the most affordable way to go solar
Switch to solar with one easy monthly payment that’s lower than your current electricity bill.
Rate Lock Guarantee
Worry & Maintenance Free
How it works
Leasing your panels is truly the easiest way to go solar.
Pay nothing for solar installation, just a low monthly locked-in rate for the power your system produces over a 25-year agreement.
BENEFITS OF LeASING
Save 20% or more.
With an incredibly low monthly rate that’s locked in for 25 years, you’ll be paying less monthly than you already are for traditional electricity.
Save instantly with zero money out of pocket.
Enjoy all the benefits of going solar without the cost. We pay for the panels. You only pay for the solar energy.
LEARN WHY SUNLUX IS THE BEST CHOICE IN SOLAR
We manage everything so you don’t have to.
Go solar in less than two months from start to finish with little to no effort. We take care of everything, including working with the city, so you can simply sit backand enjoy the savings.
Your satisfaction is our top priority.
We’ve built our reputation on providing world-class service to our customers. Years of experience and a proven track record ensure you’ll get the very best with Sunlux.
What Sunlux solar customers say
Don't take our word for it. Read what our valued customers think about us.
- We are at the paperwork portion of the process and my rep, Erica, has been doing well. She was very accommodating, answered all my questions, and helped me through everything. She caught a little issue before going into the HOA approval process. I forgot to sign one of the areas on there. We fixed that quickly. I’m happy that I chose SunLux.John 12/04/2021
- We chose Sunlux because they were highly recommended by previous clients. From start to finish the majority of the team involved was professional and thorough. The whole process was very efficient and coordinated well. Sunlux did all the paperwork, coordinated with city inspectors, and made the entire process very easy and user friendly. The on site project manager was very knowledgeable and their customer service manager resolved our issues quickly. My only complaint would be against the sales rep who tainted our overall experience with lack of communication. Otherwise, I would definitely recommend this company.Alice L. 7/20/2018
- We were in the market for a solar system from a company that was reliable and we could trust. After doing lots of research we asked Sunlux to be our solar provider. They were very honest with their prices (they were on one of the lowest) and their customer service has been excellent? Since we did not know a lot about solar systems, they educated us to be smart consumers and gave us options and choices that met our needs. We can truly say, we are very happy with Sunlux and would recommend them to others as well.Scott M. 2/18/2020
- I was very pleased with SunLux Energy. I live in the city of Glendale, California and we must have the most difficult permitting process ever. We started this process on April 23rd of 2020 and it took almost one year to pull the permit just to have SunLux come in and install the solar. We had an original project manager who left the company and kinda left us hanging for a bit. But the next project manager that came in did an excellent job trying to recover and stuck with us throughout the process. I really appreciate that. They know how to work through the process and they worked very diligently. Everything was installed. All the detailing was done and wrapped it up and commissioned in four to six weeks. It was fast. It’s nice to make your own energy. When they installed it and they commissioned it, we were partially through one cycle and we get billed every other month. I'm waiting for two full months to pass in order to see the benefits but I could tell right now, I've already looked at the kilowatt production per week and per month and we'll be able to pay off the system in pretty quick period of time.Michael 4/21/2021
- We interviewed 3 different solar companies but chose Sunlux. Excellent customer service, as they take it to the next level. Quick to respond and alway trying to go above and beyond to help their customer. Even 2 years after install they are just a phone call away. Always available to answer all our questions and concerns. Love their service.Indi G. 2/20/2020
- They were very puctual and on time. The instalation was faster than i expected. Upgraded the electrical panel with top notch equipment. Patch up work was great too! They trenched the conduit from my detached garage in a day. Probably took 2 weeks and i was already hooked to edison and generating power. Good group of guys doing the install..couldnt ask for a better install for the first time going solar!Jack C. 1/02/2018
- Our experience with Sunlux was great. The salesperson was knowledgeable and walked us through the process of selecting the right amount of panels for our roof. The design department worked with us through the permit and layout process. When the panels finally where installed about 6 weeks later we where very happy. The entire crew was very professional and well trained. Overall I would can recommend Sunlux to everyone. Thank you to the entire crew! GREAT JOB!Mike S. 10/25/2019
- I liked Sunlux's warranty on the LG panels, the pricing, and the production guarantee. The rep was pretty good although he got a little impatient with us at the end because we had competing bids and we were interested in getting a fair deal. There were a few mistakes that were made on the contracts that they sent us that had to get revised. But for the most part, he seemed pretty informed. Our system hasn't been installed yet. There are a lot of people trying to install solar right now and so they anticipate that we're hoping that it will be installed by the end of the year. But they are staying in communication with us.Brian 11/02/2021
- Sunlux has been awesome in the quoting communications and delivery process. Everything in their power, was done well. But the governmental LADWP is a different story and the only heads up on SunLux part.Debbie K. 11/05/2021
Everyone should recognize that installing a solar system on your house is not an instant process. Beware that just because the solar system is installed doesn't mean you can operate it immediately.
Building departments have to inspect and approve. For us that was fairly quick even, happening within 3 days. But at this point we still two weeks after they install can't operate the solar system because the department of water and power hasn't given us permission yet.
I know that sounds a little crazy but evidently they have to change the meter again and then review it and then they might give you an operating permit. What everyone does not realize is that the solar panels do not power your house. They sell power to the grid and you get a credit. Then we you use power, it is taken from your credit.
That concept, can be really frustrating to the owner who puts in a solar system. And it was the one thing that sound like Sunlux not explain in the beginning
- Sunlux installed my system in the middle of last year, and have been online since last October. Decided to go with a roof mounted system, and so far we are very pleased with the results. I appreciate how Sunlux has a very strong customer service team that is proactive to check on how things are going or answer any questions. The new software update is great! I like how the continue to update the main software. great company!Lazaro F. 6/10/2019
- I am updating this review because someone high up at Sunlux listened... I mean he really listened, and he made it right. Isn't that what we all want at the end of the day? So, after a miserable and drawn out installation process we were contacted by a true representative of Sunlux who made sure everything was fixed, compensated us for what happened, and made sure that we knew that he would be with us through the life of our solar. That is a 25 year relationship. I'm so pleased to know we now have support. I am confident that our system will be maintained and that we will be listened to from here on out. Thank you, Mike! You've totally redeemed this process!Valerie G. 8/17/2021
- First, let me say that my experience with Sunlux was a good one. The agent that first met with me was very pleasant and knowledgeable and put a great system together for what my solar power system. The technicians that came to install the system were also very professional and courteous. After that, there is some patience that you will have to have with getting the system up and running. From Sunlux dealing with the Gas Company, DWP, and the city inspectors, it can get to be time consuming, but they keep you abreast to what� � � ¢� � � � � � � � s going on. Garrett in the main office was very helpful all the way through the process. Overall I� � � ¢� � � � � � � � m very happy with my choice of Sunlux and I� � � ¢� � � � � � � � m looking forward to saving money on my power bills by generating solar energy.Thomas C. 5/22/2019
- Once I talked to the person at SunLux, it was the only way we wanted to go and we moved ahead with them. They are working on the permit. They also had to do the architectural review with our HOA. We're done with that. Our original guy that sold us the panels came up with a design that I liked. But they haven't been able to do that for some reason at SunLux. Once it went to the engineers, they gave me a different setup. The person from SunLux wanted me to DocuSign the layout but it seemed different to me than we had originally talked about, so I sent it back to her, and she sent it back to me to mark up what I was expecting. So, we have been going back and forth to try to get the layout to where I like it or it's more similar to what our person who sold us the solar showed us.Karen 11/26/2021
- Our servers were shutting down all the time, and so we were losing a lot of data every time they shut down. One of the solutions was to get solar and we were already looking into solar, so it kind of worked out. SunLux was a recommendation. Their representatives were very responsive. Installation took less than a week, but it was pretty smooth. The cost of the service is fairly competitive. Go for SunLux.Takashi 6/30/2021
- My name is Sung W* from Rancho Cuamonga, CA. I shopped for Solar with 5 Solar companies and decided to go with Sunlux. Their prices were the best among all I looked. My experience with Sunlux was very pleasant from start to finish. My sales rep, Ralph F*** has been very positive all the way. He is knowledgeable and was very prompt with communication every time I had a question. I never felt pushed in getting solar. The project managers Sarah and Karissa were also very friendly and helpful. They would always be on top of everything when I had questions or concerns. Every step in the installation process was scheduled very quickly. It only took the installers 3-4 hours to put my solar system. The installers were efficient and respectful. I am very satisfied with my solar installation and would definitely recommend Sunlux to my anyone who is looking to get solar.Please ask for Ralph F*** I highly recommend him.Sung W. 6/18/2019
- Wanted to share my experience with Sunlux.. These guys are fantastic! I met with 4 other Solar companies and finally chose these guys. Not only did they install 30 Solar panels, but they also built us a covered patio to put them on. Eveything came out great, all of the staff and I dealt with were friendly and professional. Their follow up after the install has been great, and their prices are very competitive as well. Thanks Ben C*****, Guillermo, Aaron and the rest of the Sunlux team for a wonderful experience. Can't wait to see my SCE bill in the coming months!Alfred T. 2/18/2019
- Hi my nameHumbertoHumberto A. 7/16/2018
I have Sunlux Solar panels I am so glad and happy , I did the right thing . I believe I did the right thing for Family. I could not refuse the offer I checked with other solar panel companies specially Costco .I didn't like their offers I was looking for workmanship and quality solar panels you cannot go wrong with SunLux Solar panels , The technicians workers did a great job. Sales representative for Sunlux his name is Ralph his personality and experience convinced me he is always there if you have questions and concerns about your solar panels he responds very properly on time whenever you call.
- I evaluated a few other vendors and the bottom line that came up was the pricing for the same product. Even though SunLux was 15% higher, based on the customer feedback, it looked like their system had more pros than cons. Their reps were very eager to keep all the work on schedule and when there was an inspection issue, they tried to get it resolved ASAP. But after everything was installed, it sounded like when I sent them some email, there was a lag on their response. Or maybe that was because the equipment is LG and they don't know the LG product too much.Other than that, the system looks pretty good from the outside and I'm happy with what I got. We're in Southern California, so we have most of the sunny day and I can really generate more electricity than what I consume. That's the goal and I don't care about how much I make from the solar. We are not abusing the electricity, but now, there’s less concern about using the electricity. I have 13 panels for about five kilowatts and even though that sounds less, the new product has high efficiency of generating the power. It's for a 22-square foot house and that's enough for me.Jung 6/10/2021
- Extremely happy with the entire process! We did a lot of research and received numerous proposals. I am very glad I went with Sunlux! Every single person I came in contact with was courteous, knowledgeable and professional. We also had Sunlux repair our roof prior to installing the solar panels. We knew it needed fixing and they gave us a great price. Other companies had tried to talk us into a whole new roof, which was completely unnecessary! We worked with Chris Adams, he is fantastic. Give him a call if you are considering going solar, you won't regret it! The installation was clean and efficient from start to finish and the crew was very respectful of my home and the fact that I was working out of my house while they were here. Highly recommend Sunlux!Heather C. 8/26/2019
- The enrollment experience with SunLux has been quite good. They seem very organized and thorough. The rep answered all my questions and the engineer who came out clearly knew exactly what he was doing. So, I've been impressed with their expertise. It was excellent dealing with them. They stay in touch and I don't go long spells without getting an update with them. They are very prompt at keeping me informed about what's going on. We're still getting into the engineering phase and probably in about a week, we're going to start going after permits.Larry 6/18/2022
- Highly recommended, especially if you think you got roofing issues.Simon L. 6/23/2020
I'm glad I didn't give up on my solar project because I almost did. Back in 2019, I was ready to move ahead with the project and went to energysage.com get quotes. I've had over 10 quotes and I actually even signed up with another installer at the time (not SunLux) and started the project. Then shortly after the project started I was told they discovered my roof had issues so the project was cancelled. I cancelled in part 1) the installer didn't do roofing and I didn't want to deal with multiple contractors and 2) the unexpected cost in the project.
And apparently, the installer wasn't too excited about either, it seem. I guess most installers out there just want the easy installs but that's not the real world out there.
I all but had given up. Then 6 months later I decided I give it another try and recalled Sunlux had given me a quote prior but never followed up on it. Explained my situation to Tracy, my Sunlux consultant and he said my roof issue can be handled by Sunlux. He was very responsive to my needs, customized a system that I want and even had a great suggestion on the panel placement. How it looks is as important as the power for me. All that within my budget.
So with contract signed, this is typically where most solar project fall apart (right?) and this is what I heard from my neighbors with their solar project from a different installer.
Nope, not with Sunlux. The project moved quickly and it stayed that way. I got coordinated with the project manager Jennifer and she made sure all my concerns were addressed. Even with Covid, the project took no more than 3 months and the bulk of the wait is with permitting. It only took 2 days for roofing and other 2 days for the panel install.
Very happy with the overall install experience, pricing, and service. On top of it, I had only had to deal with one contractor for both solar and roofing. Highly recommended!
- I met their rep Mark through Zoom. He was very knowledgeable and patient. It was a good experience working with him. We met him a second time to answer any questions. He had infographics that explained things further. He covered what the cost would be and the percentage rate, all on the phone. Then I was assigned a project manager who took care of handling the signing of the documents. They went through our bill to go over how many panels we would need based on our usage. We had a really good experience so far. We haven't seen the finished product yet but we felt very comfortable after meeting with Mark.Susana 3/09/2023
- I worked with Mark and didn't get the best impression of him at first. He talks a lot, and I’m more "get to the point". He was persistent and kept matching with other offers I was receiving. We signed with someone else but he didn’t give up. Eventually, he gained my trust. We have a set date for the installation but I have a concern right now. We don’t have the second payment and there’s a late fee for it. Right now, we’re trying to get a HELOC but they're delaying it. I’m concerned if they will commit to the late fee, or will they give us a grace period to get this resolved. Things have changed with COVID and they're not as accommodating to us. We need to sign papers and they're about an hour away. We're gonna see if they'll wait later for us to sign after we get off work. They are not willing to send somebody to us. The guy took Thursday off, and I don't think he was willing to let somebody else handle it. He’s putting us in a really tight bind. We have to sign by Friday in order to meet that deadline. But we've been in contact with someone from Texas and there have been a lot of long pauses, but when a deadline needs to be hit, she’s on it. I have my mom’s house next. Assuming this goes down well, we’ll be doing it again with SunLux.Carlos 12/01/2021
- Sunlux is super professional. They installed our solar within 2 days of the approved permit. Our Project Manager Erika Garcia is super efficient and responsible. I had an issue with the power on Friday night after the installation and sent her an email at 12:17 AM midnight. The tech shows up at my door the next morning at 8AM. When I saw the tech, I am speechless with their service. Jerry Hong is my sales representative, very knowledgeable about the solar, and usually, reply to my text in a minute. He even helps me take some pictures of the solar panel with his drone. I would like to give them 6 stars! I never have this kind's positive experience with any construction projects.Steve W. 7/14/2020
- SunLux is growing into Northern California. I was a bit skeptical about doing business with a company still based in Southern California, but they sent a crew up to do a site inspection and a crew to do the installation. When the installation was inspected, the city inspector complimented then on the job they did Frank, the crew lead was great at keeping us informed throughout the installation process and his team, Art and Eder were neat. Lorena, the project manager was very good about communicating about the design process, permitting, and everything happening behind the scenes.Lar B. 9/05/2018
I can recommend them without reservation.
- We talked with a couple of companies. There was a company where we started to move towards the design phase but the design really did not accommodate our home. We have a Spanish-style home and part of it has a flat roof. Another part is tiled out roofing with classic clay tiles. We wanted to make sure that the investment was going to yield the savings we were seeking. If they were putting in solar and there was not enough solar panels to offset the cost of paying the utility company, it didn't make any sense. They didn't seem to have an alternative. Also, there wasn't any consistency in contact with the customer service so we decided to hold off on that.We called a local radio host. He's a designer and does construction of homes in California. He has lots of great tips. I said, "Surely, there has to be these panels that have evolved to be smaller, but more powerful." Technology is evolving at least every three years, if not yearly. He recommended SunLux and they're an advertiser. I liked his advice and gave SunLux a call. The engineer or the tech expert walked us through the different products and what decisions we needed to make. We are under the pandemic and it was very easy to show some of the options for us. They had a picture of our house so we could see where the panels might go on our roofing.From there, they had a financing option that worked really well for us. Every step of the way, the management of the project was well done. There was someone we could contact to help us to be ready for each stage. Everyone was courteous and very professional. That coordinator, Erica, made such a difference in keeping us apprised of what was going on. There was the ease of the financing. They gave us some options of a Tesla battery at the time. There was also LG and the products they offered were state of the art, which was what we were looking for. We had to make some modifications to the solar panels but SunLux was able to put all the solar panels on our roofing. The modification required them to have some of the panels that would come right at the edge of the roof. We were concerned about that because the way they put those panels in, you walk to our house and you cannot see those panels. I see some people around my neighborhood who have gotten solar panels and when you walk to their house, there are these hideous panels that are right at the front door. It disrupts the aesthetic of the home. SunLux was able to make the adjustment and they did not have to do a hanging. They were able to work with the roof and reconfigure things. It's lovely. We retained the style of our Spanish home. The architectural integrity was important to us. And in handling all the permits, we really put ourselves in SunLux's hands and they competently accomplished each step. We are very happy with SunLux and really glad to recommend them. They're topflight and they live up to their reputation.When making a purchase of solar panels, you want to have the right company to know what you want and know how the company manages the process. Their communications and their customer support are absolutely key to guide you through the process. There's a permitting process but how does the company handle it? How professional and courteous are they in communications with you frequently so you know every step of the way? This is the process that SunLux used and gave us confidence.Peggy 3/23/2021
- When I talked to the SunLux representative, he was very informative. He talked to me to get me exactly what I was looking for. So, it really worked out. Because of COVID, a lot of our interactions were mostly over the phone and emailing back and forth, but he was very quick to respond to me. He covered a lot of good options, and I was able to make a good decision with the options he gave me. Unfortunately, it's not a smooth process for anybody. I don't think any company would have done better. Any delays and stuff that we had were really from our city. It wasn't really from SunLux themselves. They did really good.We went with 16 panels. From talking to my agent, we looked at what I used the prior year. Then, he gave me a recommendation. From there, I gave him my input. We decided that 16 was going to be adequate for my house. The panels were just turned on like halfway through the cycle. I noticed that I am taking in a lot of energy from the sun because I monitor it through my LG app. But I haven't really seen a bill with it in full effect for the whole month. So, from what I've seen right now, it's right on track to pretty much close to get me to almost no energy consumption from the grid. It's doing what I wanted it to do. So, so far, I'm pretty happy with it. The only little thing was when the installers came, I didn't like the way something was done and I asked them to fix it. They said, “Oh, it’s not going to be an issue. Don't worry about it.” I felt like, “I'm the owner. I'm the guy. I just want you to tweak this to the left a little bit. Just tweak it to the left a little bit.” It wasn't anything emergent. It was just a conduit connection to one of the panels. My concern was that it was a little bit crooked and they didn't have a good seal. He checked it. He said it had a good seal. But I just felt like it was petty. I just felt like if I was the tech, I would have been like, “You know what? If you want to straight, I'll put it straight. You're the guy.” They left it like that. I haven't had any issues with it but I keep my eye on it. Other than that, I do recommend SunLux. My neighbors have been asking, so I've been giving them their number. I need to put them in my referral since I can get credits.Carlos 6/15/2021
- Sunlux was the most thorough. They were not the most affordable, but their honesty combined with their pricing was the best. The person that did our intake and walked us through the interview was the most honest. He is a salesperson, but he didn't act like one. The installation is supposed to happen in October, but we had a little hiccup with our project so we are probably going to push it out a little bit further. They work with what we thought was a lender, but they're a broker for the loan. The lender that they work with is no longer offering that loan. We're back at the application process.Karina 9/04/2022
- I saw some advertising for SunLux over KFI and I trust those guys. I also heard Bill Handel talking about it for a long time, so I decided to give it a shot. Their team was good. I dealt with Adam for a while, then he passed me on to Jennifer. She followed through with all the steps from the planning to when they came out to assess the roof structurally and through DWP. It was nice and I enjoyed everything about it. Aside from that, the installation was very quick. It was done within two days since they had to change one of the patterns and they had to reroute the power lines for something. The system was hooked up on June 10th and was generating power from day one when SunLux left, but DWP didn't officially hook it up until about a month later. All in all, I'm happy with my system.Gregg 2/18/2021
- Sunlux had the slightly smaller panels that are more conducive, so I went with them. I liked the rep's level of communication. But the biggest thing for me is the supply chain issues hampered their ability to just stick with a specific vendor for their panels. When I first engaged, they talked about using LG panels, then about using Panasonic. Towards the end, they were, "I'm not sure if we're gonna be able to use the Panasonic. We may have to switch to Tesla." At which time I said, "I can't use the Tesla because I won't get a comparable sized system." They said that they would make available the Panasonics. So managing their supply chain for the consistent product delivery would be the area that I would improve the most. Other than that, I would not hesitate to recommend Sunlux to a friend. But I would warn him that supply chain issues are impacting their ability to do certain layouts.Mitch 3/31/2022
- I am so happy with my Sunlux experience! After going through the process I would definitely choose them again without hesitation. I initially reached out to Tesla Solar, which seemed great at first. We had a good initial meeting, the proposal looked good, and the gentleman that did my inspection was so nice. Then everything went sideways. After my inspection the initial estimate went up $8,500 for additional costs. I called my local utility company to verify what Tesla Solar was telling me was needed. My utility company sent someone to my house to inspect and verified it was not needed. Suddenly, I had a hard time getting a hold of my Project Manager at Tesla and the engineers could not agree on the requirements. Every few weeks they would just send me an email asking if I had signed the documents yet. They didn’t want to discuss what the utility company said. That is when I called other companies, including Sunlux. My sales contact, Rob M*******, worked with me and answered all of my questions. After reviewing the proposals, I researched the equipment on each proposal. The pricing was all competitive, but the equipment Sunlux quoted was far superior and the reviews were great. That is when I signed with Sunlux. Everyone I talked to, emailed, or that came to our house was friendly, professional, and overly polite. From my Project Manager, Emma S******, to the techs sent to our house for installation and inspections, everyone was knowledgeable and amazing. Emma kept me informed every step of the way and I did my part by emailing or calling when I had questions. Every email or call was responded to quickly. If someone did not know the answer to my question, they would have someone call me with the answer right away. Every inspection was passed easily. They submitted everything for me and made the whole process seamless. My solar system was turned on today and I am excited to see the kW it started producing right away. I will be referring everyone to Sunlux!PAGE M. 7/30/2019
- 4/18/2020 Solar for my house. When purchasing Solar I interviewed about 8 solar companies and I hired Sunlux because of there consistent quality of work. These guys would call the night before coming out and tell me that they we're coming out in the morning to start the work of installing solar on my house. They showed up right on time, work hard until dusk, never took short cuts and always keep me informed of what they were doing on any given day. When the city inspector came out I met with him as well and he confirmed what I already new. He said, I see a bunch of Solar companies today installing solar on peoples houses, but these guys do it right every single time and they never take shortcuts. Sunlux is the best and they back up their work with a 30 year warranty bumber to bumber, if anything goes wrong. I will refer them business all day long, Jonjon w. 4/18/2020
- I had an issue with our solar panel not producing any electricity so I called and left message for Garrett from Sunlux. Not only did he call me back the same day, but he basically diagnose the problem over the phone and sent someone from Sunlux to come to my house the next business day to confirm diagnosis that we had a bad inverter. A few hours later that day Garret called not only to schedule an install of the new inverter, but to my surprise he also said that because we were having problems with pigeons living under the solar panels that he would install critter guard to prevent the pigeons from going underneath the panels for no charge.Robert N. 10/28/2019
I would highly recommend Sunlux for their professionalism as well as their great customer service.
- I looked at a few companies and then decided on SunLux. They had a local office somewhere close by, so they were closer. They are also a smaller company compared to others and price-wise, it was not bad. The person I talked to initially, when they did the sales call, was an older gentleman and he was good. He was an engineer. I had good discussion with him. When I had some issues, I went back to him and he was able to sort it out.They had too many changes at the project management level that led to some confusion initially. I was talking to one person then a couple of weeks later, he left and somebody else took over. There were some transition issues. Other than that, the experience was good overall. Solar in general is a good option now because of all the rebates and it's working out well, so far, about a month now. I would really recommend to go solar and SunLux is one of the good choices.Suraj 3/20/2021
- My parents have solar on their house and they’ve had it for 30 years now. They've known all the benefits. When me and my wife got our home, we wanted to go ahead and put solar on it as well and we found out about SunLux. There was another neighbor in our community who had solar as well and he worked with SunLux. He highly recommended them. So, we went ahead and got a call from SunLux and that worked out. The enrollment process was quick. It took about a week because we were adamant to get started. The installation and everything was fine. It was afterwards, through the inspections that had to be done, there was a little bit of miscommunication. But nothing too bad. It just delayed things by a week or so because they didn't seem to be on the same page together. In going solar, the benefit is almost immediate and we see it’s producing. The bill went down and everything seems to be working.Dan 2/19/2021
- The customer service with SunLux Energy is outstanding. They're constantly on top of everything. They kept me apprised of every step that was being taken. My project manager, Berlin, was fantastic. What's shocking was that they buy the panels from a distributor and they don't tell you what it is. Once we were into the project, I got a certified letter stating that if SunLux doesn't pay their bill, I'm getting a $14,000 lien put on my house. It never happened because they did pay it but I was very aggressive at first with these people thinking I didn't do business with them. I didn't sign any contracts with them. After doing a lot of internet research and so forth, I learned that this does happen if companies go belly up. Even though I didn't make any business with the provider of the solar panels, they have a right to put a lien on the property for their merchandise. SunLux provided me the document saying that it was paid in full then they forwarded it directly to the company and I didn't have to do anything further. But it is kind of scary when you're in a contract with a company like this and you get this in the mail, and they don't tell you that this is gonna happen.The guys that came over were very professional but it took about two months until I went to full production because half my panels were wired incorrectly. They came out once and tried but couldn't figure it out. We had to set another appointment for about three weeks out. Then they sent a crew of two guys. They spent all day and finally found the problem. There was reverse polarity on one of the panels. Having SunLux, I'm saving a lot of money. My payments for the solar panels might pay the rest of my life for these things but for me, my payments are $170 a month. My average electric and water bill every two months was between 1,100 and 1,600 for a family of three and a swimming pool. The electric portion of it was between 600 and 800. I got air conditioning last year and my bill probably would have been about 1,700 just for electric. Now that we have the solar panels, the most I've paid for electric so far has been $65. It's definitely paying off for me.Al 2/12/2021
- We had a Zoom meeting with Sunlux and they were very knowledgeable. They seemed to be upfront about options and reviewed our electric bills and came up with a few different solutions for us. Our agent was Gary and he seemed to be very knowledgeable. He never stuttered or couldn't answer a question. He presented himself as knowing his job. Email seemed to be the best form of communication. I received answers every time I sent an email. They sent me back either a follow-up or an answer to my question. The gentleman that did the site audit physically came out here and took pictures and measured. He explained what he was doing before he did it. He explained that he was done and what was left to do. So I was really happy with the field person. I've been happy with everybody I've had contact with. Their information packet was extensive and thorough. If there was another website that I needed to go to, it was all in that packet.Lorie 10/19/2022
- We just signed up with the project and it has yet to commence. But everybody has been cooperative and has been giving me information because everything is new for me. I'm not that knowledgeable in solar or roofing or contracting so they are helping me throughout. Bonnie is our project manager and Gary, who was my initial contact, is the salesperson and engineer. He has been giving me guidance. So, it’s been good. I will recommend others to at least explore the possibility of going with Sunlux and they can make their own calculated decision and look at all the options. And so far, my experience has been wonderful, so I have nothing but praise for Sunlux.Kishor 4/21/2022
- Our experience with Sunlux was great from the time we signed the contract with the sales rep. thru the completion of the installation. A couple of weeks delayed with the install due to the rain, but that was out of anyone's control. Aside from that, everything went fairly smooth. Customer service was courteous and responsive. We'd definitely recommend Sunlux!Serei C. 4/01/2019
- SunLux came highly recommended as an outstanding company for our solar needs, and they did not disappoint us! We wanted to add a battery backup unit to our existing solar system to prepare for power outages and emergencies. After doing our research and contacting a few solar companies we choose SunLux. They presented the most comprehensive plan, worked with us to make sure they met our needs and have a wonderful professional staff that made the entire process seamless. They made the installation a smooth experience, from securing permits and dealing with SCE for connection to the grid, it couldn� t have been a better experience. The installers were professional, neat and experienced and had the system installed in a day. The few places they had to chip or cut away stucco were patched, repaired and blended in perfectly. SunLux facilitated our new battery backup system into our SolarEdge online monitoring account so we can monitor our entire system from anyplace. We highly recommend SunLux for any of your solar needs!Stacie K. 10/24/2019
- I have SunLux install my system about half a year ago.Sean M. 9/01/2022
Initially, it took us some time to get going due to the city's delays, no fault to SunLux. After we got started, there was an issue with a fuse and they came back to fix it.
The sales team was nice and did not pressure us at all. They gave us a fair price, and provided us with great service.
After about 6 months, we had some issues with an older existing meter. This was for our old solar system. Sunlux came out and helped us diagnose and fix the problem.
Their tech team was professional, prompt, and efficient.
We have been saving a lot of money on our electrical bill, and we've been quite happy with their system and extremely appreciative of their service.
- I spend several months researching and getting quotes from multiple solar contractors. Let me tell you it was a big learning experience. At the end I decided to go with Sunlux. They give me the best price and best guarantee than the other three solar companies for the system I was looking for.. They really took care of me and made the most effort to earn my business. Another key factor was their customer reviews. The process was smooth and very professional. Their installers where also very professional and pay attention to detail, taking my input and answering any questions I had. I’m so glad I went with Sunlux.MOISES R. 11/07/2019
- We did a virtual visit and the sales rep explained all the benefits of going solar, and how much money I'll be saving in the long run with going solar. He also mentioned the impact on the planet and renewable energy. He was very informative. He answered all my questions. I was very happy with the sales rep that I dealt with. There was some delays with the installation due to COVID and that was understandable. SunLux Energy was always on point as far as informing me of where we were with the installation process, and with the gathering of permits from the City and from my HOA. The installation crew was great. They came in and explained everything they were going to do. We hardly even heard or saw them because they got in, they did what they had to do, and then they got out. They cleaned up after themselves. The cost of the service was very reasonable. I've got my first electric bill and I'm seeing savings already. From start to finish, it was an awesome experience. SunLux was very professional and informative. They laid out everything for me. Everything that I heard on the radio was spot-on.Johnny 4/01/2021
- Sunlux has been very diligent. Everything is transparent. They've tried to accommodate a lot of the questions and concerns that I've had. They don't promise everything, but they provide you with the details. The gentleman who explained the details to me had a very detailed presentation. It took a lot of time but it explained a lot of things. I'm still in the middle of trying to finalize how we're gonna be approaching the project. We're making sure that the roof is able to handle that added load and that we don't have to remove the panels 5, 10 years from now to fix leaks.James 5/26/2022
- SunLux was great. Were there issues with the install? Yes. Is it normal to have a hiccup here and there? Yes. What made it great though was the communication by the office and the installers. They were all very professional and courteous. Even when the city no show canceled on their second reschedule for inspection SunLux did everything they could to get me back on the inspectors’ schedule. I have already recommended them to five friends that are looking to have solar installed. Thank you for being professional, communicating, and accommodating.Nicholas T. 1/16/2019
- SunLux didn’t take that long with the installation. It only took about three days, though it took a little longer to go live. But it seemed like they did as good as they probably could working with Edison. Also, supposedly, I've been producing energy since the middle of May but so far, my Edison bill hasn't reflected it that much. They said it takes up to 90 days sometimes before they start giving your credit back. But it seemed like my consumption went down because I was producing power during the day.John 9/29/2021
- I have considered solar installation for some time now. After making the decision to move forward with solar, I invited 5 solar companies to provide me quotes. Of the 5 companies, only 2 provided full service (roofing work) including the changing of high profile vents to low-profile vents and relocation of vent pipes in order to not have sporadic placement of solar panels. I was interested in uniform placement of the panels without large gaps to skip over vents or vent pipes. The sales rep, Chris was very knowledgeable. He made every effort to answer my questions. Like many other customers, I had many questions and specifics to discuss after our initial meeting. Chris made every effort to call me back and answered all my questions (sometimes even in the late evening because he did want a day to go by without calling me back). Once the documents were signed and the project was underway, the project was handled by the project manager Danielle. Like Chris, Danielle was very responsive. She kept me informed at every step of the project. She ensured I was aware and understood of all the details involved with the particular step in the process we were in. In fact, Danielle even called me to congratulate me when Southern California Edison granted my Permission To Operate. The installers were all very prompt and courteous. Due to rain, the installers had to stop working and gave me what sounded like a heart felt apology for having to stop working. Imagine that, it goes to show the level of commitment and pride in their work. From beginning to end, employees of Sunlux have demonstrated their diligence and commitment to their customers. In turn, Sunlux shines as the solar installer of choice. With employees like Chris, Danielle, and the installation team, I would recommend Sunlux to anyone!JOE M. 3/19/2020
- I got my solar installed last July by Sunlux. I have done tons of research before I went with them. I am so happy I did. Everyone in their team has customer's first mentality. I can't stress how professional in every step of the way. Even after the system has installed, they still treat you like VIP. I will recommend Sunlux to anyone who wants solar panels for their homes. They are on par with AMAZON in terms of service and quality.Johnny Hong 1/05/2021
- I wanted to be as independent of the electrical grid as I could be. I had done part of the house with solar and I had a Tesla battery. But I realized that I was generating about half the power I needed to offset my power bill. So, I called SunLux and had them come to double what I already had. And that brought me to net zero on my electric bill. In fact, Edison sent me a check last year, so I appreciated that.Aside from that, I had concerns with the company that I had used before with the quality of their workmanship, but SunLux stressed that their workmanship would be excellent, and it was. They said that they would run the cables through the attic and not over the top of the roof, which made it more pleasant to the eye, so I was very happy. They also tied my Tesla battery into the system so that I've got the two solar systems and the Tesla battery all connected together.I started the process with SunLux a year ago and they got the installation done beautifully. But it took a long time to get the permission to operate, so I kept calling them to ask what was holding it up. They said that it was Edison that was holding it up, so it took a couple of months after the installation before I could turn the system on. Other than that, I love the solar system that I've got. Plus I drive a plug-in hybrid car, so my car basically runs on sunlight. I charge it in my garage overnight and I drive it to work, then I can plug it in where I work to drive home. So, if I've decided to work at home, I don't ever have to buy any gasoline.Dave 2/20/2021
- I'm in the planning phase and the process seems smooth, moving along the spectrum and headed towards the ultimate end of install. The communication with this company has been good. I liked the fact that with SunLux, they got accreditation through the Better Business Bureau and their ratings are good.David 10/02/2021
- We have had our solar with Sunlux for 8 months now. We are extremely happy with the solar production and customer service. Everybody I've talked to has been very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. Solar is a huge investment and I feel good knowing that Sunlux will be there for us for the long haul.Crissy B. 6/19/2020
- I kept on going back and forth and wavering if it was something I wanted to spend that much money on, if I wanted to come out of pocket and pay for it or if I just wanted to finance it. Finally, I thought of financing it, and once I made my decision, everything after that went fast. The people did a good job with the installation. One of the screens was broken so they had to replace that. There was one decision they had where they thought they could move a couple panels, wasn't in the right place, so they called and got the approval through their people and then me about it. I told them if they figure it will be better in this location then that's fine so they moved everything and set it up really quickly.From the beginning, know how many panels you really need. I expressed that to the guy I was working with. When I looked at everything, it seemed like the amount of panels I got is what I really need, so he developed the system perfectly, above and beyond what I thought. When I look at the charts, I'm producing 33% more than the average people. Once summer hits, I’ll produce a lot more.Timothy 5/14/2021
- I have considered solar installation for some time now. After making the decision to move forward with solar, I invited 5 solar companies to provide me quotes. Of the 5 companies, only 2 provided full service (roofing work) including the changing of high profile vents to low-profile vents and relocation of vent pipes in order to not have sporadic placement of solar panels. I was interested in uniform placement of the panels without large gaps to skip over vents or vent pipes. The sales rep, Chris was very knowledgeable. He made every effort to answer my questions. Like many other customers, I had many questions and specifics to discuss after our initial meeting. Chris made every effort to call me back and answered all my questions (sometimes even in the late evening because he did want a day to go by without calling me back). Once the documents were signed and the project was underway, the project was handled by the project manager Danielle. Like Chris, Danielle was very responsive. She kept me informed at every step of the project. She ensured I was aware and understood of all the details involved with the particular step in the process we were in. In fact, Danielle even called me to congratulate me when Southern California Edison granted my Permission To Operate. The installers were all very prompt and courteous. Due to rain, the installers had to stop working and gave me what sounded like a heart felt apology for having to stop working. Imagine that, it goes to show the level of commitment and pride in their work. From beginning to end, employees of Sunlux have demonstrated their diligence and commitment to their customers. In turn, Sunlux shines as the solar installer of choice. With employees like Chris, Danielle, and the installation team, I would recommend Sunlux to anyone!J M. 3/19/2020
- So far, SunLux has been great. They were competitive with price. They weren't the cheapest company that I went with, but I'm hoping I’m getting what I'm paying for. So far, it feels like it. They provided various financing options, and they were transparent about it. They said, “We have these companies. There's like 10 or more. You can pick whatever makes the most sense for you based on APR or anything like that.”Don was the engineer that talked to me directly, and he was very informed about the industry. In fact, I chose SunLux because he gave me a little more technical information than some of the other agencies. He also made a point to recommend the specific LG panel that they have, which nobody else seems to carry. Instead of converting to DC power, it converts to AC power right at the panel. That was nice.I got 29 panels, and installation hasn't been completed yet. They're still going through the permitting process, but that's almost done. Erica is my project manager. She’s been really communicative and if she doesn't know the answer, she will find out. I see messages from her late and early, and I can tell she's working hard to keep all the plates spinning, which is not easy.Matthew 12/02/2021
- Our sales Rep Mark T******* was really nice and walked us through the entire process during our solar hunt. The rest of the team kept us updated on what was going on behind the scenes. We financed solar, and I was upset that I had to open an account with another bank. Going to have to put the foot work in later to close the act once our loan is paid off. The installation was seamless and the installers were friendly. Sarah C******* took care of everything with our HOA and SDGE. That saved me a lot of headache. Looking forward to saving some money with solar.Nicole M. 6/10/2018
- The rep had everything presented through a PowerPoint thing. He showed me everything on the computer like how I can either through the phone or the computer and track the panels if they are all functioning. I can track how much it’s doing a day. He said, “If you wanted to see individual panels, you can actually click on this and it will show you that everything’s working, or if something's not, what panel isn't.” For every question I had, he was able to walk me through it. It was pretty simple and I could trust him right away. It was a good experience. When I requested a few changes, the rep was able to help me with it right away. The only thing on my end is I haven't made the time to call in and try to get the system set up. While I was going through the process, I talked to my regional manager about SunLux and he ended up getting it too. Even though he started his process two weeks later, he got his a couple of days before I did. It’s no big deal though. He just got lucky in the timing.Carlos 2/17/2021
- I've had solar panels in the past, and there seemed to be a benefit, so in my newer home, I decided to do it. I did a lot of research on companies throughout the area and decided to go with SunLux after talking to a couple other companies. This was a purchase, which is a better idea than leasing it earlier in my other house. That’s a good deal all the way around. The person-in-charge of the SunLux company, Erica, kept me informed what was happening throughout the process as well. The only thing that ever held them back was waiting for the city to approve stuff, which is not their issue. Other than that, the whole process went smoothly. Installation was seamless too. It happened without me being there and it all went together well.Doug 3/03/2021
- The rep answered all my questions and was patient. It took us weeks back and forth because I wasn't tenacious on signing a contract. I reviewed the proposals, asked more questions and he supported the whole process. We're at the early stage of the project, getting approvals, and I'm comfortable with the decision I made. I evaluated two other companies and felt SunLux was the right choice for us. I would tell friends that it's definitely one of the companies they should evaluate before making a decision.Tim 1/01/2022
- Please do your solar system research homework. I spent almost 8 years researching and interviewing prospective solar installers and finally settled on Sunlux Energy Inc. My installation was one of the first to use both solar and battery systems. This install was tough going at first, however, Sunlux provided on-going support throughout the entire process. In fact, Sunlux continues to provide great support to this day. My first yearly bill indicated that SCE owed me. Wow! Now that's a smoking solar/battery system. Kudos to Sunlux Energy Inc.Anthony G. 2/08/2019
- We are producing clean energy!Mike I. 3/09/2021
When we decided to go solar, our most important decision was to go with a company that would stand behind their work, the products they installed, and provide unparalleled customer service. After researching many companies we decided to go with Sunlux, and we are glad we did.
We believe the true test of a company shows up when "hurdles" are thrown at them... Demands from solar panel manufacturers onto solar companies making solar panel sourcing difficult, to working with "demanding" city permitting and building & safety departments, and of course the whole Covid-19 issue that everyone has had to deal with. Through it all, Sulux had our back.
I can't speak for the city you live in, but I would say by far, working though our city's permitting and building & safety departments were the most challenging aspect of our project. Our city has the most nit-picky reviewers, which at times I believe that their goal is to reject, reject, and then reject again, solar plans, all while our contractor (Sunlux) is doing their best to provide corrections, updates, and information requested by our city's permitting departments. Sunlux hung in there, and got our system approved (which was no small feat!)
Once approved, it took about two months to get an installation date (the whole industry is currently being "pounded" with everyone trying to go solar to take advantage of the tax credit). Once we got our installation date, our system was installed in two days, then it was city inspected and passed 22 days later, then it was commissioned the following day, and we have been producing clean energy ever since!
From the system design and options selection process (thank you Jerry Hong) through coordination and oversite of our project (thank you Berlyn Yamas), Sunlux as a company kept us informed, responded to our city's numerous requests for design details and specifications, and kept us on track even through these "Covid times". All personnel that we contacted were safety conscious, respectful of our home and property, and most of all considerate. We would not hesitate to recommend Sulux to anyone considering a solar system, they are truly a standup company!
- So impressed!Laura G. 9/09/2018
We had been interested in going solar for a number of years and began researching solar panels and installation providers. I contacted several solar companies, including Sunlux, for information and estimates on our household solar needs.
When the Sunlux representative began going through the solar plan for our home we knew we'd finally found the right company. The representative was well prepared and had tailored 'the numbers' of our solar usage to our house and our actual energy needs. We didn't have to guess or try to estimate how many panels or the output or the impact on our long term energy budget. Everything was laid out - easy to understand and clearly presented. And the cost was competitive- less than other companies we had contacted. It was an easy decision to move forward!
And then, Sunlux handled EVERYTHING! They scheduled to evaluate our roofline, and worked with us on an aesthetically appealing panel configuration. They also applied for our solar rebate from the local energy company on our behalf. The installation crew was thorough and efficient and had our 24 panel system installed in a day and a half!
Sunlux then scheduled the city inspection and power company meter installation to finalize the project - we didn't have to a thing! And they kept us notified of each next step along the way.
The panels look amazing and operate wonderfully! Sunlux even sent us a link at the end of the installation to download an app to monitor the output of the panels in real time. We are very grateful that we found such a professional and organized company. We highly recommend this company to anyone who is considering solar! Sunlux made it extremely easy and we can't imagine the process would've been this smooth with any other company. Five stars!
- I liked that SunLux didn't keep pestering us. Sunrun kept calling every 15 minutes, and I actually had to block their number. SunLux was a little more professional and didn't treat me like just a big sale. They just called and then we set the appointment. We just had the inspector and we've kind of got everything going. The experience is very positive and feels more service-oriented.Shane 4/08/2022
- I got three quotes on solar and they were all over the place. They were all like $10,000 difference, $15,000 difference. I decided I didn't know enough to actually get solar yet because I didn't know what it should cost. I found a website and I was able to compare four different companies in terms of what inverter they use and what price per kilowatt. This website made it so easy to compare the four companies across the board and it made sure I was comparing apples to apples. SunLux had the best reviews and one of the better prices. Customer service was amazing and they exceeded my expectations on everything. We love our solar and I would love to share with people my experience with SunLux. They were beyond amazing. I had an inspection and I was out of town. I was trying to make it home so I could meet the inspector. SunLux had sent somebody out and he pretty much waited there for the inspector. I didn't have to deal with the inspector at all and made it so easy for me.Loni 7/07/2020
- I got three other quotes but it felt like SunLux was the best way to go. The rep was able to adjust to my scheduling conflict and come early. He was very knowledgeable. He told me what to expect, what would happen, and what the next steps would be. He got everything done in an hour. Also, my project manager has been awesome. She keeps me notified every day. She also emails me at least a couple of times a week saying, “Hey, this is where we're at. This is where we're going. This is what has to happen.” So, it has been great so far.Thomas 11/27/2021
- Don was my Sunlux rep and he was very knowledgeable, extremely helpful, and always available. I had the most wonderful experience working with him. He mentioned that he was an engineer by training and really had an answer for every question I had. I double-checked his work and it seemed to be spot on. At no point did I get the impression that he didn't know what he was talking about or he was just throwing numbers or concepts out there that he was not comfortable or content with. He was always very cordial and to the point. I haven't really committed to Sunlux yet. If they can be competitive in terms of the price they offer for my projects, then they have my business. If ultimately, I can get the same if not similar service for less money, then I have to go with that.Eaman 6/05/2022