Sunlux: best central texas solar company
Save Money on Your Rising Electric Bills and Help the Environment by Going Solar in Central Texas
Talk to our experts now
Get a free, no-pressure consultation and start saving in Central Texas today!
go solar with one of the best solar companies in central texas
SolarReviews.com rates us in the top 100!
Central Texas is a great place for solar power! Abundant sunshine makes it a simple choice. Find out about solar rebates and tax incentives for Texas residents here. You can save money and help save the planet by going solar with Sunlux today!
What Sunlux solar customers say
Don't take our word for it. Read what our valued customers think about us.
- We heard about Sunlux through a friend who used the company and specifically put us in touch with Chris. We called him and it was great. We liked how easy he explained everything really well to us. However, we had a little bump recently. My husband was home, and whoever came out to do the site audit didn't talk to my husband. In one of the emails that came through, I was a little confused because I wasn't sure exactly what the representative was asking us. I sent a clarifying email, then after that, the email that she sent back was a lot more clear. She was asking us about where we're gonna put the EVs. We're going back and forth now through email, trying to finalize where our EV outlets are gonna go. Nothing's been installed, but so far, Sunlux has been great. They're very responsive. If there’s anything, it's us on our end that has been lagging behind. There is a lag time in between when you’re communicating through email, and it’s hard. One time, my husband and I were like, “Well, did you answer?” “No, I thought you answered.” It took longer than we wanted it to go, but we try to respond quickly and Sunlux always responds quickly back to us.Michelle 2/18/2023
- Selling Reviews Yelp,google(Premium Quality)James P. 1/31/2021
Guaranteed confidentiality and quality of reviews
All accounts of real users, with reviews and friends
If the review is removed, we will replace it with a new one for free.
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Reviews on Yelp
10 reviews on Yelp = $ 450
20 reviews on Yelp = $ 800
50 reviews on Yelp = $ 2200
Reviews on googl
10 reviews in googl = $ 250
20 reviews in googl = 450 $
50 reviews in googl = 1000 $
- Was very pleased that the owner reached out to help find a reasonable solution for both parties. Once the issue was explained, he made sure that the customer walked away happy and I think everyone wins with that in mind.Went with Sunlux to get a solar system to hook up an electric jacuzzi (that was a mistake right away, should not use electric to heat jacuzzi, not worth it at all, even with solar). I told the salesmen this was the purpose of installing solar, and he said great and led me down the path to obtain solar with Sunlux. My bill went through the roof once I started running my jacuzzi and after multiple attempts, no one at Sunlux is willing to help in anyway... they are literally in it just for the sale, don't waste your time and go with literally any other solar company!!! Also, if you are military, they don't offer any discounts, just FYI...Torry 5/11/2021
- The rep answered all my questions and was patient. It took us weeks back and forth because I wasn't tenacious on signing a contract. I reviewed the proposals, asked more questions and he supported the whole process. We're at the early stage of the project, getting approvals, and I'm comfortable with the decision I made. I evaluated two other companies and felt SunLux was the right choice for us. I would tell friends that it's definitely one of the companies they should evaluate before making a decision.Tim 1/01/2022
- I've had solar panels in the past, and there seemed to be a benefit, so in my newer home, I decided to do it. I did a lot of research on companies throughout the area and decided to go with SunLux after talking to a couple other companies. This was a purchase, which is a better idea than leasing it earlier in my other house. That’s a good deal all the way around. The person-in-charge of the SunLux company, Erica, kept me informed what was happening throughout the process as well. The only thing that ever held them back was waiting for the city to approve stuff, which is not their issue. Other than that, the whole process went smoothly. Installation was seamless too. It happened without me being there and it all went together well.Doug 3/03/2021
- Sunlux has been very diligent. Everything is transparent. They've tried to accommodate a lot of the questions and concerns that I've had. They don't promise everything, but they provide you with the details. The gentleman who explained the details to me had a very detailed presentation. It took a lot of time but it explained a lot of things. I'm still in the middle of trying to finalize how we're gonna be approaching the project. We're making sure that the roof is able to handle that added load and that we don't have to remove the panels 5, 10 years from now to fix leaks.James 5/26/2022
- I picked Sunlux for solar to install on my elderly parents house. This was after 5 other quotes. Price was the best. From signing contract to power up was better than imagined. Even with weather delays (wet in socal this year) they got past the delays. Customer service is fantastic. They know how to design a system. I recommend them highly.Ron J. 6/11/2019
- I picked Sunlux for solar to install on my elderly parents house. This was after 5 other quotes. Price was the best. From signing contract to power up was better than imagined. Even with weather delays (wet in socal this year) they got past the delays. Customer service is fantastic. They know how to design a system. I recommend them highly.Ronald J. 6/12/2019
- Our experience with Sunlux was great. The salesperson was knowledgeable and walked us through the process of selecting the right amount of panels for our roof.Mike S. 10/25/2019
The design department worked with us through the permit and layout process. When the panels finally where installed about 6 weeks later we where very happy.
The entire crew was very professional and well trained. Overall I would can recommend Sunlux to everyone.
Thank you to the entire crew! GREAT JOB!
- I liked the attitude of the person from SunLux I was talking to. He was open to my suggestions on the products’ brands. Everybody was offering brands and I was doing my research. I decided to go with LG. Most of the other people were negative about that. My perception was they want to sell what they were offering. But in this case with this company, he told me, “No problem. Whatever you want.” He researched and he sent me right away the price. He was accommodating to my petitions. He was teaching me how this works. He was also responding almost immediately. We were having good communication. He was a good salesperson.I was a little bit delayed in the end. But it wasn't the company's fault. It was the city inspectors. They were postponing a couple of times the final inspection. One of the things that I was a little bit disappointed in the end was that I was hoping that SunLux was going to teach me how to monitor. Because they left a device over here and for some reason, the device keeps disconnecting. I haven't been able to get it steadily connected. Another thing that I was expecting was the bill from Southern California Edison. I was expecting that one lower like I’ll get $26. But I've been getting 36. But other than that, it’s going to be aligned. They did a good job.Elfago 3/04/2021
- First, let me say that my experience with Sunlux was a good one. The agent that first met with me was very pleasant and knowledgeable and put a great system together for what my solar power system. The technicians that came to install the system were also very professional and courteous. After that, there is some patience that you will have to have with getting the system up and running. From Sunlux dealing with the Gas Company, DWP, and the city inspectors, it can get to be time consuming, but they keep you abreast to what’s going on. Garrett in the main office was very helpful all the way through the process. Overall I’m very happy with my choice of Sunlux and I’m looking forward to saving money on my power bills by generating solar energy.TC C. 5/22/2019
- SunLux didn’t take that long with the installation. It only took about three days, though it took a little longer to go live. But it seemed like they did as good as they probably could working with Edison. Also, supposedly, I've been producing energy since the middle of May but so far, my Edison bill hasn't reflected it that much. They said it takes up to 90 days sometimes before they start giving your credit back. But it seemed like my consumption went down because I was producing power during the day.John 9/29/2021
- Very professional and responsive from start to finish. The Sunlux organization to a person is dedicated to customer satisfaction, and made the process extremely easy. My wife did not want to see solar panels from the street and Mike V. was extremely understanding and collaborative with the placement of the panels on a challenging roof with many facets. He also patiently took us through all the options of going solar, with NO high pressure tactics. The entire process was on our timetable. Permitting with the city, and the final inspection, was a breeze. What we did not expect, was the caliber of installation on our home. Their crew was meticulous in all areas of the work, treading very lightly on our roof and grounds, and positively craftsmanlike in their design and execution. I refer to it as an 'elegant' installation, so cleanly done. We just can't get over the workmanship. We could not be happier.Bill D. 8/23/2018
- So impressed!Laura G. 9/09/2018
We had been interested in going solar for a number of years and began researching solar panels and installation providers. I contacted several solar companies, including Sunlux, for information and estimates on our household solar needs.
When the Sunlux representative began going through the solar plan for our home we knew we'd finally found the right company. The representative was well prepared and had tailored 'the numbers' of our solar usage to our house and our actual energy needs. We didn't have to guess or try to estimate how many panels or the output or the impact on our long term energy budget. Everything was laid out - easy to understand and clearly presented. And the cost was competitive- less than other companies we had contacted. It was an easy decision to move forward!
And then, Sunlux handled EVERYTHING! They scheduled to evaluate our roofline, and worked with us on an aesthetically appealing panel configuration. They also applied for our solar rebate from the local energy company on our behalf. The installation crew was thorough and efficient and had our 24 panel system installed in a day and a half!
Sunlux then scheduled the city inspection and power company meter installation to finalize the project - we didn't have to a thing! And they kept us notified of each next step along the way.
The panels look amazing and operate wonderfully! Sunlux even sent us a link at the end of the installation to download an app to monitor the output of the panels in real time. We are very grateful that we found such a professional and organized company. We highly recommend this company to anyone who is considering solar! Sunlux made it extremely easy and we can't imagine the process would've been this smooth with any other company. Five stars!
- We are in the process of having SunLux installed. I signed off on the approval and they were gonna request a permit from my city. It's all within the timeframe they told me it was gonna be. They've also been right on top of doing everything they said they are gonna do. Customer service has all gotten back to me right away and has been very helpful. So far, so good.Randy 12/05/2021
- Service is one of the key items that I decided to go with SunLux and quality is one of them too. The sales guy was very approachable, responsive and always available for me if I have questions. The installation took half of the day. Once our local electricity company approved, they gave me a call right away and said they could come the next day. They came on Saturday morning around 7:00 and it took them until 1 o'clock or 2 o'clock. They cleaned up a little bit then they left. However, there is one issue. Once they had finished, one of my breakers was not being reconnected well. I had to call them to come back to put that back and they were very responsive. The next morning, they came again and fixed that right away. That's a plus for them. I like SunLux Energy. I like the service that they have right now. Most of the contractors, once you've paid in full, they're gone. They never respond to your call. But SunLux still responds to my call. They still send me text messages every once in a while asking me how the generation is going. I like the way that they make sure their customer is well-satisfied.Ryan 2/11/2021
- The sales rep was great, answered all the questions I had and was very knowledgeable about the process and the different panels that I was interested in. I’m waiting for the HOA to give approval for the installation. Apart from that, the process has been very good. I haven't had any issues with SunLux, and the communication has been quite well.Kevin 1/04/2022
- Going with Sunlux, I felt like there was less dealing with middlemen and I felt more comfortable. Everything was great during the signup and Edison came out and did their thing, which was all good. The only thing is I'm old school so I don't always like email stuff but everybody goes through email. I would rather they call me. But for the most part, I'm fine with it.Keone 11/05/2022
- I put SunLux Solar on my house 3 years ago and it was the smartest move I've made in years. I had looked into quite a few companies and Mike Valencia from SunLux was the last salesman and I knew from the minute I met him that SunLux was the company for me. Every time I called Mike for ANYTHING, he took care of it immediately and was always helpful. This is one of those companies that does everything WELL and then goes beyond to be helpful. You will NEVER GO WRONG if you choose SunLux.Susan S. 6/17/2021
- Sunlux is super professional. They installed our solar within 2 days of the approved permit. Our Project Manager Erika Garcia is super efficient and responsible. I had an issue with the power on Friday night after the installation and sent her an email at 12:17 AM midnight. The tech shows up at my door the next morning at 8AM. When I saw the tech, I am speechless with their service. Jerry Hong is my sales representative, very knowledgeable about the solar, and usually, reply to my text in a minute. He even helps me take some pictures of the solar panel with his drone. I would like to give them 6 stars! I never have this kind's positive experience with any construction projects.Steve W. 7/14/2020
- Sunlux said that they could finish before the tiers changed, which they are doing. Also, they showed me how the tiers would be paid out and how the electricity bill would work. They sent a brochure and said, “This is what your average bill is gonna look like in the future,” which is good. It‘s month by month. Wintertime, you would get less electricity than in the summer. But it all depends on how much you use during the day, winter or summer, and on how it would pay out. They've been on top of things.David 2/15/2023
- Fantastic experience. The solar consultant I spoke with, Fernando **, was extremely knowledgeable. Fernando helped lay out a couple of possible custom tailored solar plans for my home which included details about overall cost, expected kilowatt hours accumulated by the panels, my own power needs, etc. It was informative and all of my questions/concerns were answered. I can't say that about the other companies I spoke with. If you're going to go solar go with Sunlux.travis 9/17/2021
- I'm impressed with SunLux. They had a good warranty on their stuff and I liked the way they approached us. The representative answered all my questions. And then, the installers did the installation pretty quick. When I got home from work, everything was done. They were done by 4 o'clock. It took two days. One for the installation of the panels, another day for the panel box itself. I had an issue with the breaker popping two or three times. SunLux came out and fixed it on that same day I called. Also, if I need to talk to them, if I couldn’t exactly talk to the person I need to talk to, they would pass the message on to their supervisor and they would call me right away. I have told other people that I have SunLux.Gary 2/28/2021
- I worked with my salesperson Adam for almost 9 months. He was patient and answered every question I had. My project had A LOT of moving parts. Starting with a 23-panel system and a new electrical panel. We also needed a new roof (pitched and flat) with radiant barrier and a skylight added. On top of all that, we had 2 other vendors doing lots of other work, all of which had to be done in coordination. This was not an easy project for any of us but in the end, everything looks amazing. Let's not forget the satisfaction of seeing my meter running backwards!!!Alberto D. 4/08/2020
- Sunlux did a great job planning our system. Working with the city during the restrictions of COVID was an extra challenge, but Sunlux took care of everything. The installation was all complete in 8 hours, including a new service panel. The system is working as advertised. We are very happy with it.James 9/16/2021
- I have just received my *PERMISSION TO OPERATE* from Southern California Edison confirming that my Self-Generation Facility is Interconnected to SCEs Electric Grid, ie my solar system can now export energy to the SCE grid and I get credit for it. This project started about 4 months ago when I finally settled on choosing SunLux Energy to install a Solar Energy System. Having talked to and discarded several companies before, I was impressed by what SunLux had to offer: a top quality system, very flexible configurations, multiple options, battery backup, and a great warranty covering roof leaks as well as their equipment. The SunLux Sales Representative, Ben Carton, was as pleasant as he was professional. Working from a few typical SCE monthly statements he came up with a configuration that would produce my average electric consumption plus a safety margin, along with a battery backup component to keep our choice of devices powered on in case of a power outage. The equipment itself is made by SolarEdge, an excellent solar energy products manufacturer, and by LG. The decision was easy, the mantle was passed to the Project Manager, Raul Rodriguez, who promptly set up an installation schedule which the installation crew stuck to. This crew was very professional and very diligent. 27 panels were installed in one day even though my roof is of an unconventional metal type. (Since the installation was completed we had a strong wind event and a couple of very stormy days with an unusual amount of rain, but no leaks and not a single panel budged.) At the completion of the installation, the mantle was passed to the SunLux Customer Service Manager, Garrett Kramer, who managed the setup, testing, monitoring and transfer of the system to me. To me, the quality of a system has as much to do with the quality of support as with the system itself. Working with Garrett was, and continues to be, a real pleasure. He is always available, he is patient, he responds to issues very promptly, often before I am even aware that there is an issue. He also guided the application to get the system interconnected to the SCE grid, which was finally approved last week. I am very happy with my SunLux system and would strongly recommend SunLux to anybody in the market for a top-notch solar energy system.Waguih B. 6/28/2019
- Sunlux' pricing was significantly better than the three other companies that I checked with. When I called the initial salesperson, he was informative. All the way along, Sunlux was excellent as far as keeping me posted on updates. I knew going in that it wasn't going to be a quick process. It met all my expectations with the timelines, and also their availability. The service almost exceeds my expectations. It's as promised. I can easily monitor it with the application and the panels are producing better than I thought it would.Dave 2/22/2022
- After posting my unsatisfied review I was contacted by Garrett (customer service manager) who was able to get the ball rolling in the right direction. Since my review my system has past inspection and is now running fully functional. I appreciate Garrett taking my concerns and addressing them with urgency.Becky M. 1/14/2020
- I'm updating my review after Garrett took the time to coordinate to have a couple of fixes related to the gutter that was poorly done (piping was reversed and was leaking). There was ownership over some snafus that happened throughout this process, which ultimately what is causing me to change my review to 5 stars - their customer service clearly shines through and they will want to fix things.James H. 9/24/2019
I would ultimately say: if you're going with Solar, use Sunlux. If you're going with roofing, I wouldn't recommend Sunlux until they figure out their craft here. In either case scenario, their customer service will take their diligence to try to remediate things as much as possible, which is more than can be said about most service companies.
- The SunLux products were a little bit more than some of their competitors but I was okay with that knowing some of the other pluses. I wanted to go solar because of the environment and then the cost-savings. Also, a friend of mine touted the extra warranty stuff that SunLux had that other people didn’t have. The project is done. We paid outright. But the handymen who came to do a lot of the clean-up work and modifications failed to finish it. They had to move our panel box and they had to redo some stucco but they just haphazardly did it. They were super quick to get out of there. I had to constantly follow up with SunLux. But as far as the customer service reps, they were great. The actual panels are fine and everything works great. Overall, we're happy.Andrew 5/16/2020
- Sunlux is a great choice for home solar installation. I used them to install my new solar panels and I'm very satisfied. On the front end, Rob Martinez helped me plan the layout that best used my roof shape and got me the power output I was looking for. And once the plans were made, Jen Bennett helped me coordinate the permit and the installation. Both Rob and Jen were great and made the process pretty painless. I definitely recommend Sunlux for solar panels, they do a great job!Zack D. 2/01/2021
- Sunlux was the most thorough. They were not the most affordable, but their honesty combined with their pricing was the best. The person that did our intake and walked us through the interview was the most honest. He is a salesperson, but he didn't act like one. The installation is supposed to happen in October, but we had a little hiccup with our project so we are probably going to push it out a little bit further. They work with what we thought was a lender, but they're a broker for the loan. The lender that they work with is no longer offering that loan. We're back at the application process.Karina 9/04/2022
- Three companies called me to give me a quote. When I reviewed the quote from SunLux and the equipment that was gonna be placed, I liked it a lot better. It was not the price that I liked but the system. It was a better option for me. It was going to be LG panels, and they were going to be 375 watts each panel. They were going to be providing 7.5 kilowatts.The SunLux representatives were helpful, knowledgeable and pretty professional. The salesperson had a really good communication. Also, the project manager was always in contact with me. I got 19 panels because they were gonna provide the energy that they promised that they were gonna get me. The installation went pretty smoothly.Jesus 6/16/2021
- I got my solar installed last July by Sunlux. I have done tons of research before I went with them. I am so happy I did. Everyone in their team has customer's first mentality. I can't stress how professional in every step of the way. Even after the system has installed, they still treat you like VIP. I will recommend Sunlux to anyone who wants solar panels for their homes. They are on par with AMAZON in terms of service and quality. Truly amazing purchasing experience!Johnny H. 1/05/2021
- I'm in the planning phase and the process seems smooth, moving along the spectrum and headed towards the ultimate end of install. The communication with this company has been good. I liked the fact that with SunLux, they got accreditation through the Better Business Bureau and their ratings are good.David 10/02/2021
- I kept on going back and forth and wavering if it was something I wanted to spend that much money on, if I wanted to come out of pocket and pay for it or if I just wanted to finance it. Finally, I thought of financing it, and once I made my decision, everything after that went fast. The people did a good job with the installation. One of the screens was broken so they had to replace that. There was one decision they had where they thought they could move a couple panels, wasn't in the right place, so they called and got the approval through their people and then me about it. I told them if they figure it will be better in this location then that's fine so they moved everything and set it up really quickly.From the beginning, know how many panels you really need. I expressed that to the guy I was working with. When I looked at everything, it seemed like the amount of panels I got is what I really need, so he developed the system perfectly, above and beyond what I thought. When I look at the charts, I'm producing 33% more than the average people. Once summer hits, I’ll produce a lot more.Timothy 5/14/2021
- This is actually my first time writing an online review as I felt Sunlux was truly amazing and professional to work with. Being naturally skeptical about to idea of solar all together and after researching numerous companies, the following outlines a truly great experience. I believe the whole process took about 3 month from around late August to early November.Fernando Martinez 12/10/2020
The Team (at least who I got to work with):
Chris A, Michael V, Erika G, Jessica B, Michael McC. * From presenting, keeping me updated, and promptly answering question, they were all truly professional every step of the way.
1. Upon reaching out with interest, an online live presentation was scheduled. Equipment description, sky view simulation of panels installed on my roof, costs, warranties, payment options, tax-benefits were very well presented. I never felt pressured into making a decision on the spot, which I don't with similar financial decisions. I recall saying I needed a couple days and was politely understood.
2. After doing the math, it just made complete sense. I called back and signed. FYI: There are several financial options, chose what works for you.
3. Home/Roof Evaluation was scheduled, Final Design sent for my approval, installation day, city inspection, and final touches all ran smoothly with no issues. Whenever I had a question, someone got back to me within an hour. Sometime minutes.
One month into my panels fully operating, I could not be happier. Even during these short and sometimes cloudy days, my bill is -$3. Yes, negative. Meaning that my electricity company owes my money for a change. My last 3 bills had been around $300 per month.
The installation and panels are pretty much bumper to bumper warrantied for 25 Years. While I hope I never have use for it, I feel confident that Sunlux will assist in resolving any issue.
- The enrollment experience with SunLux has been quite good. They seem very organized and thorough. The rep answered all my questions and the engineer who came out clearly knew exactly what he was doing. So, I've been impressed with their expertise. It was excellent dealing with them. They stay in touch and I don't go long spells without getting an update with them. They are very prompt at keeping me informed about what's going on. We're still getting into the engineering phase and probably in about a week, we're going to start going after permits.Larry 6/18/2022
- The salesperson was really good. He was very instrumental with my choosing SunLux. I had some concerns but he was able to answer it. At the same time, I felt sincerity and authenticity from him. SunLux did their best to try to be the hub for everything but there are a lot of moving parts. There's SunLux and there's the financing. Then I'm in a unique situation where I also have an HOA. For my HOA, I had to fill out forms and it would have been great if SunLux did that for me. The city approved the project and SunLux took care of that part, which is great. Once HOA approves the project, we're going to schedule the installation.Michael 11/30/2021
- Starting with initial consultation to installation with SunLux was real smooth. There was a little glitch with county inspection, but SunLux technicians took care of the issue. I was well informed about each stage of the process. Whole process took less than 3 months which is shorter than what I expected. Everyone from SunLux that I dealt were as pleasant as they we're professional. I am happy with my decision to go with SunLux.Myung Y. 11/20/2019
- I am so happy with my Sunlux experience! After going through the process I would definitely choose them again without hesitation. I initially reached out to Tesla Solar, which seemed great at first. We had a good initial meeting, the proposal looked good, and the gentleman that did my inspection was so nice. Then everything went sideways. After my inspection the initial estimate went up $8,500 for additional costs. I called my local utility company to verify what Tesla Solar was telling me was needed. My utility company sent someone to my house to inspect and verified it was not needed. Suddenly, I had a hard time getting a hold of my Project Manager at Tesla and the engineers could not agree on the requirements. Every few weeks they would just send me an email asking if I had signed the documents yet. They didn’t want to discuss what the utility company said. That is when I called other companies, including Sunlux. My sales contact, Rob M*******, worked with me and answered all of my questions. After reviewing the proposals, I researched the equipment on each proposal. The pricing was all competitive, but the equipment Sunlux quoted was far superior and the reviews were great. That is when I signed with Sunlux. Everyone I talked to, emailed, or that came to our house was friendly, professional, and overly polite. From my Project Manager, Emma S******, to the techs sent to our house for installation and inspections, everyone was knowledgeable and amazing. Emma kept me informed every step of the way and I did my part by emailing or calling when I had questions. Every email or call was responded to quickly. If someone did not know the answer to my question, they would have someone call me with the answer right away. Every inspection was passed easily. They submitted everything for me and made the whole process seamless. My solar system was turned on today and I am excited to see the kW it started producing right away. I will be referring everyone to Sunlux!PAGE M. 7/30/2019
- I love to do my research and obtained quotes from more than 5 different installers before selecting Sunlux to install my solar system. One key piece for making that decision, besides researching all of the equipment and cost, was a result of reading positive reviews much like this one. The employees answered all of my questions and maintained communication throughout the process to let me know what stage the project was at and what I should expect next. This was huge for me as several of the steps involved getting permits, submitting plans, and obtaining inspections which don’t necessarily require the customer’s constant participation. As such it would have been easy to feel like nothing was happening or that my project was not moving forward had my project manager not provided those periodic progress updates. From start to finish it took just over 2 months from the date I signed the contract. The install itself took a couple days due to rainy weather. My wife and I are very pleased with the work that was done.NickH 4/03/2018
- We did a lot of research on what SunLux provided and we even did a table to compare. The price, even though that was not the cheapest, I saw that what they were offering was much better. We also looked at all the reviews that they had and the reviews were better than others. Our HOA took time to approve it, but after that, things went very quickly. All people that were communicating with us and letting us know, including the project manager, were good. The guys that came to install were super professional too. They did the work fast. There was something else that they couldn't complete that day, but they kept communicating when they were going to arrive and things that they still needed to do. They came over and fixed it. As of today, we’re very satisfied. It’s been great.Yessenia 3/21/2021
- SunLux is a good deal for the environment. Hopefully, it turns out to be as good as some of my friends have told us theirs has been. However, the installation probably would have been a lot faster if we could get the city to move faster. The process was pretty put together and the city made things slow. They kept me informed along the way as to what was going on. I don't know why it took so long for them to come in and put the meter in. That was several weeks, I don't know why, other than DWP is shorthanded.Kerry 5/27/2021
- Great company and great services. They worked with me through the entire project and made sure all my questions were answered. My electric company attempted to slow the process but Sun Lux keep me on pace and now I’m on solar and looking to enjoy a better electric bill. Would recommend this company to family and friendsReginald . 3/24/2019
- I liked that SunLux didn't keep pestering us. Sunrun kept calling every 15 minutes, and I actually had to block their number. SunLux was a little more professional and didn't treat me like just a big sale. They just called and then we set the appointment. We just had the inspector and we've kind of got everything going. The experience is very positive and feels more service-oriented.Shane 4/08/2022
- I'm living in the desert. Solar energy is plentiful. It made more sense to go with it. SunLux had the Panasonic panels that I wanted. They sold the kind of panel that I thought was best. A friend of mine also had used them and liked them. I had done some comparison, and they came up with the best overall deal for what I was looking for. So far, the panels are working great, and I have nothing but good things to say. We bought the system outright. The installation was great. It took a bunch of guys like seven hours. They were very pleasant. They couldn't have been better.SunLux was, from the get-go, very easy to deal with. When we were waiting to get confirmation from the government agency that has to okay the installation, they kept me up to date. With COVID, people weren't responding as quickly as possible. But I would hear from their representative practically once a week saying, “Still haven't heard anything yet. We'll keep you posted.” It was not her fault but she certainly stayed on top of it. It was excellent customer service. SunLux, overall, is very professional, very communicative and they kept me informed. They got great customer service.Betty 2/09/2021
- Choosing a Solar company is very difficult. We went with Sunlux because of their 25 year warranty. None of the other solar providers could offer anything comparable.Barbara F. 10/16/2019
While our initial installation was difficult, after contacting Sunlux Customer Service all was corrected and completed. Garrett worked with me and PG&E to get our meters working properly.
Sunlux monitors the usage and provides us with great information whenever I have questions.
The best part is we no longer have a PG&E bill over $10.00. I couldn't be happier with the system production and am glad we chose Sunlux.
- Sunlux was amazing from start to end. Very helpful with our needs and wants. They did not push us into anything. Alex, our project manager, was great with communication and very professional. Sunlux helped us with a new roof installation. The company they secured for us was very professional and cleaned up after themselves very well. The solar installers and electrician were great!!! They let me know what they were doing throughout the process. I am an above satisfied customer. Thank you Sunlux!Matthew 2/22/2022
- Everything has been great. I've been well-informed about everything and never had any questions. Everything was almost answered preemptively and it's been smooth sailing. Before you move into schedules for install, you've got designing and engineering to go through. We had to send somebody out to the house to do a site assessment and you won't be scheduled for install until permit is received, but the process was started a couple of days after I signed the contract.William 1/03/2022
- I spoke to other companies. They were somewhat pushy. But with Sunlux, it was nothing like that. I asked for a quote. They gave me a quote and left me alone. The gentleman that gave me the quote showed me how extensive their installation process is to prevent roof leaks. That was another selling point. I didn't see that with the other guys. The guy that gave me the quote, the gentleman that took over and became the project manager, the crew that he sent to evaluate it and the second crew that came to install it were all phenomenal. I see the meter whenever I'm doing yard work. We're barely using any of what we're producing during the day. At night, we're having to use from the grid because we don't have a battery backup yet. There's a progress.Daniel 3/06/2023
- From the first phone call for a quote until the last approval from SCE, every employee I encountered was kind and professional. I called 3 companies for quotes. Theirs was the least expensive and they were the most comprehensive as they explained the process to me. I will refer my family and friends to them!!!Christina C. 1/08/2018
- Sunlux did a very good job with the installation, on time as promised, and the installers were all very competent and easy to work with. They obtained HOA approval promptly and were able to work through some nit-picking with the city inspector. They applied for SDG&E rebate for battery system. System was working after it was turned on, but the reporting feature had a glitch due to a bad part in the solar edge controller so that erroneous usage metrics were reported, but they obtained a new part and now system reporting is accurate. Very satisfied customer.tom m. 7/02/2018
- I've been talking to Adam with Sunlux for over a year and he's been super patient with me. He has filled me in on all my questions. He would call me sometimes a couple of weeks, sometimes a couple of months. We stayed in touch for a whole year because I wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. I kept postponing him and postponing him but he was super nice and not pushy one bit. If I wanted him to call me back, he’d call me back. If it wasn’t for Adam's patience and due diligence, I probably wouldn't be going with Sunlux. I probably would have went through a company that one of my friends had. Sunlux is a little bit more expensive on the loan process portion of it than some of my friends went through but I trust Adam. He promised me until my service is completely done, he's going to walk the whole entire process with me, and he has. Three days ago, I got an email saying that I needed to do my direct deposit so that I could get the APR financing at a locked-in lower rate. I called Adam and asked about it. He called the place and we got it handled. I can call him at a drop of a dime and he answers me.Marybeth 1/30/2022
- I did alot of research prior to coming across sunlux so I knew what I was looking for. sunlux was referred to me by my patio cover company ABOVE AND BEYOND PATIOS so I called and talked to Adam no hard sell gave me everything I wanted connected me to the finance company and worked with me was upfront about everything. Permits and equipment took a little time but they kept me informed about everything do your research and you will see sunlux is the right fit. Be sure to read all contracts because had a couple of companies try to get me to sign prior to roof inspection and I noticed that equipment was left out. But not with SunluxTim S. 3/03/2021
- After waiting years for solar panels to become more efficient and affordable, i finally settled on Sunlux to set up solar for our newly renovated home after reading reviews and speaking with friends. I must say this decision for solar has been the best investment in my home i have ever made. Sunlux reps took us through the whole process from estimating our generating needs (we have 2 ev cars, 2 A/C units and outdoor entertainment) to mapping out our panels to give us maximum sun exposure, to setting up and registering our panels with the electric company. Garrett, the customer service manager, responded to our questions and calls promptly and kept us informed during the whole process. He introduced us to the app that can monitor our daily, monthly and cumulative generating at the touch of our iPhones 24/7. We are now generating more electricity than we use and this will allow us expand our electricity needs in the future. The monthly cost of our solar loan is significantly less than our previous electrical bill and in several years we will be saving hundreds of dollars monthly. We are very pleased with our purchase and with Sunlux.Martin . 11/01/2019
- Everybody at SunLux was amazing. They would call me whenever there was a delay of any sort and they would let me know the process we were in every step of the way. I've recommended SunLux to some of my friends. There are very terrible experiences with other solar companies that I've heard but you don't have to worry about SunLux.Ivy 9/16/2021
- I met their rep Mark through Zoom. He was very knowledgeable and patient. It was a good experience working with him. We met him a second time to answer any questions. He had infographics that explained things further. He covered what the cost would be and the percentage rate, all on the phone. Then I was assigned a project manager who took care of handling the signing of the documents. They went through our bill to go over how many panels we would need based on our usage. We had a really good experience so far. We haven't seen the finished product yet but we felt very comfortable after meeting with Mark.Susana 3/09/2023
- After interviewing over half a dozen solar companies, we kept going back to SunLux. Tracy W. was great from the beginning, upfront and not pushy like some other companies.Teddy C. 5/06/2019
Always responded to my questions or concerns throughout the entire process. We installed a fair amount of panels, which was installed in 2 days. Workers were on time, professional, and always kept me in the loop regarding the process.
Final inspection happened within a few days after installation. After Tracey, we dealt with Emma who was our project manager, who was also great to work with. Always communicated clearly with us and was helpful during the final steps.
Markie and Garret took care of us after our final inspection. After the second day of our panels being on, we experienced a glitch due to new inverters being installed. I got on the phone with Markie and Garret and the next day they both drove out to our home to fix the problem.
They stayed on the phone with the company for over 2 hours until the problem was fixed. After two weeks of having solar panels, we found birds nesting under our panels. We called Markie, and they are installing a critter guard at the end of the month.
SunLux made this a lot easier than what we anticipated after reading all the other horror stories on other solar review sites. If you are in the process of searching for a solar company, SunLux is the way to go.
- I highly recommend Sunlux! They are honest, responsive, and very customer focused. Couldn't ask for a better company to work with. If you appreciate a company who honors their commitments without any hassle this is the company to hire. No third party installers. Employees are knowledgeable, polite, and will exceed your expectations. You can count on Sunlux to make things rightMiguel C. 6/09/2022
- SunLux has been a good provider so far. I am currently walking through the prerequisites. The main electrical panel needs to be relocated so SunLux sent Edison out to confirm that the electrical panel wouldn't be an issue. So, I spoke with them. They gave me a cost, but I'm getting comparable quotes now. They had an original design for the solar panels. After proposing that, there was a slight modification to the final design that they provided me. So, I have them looking back at that to see if we can meet the original design request. Everyone has been helpful and informative.Emmanuel 11/25/2021
- We had a Zoom meeting with Sunlux and they were very knowledgeable. They seemed to be upfront about options and reviewed our electric bills and came up with a few different solutions for us. Our agent was Gary and he seemed to be very knowledgeable. He never stuttered or couldn't answer a question. He presented himself as knowing his job. Email seemed to be the best form of communication. I received answers every time I sent an email. They sent me back either a follow-up or an answer to my question. The gentleman that did the site audit physically came out here and took pictures and measured. He explained what he was doing before he did it. He explained that he was done and what was left to do. So I was really happy with the field person. I've been happy with everybody I've had contact with. Their information packet was extensive and thorough. If there was another website that I needed to go to, it was all in that packet.Lorie 10/19/2022
- They've been thorough. They've followed up, responded to emails, tried to make it easy and communicated. It was just wow. I just wish more people were like that in their business. The spiel of the SunLux rep was so clear and well-organized. He anticipated all of the questions that we were probably going to ask. He wasn't one of those salesman types that is like, "How much money do you think you're gonna save...", that is such a time suck as a way to try to engage you. He just engaged personally, instead of through dorky, recommended, inexperienced people. I didn't feel any pressure. We have a date scheduled for installation on November 17th. I was expecting it to take longer and I'm very impressed that it hasn't. I hope it stays that way.Melissa 11/11/2021
- SunLux is great. They called us to let us know there was an issue that needed fixing. Talk about being proactive!!!!! They came out and fixed the problem as it was an easy fix. But they went above and beyond and did some extra work to make sure that it wouldn't happen again. I am very please with them.Bob 2/26/2019
- The staff and installers were very professional. The reason for 4.5 stars was due to the delay to add the protective netting. By the time the netting was installed (3 weeks later) the pigeons made a mess nesting under the panels. Although Sunlux took care of cleaning the panels, it could have been avoided if all the materials were ordered and onsite at the time the panels were installed. Not a deal breaker for me and I would recommend them to anyone!T C. 11/14/2017
- When I spoke with them after speaking with other companies, I liked the presentation. The price was pretty good and it seemed like it was the best choice. The sales representative promised me a lot of things and ensured certain things will take be taken care of, so I'm hoping that all comes through. The financing process was pretty straightforward. I was sent some DocuSigns, and I went through them and gave information, and found out in 40 hours at the most. But I'm still waiting for the installation. It's been a few days and I haven't heard anything.Paul 3/09/2023
- SunLux has been great to deal with. I found their prices to be super competitive. The install team did a great job. Had some challenges on the roof and with one call to customer service they had someone out the next day and had it resolved. I've been up for four months now and its performing as expected!Steven L. 5/01/2019
- Their presentation was much better than some of the other folks we talked to. They had a better sense of what they were talking about and were able to portray that to me, who did not know anything about solar. The installation went really well, and really, really quickly. The driver dropped off the incorrect panels but they corrected that. It took him a week to get the new ones. But as soon as they dropped in my driveway, they were right on the house. So there was no problem there. The project manager, Bonnie, was really good. Bonnie and the salesman, Mike, were super great at everything and helping out and helping me understand.Jeremy 4/28/2021
sunlux makes solar simple in central texas
Our founders had a radical idea - that solar energy should be just as easy as traditional electricity! Our 5 step process will have you saving money on your electric bill in no time.
We start out by taking a look at your energy bill to determine your needs to provide you with an estimate of how much you can save by going solar with Sunlux Solar. The best part is we’ll answer your questions honestly, making your solar decision simple.
Our PV Designer will create a solar system package with curb appeal, your energy needs and your home specifications in mind. We’ll work closely with you to make sure the design exceeds your expectations, delivering maximum performance and lifespan.
We handle the paperwork for you. Once the design is finalized, our permit technician will put together a detailed permit package and submit it to city of residence for approval.
The solar panel installation will be performed by our highly trained, safety-certified crews, and the onsite project foreman will be there to answer any questions you may have.
Once the city inspector signs off, we will submit the final package to your utility provider for a PTO (Permission to Operate), so we can turn on your Sunlux solar system and you can start saving money.
Learn More about solar
Read about the latest in solar energy and smart home news.
Over the last decade, we’ve seen a significant shift towards renewable energy, particularly solar power. The popularity of solar power systems has skyrocketed, driven by
As we witness a renewable energy revolution, solar power systems are becoming increasingly commonplace. Central to these systems are solar batteries, essential for storing the
Welcome to the energy revolution! As our world transitions towards renewable energy, the introduction of Net Metering 3.0 represents a significant leap forward. If you’re