth. There was a little glitch with county inspection, but SunLux technicians took care of the issue. I was well informed about each stage of the process. Whole process took less than 3 months which is shorter than what I expected. Everyone from SunLux that I dealt were as pleasant as they we're professional. I am happy with my decision to go with SunLux.Myung Y. 11/20/2019
- So I had heard and read many reviews of Sunlux, and I was quite impressed. It appeared that this was the kind of company that I wanted to install solar panels at my home. However, things got off to a rough start since it was hard to get a hold of a contact person. I had left both a written and voice message to the company, and I didn't get a call back after a week and a half. I decided to contact them again, and I was told that they had been experiencing "upgrade equipment problems"--fair enough. I scheduled an appointment, and our representative didn't show up. In my experience as a homeowner, this is a red flag from a contractor; never good. But, I wanted to reconcile all the stellar reviews with this company, and despite my better judgment, I gave them another chance. I called again, and the representative sounded contrite and embarrassed over how I had been treated and offered me a small discount should I accept their services. After finally meeting with Ryan Reyes, and hearing more apologies, I felt confident about contracting Sunlux . Ryan, by the way was very professional and sounded trustworthy. I quickly forgot about my initial contact with the company.Juan-Carlos R. 7/13/2018
The entire job, from start to finish was a very slow, and often frustrating experience. From initial contact to final job completion, the whole project took almost five months, but in all fairness to Sunlux, in was not always because of their doing. I live in a section of Southern California that is served by LADWP, and apparently this utility company is rather particular about how they deal with solar panel companies, often making LADWP inspectors difficult to reach and schedule appointments. This in turn just causes projects to stretch out into many more additional weeks.
On a couple of occasions, several glitches came up, and I felt I got I caught between the LADWP and Sunlux to resolve problems. For example, there was a backyard tree in the way of the city power lines. The issue? Who was supposed to trim the tree? Amazingly, this took a couple of weeks to resolve. The whole thing was confusing and aggravating to me.
For the most part, my project manager kept me apprised about the progress of my project. She kept in touch through email, and she quickly got back to me about questions I would submit. However, as the project stretched out because of some unforeseen problems, I would hear less from her, and so I would have to call to get updates. Toward the end, I was having to make a lot of calls to get information. On one occasion, a worker showed up to fix a major problem with the installation location of the panel inverter. I had not been made aware that there was even a problem. I found it necessary to contact a supervisor and to request to be kept better informed of such things. This snafu eventually extended my project even more. However, in the end, everything was made right.
At this point I have to state the following. First, it is not my intention to write a negative review--on the contrary, this report ends quite favorably--please read on. I simply want to describe what occurred. Second, every time I had to contact ANYBODY at Sunlux, I was always treated with captive ears, and was always treated kindly, professionally and with courtesy.
In the final analysis, I have two crucial questions that address the bottom line for my money: did Sunlux stand behind its work, and correct any problems, glitches or fixes that came up during the job?, and does the Sunlux system designed for my house produce the amount of energy that was projected to be generated on my contract? To answer the first question: yes. Although it took much longer than I had ever expected, Sunlux was very complete and careful with anything that came a long the way. All workers who came to my house were clean and professional. I might add--and this is worth noting for any reputable contractor--Sunlux did not ask for their final payment until the very last fix was completed; good for them. And as to my second question, from the preliminary data I'm getting from our system, it appears my system is producing what we had expected, although I won't know for sure for several months, until I get more complete data. This, I think will be the absolute bottom line. After all, this is the reason we choose to go solar, correct? Also, least I forget, if the system does not produce the kilowatt hours Sunlux was hoping for, how well will its promise to pay the difference to customers play out?
Would I recommend Sunlux to friends, family and to others? Absolutely. Are they a worry-free company? No. I don't think there is such a thing, but I think they represent a young company with a potential to become a truly outstanding solar company. From speaking with many Sunlux employees over the last few months, I feel they are sincere and honest.
I hope they take the time to read this.
- SunLux kept me informed all the way through the purchase and installation process. I was informed of various changes in the status or things like when it went to permitting and when they were gonna come in and install or do the measurements. There was one day when I wasn't at the house as I was supposed to be and they turned up to do the initial survey. But we managed that remotely, which was wonderful because I didn’t have to leave work. From that point on, it was seamless.They had to put a new breaker box on the property and they had to take out the old one. They took out part of the outside wall to get the new one in but that couldn't be covered up or made good straightaway until the city had inspected it, which was going to be about two weeks. They covered it with an awning and it kept it all dry and safe. As soon as the city had inspected it, they came and made good, the wall. Right now, you couldn't even tell it had been taken apart. They did a great job.Paul 6/17/2021
- I selected four different companies and I interviewed all four. The salesman for SunLux was more knowledgeable simply because he had more years of experience in the field. I felt comfortable with that. I liked their warranty because it made me feel comfortable that they're going to be around to repair things if something goes wrong. They're not a company that I perceive is going to close up shop tomorrow. I was very impressed by their entire presentation and everything thus far has followed suit. They present things in a very organized way that a consumer who's not all that knowledgeable about solar can understand.Their pricing structure also made a lot of sense. They analyzed our bills. They looked at our roof. They made comments on what would need to be done, and then put together a structure that made sense for me. He told me the options and then he connected me to the bank that they use to finance, and they took over from there. We're in the beginning phases. They did their inspection. Now, it's gone to their engineering department. Once their engineering department analyzes all the data, then the rep will come back to me and say, “We need to increase or decrease the panels."Emmett 2/23/2022
- Selling Reviews Yelp,google(Premium Quality)James P. 1/31/2021
Guaranteed confidentiality and quality of reviews
All accounts of real users, with reviews and friends
If the review is removed, we will replace it with a new one for free.
Contact us email@example.com
Reviews on Yelp
10 reviews on Yelp = $ 450
20 reviews on Yelp = $ 800
50 reviews on Yelp = $ 2200
Reviews on googl
10 reviews in googl = $ 250
20 reviews in googl = 450 $
50 reviews in googl = 1000 $
- SunLux did a great job from start to finish. They showed up on time and finished the majority of the installation in one day. They handled everything including acquiring the proper permits, scheduling permit inspections and teaching me about the equipment. The installers broke two roof tiles during the installation. They let me know that they were broken and would return with new ones. In the meantime, They sealed the area to prevent leaks. It rained for the next four days and no leaks. Good job. I highly recommend SunLux.Ted Y. 2/13/2019
- I'm still waiting for installation, and the process up to this point, Sunlux has been fantastic to work with. They keep me informed via email once a week through the process of what they're doing and where we're at. I just got an email yesterday from them letting me know that I need to contact Edison to unlock my meter so they can derate my panel.Charles 2/16/2023
- I saw some advertising for SunLux over KFI and I trust those guys. I also heard Bill Handel talking about it for a long time, so I decided to give it a shot. Their team was good. I dealt with Adam for a while, then he passed me on to Jennifer. She followed through with all the steps from the planning to when they came out to assess the roof structurally and through DWP. It was nice and I enjoyed everything about it. Aside from that, the installation was very quick. It was done within two days since they had to change one of the patterns and they had to reroute the power lines for something. The system was hooked up on June 10th and was generating power from day one when SunLux left, but DWP didn't officially hook it up until about a month later. All in all, I'm happy with my system.Gregg 2/18/2021
- When I reached out to a couple of solar companies, SunLux was pretty responsive and I decided to go with them. The sales process was straightforward. They came out, did an analysis, and sent it to me. They followed up a couple times and it took me a few months to pull the trigger. Then, during the whole process, they were fairly communicative except towards the end. I didn't know if they were transitioning offices but there was about a two-week period where I couldn't get ahold of anyone. Then, they got ahold of me and I had to escalate something to a couple of people. I finally got ahold of them and they did the final connection thing.A. 6/09/2021
- I met their rep Mark through Zoom. He was very knowledgeable and patient. It was a good experience working with him. We met him a second time to answer any questions. He had infographics that explained things further. He covered what the cost would be and the percentage rate, all on the phone. Then I was assigned a project manager who took care of handling the signing of the documents. They went through our bill to go over how many panels we would need based on our usage. We had a really good experience so far. We haven't seen the finished product yet but we felt very comfortable after meeting with Mark.Susana 3/09/2023
- Fantastic experience. The solar consultant I spoke with, Fernando **, was extremely knowledgeable. Fernando helped lay out a couple of possible custom tailored solar plans for my home which included details about overall cost, expected kilowatt hours accumulated by the panels, my own power needs, etc. It was informative and all of my questions/concerns were answered. I can't say that about the other companies I spoke with. If you're going to go solar go with Sunlux.travis 9/17/2021
- I have their system for a year and it is really paying off. Two self caused service calls were the greatest experiences ever. Fast to call back, great comfort on the phone and rapid to arrive . They knew what to do and even though I caused the short they remedied the problem and saved my day with nothing but smilesGary P. 4/12/2019
- Sunlux is a great choice for home solar installation. I used them to install my new solar panels and I'm very satisfied. On the front end, Rob Martinez helped me plan the layout that best used my roof shape and got me the power output I was looking for. And once the plans were made, Jen Bennett helped me coordinate the permit and the installation. Both Rob and Jen were great and made the process pretty painless. I definitely recommend Sunlux for solar panels, they do a great job!Zack D. 2/01/2021
- Sunlux had the slightly smaller panels that are more conducive, so I went with them. I liked the rep's level of communication. But the biggest thing for me is the supply chain issues hampered their ability to just stick with a specific vendor for their panels. When I first engaged, they talked about using LG panels, then about using Panasonic. Towards the end, they were, "I'm not sure if we're gonna be able to use the Panasonic. We may have to switch to Tesla." At which time I said, "I can't use the Tesla because I won't get a comparable sized system." They said that they would make available the Panasonics. So managing their supply chain for the consistent product delivery would be the area that I would improve the most. Other than that, I would not hesitate to recommend Sunlux to a friend. But I would warn him that supply chain issues are impacting their ability to do certain layouts.Mitch 3/31/2022
- So far, it’s been great. I've given all the information and they came and did the inspection. Everyone I've talked to from SunLux has been phenomenally happy and helpful. That was another reason why I went with them. The other reason I chose them was I had three other quotes and they were the lowest. They’re also local in Southern California. I've heard them on the local radio and every time I heard them speak or talk to them, it’s always been pleasant.Jason 10/17/2021
- I'm waiting to find out some issue that has developed where I'm not being given much information so it's confusing. Other than that, the whole process has gone very well with SunLux. Even though the installation is done, Bonnie, the main person who was handling my inquiries, is very responsive if there's an additional issue. This falls outside of her purview at this time. There were some broken tiles but they were repaired and SunLux got everything up and running.Peter 6/11/2021
- We talked with a couple of companies. There was a company where we started to move towards the design phase but the design really did not accommodate our home. We have a Spanish-style home and part of it has a flat roof. Another part is tiled out roofing with classic clay tiles. We wanted to make sure that the investment was going to yield the savings we were seeking. If they were putting in solar and there was not enough solar panels to offset the cost of paying the utility company, it didn't make any sense. They didn't seem to have an alternative. Also, there wasn't any consistency in contact with the customer service so we decided to hold off on that.We called a local radio host. He's a designer and does construction of homes in California. He has lots of great tips. I said, "Surely, there has to be these panels that have evolved to be smaller, but more powerful." Technology is evolving at least every three years, if not yearly. He recommended SunLux and they're an advertiser. I liked his advice and gave SunLux a call. The engineer or the tech expert walked us through the different products and what decisions we needed to make. We are under the pandemic and it was very easy to show some of the options for us. They had a picture of our house so we could see where the panels might go on our roofing.From there, they had a financing option that worked really well for us. Every step of the way, the management of the project was well done. There was someone we could contact to help us to be ready for each stage. Everyone was courteous and very professional. That coordinator, Erica, made such a difference in keeping us apprised of what was going on. There was the ease of the financing. They gave us some options of a Tesla battery at the time. There was also LG and the products they offered were state of the art, which was what we were looking for. We had to make some modifications to the solar panels but SunLux was able to put all the solar panels on our roofing. The modification required them to have some of the panels that would come right at the edge of the roof. We were concerned about that because the way they put those panels in, you walk to our house and you cannot see those panels. I see some people around my neighborhood who have gotten solar panels and when you walk to their house, there are these hideous panels that are right at the front door. It disrupts the aesthetic of the home. SunLux was able to make the adjustment and they did not have to do a hanging. They were able to work with the roof and reconfigure things. It's lovely. We retained the style of our Spanish home. The architectural integrity was important to us. And in handling all the permits, we really put ourselves in SunLux's hands and they competently accomplished each step. We are very happy with SunLux and really glad to recommend them. They're topflight and they live up to their reputation.When making a purchase of solar panels, you want to have the right company to know what you want and know how the company manages the process. Their communications and their customer support are absolutely key to guide you through the process. There's a permitting process but how does the company handle it? How professional and courteous are they in communications with you frequently so you know every step of the way? This is the process that SunLux used and gave us confidence.Peggy 3/23/2021
- Our experience with Sunlux was great. The salesperson was knowledgeable and walked us through the process of selecting the right amount of panels for our roof.Mike S. 10/25/2019
The design department worked with us through the permit and layout process. When the panels finally where installed about 6 weeks later we where very happy.
The entire crew was very professional and well trained. Overall I would can recommend Sunlux to everyone.
Thank you to the entire crew! GREAT JOB!
- When we bought the house, my sister got her solar, so to save money, we decided to go with solar. We were about to sign the contract with another company, but then SunLux gave us a better price so we decided to go with them. The reps were very good and respectful. The response was quick. The only thing I don't like is the app because it shows me how much we're producing, but not how much we're spending. I wanna have energy for summer and I have to keep track like that. I don't know if it's because I don't have the battery, but that's the only thing that I can think of. Otherwise, everything is perfect. I'm very happy.Diana 5/21/2020
- After being harassed by a couple other companies (not naming names), we did some more research and SunLux was a breath of fresh air. Everyone from the sales rep to the project manager to the installers have been so professional, communicative and a pleasure to work with. The installation was completed way sooner than I imagined, like a crew of beyond efficient (and clean) ninjas. Our only issue, which is so minor and not on SunLux at all, was a missing in action inspector from the city to give the approval of instal which was quickly resolved by the project manager. Obviously the quality of the physical work is highly commended, but equally as is the quality of customer care. The cost seemed a bit high for me at first, but you get what you pay for. And other unnamed companies were a bit sketchy about the final final cost of everything "because things always come up", but there was full transparency in the agreed upon price and we weren't surprised by anything. Being first time home owners, this project seemed like it was going to be quite the ordeal. But unlike trying to get our Nest system to connect to the internet, this whole process was seamless and (honestly) too easy. Would not hesitate or skip a beat to recommend them to anyone.Rachel T. 1/30/2019
- Going solar helps the environment stuff, but the main driving factor for me was the tax credit. I was gonna have to pay somebody $15,000 either the government or private company, and I chose to pay the private company. I went to several different companies and the industry-standard, in my opinion, is around $3.50 per kilowatt hour. SunLux quoted me $3.29 per kilowatt hour but in my search, I got somebody that was quoting me 2.75 per kilowatt hour. So when I went back to SunLux, I told them about it and their rep sent in the bid. They brought theirs down to 2.77.The consumer is at a clear disadvantage ‘cause they don’t know what goes into these systems. Once I got into it, I saw that the cost of the material was about $22,000 and there were a couple of days labor for the install. They had to do some running around to submit some stuff, so there was quite a bit of room in there for a profit margin. So, solar is a good thing but it’s a little bit overpriced no matter who’s doing it.I wanted the Panasonic panels and SunLux got me that. I had some company who tried to push me to a different panel and I said no. Also, there was some discussion between microinverters and traditional inverters with the optimizers that sit on panels. We went back and forth about that a little bit. They were pushing hard on the regular inverters with the optimizers and we got to the point where it wasn’t worth hassling about it anymore. The size of the traditional inverters has shrug down quite a bit from a few years back, so it’s not quite as unsightly and the system seems to operate fine.Lowell 4/02/2020
- We looked at multiple companies for solar over a year. Sunlux was professional from the first point of contact. Between their customer service, installers and employees everyone was helpful and respectful. Getting solar was the best decision we made and I would highly recommend Sunlux.Kim H. 2/26/2020
- I picked Sunlux for solar to install on my elderly parents house. This was after 5 other quotes. Price was the best. From signing contract to power up was better than imagined. Even with weather delays (wet in socal this year) they got past the delays. Customer service is fantastic. They know how to design a system. I recommend them highly.Ronald J. 6/12/2019
- I've had a very positive experience with Sunlux. I feel they are an ethical company that stands by their word. There were some problems with employee turnover over the course of installing my system, so it ended up taking longer than it should have to get solar activated. I worked with Adam and Jessica to get compensated for my lost production. They were good to keep their word and worked hard to make things right. Now my Sunlux system is activated and my first bill was completely zeroed out. I was SO happy! Sunlux assessed my need and my difficult issue with a big tree that shades much of my house correctly. I'm very happy overall.Aimee C. 4/20/2020
- Wanted to share my experience with Sunlux.. These guys are fantastic! I met with 4 other Solar companies and finally chose these guys. Not only did they install 30 Solar panels, but they also built us a covered patio to put them on. Eveything came out great, all of the staff and I dealt with were friendly and professional. Their follow up after the install has been great, and their prices are very competitive as well. Thanks Ben C*****, Guillermo, Aaron and the rest of the Sunlux team for a wonderful experience. Can't wait to see my SCE bill in the coming months!Alfred T. 2/18/2019
- Three companies called me to give me a quote. When I reviewed the quote from SunLux and the equipment that was gonna be placed, I liked it a lot better. It was not the price that I liked but the system. It was a better option for me. It was going to be LG panels, and they were going to be 375 watts each panel. They were going to be providing 7.5 kilowatts.The SunLux representatives were helpful, knowledgeable and pretty professional. The salesperson had a really good communication. Also, the project manager was always in contact with me. I got 19 panels because they were gonna provide the energy that they promised that they were gonna get me. The installation went pretty smoothly.Jesus 6/16/2021