southern california locations
Sunlux: an irvine solar panel installer
Save Money on Your Rising Electric Bills and Help the Environment by Going Solar in Southern California
Talk to our experts now
Get a free, no-pressure consultation and start saving in Irvine today!
go solar and save with one of the best irvine solar companies
SolarReviews.com rates us in the top 100!
Irvine, California is one of the best places on the planet to go solar! It's close neighbor, Los Angeles, leads the nation in total installed solar capacity, according to environmentalamerica.org. Start saving money by adding solar to your Irvine home this year.
What Sunlux solar customers say
Don't take our word for it. Read what our Southern California customers think about us.
- Our sales Rep Mark T******* was really nice and walked us through the entire process during our solar hunt. The rest of the team kept us updated on what was going on behind the scenes. We financed solar, and I was upset that I had to open an account with another bank. Going to have to put the foot work in later to close the act once our loan is paid off. The installation was seamless and the installers were friendly. Sarah C******* took care of everything with our HOA and SDGE. That saved me a lot of headache. Looking forward to saving some money with solar.Nicole M. 6/10/2018
- We have had our solar with Sunlux for 8 months now. We are extremely happy with the solar production and customer service. Everybody I've talked to has been very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. Solar is a huge investment and I feel good knowing that Sunlux will be there for us for the long haul.Crissy B. 6/19/2020
- I went through several solar companies comparing and contrasting which one would be the best suite for me based on the following; reviews, price, quality and longevity. SunLux was by far the best in their competitive price and being the only solar company to offer Panasonic panels. The process was smooth from the beginning to the end. I was was notified once a week to twice a week receiving up to date status regarding the installation, inspection and going live. Thank you, SunLux!Ernie A. 8/15/2018
- We have been completely satisfied with the quality of communication, service, and equipment provided by SunLux. We have been online for more than one year and the seamless transition was accomplished in the most professional manner at all levels. We definitely made the right decision in choosing SunLux to make the transition to solar. Bob S****** Valencia, CABob S. 1/07/2020
- SunLux Energy seems like they offer the best warranty. The agents were aggressive but in general, they were okay. However, the only thing they’ve done so far is to send a guy to fly a drone around my house and I don’t know what they’re doing. I realized they’re not local because they don’t have a local office but they do everything correctly and the way they handle things are professional.Dongwei 10/03/2021
- I cannot say enough good things about SunLux. From start to finish our project was seamless. Sunlux provided us with updates through the whole project. We always knew what was going on and what the next step would be. Everyone we met or came in contact with during the process from the sale to final inspection was AMAZING! I would recommend SunLux to anyone looking to install solar.Michelle P. 2/22/2019
- I have been pleased with SunLux. It just started to kick in and the bill is considerably lower. I had one issue with them. After they did the stucco work to my side of my house, they didn't match the paint very well and they didn't paint well. Whoever came out was very sloppy. I took some pictures and I sent the pictures to them. They came out the very next day and fixed it up. They were very quick to respond to an issue that I had with them.Bill 2/25/2021
- We took over 6 months deciding whether to go with solar and who to go with. We ended up with SunLux because of their warranties, everything is done in house and price. They were very patient with us while we made our decision. The installation went very smoothly. We are enjoying seeing a credit to our Edison bill.Sasha T. 6/28/2019
- Sunlux installed our system at the end of last year, and we have been online since January. We decided to go with a ground mounted system, and so far we are very pleased with the results. We decided to go with them after hearing their advertisements on the radio. We appreciate how Sunlux has a very strong customer service team that is proactive to check on how things are going or answer any questions.R O. 6/05/2019
- What stood out for me about SunLux was they also have a roofing company, which at the time, I needed to redo my roof. So, they gave me the package deal. The service seemed really well. I worked with Adam who was the lead manager on the project. He was amazing. I definitely recommend him. SunLux also has very reasonable pricing. They were also very honest and always responding back to calls. So we ended up doing two homes with them. What I appreciated about them was their response and due diligence to satisfy the customer. If I said, “Oh, kinda like this,” they were on it. We ended up financing the solar panels and it was really fair because the funds were released, and the partial, because of where they were with the process. Then the final payment was released from the lender when the project was finished based on my satisfaction. That was really well-done and I was very happy with that.Sermed 2/13/2021
- We went through multiple solar companies comparing which one would be the best fit for us based on reviews, price, quality. SunLux was by far the best in their competitive price and being the only solar company to offer production guarantees. The process was smooth from the beginning to the end. I was notified once a week with updates regarding the installation, inspection and going live. Thank you, SunLux!Marie B. 8/06/2021
- The staff and installers were very professional. The reason for 4.5 stars was due to the delay to add the protective netting. By the time the netting was installed (3 weeks later) the pigeons made a mess nesting under the panels. Although Sunlux took care of cleaning the panels, it could have been avoided if all the materials were ordered and onsite at the time the panels were installed. Not a deal breaker for me and I would recommend them to anyone!T C. 11/14/2017
- This is a very professional group of people. Everyone was responsive and helpful. The only problem, which wasn't their fault, was the time it took for the city inspector and the electric company to turn on the panels. I've only had the panels for a short time, but so far this has been a very pleasant experienceTherese B. 5/09/2019
- So far, it’s been great. I've given all the information and they came and did the inspection. Everyone I've talked to from SunLux has been phenomenally happy and helpful. That was another reason why I went with them. The other reason I chose them was I had three other quotes and they were the lowest. They’re also local in Southern California. I've heard them on the local radio and every time I heard them speak or talk to them, it’s always been pleasant.Jason 10/17/2021
- SunLux's reps were very helpful and always available. Anytime they didn't answer the phone, they called back pretty quickly. The installation of my panels was very easy. They went in in about a day. The only part that took a little while was getting them actually turned on but that was us waiting for the electric company to get their paperwork in order. SunLux did a good job and they're very professional, thorough, and prompt. The technology they have behind their sales rep to help give me a good idea of how efficient the panels are going to be was a very neat modeling software. It made me feel more confident about the information they're giving me. I'd recommend them if anyone asks me.Alex 2/15/2021
- SunLux did a great job. Everything went just as promised. They gave a quote saying how much energy would be produced. They picked solar panels that looked to be quality panels (LG). They provided the design, showing the actual house, and that got approval before we went in. It then went in just like they said they would. There was good communication all along the way. The people were also courteous, acted professional and the work looked to be done professionally as well. It's only been about 14 days since, so I haven't realized anything in a bill yet. Only partially last month, which was indeed lower. They've got a program that says how much you're generating and what your average use is. My average use for this month, according to Edison, is 50 kilowatts. I've been producing an average of 65 kilowatts, so we're producing more than what we're using for this time of year.Robert 3/19/2021
- I have a property in Mission Viejo and have a complicated 30 year clay tile roof. We contacted Sunlux, Sunpower, Sunrun and Tesla for solar panel quotes and Tesla for solar roof. Tesla took a couple of weeks to tell me that they will not install panels on clay tiles, designed an 11.4kw solar roof but placed 2.7 kw of active tiles on the north facing panes. I asked for a redesign 2 weeks ago and am still waiting. I don't think they can do it to be honest.P T. 2/16/2021
As far as solar panel quotes, Sunlux came out as the least expensive, the best system, the best warranty and will take care of replacing the underlayment for a very reasonable price so I don't have to call a separate roofer. Michael agreed to an upgrade from 2 layers of 30# felt to 2 layers of synthetic SBS-modified asphalt underlayment for the same price. Their system is based on state of the art high efficiency panels from LG with built-in microinverters so the 25 year manufacturer warranty includes the inverters (the most likely hardware to fail and only has a 10 year warranty from all the other installers). Unlike all the other installers, Sunlux offers a production guarantee of so many kwh/yr so they have a vested interest in monitoring the system output to watch for any failures or unexpected decrease in production. They also allow the customer to monitor system production down to the panel level so if any panel were to fail the installer and/or manufacturer warranty can be exercised. This is not possible with any system using string inverters such as Tesla.
Their roof leak warranty is 15 years instead of the industry standard 10 years. It's comforting to know although with 2 layers of SBS-modified asphalt underlayment I am not too worried.
Their customer service seems to be top notch from reading all the reviews on Yelp and Consumer Affairs. Their prices are very competitive. If you decide on Powerwall storage they will go the extra mile to apply for the SGIP program and get the state rebate for you. Highly recommended!
- Was very pleased that the owner reached out to help find a reasonable solution for both parties. Once the issue was explained, he made sure that the customer walked away happy and I think everyone wins with that in mind.Went with Sunlux to get a solar system to hook up an electric jacuzzi (that was a mistake right away, should not use electric to heat jacuzzi, not worth it at all, even with solar). I told the salesmen this was the purpose of installing solar, and he said great and led me down the path to obtain solar with Sunlux. My bill went through the roof once I started running my jacuzzi and after multiple attempts, no one at Sunlux is willing to help in anyway... they are literally in it just for the sale, don't waste your time and go with literally any other solar company!!! Also, if you are military, they don't offer any discounts, just FYI...Torry 5/11/2021
- The salesperson was really good. He was very instrumental with my choosing SunLux. I had some concerns but he was able to answer it. At the same time, I felt sincerity and authenticity from him. SunLux did their best to try to be the hub for everything but there are a lot of moving parts. There's SunLux and there's the financing. Then I'm in a unique situation where I also have an HOA. For my HOA, I had to fill out forms and it would have been great if SunLux did that for me. The city approved the project and SunLux took care of that part, which is great. Once HOA approves the project, we're going to schedule the installation.Michael 11/30/2021
- I highly recommend Sunlux! They are honest, responsive, and very customer focused. Couldn't ask for a better company to work with. If you appreciate a company who honors their commitments without any hassle this is the company to hire. No third party installers. Employees are knowledgeable, polite, and will exceed your expectations. You can count on Sunlux to make things rightMiguel C. 6/09/2022
- Going solar helps the environment stuff, but the main driving factor for me was the tax credit. I was gonna have to pay somebody $15,000 either the government or private company, and I chose to pay the private company. I went to several different companies and the industry-standard, in my opinion, is around $3.50 per kilowatt hour. SunLux quoted me $3.29 per kilowatt hour but in my search, I got somebody that was quoting me 2.75 per kilowatt hour. So when I went back to SunLux, I told them about it and their rep sent in the bid. They brought theirs down to 2.77.The consumer is at a clear disadvantage ‘cause they don’t know what goes into these systems. Once I got into it, I saw that the cost of the material was about $22,000 and there were a couple of days labor for the install. They had to do some running around to submit some stuff, so there was quite a bit of room in there for a profit margin. So, solar is a good thing but it’s a little bit overpriced no matter who’s doing it.I wanted the Panasonic panels and SunLux got me that. I had some company who tried to push me to a different panel and I said no. Also, there was some discussion between microinverters and traditional inverters with the optimizers that sit on panels. We went back and forth about that a little bit. They were pushing hard on the regular inverters with the optimizers and we got to the point where it wasn’t worth hassling about it anymore. The size of the traditional inverters has shrug down quite a bit from a few years back, so it’s not quite as unsightly and the system seems to operate fine.Lowell 4/02/2020
- I have my solar installed last year, and very happy with it, would refer to friends,and family, every thing go well,from start to finish the project,every one I met from the salesman to the final inspection are very nice,the most important is after installing the panels my Edison bill is so so cheap,my first bill was under $ 6, love it.Christine K. 2/28/2019
- Sunlux made the solar installation pretty easy and straightforward. The sales person, Jerry, came for a free estimate and quote (very professional and knowledgeable). He answered all our questions and even got us a few deals on the solar package. Installation took a few weeks for approvals from LADWP but installation of solar panels by sunlux was the highest quality and fastest ever (one day install). Throughout the buying process, the project manager, Berlyn was just the best! All the praise to her. She did all the hard work behind the scenes from approvals and scheduling to making sure we were satisfied from start to complete as well as informed us about everything. Thank you Berlyn! All in all- without a question this has been the best investment for our home. Don’t hesitate and really, give sunlux a try- you can thank me later. 🙂Emily S. 6/24/2020
- I liked that with Sunlux, there wasn't any pressure. If I had questions, I could reach out freely without feeling bad about asking a question. The rep, Gary, was relaxed and sounded like he knew his stuff. He was knowledgeable with the technology that we had available to do the presentation. We didn't have to sit there and wait for him to do things. He was comfortable with putting together the presentation while also being able to carry on a conversation. It was an easy conversation and an easy kind of route. The process of financing was quick. There was a discrepancy in the communication between them and Sungage between the years and dollar amount. I contacted Gary over Easter weekend and told him that there was a discrepancy between what they sent Sungage and what Sungage was having me sign. He got everything taken care of before dinnertime. He did well. I wish Sunlux was a little bit cheaper though.Stephen 5/06/2022
- We are producing clean energy!Mike I. 3/09/2021
When we decided to go solar, our most important decision was to go with a company that would stand behind their work, the products they installed, and provide unparalleled customer service. After researching many companies we decided to go with Sunlux, and we are glad we did.
We believe the true test of a company shows up when "hurdles" are thrown at them... Demands from solar panel manufacturers onto solar companies making solar panel sourcing difficult, to working with "demanding" city permitting and building & safety departments, and of course the whole Covid-19 issue that everyone has had to deal with. Through it all, Sulux had our back.
I can't speak for the city you live in, but I would say by far, working though our city's permitting and building & safety departments were the most challenging aspect of our project. Our city has the most nit-picky reviewers, which at times I believe that their goal is to reject, reject, and then reject again, solar plans, all while our contractor (Sunlux) is doing their best to provide corrections, updates, and information requested by our city's permitting departments. Sunlux hung in there, and got our system approved (which was no small feat!)
Once approved, it took about two months to get an installation date (the whole industry is currently being "pounded" with everyone trying to go solar to take advantage of the tax credit). Once we got our installation date, our system was installed in two days, then it was city inspected and passed 22 days later, then it was commissioned the following day, and we have been producing clean energy ever since!
From the system design and options selection process (thank you Jerry Hong) through coordination and oversite of our project (thank you Berlyn Yamas), Sunlux as a company kept us informed, responded to our city's numerous requests for design details and specifications, and kept us on track even through these "Covid times". All personnel that we contacted were safety conscious, respectful of our home and property, and most of all considerate. We would not hesitate to recommend Sulux to anyone considering a solar system, they are truly a standup company!
- I saw some advertising for SunLux over KFI and I trust those guys. I also heard Bill Handel talking about it for a long time, so I decided to give it a shot. Their team was good. I dealt with Adam for a while, then he passed me on to Jennifer. She followed through with all the steps from the planning to when they came out to assess the roof structurally and through DWP. It was nice and I enjoyed everything about it. Aside from that, the installation was very quick. It was done within two days since they had to change one of the patterns and they had to reroute the power lines for something. The system was hooked up on June 10th and was generating power from day one when SunLux left, but DWP didn't officially hook it up until about a month later. All in all, I'm happy with my system.Gregg 2/18/2021
- The entire process from initial contact to the final install and activation of the system was professional and done extremely well. Everyone we dealt with was courteous and helpful. All work was done very well and completed in one day. The panels look great. Super clean appearance with nothing showing on our roof except the panels. I definitely recommend SUNLUX.Arden S. 4/02/2018
- Our experience with Sunlux was great. Our initial consult with Tracy was scheduled promptly and I was seriously impressed with his level of knowledge and ability to answer all of my questions. The system was designed and sized exactly as I wanted and meets the needs of our current and expanding family. The install team was professional and courteous. I did have to monitor them a bit more than I had wanted to insure everything was done to my exacting standards but in the end it turned out great. It has been a month and the production is right on track. I am already saving money! It was a great experience from start to finish.Christoph P. 7/08/2019
- I'm waiting to find out some issue that has developed where I'm not being given much information so it's confusing. Other than that, the whole process has gone very well with SunLux. Even though the installation is done, Bonnie, the main person who was handling my inquiries, is very responsive if there's an additional issue. This falls outside of her purview at this time. There were some broken tiles but they were repaired and SunLux got everything up and running.Peter 6/11/2021
- We have had our solar with Sunlux for 8 months now. We are extremely happy with the solar production and customer service. Everybody I've talked to has been very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. Solar is a huge investment and I feel good knowing that Sunlux will be there for us for the long haul.Crissy 6/19/2020
- I liked Sunlux's warranty on the LG panels, the pricing, and the production guarantee. The rep was pretty good although he got a little impatient with us at the end because we had competing bids and we were interested in getting a fair deal. There were a few mistakes that were made on the contracts that they sent us that had to get revised. But for the most part, he seemed pretty informed. Our system hasn't been installed yet. There are a lot of people trying to install solar right now and so they anticipate that we're hoping that it will be installed by the end of the year. But they are staying in communication with us.Brian 11/02/2021
- We were supposed to get Solar from another provider, we signed everything but for more than 6 months, nothing happened. We then tried to contact Sunlux. The response time was fantastic. Our house was inspected within a week, a plan was set and within 3months, our system has been approved by the city and everything is done. I thought that was it. However, after a few months, I hear from them again to update me on their new monitoring system and explain to me how everything is going. They dont stop after you pay, they are there to support you even after everything. That to me is outstanding service.ALLAN J. 6/08/2019
- I was trying to get our energy costs lower because of early retirement. We had a gentleman from SunLux Energy come out and he did an excellent job. We liked his sales presentation so we decided to go with it. Every interaction that I had with every person that worked for the company from the salesperson all the way through the people that came out and did the inspection of our roof had to coordinate with my roofer to get the system in place and that went well. They were all professional. But I wished the process of getting the system in would've been a little bit faster from start to finish. Permits had to happen and there were a lot of different players came in. There was a lot of cooperation and everybody was professional. They didn’t leave my yard with a lot of rubbish or anything like that. So, I was quite satisfied with the way everybody conducted themselves.We put some money down and then we did the financing. There seemed to be enough options to accommodate us for what we needed. So, everything went well. For the first couple of months, everything seems to be really well. The system is producing enough energy and it’s accomplishing everything that has been promised to us. SunLux did a good install job. The system looks beautiful and it works. Overall, I’m very happy with the experience and I have referred a couple of people to SunLux.Rex 7/01/2020
- Sunlux has been great from the start of my exploration into solar to the install and support after. They were honest and upfront with charges, changes, schedules, etc. I got everything I was looking for in the build and the overall outcome of the install was perfect. After a year production was over what was projected so really great work overall by the Sunlux team.Nick T. 6/03/2020
- Highly Recommended. I'm glad I didn't give up on my solar project because I almost did. Back in 2019, I was ready to move ahead with the project and went to energysage.com get quotes. I've had over 10 quotes and I actually even signed up with another installer at the time (not SunLux) and started the project. Then shortly after the project started I was told they discovered my roof had issues so the project was cancelled. I cancelled in part 1) the installer didn't do roofing and I didn't want to deal with multiple contractors and 2) the unexpected cost in the project. And apparently, the installer wasn't too excited about either, it seem. I guess most installers out there just want the easy installs but that's not the real world out there. I all but had given up. Then 6 months later I decided I give it another try and recalled Sunlux had given me a quote prior but never follow on it. Explained my situation to Tracy, my Sunlux consultant and he said my roof is certainly not an issue. He was very responsive to my needs, customized a system that I want and even had a great suggestion on the panel placement. How it looks is as important as the power. So with contract signed, this is typically where most solar project fall apart (right?) and this is what I heard from my neighbors with their solar project from a different installer. Nope, not with Sunlux. The project moved quickly and it stayed that way. I got coordinated with the project manager Jennifer and she made sure all my concerns were addressed. Even with Covid, the project took no more than 3 months and the bulk of the wait is with permitting. Very happy with the overall install experience, pricing, and service. If you have a roof issue like mine I high recommend you give Sunlux a try. Highly recommended!Simon L. 6/24/2020
- We heard about Sunlux through a friend who used the company and specifically put us in touch with Chris. We called him and it was great. We liked how easy he explained everything really well to us. However, we had a little bump recently. My husband was home, and whoever came out to do the site audit didn't talk to my husband. In one of the emails that came through, I was a little confused because I wasn't sure exactly what the representative was asking us. I sent a clarifying email, then after that, the email that she sent back was a lot more clear. She was asking us about where we're gonna put the EVs. We're going back and forth now through email, trying to finalize where our EV outlets are gonna go. Nothing's been installed, but so far, Sunlux has been great. They're very responsive. If there’s anything, it's us on our end that has been lagging behind. There is a lag time in between when you’re communicating through email, and it’s hard. One time, my husband and I were like, “Well, did you answer?” “No, I thought you answered.” It took longer than we wanted it to go, but we try to respond quickly and Sunlux always responds quickly back to us.Michelle 2/18/2023
- I chose Sunlux after performing hours of research using the Better Bureau’s website to locate A+ rated companies to perform my solar panel installation. I realize now that I chose well. Sunlux performed a preliminary inspection of my roof and found several cracked tiles which resulted in damage to its underlayment. With knowledge of rain approaching, they offered to tarp my roof at no cost to minimize further damage as I waited for my insurance company to make a final decision on my claim. I feel confident that I made the right choice when I chose Sunlux and would highly recommend them if you value integrity, quality, forward-thinking and customer satisfaction.Victor David 1/26/2021
- Wanted to share my experience with Sunlux.. These guys are fantastic! I met with 4 other Solar companies and finally chose these guys. Not only did they install 30 Solar panels, but they also built us a covered patio to put them on. Eveything came out great, all of the staff and I dealt with were friendly and professional. Their follow up after the install has been great, and their prices are very competitive as well. Thanks Ben C*****, Guillermo, Aaron and the rest of the Sunlux team for a wonderful experience. Can't wait to see my SCE bill in the coming months!Alfred T. 2/18/2019
- Selling Reviews Yelp,google(Premium Quality)James P. 1/31/2021
Guaranteed confidentiality and quality of reviews
All accounts of real users, with reviews and friends
If the review is removed, we will replace it with a new one for free.
Contact us email@example.com
Reviews on Yelp
10 reviews on Yelp = $ 450
20 reviews on Yelp = $ 800
50 reviews on Yelp = $ 2200
Reviews on googl
10 reviews in googl = $ 250
20 reviews in googl = 450 $
50 reviews in googl = 1000 $
- All the representatives were courteous and professional. They did a real good job. They were quick and efficient in installing the solar panels and equipment inside. My neighbors all said they did it pretty fast. Going solar helped me out tremendously so far because I put a pool in my backyard and it made a difference.E. 2/26/2021
- We took over 6 months deciding whether to go with solar and who to go with. We ended up with SunLux because of their warranties, everything is done inhouse and price. They were very patient with us while we made our decision. The installation went very smoothly. We are enjoying seeing a credit to our Edison bill.Sasha T. 6/27/2019
- The entire Sunlux team has been incredible from start to finish. During the sales presentation, there was no uncomfortable up selling or pressure by Chris. The installation process managed by Jen was seamless, and whenever there was an issue (all issues were minor) she took considerable effort to ensure our care and solve the problem. The roof and the panels look fabulous and they are producing as expected - we couldn't be happier!! We received 3 other quotes for the project and Sunlux beat the competition in every category, which actually made me a bit nervous, but after going through the whole project, I am blown away that they exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Sunlux and Troy Roofing for any project you might have. Thanks Garrett and the entire Sunlux crew!!Scott M. 7/08/2020
- SunLux kept me informed all the way through the purchase and installation process. I was informed of various changes in the status or things like when it went to permitting and when they were gonna come in and install or do the measurements. There was one day when I wasn't at the house as I was supposed to be and they turned up to do the initial survey. But we managed that remotely, which was wonderful because I didn’t have to leave work. From that point on, it was seamless.They had to put a new breaker box on the property and they had to take out the old one. They took out part of the outside wall to get the new one in but that couldn't be covered up or made good straightaway until the city had inspected it, which was going to be about two weeks. They covered it with an awning and it kept it all dry and safe. As soon as the city had inspected it, they came and made good, the wall. Right now, you couldn't even tell it had been taken apart. They did a great job.Paul 6/17/2021
- The installation hasn't happened yet, but my experience has been great so far. This is something that I'm not knowledgeable about, and the rep walked me through it very easily. I have asked so many questions, and he's has been so extremely patient, knowledgeable, and very bipartisan of his product versus others, telling me to do the research. Currently, we're waiting on permits, and the roofer has to come look at my house to do an audit.Adam 8/13/2022
- I worked with my salesperson Adam for almost 9 months. He was patient and answered every question I had. My project had A LOT of moving parts. Starting with a 23-panel system and a new electrical panel. We also needed a new roof (pitched and flat) with radiant barrier and a skylight added. On top of all that, we had 2 other vendors doing lots of other work, all of which had to be done in coordination. This was not an easy project for any of us but in the end, everything looks amazing. Let's not forget the satisfaction of seeing my meter running backwards!!!Alberto D. 4/08/2020
- I have their system for a year and it is really paying off. Two self caused service calls were the greatest experiences ever. Fast to call back, great comfort on the phone and rapid to arrive . They knew what to do and even though I caused the short they remedied the problem and saved my day with nothing but smilesGary P. 4/12/2019
- I have two houses down Corporate with Sunlux. One is okay and we are already processing through the HOA. But the scheduling with the other one is quite slow. They arranged for the technician to take a look at the roof, then after he inspected the roof, I haven't heard anything from them for four weeks. Later on, they contacted me and said that the technician did not complete an investigation on the roof. So they needed to come back again. Then they started to schedule for the technician to come over. In the end, I contacted the salesperson who contacted me in the very beginning. He contacted someone in the company and arranged for someone to come over today to take a look at the roof again. He did a good job. In fact, he is the reason why I chose Sunlux. This guy is Chinese, he's very popular in the Facebook group, and a lot of people recommend him, which is the most important thing.Ben 7/27/2022
- We are in the process of having SunLux installed. I signed off on the approval and they were gonna request a permit from my city. It's all within the timeframe they told me it was gonna be. They've also been right on top of doing everything they said they are gonna do. Customer service has all gotten back to me right away and has been very helpful. So far, so good.Randy 12/05/2021
- Sunlux is super professional. They installed our solar within 2 days of the approved permit. Our Project Manager Erika Garcia is super efficient and responsible. I had an issue with the power on Friday night after the installation and sent her an email at 12:17 AM midnight. The tech shows up at my door the next morning at 8AM. When I saw the tech, I am speechless with their service. Jerry Hong is my sales representative, very knowledgeable about the solar, and usually, reply to my text in a minute. He even helps me take some pictures of the solar panel with his drone. I would like to give them 6 stars! I never have this kind's positive experience with any construction projects.Steve W. 7/14/2020
- We just signed up with the project and it has yet to commence. But everybody has been cooperative and has been giving me information because everything is new for me. I'm not that knowledgeable in solar or roofing or contracting so they are helping me throughout. Bonnie is our project manager and Gary, who was my initial contact, is the salesperson and engineer. He has been giving me guidance. So, it’s been good. I will recommend others to at least explore the possibility of going with Sunlux and they can make their own calculated decision and look at all the options. And so far, my experience has been wonderful, so I have nothing but praise for Sunlux.Kishor 4/21/2022
- Our servers were shutting down all the time, and so we were losing a lot of data every time they shut down. One of the solutions was to get solar and we were already looking into solar, so it kind of worked out. SunLux was a recommendation. Their representatives were very responsive. Installation took less than a week, but it was pretty smooth. The cost of the service is fairly competitive. Go for SunLux.Takashi 6/30/2021
- We did a virtual visit and the sales rep explained all the benefits of going solar, and how much money I'll be saving in the long run with going solar. He also mentioned the impact on the planet and renewable energy. He was very informative. He answered all my questions. I was very happy with the sales rep that I dealt with. There was some delays with the installation due to COVID and that was understandable. SunLux Energy was always on point as far as informing me of where we were with the installation process, and with the gathering of permits from the City and from my HOA. The installation crew was great. They came in and explained everything they were going to do. We hardly even heard or saw them because they got in, they did what they had to do, and then they got out. They cleaned up after themselves. The cost of the service was very reasonable. I've got my first electric bill and I'm seeing savings already. From start to finish, it was an awesome experience. SunLux was very professional and informative. They laid out everything for me. Everything that I heard on the radio was spot-on.Johnny 4/01/2021
- From start to finish Sunlux was on it. The process was so easy! Most of it done by email, phones and computer. Everyone I talked to gave me their cell phone number and their email address where I could reach out if I had any questions. One Sunday night after hours, I received an email I was very concerned about so I called 1 phone number and left a message. I thought no body will call me back and I tried another number and no answer. Then emailed a couple of people. My phone stared ringing off the hook from Sunlux people returning my phone call. They eased my worries about the email I had received. I was impressed with their after hours response. They followed through with everything they said they would do and I appreciate that so much! My neighbor went with another company before we signed with Sunlux and she is still not completed. I highly recommend Sunlux for anyone thinking about going solar.Shelly C. 10/16/2019
- We are at the paperwork portion of the process and my rep, Erica, has been doing well. She was very accommodating, answered all my questions, and helped me through everything. She caught a little issue before going into the HOA approval process. I forgot to sign one of the areas on there. We fixed that quickly. I’m happy that I chose SunLux.John 12/04/2021
- We like our rep, Gary. He was helpful, knowledgeable and willing and available to answer every and excess question that I ended up having. We got two different projects with SunLux going on and right now, they are waiting for the City of Long Beach to approve all the design so it's kind of at a standstill. There was also a little bit of delay sometimes with communication back. But we were dealing with Christmas and New Year so it was kind of understandable. The process has been easy, so far.Laura 1/07/2022
- Juan and his crew were terrific. They showed up early. He and the crew were courteous, efficient, and professional! They worked cleanly. They swept the area before they left. I didn't have to worry about anything. Sunlux has been on top of every step of this project! No problems with the entire process!Jerry M. 12/18/2019
- I got my solar installed last July by Sunlux. I have done tons of research before I went with them. I am so happy I did. Everyone in their team has customer's first mentality. I can't stress how professional in every step of the way. Even after the system has installed, they still treat you like VIP. I will recommend Sunlux to anyone who wants solar panels for their homes. They are on par with AMAZON in terms of service and quality. Truly amazing purchasing experience!Johnny H. 1/05/2021
- I've had a very positive experience with Sunlux. I feel they are an ethical company that stands by their word. There were some problems with employee turnover over the course of installing my system, so it ended up taking longer than it should have to get solar activated. I worked with Adam and Jessica to get compensated for my lost production. They were good to keep their word and worked hard to make things right. Now my Sunlux system is activated and my first bill was completely zeroed out. I was SO happy! Sunlux assessed my need and my difficult issue with a big tree that shades much of my house correctly. I'm very happy overall.Aimee C. 4/20/2020
- I reached out to the sales rep and he didn’t have to do a bunch of a pitch to me because I already knew what I wanted. He just confirmed that everything was the correct way. He answered all the questions I had. Sunlux just finished the installation on Monday so I’m still trying to figure it out and see how everything's gonna play out with Edison, my power provider. But everything seems to be running smoothly. You always get notified whenever there's something to do on the app and you do it such as in terms of the process. In terms of price, everything was good too because I got a few quotes from someone else and Sunlux beat them. At the end of the day, we went with them because they have a good reputation in the market.Jairo 10/17/2022
- My name is Sung W* from Rancho Cuamonga, CA. I shopped for Solar with 5 Solar companies and decided to go with Sunlux. Their prices were the best among all I looked. My experience with Sunlux was very pleasant from start to finish. My sales rep, Ralph F*** has been very positive all the way. He is knowledgeable and was very prompt with communication every time I had a question. I never felt pushed in getting solar. The project managers Sarah and Karissa were also very friendly and helpful. They would always be on top of everything when I had questions or concerns. Every step in the installation process was scheduled very quickly. It only took the installers 3-4 hours to put my solar system. The installers were efficient and respectful. I am very satisfied with my solar installation and would definitely recommend Sunlux to my anyone who is looking to get solar.Please ask for Ralph F*** I highly recommend him.Sung W. 6/18/2019
- I usually don’t take the time to write reviews. However, this time I decided to do it because it is important for people to know how great Sunlux is. We began our search for solar companies when we bought our house about year and a half ago. We met with many different companies but we noticed that they weren’t truthful and they were only interested in making a sale. We were ready to sign a contract with the only company we believed to be honest, when we were referred to Sunlux. They were absolutely magnificent! They were honest and straightforward from the beginning, went above and beyond our expectations and were prompt and so helpful. They took care of absolutely everything; they even provided same day installation. They were very professional and left the area cleaner than they found it. We have now had the panels for about a month and are beyond pleased with the continued service and professionalism given by the company.Diana Orozco 5/28/2020
- Sunlux said that they could finish before the tiers changed, which they are doing. Also, they showed me how the tiers would be paid out and how the electricity bill would work. They sent a brochure and said, “This is what your average bill is gonna look like in the future,” which is good. It‘s month by month. Wintertime, you would get less electricity than in the summer. But it all depends on how much you use during the day, winter or summer, and on how it would pay out. They've been on top of things.David 2/15/2023
- My experience with SunLux was good until they sent me an email calling me sir. I wrote back and said, “How many men do you know named Nancy?” And then, they also sent me another email saying that my wife is a mister as well. I told them to get their pronouns right or I'm not gonna do it. The company sent something out to all their employees and reacted very positively to my feedback. Everyone’s been very supportive of me after I told them about that. They stepped up, and I appreciated it.Nancy 6/12/2021
- The enrollment experience with SunLux has been quite good. They seem very organized and thorough. The rep answered all my questions and the engineer who came out clearly knew exactly what he was doing. So, I've been impressed with their expertise. It was excellent dealing with them. They stay in touch and I don't go long spells without getting an update with them. They are very prompt at keeping me informed about what's going on. We're still getting into the engineering phase and probably in about a week, we're going to start going after permits.Larry 6/18/2022
- Sunlux made the solar installation pretty easy and straightforward. The sales person, Jerry, came for a free estimate and quote (very professional and knowledgeable). He answered all our questions and even got us a few deals on the solar package. Installation took a few weeks for approvals from LADWP but installation of solar panels by sunlux was the highest quality and fastest ever (one day install). Throughout the buying process, the project manager, Berlyn was just the best! All the praise to her. She did all the hard work behind the scenes from approvals and scheduling to making sure we were satisfied from start to complete as well as informed us about everything. Thank you Berlyn! All in all- without a question this has been the best investment for our home. Don't hesitate and really, give sunlux a try- you can thank me later. 🙂Emily S. 6/24/2020
- I highly recommend Sunlux Solar. I contracted with Sunlux for 34 panels and a new roof a little over 3 months ago. I am extremely pleased with both my solar panel installation and my new roof. My salesperson (Chris) was very honest, informative and professional. There was no sales pressure at all. He explained the entire project in detail and satisfactorily answered all my questions. He was extremely patient with me when I called him numerous times with questions I had pertaining to my internet solar research I conducted as I was educating myself on solar.Al L. 8/19/2020
I got several quotes prior to choosing Sunlux. Although Sunlux was a little more expensive than others (not much), I chose Sunlux because of the professionalism Chris displayed and because they are a large professional company who is dedicated to customer service. I believe in "you get what you pay for" and I am extremely pleased with Sunlux, as I got much more than I paid for. I am very happy I chose them for my project.
My project manager (Berlyn) was outstanding. She was constantly communicating with me by either phone, email or text. She kept me apprised of every step of the project and was always responsive to me whenever I called her. She always got back to me immediately. She was professional, polite, informative and defiantly dedicated to customer service. She always made sure I knew what was happening, kept me in the loop, and that I was pleased. It was a pleasure working with Berlyn. The project took a little over 3 months to complete, but that was due to permitting issues and not the fault of Sunlux. None the less, Berlyn was in constant contact with the building authorities and moved things right along. The installers were very professional, polite and defiantly demonstrated pride in their work. The installation was clean, seamless and it looks fantastic. All the electrical is hidden in my attic and out of sight (except for my inverter).
My roofer was Troy Roofing who was subcontracted through Sulux. Although I am not a fan of subcontractors, Sunlux changed my opinion about subcontractors. They were in contact with the roofer the entire time and I never had to deal with the roofer directly. Troy Roofing did an exceptional job on my roof. The guys worked 3 hard long days in 100 degree weather. They demonstrated pride in their work and they did an excellent job. I highly recommend Troy Roofing.
In summary, I am extremely pleased with Sunlux Solar and the outstanding job they did. They totally exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend them for your solar project. You will not regret it. I commend their staff Chris (my salesperson) for his professionalism and honestly. There were no surprises. Moreover, I commend Berlyn (my project manager) for commitment to customer service, her professionalism and her organizational skills. She was on top of my project every step of the way and she was a pleasure to work with.
- After posting my unsatisfied review I was contacted by Garrett (customer service manager) who was able to get the ball rolling in the right direction. Since my review my system has past inspection and is now running fully functional. I appreciate Garrett taking my concerns and addressing them with urgency.Becky M. 1/14/2020
- I have just received my “PERMISSION TO OPERATE” from Southern California Edison confirming that my “Self-Generation Facility is Interconnected to SCE's Electric Grid”, ie my solar system can now export energy to the SCE grid and I get credit for it. This project started about 4 months ago when I finally settled on choosing SunLux Energy to install a Solar Energy System. Having talked to and discarded several companies before, I was impressed by what SunLux had to offer: a top quality system, very flexible configurations, multiple options, battery backup, and a great warranty covering roof leaks as well as their equipment. The SunLux Sales Representative, Ben C*****, was as pleasant as he was professional. Working from a few typical SCE monthly statements he came up with a configuration that would produce my average electric consumption plus a safety margin, along with a battery backup component to keep our choice of devices powered on in case of a power outage. The equipment itself is made by SolarEdge, an excellent solar energy products manufacturer, and by LG. The decision was easy, the mantle was passed to the Project Manager, Raul R********, who promptly set up an installation schedule which the installation crew stuck to. This crew was very professional and very diligent. 27 panels were installed in one day even though my roof is of an unconventional metal type. (Since the installation was completed we had a strong wind event and a couple of very stormy days with an unusual amount of rain; but no leaks and not a single panel budged.) At the completion of the installation,,the mantle was passed to the SunLux Customer Service Manager, Garrett K*****, who managed the setup, testing, monitoring and transfer of the system to me. To me, the quality of a system has as much to do with the quality of support as with the system itself. Working with Garrett was, and continues to be, a real pleasure. He is always available, he is patient, he responds to issues very promptly, often before I’m even aware that there is an issue. He also guided the application to get the system interconnected to the SCE grid, which was finally approved last week. I am very happy with my SunLux system and would strongly recommend SunLux to anybody in the market for a top notch solar energy system.Waguih B. 6/28/2019
- Their presentation was much better than some of the other folks we talked to. They had a better sense of what they were talking about and were able to portray that to me, who did not know anything about solar. The installation went really well, and really, really quickly. The driver dropped off the incorrect panels but they corrected that. It took him a week to get the new ones. But as soon as they dropped in my driveway, they were right on the house. So there was no problem there. The project manager, Bonnie, was really good. Bonnie and the salesman, Mike, were super great at everything and helping out and helping me understand.Jeremy 4/28/2021
- Customer service is important to me and SunLux proved that they have the best in the business. I had a problem with my solar system and all I had to do was make one phone call to them and they did the rest. The problem was fixed so swiftly that I didn't need to call them back for updates on the situation.Gino T. 2/28/2019
- First, let me say that my experience with Sunlux was a good one. The agent that first met with me was very pleasant and knowledgeable and put a great system together for what my solar power system. The technicians that came to install the system were also very professional and courteous. After that, there is some patience that you will have to have with getting the system up and running. From Sunlux dealing with the Gas Company, DWP, and the city inspectors, it can get to be time consuming, but they keep you abreast to what� � � ¢� � � � � � � � s going on. Garrett in the main office was very helpful all the way through the process. Overall I� � � ¢� � � � � � � � m very happy with my choice of Sunlux and I� � � ¢� � � � � � � � m looking forward to saving money on my power bills by generating solar energy.Thomas C. 5/22/2019
- I spend several months researching and getting quotes from multiple solar contractors.Moises R. 11/07/2019
Let me tell you it was a big learning experience. At the end I decided to go with Sunlux.
They give me the best price and best guarantee than the other three solar companies for the system I was looking for.. They really took care of me and made the most effort to earn my business. Another key factor was their customer reviews. The process was smooth and very professional. Their installers where also very professional and pay attention to detail, taking my input and answering any questions I had.
I'm so glad I went with Sunlux.
- For quite some time I didn't believe all the hype of the solar industry and its claim that it could save you money. I simply kept paying the increasing monthly electric bill hoping that the next months bill would decrease. In the summer months of 2017 I saw my electric bill rise to about $550 a month and decided to do something about these outrageous prices. I spoke with a friend at work who had a solar panel system installed in 2016, and was shocked when he showed me a monthly Edison bill totaling 35 cents. I immediately contacted (3) solar panel companies and set up appointments. Mind you, I selected brand name solar companies believing I would only get the best product available. Well, needless to say, I elected to go with SunLux. Mark Trujillo, the SunLux Energy Consultant, was extremely knowledgeable of his product and was able to answer all of our questions. Mark was polite and accommodating throughout the entire process. In fact , Mark was head and shoulders above the other companies consultants in regards to product knowledge. Ultimately, SunLux's solar panels were superior,the SunLux warranty was longer, and the price was lower. The entire staff that I encountered at SunLux was extremely professional and attentive throughout! . If your thinking of solar panels, I would only recommend SunLux.Michael H. 7/02/2018
- It took time to get answers to my questions, but installation was quick and painless. My supposedly local installation was manned, and very well, by a guy in Austin. I repeatedly asked if the panels would have to be cleaned and they said no, until a letter from the Manager a month later. But now a $50 electric bill instead of $488. Good.Sara 9/17/2021
- Extremely Happy!! I live in Northern CA. I obtained 4 bids from local solar installers and 7 from the EnergySage website. I had done extensive research regarding the ratings for solar panels, inverters, monitoring, etc. SunLux was the first to respond from EnergySage. Their bid was an unbelievably low price for the top of the line Panasonic 320 solar panels, Optimizer inverter and SolarEdge monitoring system. The price was 2/3 ($11K less) than what I had been quoted from 3 of the local companies. When those 3 companies contacted me to see if I wanted to sign a contract with them, they asked why my answer was no. When I told them the price and equipment included, they each said something was wrong and I wasn� t getting what SunLux quoted� � it wasn� t possible. SunLux also beat every other company from the EnergySage website. Because the price was so good, I increased the amount of panels I purchased from 25 to 27. I researched SunLux� s reviews and stability and felt comfortable to proceed. They traveled a very long way to install my system; I� m the furthest north they have ever been. The crew was great. All were very hard workers and got the job done. I just went online with my energy company towards the end of May 2019. Each of my June and July 2019 energy bills were only $23, which is mostly for the natural gas for the hot water heater. My heating/air is all electric. I am producing more than I using at this time. June and July of 2018 bills were $253 and $435 respectively, including the natural gas. My winter energy bills are very high also. I can� t wait to see what the net result will be after a year.Lorrie W. 8/07/2019
- I wanted to be as independent of the electrical grid as I could be. I had done part of the house with solar and I had a Tesla battery. But I realized that I was generating about half the power I needed to offset my power bill. So, I called SunLux and had them come to double what I already had. And that brought me to net zero on my electric bill. In fact, Edison sent me a check last year, so I appreciated that.Aside from that, I had concerns with the company that I had used before with the quality of their workmanship, but SunLux stressed that their workmanship would be excellent, and it was. They said that they would run the cables through the attic and not over the top of the roof, which made it more pleasant to the eye, so I was very happy. They also tied my Tesla battery into the system so that I've got the two solar systems and the Tesla battery all connected together.I started the process with SunLux a year ago and they got the installation done beautifully. But it took a long time to get the permission to operate, so I kept calling them to ask what was holding it up. They said that it was Edison that was holding it up, so it took a couple of months after the installation before I could turn the system on. Other than that, I love the solar system that I've got. Plus I drive a plug-in hybrid car, so my car basically runs on sunlight. I charge it in my garage overnight and I drive it to work, then I can plug it in where I work to drive home. So, if I've decided to work at home, I don't ever have to buy any gasoline.Dave 2/20/2021
- SunLux quickly understood our needs and designed an appropriate system with quality components from the beginning. Competitors started their proposal with a lesser system with lower quality components. After weeks of working with a competitor, they came up with the exact same system as SunLux and at the same price. The main reason we liked SunLux is that we had roofing issues. Competitors wanted to sell a whole new roof while SunLux came up with a much less expensive solution.Timothy R. 7/21/2019
irvine residents: we make solar simple
Sunlux believes that solar energy should be just as easy as traditional electricity! Our 5 step process will have you saving money on your rising electric bill in no time.
We start out by taking a look at your energy bill to determine needs to provide you with an estimate of how much you can save by going solar with Sunlux Solar. The best part is we’ll answer your questions honestly, making your solar decision simple.
Our PV Designer will create a solar system package with curb appeal, your energy needs and your home specifications in mind. We’ll work closely with you to make sure the design exceeds your expectations, delivering maximum performance and lifespan.
We handle the paperwork for you. Once the design is finalized, our permit technician will put together a detailed permit package and submit it to city of residence for approval.
The solar panel installation will be performed by our highly trained, safety-certified crews, and the onsite project foreman will be there to answer any questions you may have.
Once the city inspector signs off, we will submit the final package to your utility provider for a PTO (Permission to Operate), so we can turn on your Sunlux solar system and you can start saving money.
our solar blog
Discover more about how solar energy works for you AND the planet.
Over the last decade, we’ve seen a significant shift towards renewable energy, particularly solar power. The popularity of solar power systems has skyrocketed, driven by
As we witness a renewable energy revolution, solar power systems are becoming increasingly commonplace. Central to these systems are solar batteries, essential for storing the
Welcome to the energy revolution! As our world transitions towards renewable energy, the introduction of Net Metering 3.0 represents a significant leap forward. If you’re