IMPORTANT – SolarEdge Inverter Customers: If your Inverter has stopped communicating, please click here for additional information.
Sunlux is a Tesla® Certified Installer
Experience the Tesla Ecosystem, Solar + Battery all in One Integrated System
The Tesla® Powerwall Battery
Store your solar energy for use anytime—at night or during an outage.
Low-profile, durable Tesla® Solar Panels
Converting sunlight to energy for decades to come.
how we work
From consultation to design to engineering, we make solar simple so you can save.
TRUST THE SOLAR EXPERTS
With over 30 years of combined experience and more than 7,000 solar installations, the Sunlux executive team offers unique, highly-specialized leadership in the industry.
We’re here to help every step of the way so you can feel confident in switching to solar. Worry-free and affordable, that’s our guarantee.
Settle For Nothing Less Than The Best. Choose Sunlux Solar.
What Sunlux solar customers say
Don't take our word for it. Read what our valued customers think about us.
- We have had our solar with Sunlux for 8 months now. We are extremely happy with the solar production and customer service. Everybody I've talked to has been very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. Solar is a huge investment and I feel good knowing that Sunlux will be there for us for the long haul.Crissy B. 6/19/2020
- Sunlux was amazing from start to end. Very helpful with our needs and wants. They did not push us into anything. Alex, our project manager, was great with communication and very professional. Sunlux helped us with a new roof installation. The company they secured for us was very professional and cleaned up after themselves very well. The solar installers and electrician were great!!! They let me know what they were doing throughout the process. I am an above satisfied customer. Thank you Sunlux!Matthew 2/22/2022
- The engineer that I first talked to was very knowledgeable, and he had a system himself. I had a few drawbacks, and I didn't know how it would work, but he could answer all my questions. He was very good. Alex, the project coordinator, kept me up to date and worked around my schedule. The staff that came out here were very professional, and they did their job well. So far, I've been producing more than I'm using. The cost of the service is very fair, because I know the electric company is going to be increasing.Carol 9/15/2021
- I have my solar installed last year, and very happy with it, would refer to friends,and family, every thing go well,from start to finish the project,every one I met from the salesman to the final inspection are very nice,the most important is after installing the panels my Edison bill is so so cheap,my first bill was under $ 6, love it.Christine K. 2/28/2019
- Sunlux has been great. Every time they said they were gonna do something, they did it, from providing me the information that I needed to answering my questions and keeping me updated with the schedule of all the significant events. I recommend Sunlux, definitely. From the moment they installed the system, even though I still had to get permits, it was already connected, and I was already reaping the benefits out of it.Oscar 10/05/2022
- After a couple of research for solar company, we decided to go with Sunlux for our solar system. The sales consultant Lorena Gutierrez and service representative Markie Owen are both amazing to work with. The installation team are very professional and on time. They keep me update through out the process. We are very happy with our solar and so far after 4 months we only need to pay $10 a month for Edison connection fee for electricity bill.Kevin C. 5/17/2019
- I love to do my research and obtained quotes from more than 5 different installers before selecting Sunlux to install my solar system. One key piece for making that decision, besides researching all of the equipment and cost, was a result of reading positive reviews much like this one. The employees answered all of my questions and maintained communication throughout the process to let me know what stage the project was at and what I should expect next. This was huge for me as several of the steps involved getting permits, submitting plans, and obtaining inspections which don’t necessarily require the customer’s constant participation. As such it would have been easy to feel like nothing was happening or that my project was not moving forward had my project manager not provided those periodic progress updates. From start to finish it took just over 2 months from the date I signed the contract. The install itself took a couple days due to rainy weather. My wife and I are very pleased with the work that was done.NickH 4/03/2018
- We talked with a couple of companies. There was a company where we started to move towards the design phase but the design really did not accommodate our home. We have a Spanish-style home and part of it has a flat roof. Another part is tiled out roofing with classic clay tiles. We wanted to make sure that the investment was going to yield the savings we were seeking. If they were putting in solar and there was not enough solar panels to offset the cost of paying the utility company, it didn't make any sense. They didn't seem to have an alternative. Also, there wasn't any consistency in contact with the customer service so we decided to hold off on that.We called a local radio host. He's a designer and does construction of homes in California. He has lots of great tips. I said, "Surely, there has to be these panels that have evolved to be smaller, but more powerful." Technology is evolving at least every three years, if not yearly. He recommended SunLux and they're an advertiser. I liked his advice and gave SunLux a call. The engineer or the tech expert walked us through the different products and what decisions we needed to make. We are under the pandemic and it was very easy to show some of the options for us. They had a picture of our house so we could see where the panels might go on our roofing.From there, they had a financing option that worked really well for us. Every step of the way, the management of the project was well done. There was someone we could contact to help us to be ready for each stage. Everyone was courteous and very professional. That coordinator, Erica, made such a difference in keeping us apprised of what was going on. There was the ease of the financing. They gave us some options of a Tesla battery at the time. There was also LG and the products they offered were state of the art, which was what we were looking for. We had to make some modifications to the solar panels but SunLux was able to put all the solar panels on our roofing. The modification required them to have some of the panels that would come right at the edge of the roof. We were concerned about that because the way they put those panels in, you walk to our house and you cannot see those panels. I see some people around my neighborhood who have gotten solar panels and when you walk to their house, there are these hideous panels that are right at the front door. It disrupts the aesthetic of the home. SunLux was able to make the adjustment and they did not have to do a hanging. They were able to work with the roof and reconfigure things. It's lovely. We retained the style of our Spanish home. The architectural integrity was important to us. And in handling all the permits, we really put ourselves in SunLux's hands and they competently accomplished each step. We are very happy with SunLux and really glad to recommend them. They're topflight and they live up to their reputation.When making a purchase of solar panels, you want to have the right company to know what you want and know how the company manages the process. Their communications and their customer support are absolutely key to guide you through the process. There's a permitting process but how does the company handle it? How professional and courteous are they in communications with you frequently so you know every step of the way? This is the process that SunLux used and gave us confidence.Peggy 3/23/2021
- I have a property in Mission Viejo and have a complicated 30 year clay tile roof. We contacted Sunlux, Sunpower, Sunrun and Tesla for solar panel quotes and Tesla for solar roof. Tesla took a couple of weeks to tell me that they will not install panels on clay tiles, designed an 11.4kw solar roof but placed 2.7 kw of active tiles on the north facing panes. I asked for a redesign 2 weeks ago and am still waiting. I don't think they can do it to be honest.P T. 2/16/2021
As far as solar panel quotes, Sunlux came out as the least expensive, the best system, the best warranty and will take care of replacing the underlayment for a very reasonable price so I don't have to call a separate roofer. Michael agreed to an upgrade from 2 layers of 30# felt to 2 layers of synthetic SBS-modified asphalt underlayment for the same price. Their system is based on state of the art high efficiency panels from LG with built-in microinverters so the 25 year manufacturer warranty includes the inverters (the most likely hardware to fail and only has a 10 year warranty from all the other installers). Unlike all the other installers, Sunlux offers a production guarantee of so many kwh/yr so they have a vested interest in monitoring the system output to watch for any failures or unexpected decrease in production. They also allow the customer to monitor system production down to the panel level so if any panel were to fail the installer and/or manufacturer warranty can be exercised. This is not possible with any system using string inverters such as Tesla.
Their roof leak warranty is 15 years instead of the industry standard 10 years. It's comforting to know although with 2 layers of SBS-modified asphalt underlayment I am not too worried.
Their customer service seems to be top notch from reading all the reviews on Yelp and Consumer Affairs. Their prices are very competitive. If you decide on Powerwall storage they will go the extra mile to apply for the SGIP program and get the state rebate for you. Highly recommended!
- We are at the paperwork portion of the process and my rep, Erica, has been doing well. She was very accommodating, answered all my questions, and helped me through everything. She caught a little issue before going into the HOA approval process. I forgot to sign one of the areas on there. We fixed that quickly. I’m happy that I chose SunLux.John 12/04/2021
- UPDATE: Our system is finally up and running, and they made an effort to rectify the situation.Wendy G. 4/15/2019
Let me start this story from the beginning. After doing a lot of research, we landed on Sunlux for a couple of reasons. Their reviews were generally very positive, and they use Panasonic panels, which are a bit smaller, and can be arranged so they fit around the obstructions on our roof. After the bid, we had to do some foundation work. We contacted the salesman, let him know we were planning to move ahead with Sunlux, but the project would be delayed. When we were ready to move forward, it became a huge cluster#&%@. We had to send over some pictures and measurements around our electrical panel. We didn't hear anything for a long time, until we heard that our original project manager was no longer with the company, and that we would have to re-measure and re-send the pictures because her files were lost. This delayed the project by at least a couple of weeks, if not a month. Then, we were told to wait. And we waited, and waited, and waited. The only times the project manager returned our phone calls was after we called the salesman out of frustration. At one point, the company had been notified that the permits had come through, but because they didn't have them in their hands, they refused to put us on the schedule.
Finally, we got the go ahead, two months after it was promised. The installation went relatively painlessly. If this review was for the installers, instead of the company in general, it would be four or five stars. They finished the installation in mid-March. We were told we would be contacted within 10-14 business days to schedule the final inspection. We heard nothing. I tried contacting our project manager, and again, crickets, until I called our salesman. Then, we were told that we would have to make the final payment before the system could be turned on. We paid about 75% upon installation. No one told us we would have to pay the other 25% before having the system turned on, but nonetheless, we paid. Then, we were told that Sunlux neglected to file all the paperwork with the city. After they did that, we then received an email saying the inspection would happen on the 12th of April.
On April 12th, we got a knock on the door. The Sunlux employee was an hour late for the inspection. He was very apologetic, but his excuse was that he was stuck at someone's house because he was being yelled at by a very angry customer. The employee told us that Sunlux was a horrible company, and that all customers were angry. This may or may not be true, but we are one of the angry customers. Right now, we have $25k worth of useless glass sitting on top of our roof. I suspect it will get turned on one day, but for now, we continue to pay exorbitant PG&E bills, which is precisely what we're trying to avoid. If this isn't remedied immediately, we'll be contacting a lawyer.
As for the delays, we know, things happen, but the fact that there was little to no communication, and that we weren't given all the facts (like that they were waiting for us to pay the final payment), makes us wonder how and if they'll honor the warranty.
Friends and neighbors want to go solar, and they have asked for Sunlux's contact info. There's no way we'll recommend them, unless things dramatically change soon. At which point, I'll update this review, and perhaps their star rating.
- I reached out to the sales rep and he didn’t have to do a bunch of a pitch to me because I already knew what I wanted. He just confirmed that everything was the correct way. He answered all the questions I had. Sunlux just finished the installation on Monday so I’m still trying to figure it out and see how everything's gonna play out with Edison, my power provider. But everything seems to be running smoothly. You always get notified whenever there's something to do on the app and you do it such as in terms of the process. In terms of price, everything was good too because I got a few quotes from someone else and Sunlux beat them. At the end of the day, we went with them because they have a good reputation in the market.Jairo 10/17/2022
- Fantastic experience. The solar consultant I spoke with, Fernando **, was extremely knowledgeable. Fernando helped lay out a couple of possible custom tailored solar plans for my home which included details about overall cost, expected kilowatt hours accumulated by the panels, my own power needs, etc. It was informative and all of my questions/concerns were answered. I can't say that about the other companies I spoke with. If you're going to go solar go with Sunlux.travis 9/17/2021
- Sunlux installed my system in the middle of last year, and have been online since last October. Decided to go with a roof mounted system, and so far we are very pleased with the results. I appreciate how Sunlux has a very strong customer service team that is proactive to check on how things are going or answer any questions. The new software update is great! I like how the continue to update the main software. great company!Lazaro F. 6/10/2019
- On the telephone, the Sunlux customer service reps were great. They answered all my questions. They worked with me. They did what I wanted them to do. They made it work under my conditions. Overall, Sunlux was very educational. I knew nothing and then two weeks later, I feel like my head was gonna explode. I knew too much. So, they were very informative. What I liked was the person I worked with was not a salesperson. He was an engineer. So, he explained technical things, but I had to make him explain them a couple of times because I was new. So, he went over and over until I got it.Dorlene 1/27/2022
- I had an issue with our solar panel not producing any electricity so I called and left message for Garrett from Sunlux. Not only did he call me back the same day, but he basically diagnose the problem over the phone and sent someone from Sunlux to come to my house the next business day to confirm diagnosis that we had a bad inverter. A few hours later that day Garret called not only to schedule an install of the new inverter, but to my surprise he also said that because we were having problems with pigeons living under the solar panels that he would install critter guard to prevent the pigeons from going underneath the panels for no charge.Robert N. 10/28/2019
I would highly recommend Sunlux for their professionalism as well as their great customer service.
- I shopped for Solar around with 5 Solar companies and decided to go with Sunlux. Their prices were the best amongst all. My experience with Sunlux was very pleasant from start to finish. My sales rep, Ralph Funk has been very positive all the way. He is knowledgeable and was very prompt with communication every time I had a question. I never felt pushed in getting solar. The project managers Sarah and Karissa were also very friendly and helpful. They would always be on top of everything when I had questions or concerns. Every step in the installation process was scheduled very quickly. It only took the installers 3-4 hours to put my solar system. The installers were efficient and respectful. I am very satisfied with my solar installation and would definitely recommend Sunlux to my anyone who is looking to get solar.Sung W. 2/01/2018
- I cannot say enough good things about SunLux. From start to finish our project was seamless. Sunlux provided us with updates through the whole project. We always knew what was going on and what the next step would be. Everyone we met or came in contact with during the process from the sale to final inspection was AMAZING! I would recommend SunLux to anyone looking to install solar.Michelle P. 2/22/2019
- SunLux was highly recommended and it seemed that the timeline was better. Also, it was much more value-based. My home used to be a single-family. I added an ADU, so I'm actually getting two units that are gonna be installed. I was looking into options on how to change that with monitoring each one independently. The rep just kicked me up to the higher-up person who was one of the owners and he was able to help me with my questions.Eric 11/28/2021
- The entire Sunlux team has been incredible from start to finish. During the sales presentation, there was no uncomfortable up selling or pressure by Chris. The installation process managed by Jen was seamless, and whenever there was an issue (all issues were minor) she took considerable effort to ensure our care and solve the problem. The roof and the panels look fabulous and they are producing as expected - we couldn't be happier!! We received 3 other quotes for the project and Sunlux beat the competition in every category, which actually made me a bit nervous, but after going through the whole project, I am blown away that they exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Sunlux and Troy Roofing for any project you might have. Thanks Garrett and the entire Sunlux crew!!Scott M. 7/08/2020
- Once I talked to the person at SunLux, it was the only way we wanted to go and we moved ahead with them. They are working on the permit. They also had to do the architectural review with our HOA. We're done with that. Our original guy that sold us the panels came up with a design that I liked. But they haven't been able to do that for some reason at SunLux. Once it went to the engineers, they gave me a different setup. The person from SunLux wanted me to DocuSign the layout but it seemed different to me than we had originally talked about, so I sent it back to her, and she sent it back to me to mark up what I was expecting. So, we have been going back and forth to try to get the layout to where I like it or it's more similar to what our person who sold us the solar showed us.Karen 11/26/2021
- I highly recommend Sunlux! They are honest, responsive, and very customer focused. Couldn't ask for a better company to work with. If you appreciate a company who honors their commitments without any hassle this is the company to hire. No third party installers. Employees are knowledgeable, polite, and will exceed your expectations. You can count on Sunlux to make things rightMiguel C. 6/09/2022
- I had consultations with about five different companies, and the rep from Sunlux was the most comprehensive and accessible. Whenever I called him, he’d always answer. He seemed to have more knowledge, the right kind of knowledge, the stuff I wanted to know, and he explained everything very well. I just signed the contract today, and they’re doing the permitting now. As far as the solar panels, the micro-inverter is very important. They have different types of panels. They have a series which is older, which you run the risk. It’s like if one panel is shaded, the whole array can go down. With the micro-inverters, which is what I'm purchasing from LG, they are on the panels. So, there's no central point of failure. If one panel gets shaded, then the other panels are going to keep producing energy.Daniel 1/28/2022
- Very professional and responsive from start to finish. The Sunlux organization to a person is dedicated to customer satisfaction, and made the process extremely easy. My wife did not want to see solar panels from the street and Mike V. was extremely understanding and collaborative with the placement of the panels on a challenging roof with many facets. He also patiently took us through all the options of going solar, with NO high pressure tactics. The entire process was on our timetable. Permitting with the city, and the final inspection, was a breeze. What we did not expect, was the caliber of installation on our home. Their crew was meticulous in all areas of the work, treading very lightly on our roof and grounds, and positively craftsmanlike in their design and execution. I refer to it as an 'elegant' installation, so cleanly done. We just can't get over the workmanship. We could not be happier.Bill D. 8/23/2018
- My husband and I live in Wildomar, Ca .We choose Sunlux Solar to installed our solar panel in July 2020. We had been doing research on solar for over two years.Eazy G. 11/10/2020
We did our homework and choose between 5 different company's in the area that we live. We went out and talk to other Sunlux customers and review their opinion. There was lower price and higher price company's out there. We went with a happy medium price and Quality of materials . As we all know Solar Panels are not cheap. Sunlux Solar did a great job and were quick to install . They were install within 2 1/2 days. According to my neighbors that was very quick.
- Sunlux has been very diligent. Everything is transparent. They've tried to accommodate a lot of the questions and concerns that I've had. They don't promise everything, but they provide you with the details. The gentleman who explained the details to me had a very detailed presentation. It took a lot of time but it explained a lot of things. I'm still in the middle of trying to finalize how we're gonna be approaching the project. We're making sure that the roof is able to handle that added load and that we don't have to remove the panels 5, 10 years from now to fix leaks.James 5/26/2022
- This is a very professional group of people. Everyone was responsive and helpful. The only problem, which wasn't their fault, was the time it took for the city inspector and the electric company to turn on the panels. I've only had the panels for a short time, but so far this has been a very pleasant experienceTherese B. 5/09/2019
- The customer service with SunLux Energy is outstanding. They're constantly on top of everything. They kept me apprised of every step that was being taken. My project manager, Berlin, was fantastic. What's shocking was that they buy the panels from a distributor and they don't tell you what it is. Once we were into the project, I got a certified letter stating that if SunLux doesn't pay their bill, I'm getting a $14,000 lien put on my house. It never happened because they did pay it but I was very aggressive at first with these people thinking I didn't do business with them. I didn't sign any contracts with them. After doing a lot of internet research and so forth, I learned that this does happen if companies go belly up. Even though I didn't make any business with the provider of the solar panels, they have a right to put a lien on the property for their merchandise. SunLux provided me the document saying that it was paid in full then they forwarded it directly to the company and I didn't have to do anything further. But it is kind of scary when you're in a contract with a company like this and you get this in the mail, and they don't tell you that this is gonna happen.The guys that came over were very professional but it took about two months until I went to full production because half my panels were wired incorrectly. They came out once and tried but couldn't figure it out. We had to set another appointment for about three weeks out. Then they sent a crew of two guys. They spent all day and finally found the problem. There was reverse polarity on one of the panels. Having SunLux, I'm saving a lot of money. My payments for the solar panels might pay the rest of my life for these things but for me, my payments are $170 a month. My average electric and water bill every two months was between 1,100 and 1,600 for a family of three and a swimming pool. The electric portion of it was between 600 and 800. I got air conditioning last year and my bill probably would have been about 1,700 just for electric. Now that we have the solar panels, the most I've paid for electric so far has been $65. It's definitely paying off for me.Al 2/12/2021
- I liked the video presentation of SunLux better than other companies. It was really informative. I learned a lot that I didn't know about. Price-wise, they were in the ballpark of what I was figuring on. They’re doing the permit thing right now. I’m waiting on the city to do their thing. The rep I've been working with has been staying in touch. He keeps us apprised of what's going on.James 10/29/2021
- I have their system for a year and it is really paying off. Two self caused service calls were the greatest experiences ever. Fast to call back, great comfort on the phone and rapid to arrive . They knew what to do and even though I caused the short they remedied the problem and saved my day with nothing but smilesGary P. 4/12/2019
- Our experience with Sunlux was great. Our initial consult with Tracy was scheduled promptly and I was seriously impressed with his level of knowledge and ability to answer all of my questions. The system was designed and sized exactly as I wanted and meets the needs of our current and expanding family. The install team was professional and courteous. I did have to monitor them a bit more than I had wanted to insure everything was done to my exacting standards but in the end it turned out great. It has been a month and the production is right on track. I am already saving money! It was a great experience from start to finish.Christoph P. 7/08/2019
- I have been pleased with SunLux. It just started to kick in and the bill is considerably lower. I had one issue with them. After they did the stucco work to my side of my house, they didn't match the paint very well and they didn't paint well. Whoever came out was very sloppy. I took some pictures and I sent the pictures to them. They came out the very next day and fixed it up. They were very quick to respond to an issue that I had with them.Bill 2/25/2021
- Sunlux Stands behind their word.Michael R. 10/07/2021
After a year with having panels there was some questions about my SCE bill and the production of my system. Spoke with Michael Valencia and he went above and beyond to resolve my problem. He took the time to explain exactly what was going on. Sunlux made it right, you can't ask anything more from a company. I would highly recommend Sunlux as your solar company.
- I highly recommend Sunlux! They are honest, responsive, and very customer focused. Couldn't ask for a better company to work with. If you appreciate a company who honors their commitments without any hassle this is the company to hire. No third party installers. Employees are knowledgeable, polite, and will exceed your expectations. You can count on Sunlux to make things rightMiguel C. 6/09/2022
- I liked that SunLux didn't keep pestering us. Sunrun kept calling every 15 minutes, and I actually had to block their number. SunLux was a little more professional and didn't treat me like just a big sale. They just called and then we set the appointment. We just had the inspector and we've kind of got everything going. The experience is very positive and feels more service-oriented.Shane 4/08/2022
- SunLux is growing into Northern California. I was a bit skeptical about doing business with a company still based in Southern California, but they sent a crew up to do a site inspection and a crew to do the installation. When the installation was inspected, the city inspector complimented then on the job they did Frank, the crew lead was great at keeping us informed throughout the installation process and his team, Art and Eder were neat. Lorena, the project manager was very good about communicating about the design process, permitting, and everything happening behind the scenes.Lar B. 9/05/2018
I can recommend them without reservation.
- Sunlux has done everything they said they were gonna do and they responded to every question I've had. Their contract was very detailed and it included the requirements that the law required. I'm fully clear about everything that is going on and how it's happening. It's been about a three-week process so far. We're in the engineering process awaiting a final design and plan. Everything's going as scheduled, as planned, as expected, and as they describe it to me.Steven 2/19/2023
- Great Company. Great team. They did what they said they were going to do. They were timely, efficient, responsive and pro-active. And even went above and beyond when I thought a noisy air vent had been caused by the install they came back out to assess the situation. They submitted all of my rebate forms for me, including the Edison paperwork. I didn't have to lift a finger.Paul G. 9/11/2018
Great Pricing. Outstanding Service. I highly recommend SunLux.
- SunLux's program is not that good but I like their brand of equipment and their system. Their sales rep was personally and professionally very good. We did the deal and now they start doing the design. I'm waiting for that. Other than that, whatever was done is nice. There are a lot of companies in the market for solar systems and if anybody asks me, I will recommend SunLux to them.Souret 12/03/2021
- I have just received my *PERMISSION TO OPERATE* from Southern California Edison confirming that my Self-Generation Facility is Interconnected to SCEs Electric Grid, ie my solar system can now export energy to the SCE grid and I get credit for it. This project started about 4 months ago when I finally settled on choosing SunLux Energy to install a Solar Energy System. Having talked to and discarded several companies before, I was impressed by what SunLux had to offer: a top quality system, very flexible configurations, multiple options, battery backup, and a great warranty covering roof leaks as well as their equipment. The SunLux Sales Representative, Ben Carton, was as pleasant as he was professional. Working from a few typical SCE monthly statements he came up with a configuration that would produce my average electric consumption plus a safety margin, along with a battery backup component to keep our choice of devices powered on in case of a power outage. The equipment itself is made by SolarEdge, an excellent solar energy products manufacturer, and by LG. The decision was easy, the mantle was passed to the Project Manager, Raul Rodriguez, who promptly set up an installation schedule which the installation crew stuck to. This crew was very professional and very diligent. 27 panels were installed in one day even though my roof is of an unconventional metal type. (Since the installation was completed we had a strong wind event and a couple of very stormy days with an unusual amount of rain, but no leaks and not a single panel budged.) At the completion of the installation, the mantle was passed to the SunLux Customer Service Manager, Garrett Kramer, who managed the setup, testing, monitoring and transfer of the system to me. To me, the quality of a system has as much to do with the quality of support as with the system itself. Working with Garrett was, and continues to be, a real pleasure. He is always available, he is patient, he responds to issues very promptly, often before I am even aware that there is an issue. He also guided the application to get the system interconnected to the SCE grid, which was finally approved last week. I am very happy with my SunLux system and would strongly recommend SunLux to anybody in the market for a top-notch solar energy system.Waguih B. 6/28/2019
- SunLux had a strong proposal and I liked their warranties. They're not cheap but they were the best. When doing solar, buy the decent quality. Don't go for cheap crap because it won’t pay off in the long term. Our experience with SunLux has been fairly okay. But we might not be able to go forward with the job at the moment. My roof isn't correct because I don't have the right type of shingles. I need to change that and it would cost me 11 grand, which I'm not prepared to pay for.Alastair 11/01/2021
- SunLux is a good deal for the environment. Hopefully, it turns out to be as good as some of my friends have told us theirs has been. However, the installation probably would have been a lot faster if we could get the city to move faster. The process was pretty put together and the city made things slow. They kept me informed along the way as to what was going on. I don't know why it took so long for them to come in and put the meter in. That was several weeks, I don't know why, other than DWP is shorthanded.Kerry 5/27/2021
- The SunLux products were a little bit more than some of their competitors but I was okay with that knowing some of the other pluses. I wanted to go solar because of the environment and then the cost-savings. Also, a friend of mine touted the extra warranty stuff that SunLux had that other people didn’t have. The project is done. We paid outright. But the handymen who came to do a lot of the clean-up work and modifications failed to finish it. They had to move our panel box and they had to redo some stucco but they just haphazardly did it. They were super quick to get out of there. I had to constantly follow up with SunLux. But as far as the customer service reps, they were great. The actual panels are fine and everything works great. Overall, we're happy.Andrew 5/16/2020
- I chose Sunlux only after performing hours of research using the Better Bureau's website to locate A+ rated companies to perform my solar panel installation. I realize now that I chose well. Sunlux performed a preliminary inspection of my roof and found several cracked tiles which resulted in damage to its underlayment. With knowledge of rain approaching, they offered to tarp my roof at no cost to minimize further damage as I waited for my insurance company to make a final decision on my claim. I feel confident that I made the right choice when I chose Sunlux and would highly recommend them if you value integrity, quality, forward-thinking and customer satisfaction.Victor D. 1/25/2021
- So far, it’s been great. I've given all the information and they came and did the inspection. Everyone I've talked to from SunLux has been phenomenally happy and helpful. That was another reason why I went with them. The other reason I chose them was I had three other quotes and they were the lowest. They’re also local in Southern California. I've heard them on the local radio and every time I heard them speak or talk to them, it’s always been pleasant.Jason 10/17/2021
- I chose Sunlux after performing hours of research using the Better Bureau’s website to locate A+ rated companies to perform my solar panel installation. I realize now that I chose well. Sunlux performed a preliminary inspection of my roof and found several cracked tiles which resulted in damage to its underlayment. With knowledge of rain approaching, they offered to tarp my roof at no cost to minimize further damage as I waited for my insurance company to make a final decision on my claim. I feel confident that I made the right choice when I chose Sunlux and would highly recommend them if you value integrity, quality, forward-thinking and customer satisfaction.Victor David 1/26/2021
- I am so happy with my Sunlux experience! After going through the process I would definitely choose them again without hesitation. I initially reached out to Tesla Solar, which seemed great at first. We had a good initial meeting, the proposal looked good, and the gentleman that did my inspection was so nice. Then everything went sideways. After my inspection the initial estimate went up $8,500 for additional costs. I called my local utility company to verify what Tesla Solar was telling me was needed. My utility company sent someone to my house to inspect and verified it was not needed. Suddenly, I had a hard time getting a hold of my Project Manager at Tesla and the engineers could not agree on the requirements. Every few weeks they would just send me an email asking if I had signed the documents yet. They didn’t want to discuss what the utility company said. That is when I called other companies, including Sunlux. My sales contact, Rob M*******, worked with me and answered all of my questions. After reviewing the proposals, I researched the equipment on each proposal. The pricing was all competitive, but the equipment Sunlux quoted was far superior and the reviews were great. That is when I signed with Sunlux. Everyone I talked to, emailed, or that came to our house was friendly, professional, and overly polite. From my Project Manager, Emma S******, to the techs sent to our house for installation and inspections, everyone was knowledgeable and amazing. Emma kept me informed every step of the way and I did my part by emailing or calling when I had questions. Every email or call was responded to quickly. If someone did not know the answer to my question, they would have someone call me with the answer right away. Every inspection was passed easily. They submitted everything for me and made the whole process seamless. My solar system was turned on today and I am excited to see the kW it started producing right away. I will be referring everyone to Sunlux!PAGE M. 7/30/2019
- I spend several months researching and getting quotes from multiple solar contractors. Let me tell you it was a big learning experience. At the end I decided to go with Sunlux. They give me the best price and best guarantee than the other three solar companies for the system I was looking for.. They really took care of me and made the most effort to earn my business. Another key factor was their customer reviews. The process was smooth and very professional. Their installers where also very professional and pay attention to detail, taking my input and answering any questions I had. I’m so glad I went with Sunlux.MOISES R. 11/07/2019
- SunLux quickly understood our needs and designed an appropriate system with quality components from the beginning. Competitors started their proposal with a lesser system with lower quality components. After weeks of working with a competitor, they came up with the exact same system as SunLux and at the same price. The main reason we liked SunLux is that we had roofing issues. Competitors wanted to sell a whole new roof while SunLux came up with a much less expensive solution.Timothy R. 7/21/2019
- From start to finish Sunlux was on it. The process was so easy! Most of it done by email, phones and computer. Everyone I talked to gave me their cell phone number and their email address where I could reach out if I had any questions. One Sunday night after hours, I received an email I was very concerned about so I called 1 phone number and left a message. I thought no body will call me back and I tried another number and no answer. Then emailed a couple of people. My phone stared ringing off the hook from Sunlux people returning my phone call. They eased my worries about the email I had received. I was impressed with their after hours response. They followed through with everything they said they would do and I appreciate that so much! My neighbor went with another company before we signed with Sunlux and she is still not completed. I highly recommend Sunlux for anyone thinking about going solar.Shelly C. 10/16/2019
- We communicated with SunLux by email and advised them that we wanted to get solar in both our homes. So, they went ahead and got those lined up and they did a reputable job. There were certain things that we had to wait for about the city, COVID and everything that was going on but they crushed it. I was very impressed. SunLux takes care of me and stands by their word. They make sure my system is working properly.Chris 2/27/2021
- First, let me say that my experience with Sunlux was a good one. The agent that first met with me was very pleasant and knowledgeable and put a great system together for what my solar power system. The technicians that came to install the system were also very professional and courteous. After that, there is some patience that you will have to have with getting the system up and running. From Sunlux dealing with the Gas Company, DWP, and the city inspectors, it can get to be time consuming, but they keep you abreast to what� � � ¢� � � � � � � � s going on. Garrett in the main office was very helpful all the way through the process. Overall I� � � ¢� � � � � � � � m very happy with my choice of Sunlux and I� � � ¢� � � � � � � � m looking forward to saving money on my power bills by generating solar energy.Thomas C. 5/22/2019
- Everything has been great. I've been well-informed about everything and never had any questions. Everything was almost answered preemptively and it's been smooth sailing. Before you move into schedules for install, you've got designing and engineering to go through. We had to send somebody out to the house to do a site assessment and you won't be scheduled for install until permit is received, but the process was started a couple of days after I signed the contract.William 1/03/2022
- I have considered solar installation for some time now. After making the decision to move forward with solar, I invited 5 solar companies to provide me quotes. Of the 5 companies, only 2 provided full service (roofing work) including the changing of high profile vents to low-profile vents and relocation of vent pipes in order to not have sporadic placement of solar panels. I was interested in uniform placement of the panels without large gaps to skip over vents or vent pipes. The sales rep, Chris was very knowledgeable. He made every effort to answer my questions. Like many other customers, I had many questions and specifics to discuss after our initial meeting. Chris made every effort to call me back and answered all my questions (sometimes even in the late evening because he did want a day to go by without calling me back). Once the documents were signed and the project was underway, the project was handled by the project manager Danielle. Like Chris, Danielle was very responsive. She kept me informed at every step of the project. She ensured I was aware and understood of all the details involved with the particular step in the process we were in. In fact, Danielle even called me to congratulate me when Southern California Edison granted my Permission To Operate. The installers were all very prompt and courteous. Due to rain, the installers had to stop working and gave me what sounded like a heart felt apology for having to stop working. Imagine that, it goes to show the level of commitment and pride in their work. From beginning to end, employees of Sunlux have demonstrated their diligence and commitment to their customers. In turn, Sunlux shines as the solar installer of choice. With employees like Chris, Danielle, and the installation team, I would recommend Sunlux to anyone!J M. 3/19/2020
- Sunlux is super professional. They installed our solar within 2 days of the approved permit. Our Project Manager Erika Garcia is super efficient and responsible. I had an issue with the power on Friday night after the installation and sent her an email at 12:17 AM midnight. The tech shows up at my door the next morning at 8AM. When I saw the tech, I am speechless with their service. Jerry Hong is my sales representative, very knowledgeable about the solar, and usually, reply to my text in a minute. He even helps me take some pictures of the solar panel with his drone. I would like to give them 6 stars! I never have this kind's positive experience with any construction projects.Steve W. 7/14/2020
- I am so happy with my Sunlux experience! After going through the process I would definitely choose them again without hesitation. I initially reached out to Tesla Solar, which seemed great at first. We had a good initial meeting, the proposal looked good, and the gentleman that did my inspection was so nice. Then everything went sideways. After my inspection the initial estimate went up $8,500 for additional costs. I called my local utility company to verify what Tesla Solar was telling me was needed. My utility company sent someone to my house to inspect and verified it was not needed. Suddenly, I had a hard time getting a hold of my Project Manager at Tesla and the engineers could not agree on the requirements. Every few weeks they would just send me an email asking if I had signed the documents yet. They didn� t want to discuss what the utility company said.Page M. 7/30/2019
That is when I called other companies, including Sunlux. My sales contact, Rob Martinez, worked with me and answered all of my questions. After reviewing the proposals, I researched the equipment on each proposal. The pricing was all competitive, but the equipment Sunlux quoted was far superior and the reviews were great. That is when I signed with Sunlux.
Everyone I talked to, emailed, or that came to our house was friendly, professional, and overly polite. From my Project Manager, Emma Stadler, to the techs sent to our house for installation and inspections, everyone was knowledgeable and amazing. Emma kept me informed every step of the way and I did my part by emailing or calling when I had questions. Every email or call was responded to quickly. If someone did not know the answer to my question, they would have someone call me with the answer right away. Every inspection was passed easily. They submitted everything for me and made the whole process seamless.
My solar system was turned on today and I am excited to see the kW it started producing right away. I will be referring everyone to Sunlux!
- What stood out for me about SunLux was they also have a roofing company, which at the time, I needed to redo my roof. So, they gave me the package deal. The service seemed really well. I worked with Adam who was the lead manager on the project. He was amazing. I definitely recommend him. SunLux also has very reasonable pricing. They were also very honest and always responding back to calls. So we ended up doing two homes with them. What I appreciated about them was their response and due diligence to satisfy the customer. If I said, “Oh, kinda like this,” they were on it. We ended up financing the solar panels and it was really fair because the funds were released, and the partial, because of where they were with the process. Then the final payment was released from the lender when the project was finished based on my satisfaction. That was really well-done and I was very happy with that.Sermed 2/13/2021
- I've had a very positive experience with Sunlux. I feel they are an ethical company that stands by their word. There were some problems with employee turnover over the course of installing my system, so it ended up taking longer than it should have to get solar activated. I worked with Adam and Jessica to get compensated for my lost production. They were good to keep their word and worked hard to make things right. Now my Sunlux system is activated and my first bill was completely zeroed out. I was SO happy! Sunlux assessed my need and my difficult issue with a big tree that shades much of my house correctly. I'm very happy overall.Aimee C. 4/20/2020
- I did alot of research prior to coming across sunlux so I knew what I was looking for. sunlux was referred to me by my patio cover company ABOVE AND BEYOND PATIOS so I called and talked to Adam no hard sell gave me everything I wanted connected me to the finance company and worked with me was upfront about everything. Permits and equipment took a little time but they kept me informed about everything do your research and you will see sunlux is the right fit. Be sure to read all contracts because had a couple of companies try to get me to sign prior to roof inspection and I noticed that equipment was left out. But not with SunluxTim S. 3/03/2021
- We have had our solar with Sunlux for 8 months now. We are extremely happy with the solar production and customer service. Everybody I've talked to has been very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. Solar is a huge investment and I feel good knowing that Sunlux will be there for us for the long haul.Crissy 6/19/2020
- Our servers were shutting down all the time, and so we were losing a lot of data every time they shut down. One of the solutions was to get solar and we were already looking into solar, so it kind of worked out. SunLux was a recommendation. Their representatives were very responsive. Installation took less than a week, but it was pretty smooth. The cost of the service is fairly competitive. Go for SunLux.Takashi 6/30/2021
- Customer service is important to me and SunLux proved that they have the best in the business. I had a problem with my solar system and all I had to do was make one phone call to them and they did the rest. The problem was fixed so swiftly that I didn't need to call them back for updates on the situation.Gino T. 2/28/2019
- Sunlux was the most thorough. They were not the most affordable, but their honesty combined with their pricing was the best. The person that did our intake and walked us through the interview was the most honest. He is a salesperson, but he didn't act like one. The installation is supposed to happen in October, but we had a little hiccup with our project so we are probably going to push it out a little bit further. They work with what we thought was a lender, but they're a broker for the loan. The lender that they work with is no longer offering that loan. We're back at the application process.Karina 9/04/2022
- I liked the attitude of the person from SunLux I was talking to. He was open to my suggestions on the products’ brands. Everybody was offering brands and I was doing my research. I decided to go with LG. Most of the other people were negative about that. My perception was they want to sell what they were offering. But in this case with this company, he told me, “No problem. Whatever you want.” He researched and he sent me right away the price. He was accommodating to my petitions. He was teaching me how this works. He was also responding almost immediately. We were having good communication. He was a good salesperson.I was a little bit delayed in the end. But it wasn't the company's fault. It was the city inspectors. They were postponing a couple of times the final inspection. One of the things that I was a little bit disappointed in the end was that I was hoping that SunLux was going to teach me how to monitor. Because they left a device over here and for some reason, the device keeps disconnecting. I haven't been able to get it steadily connected. Another thing that I was expecting was the bill from Southern California Edison. I was expecting that one lower like I’ll get $26. But I've been getting 36. But other than that, it’s going to be aligned. They did a good job.Elfago 3/04/2021
- After months of research, my husband and I finally installed solar panels on our home. We had a fantastic experience with Sunlux. After putting the sales agent through his paces with my many questions about the materials, the esthetics and the process, he passed with flying colors. He was very patient and informative. He was the only one (of many) who took the time to make sure I understood how each component worked with the system. The system we purchased was designed for our needs and energy usage not just the square footage of our home. The engineers were very helpful with designing multiple options for the panel placement. I certainly didn't make things easy for them. Each person I interacted with was helpful and professional.Peggy L. 12/30/2018
The installation took one day. A team of five very polite men worked together efficiently and neatly. They cleaned up perfectly before leaving. The city inspection followed a week later. The inspector was very impressed with the quality of the installation. At that visit, one man from Sunlux took care of all the painting of conduit to match our siding, roof and trim colors. They actually color matched all the paint! The system is up and running. I have an app on my phone that keeps track of the energy production. It was all seamless.
I highly recommend Sunlux and our sales agent, Mark Trujillo. Mark has stayed in touch throughout the entire process to make sure I was happy with the progress and final result.
One final note. Sunlux was less expensive, provided a better warranty, uses high quality panels and has excellent customer service from start to finish.
If you're interested in solar panels, make sure you do your research. I'm glad I did mine!
- The salesperson was really good. He was very instrumental with my choosing SunLux. I had some concerns but he was able to answer it. At the same time, I felt sincerity and authenticity from him. SunLux did their best to try to be the hub for everything but there are a lot of moving parts. There's SunLux and there's the financing. Then I'm in a unique situation where I also have an HOA. For my HOA, I had to fill out forms and it would have been great if SunLux did that for me. The city approved the project and SunLux took care of that part, which is great. Once HOA approves the project, we're going to schedule the installation.Michael 11/30/2021
- I have just received my “PERMISSION TO OPERATE” from Southern California Edison confirming that my “Self-Generation Facility is Interconnected to SCE's Electric Grid”, ie my solar system can now export energy to the SCE grid and I get credit for it. This project started about 4 months ago when I finally settled on choosing SunLux Energy to install a Solar Energy System. Having talked to and discarded several companies before, I was impressed by what SunLux had to offer: a top quality system, very flexible configurations, multiple options, battery backup, and a great warranty covering roof leaks as well as their equipment. The SunLux Sales Representative, Ben C*****, was as pleasant as he was professional. Working from a few typical SCE monthly statements he came up with a configuration that would produce my average electric consumption plus a safety margin, along with a battery backup component to keep our choice of devices powered on in case of a power outage. The equipment itself is made by SolarEdge, an excellent solar energy products manufacturer, and by LG. The decision was easy, the mantle was passed to the Project Manager, Raul R********, who promptly set up an installation schedule which the installation crew stuck to. This crew was very professional and very diligent. 27 panels were installed in one day even though my roof is of an unconventional metal type. (Since the installation was completed we had a strong wind event and a couple of very stormy days with an unusual amount of rain; but no leaks and not a single panel budged.) At the completion of the installation,,the mantle was passed to the SunLux Customer Service Manager, Garrett K*****, who managed the setup, testing, monitoring and transfer of the system to me. To me, the quality of a system has as much to do with the quality of support as with the system itself. Working with Garrett was, and continues to be, a real pleasure. He is always available, he is patient, he responds to issues very promptly, often before I’m even aware that there is an issue. He also guided the application to get the system interconnected to the SCE grid, which was finally approved last week. I am very happy with my SunLux system and would strongly recommend SunLux to anybody in the market for a top notch solar energy system.Waguih B. 6/28/2019
- We had compared a few different companies and finally decided on Sunlux. While the price are pretty standard in the market, the deciding factors for us were the warranty (the guaranty level of electricity production over 25 years period) and the brand of panels they use. Once the contract was signed, the rest was really easy. They were very good at communicating with us, always returned calls, text when we had questions. The scheduling, installation and city inspection was painless and smooth. So, overall, very happy with the experience.Shirley L. 2/20/2020
- My name is Sung W* from Rancho Cuamonga, CA. I shopped for Solar with 5 Solar companies and decided to go with Sunlux. Their prices were the best among all I looked. My experience with Sunlux was very pleasant from start to finish. My sales rep, Ralph F*** has been very positive all the way. He is knowledgeable and was very prompt with communication every time I had a question. I never felt pushed in getting solar. The project managers Sarah and Karissa were also very friendly and helpful. They would always be on top of everything when I had questions or concerns. Every step in the installation process was scheduled very quickly. It only took the installers 3-4 hours to put my solar system. The installers were efficient and respectful. I am very satisfied with my solar installation and would definitely recommend Sunlux to my anyone who is looking to get solar.Please ask for Ralph F*** I highly recommend him.Sung W. 6/18/2019
- Starting with initial consultation to installation with SunLux was real smooth. There was a little glitch with county inspection, but SunLux technicians took care of the issue. I was well informed about each stage of the process. Whole process took less than 3 months which is shorter than what I expected. Everyone from SunLux that I dealt were as pleasant as they we're professional. I am happy with my decision to go with SunLux.Myung Y. 11/20/2019
how will I pay for solar?
Our customized solutions are guaranteed to save you money.
Start saving immediately with zero interest when you purchase your Sunlux system outright.
LOW RATES – NO HIDDEN FEES
Switch to solar with affordable monthly payments that are lower than your current electric bill.
Lease solar panels and get instant savings with no money out of pocket.
RATE LOCK GUARANTEE
Never pay another energy bill for years. We’ll show you how.
Talk to our experts now
Get a free, no-pressure consultation and start saving today!
Call us at (877) 467-6712 or fill out the form below and a Sunlux professional will contact you right away!
California & Texas Solar GALLERY
Go solar without sacrificing the curb appeal of your home. See for yourself!
Learn More about solar
Read about the latest in solar energy and smart home news.
Electricity Prices Keep Rising!
When will the rising cost of electricity stop going up?! Unfortunately, electricity prices have been on the rise due to inflation. Since 1970, prices have
Increase Your Property Value With Solar
Curious about how to increase property value? Many people don’t realize that not only does a solar system eliminate your electric bill, but it can
Your Guide To Investment Tax Credit – Solar
One big reason why you should go solar sooner rather than later is the investment tax credit (ITC) for solar energy. This allows owners of